How much are you spending to see SW Ep III???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TRSundown
Just curious if anyone is spending a lot of money to see this movie.

I am flying to Dayton, OH to see the movie with my best friend... $390 ticket... $10 Movie Ticket. Thats $400 to see SW... People call me nuts.

How about you?

Echuu
Yes, you are nuts; then again, if it were my best friend who lived in OH I'd prolly do that too.

HAROLD
4 tickets: $40.00

Refreshments: $20.00

Enjoying the last Star Wars movie: Priceless.

Soda

ctsketch
$13.00 opening day

frosthsky
I'm going in for free because my fan group is helping organize a charity screening on the 17th. Lucky me.

TheForceSupreme

TRSundown
Oh come on people... no money for costums or light sabers or anything... How many of you people are dressing up?

Lana
$10.50 for my ticket
$10 for gas to get to the theater
~$50 for my costume and lightsaber

So, somwhere around $70 total for me.

LandoSpeeder2
5 tickets- $48 somthin.

Snacks- not as much as the theater is selling them for, where sneakin our candy in.

TheForceSupreme
Originally posted by LandoSpeeder2

Snacks- not as much as the theater is selling them for, where sneakin our candy in.

I always do that too. laughing Happy Dance laughing

LandoSpeeder2
laughing Happy Dance

Darth Luke

Echuu
Originally posted by Lana
$10.50 for my ticket
$10 for gas to get to the theater
~$50 for my costume and lightsaber

So, somwhere around $70 total for me.

That's awesome; what character are you going as?

moviejunkie23
I wish i had money to dress up!!
I am prolly just gonna spend maybe 10 bucks. I will probably want to watch it twice though big grin

eXSBass

Lana
Originally posted by Echuu
That's awesome; what character are you going as?

I'm just going as a generic Jedi (well, to be specific I'm going to be my RPG character while she was a Jedi Knight)...I wanted to go as either Padme or Barriss Offee but I couldn't find the materials I needed and I was kinda running out of time and am short on money.

sith_darth_jay
18 may Midnight screening ticket 3$ (I know, it don't cost 10 bucks down here big grin )

morning 11:15 2.5$
lunch 5$
afternoon 4:00 2.5$
nite 7:00 3$

saturday 3$
sunday 3$
snacks 10$ at least

.... at least 32 $ just the first week...it ain't much, but consider that I usually spend no more than 6$ when I go see a movie

Echuu
Originally posted by Lana
I'm just going as a generic Jedi (well, to be specific I'm going to be my RPG character while she was a Jedi Knight)...I wanted to go as either Padme or Barriss Offee but I couldn't find the materials I needed and I was kinda running out of time and am short on money.

That's cool cool

TRSundown
I thought about dressing up... I found a really cool Vader costum on eBay and I have the Vader Force FX light saber but thats to much stuff to bring to Dayton with me. I have the ROTJ Luke Force FX saber and Anikin from SW Ep II and Mace Windus as well. They are so cool.

So no one can come close to $400 to see the movie... No body is camping out or flying anywhere to see it?

Wat Tambor

yodafan
I havn't bought a ticket online yet, so I will wait in line for about a hour. Ticket $6.00. Food while waiting in line $10.00.

Lord Tyrant
IMAX DIGITAL = 19.99 ( paying for my friend )
Food = 20.00
afterparty = 30.00

DeVi| D0do
$8

yodafan
I've got a questions, how much WOULD you spend to see Star Wars ep3 if you had to?

I'd say $50

TRSundown
That depends... When I lived in LA I got to see Ep II on a new digital technology designed by Boeing. Its was the premier showing with this technology and it was FULL digital. That was a movie experience unlike any I have seen... Amazing. Probably $100 for something local is as much as I would pay.

Boris

TheAnimal
im not spending a dime. i got family that work at the theaters. im going at midnight to the premier and get free popcorn and other stuff.

yodafan
Originally posted by TheAnimal
im not spending a dime. i got family that work at the theaters. im going at midnight to the premier and get free popcorn and other stuff.
Sweeeet... eek! Happy Dance

TheAnimal
so far it's myself my lady my friend and his lady. the person in my family who works there said it's sold out for the premier

umraan
6 bux

sith_darth_jay
I went to my local cineplex today and most tickects are sold, i have to buy 2 more tickets and hopefully my favourite theater will open may 19 (they're making repairs and to be honest i love the one screen theather rather then a 10 screens mall)

macgeek2005
$24.50. 3 tickets, for 3 different shows.

LightSaber_Part
Whats really cool....................
for a Gift a couple of months ago I got $20 from my grandparents and it so happened that the date on the bill is 1977 and I am only spending it on SW tickets big grin

I am going it my Jedi costume.

Luetchyboy

Darth_Feros
got my tickets for myself and 3 buddies for a total of 39 bucks canadian.
cant wait.

vader519
I payed for three tickets for $24 bucks US.

EHmasterJedi
lol ill spend enough to watch it all day and maybe if kingdom of heaven is still playing ill watch that once, LOL i thought it was kinda funny that TRSundown is spending 390 for a ticket to go see it with his freind and then only watch it once LOL.

TheAnimal
kingdom of heaven was bad ass. i saw it on friday.

jango fatt
8 euro digital version

jango fatt
me mate's gonna pay

ewansbabe
15$ ticket (30) for both of us
20-25 for drinks and snacks
15 lightsabre
40 for costume I made
10 gas
so about 120 in all i guess... that's just one time too....
plus it doesn't count the meal afterwards...

sneeky_ninja
10 dollars for tickets
100 dollars for darth veader costume rental.
seening the last starwars movie dressed as the coolest baddie ever.....Pricless.

DarkYoda
$5.50 for Midnight Madness on May 19th!

$15 for plastic lightsaber

What else do you really need? stick out tongue

Lord Yoda
8.50 midnight may 18

3.00 11:00

3.00 4:00

moonwalker741
9 bucks at midnight...
and i'll buy a drink which 3 bucks...no need to dress up...i wanna buy a star trek shirt though....just to piss off some people

Ben-Kenobi
HA HA IM GETTING IN FOR FREE WOOOOW!!!!! aww its so awesome when your best friends dad oewns the niceist theator in town.

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by Ben-Kenobi
HA HA IM GETTING IN FOR FREE WOOOOW!!!!! aww its so awesome when your best friends dad oewns the niceist theator in town.

My friend is the assistant manager smile

HAROLD
Originally posted by sneeky_ninja
10 dollars for tickets
100 dollars for darth veader costume rental.
seening the last starwars movie dressed as the coolest baddie ever.....Pricless. Copycat mad

See page one.

kremzike
I payed $250 for the screening last night (and was second in line) but the guy who was first spent over $500 American to come to Washington DC from Canada to see it.

As for any more spending, I can't say how much i'll do. I'm already going to see it at least 2 more times on the 19th, and i'm willing to bet i'll see it a handful more after that. Now, since everybody seems to be including costume prices, mine has cost me just under $400 I guess. I like to call it low-budget, and it might actually be, but I guess $400 doesn't seem like it's low budget!

Ken Kenobi
So far:

$10 messed

I will end up seeing it the next day hopefully, then maybe the next. Then once my local theater gets it, I will go then too.

Probably around $20 total on snacks.

The grand total will be somewhere around the $55 range.

kegs202
TOO MUCH !!!!!

Darth Maverick

whitewookie

BrianWilsonJedi
$7.00

sith_darth_jay
so far, I've bought tickets (me and my brother) for 3 screenings: midnite, 10:40 and 4:20, if I can i'd get tickets for 1:30 and 9:00 pm, then I'll see it saturday and a friend of mine gotme free tickets fo sunday mornig, so so far I'd say I'll see the movie at least 5 times the first week, that'll be like 30 $ (pretty cheap, don't you think?)

Smodden
$7.00
plus the cost of my shoes socks pants shirt underwear ...my haircut, my teeth being cleaned and whitened, shoes shined...ect ect...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.