The reason for Malachor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fishy
So Darth Janus and I were talking about this yesterday and neither of us knew any real reason until it suddenly hit me (probably him too, but i didn't have a webcam so i couldn't see him get hit by the hammer).

Now this is going to sound really stupid because we didn't think of it earlier. But honestly why would Kreia take the Exile to Malachor?

Because she wanted to die? She could do that herself easily, she even told the Exile she would if he wouldn't have followed her.

To kill him? Why, she could have stayed behind while he took care of Nihilus and fight him after that.

To meet him alone? Again strange, she had no idea he would come alone in the unfinished version and if the game would have been finished he wouldn't have come alone. So thats not it either...

So then perhaps for him to come full circle to finish his history could be possible of course, but why the hell would she do that? She wouldn't have any reason for Malachor would she? And now that we are on the subject why would she have trained the Exile? All she uses you for is to kill the Jedi Masters, that has no real purpose. She could have done that herself. To help Mandalore unite the Mandelorians, again she sees no real purpose in it and Mandalore would have done that anyway, so for him to train would be the best answer... But why?

He is a wound in the force Nihilus can't defeat him, he needs some basic training yes, but taking him around to kill four Jedi Masters, or at the very least meet them... Why would she? Whats the purpose whats the goal, whats the use?

So then what? She could have gotten him to kill Nihilus everything else the Exile did she could have done or would have happened. I really doubt she cares about your companions so she wouldn't go around and saving them. To defeat Sion maybe? But he too gets defeated, so then what?

For some reason she wants to train him, for one reason she wants him to become strong. For some reason she says you fail no matter what, Dark or Light she does not agree. She says you do not do the right things no matter what. She wants somebody who is neither. And here comes our theory.

Revan was that according to her, Revan the very heart of the force was neutral. Doing what was necessary to save the republic. That is what Kreia describes. She's probably right, she could know after all. So why train the Exile? It all comes down to Revan.

She wanted to proof she could once again train somebody like Revan, but she hated Revan. She hated him and loved him. She hates the force and respects the Exile because he could let go of the force. Revan is the very heart of the force according to her. She hates the force so she would hate the heart. The Exile however, in him she see's the dead of the force. The end of it all. Something that could destroy the heart. Kreia is happy when you come to face her on Malachor. Because that would be the Exile's ultimate test. He would lose all his connections to his former life.

If you are light side then Kreia gets Hanharr to attack and kill Mira, okay he fails but besides the point, why would she do that? To end Mira, to end the ties to your former life. To leave you with nothing but two droids. I'm sure she would have wanted Atton and Disciple/Handmaiden to die. She figured that G0-T0 would leave, and Mandalore sure as hell would leave. The Exile becomes alone again, but reunited with the force. He becomes himself. Like Revan is at that time...

And thats what I think it was all about for her, to train him. To make him stand on his own, for him to end all ties he has to live, from the Jedi to the Sith to his friends and then when he has nothing to slow him down. No unfinished business, then and only then he can confront Revan... Then he can perhaps kill Revan, or he will lose. But it would be a battle between titans. It would be a battle so important and powerful, between the heart and the dead of the force. And perhaps just perhaps the force it self could be killed. At least thats how Kreia saw it.

That her vision could have been wrong is not important for this theory, because she did not know that. She knew what she knew nothing more nothing less.

Anyways I hope you agree with this and if not, then why do you think Kreia took the Exile to Malachor?

Otaku_Sith
I'm having the same problem,i will probably never solve it.If you ever do contact me.

Fishy
IMO i just solved it

Otaku_Sith
You don't get it do you?

Fishy
Apparantly not

Otaku_Sith
Well never mind... but why do you think this.

Fishy
Because its the only explanation i can think of, read my post it says it all.. At least i hope

*goes off and reads post*

Darth_Janus
I see you even fleshed it out a bit more since we last talked. You're right. There is a battlefield being waged, as she said. And it will not be in the stars or on any planet's surface. It is in the Force and in the heart. Revan and the Exile will most likely become mortal enemies, a stark contrast from Sith versus Jedi. It's a very interesting twist on things.

And note that both Revan and the Exile supposively left everyone behind in their respective endings.... No doubt a hint of what is to come.

nolan lepaz
I never thought about why they went to malachor I only saw it as completing the circle but your explaination makes more sense, or maybe your thinking harder than the developers they probably saw it as closing the circle but It make for a more interesting story with the way you put it

Darth_Janus
Well, I would like to assume there is a reason like the one Fishy posted for all the nonsense at Malachor other than a reason to stick the planet in a game.

Fishy
So do I, besides I do think Obsidian had a lot of great things planned, they just didn't have the time to finish it.

Darth_Janus
That they didn't. The game was pushed up for Christmas, when it probably wouldn't have been released until the following spring.

Fishy
Btw: Why do you think I asked you to write it? stick out tongue

mephistodesigns
My only problem with your theory (and it is a good theory) is that the Exile is no longer the death of the Force. Kreia saw a way to USE him to be the death of the force, but now he's a full jedi/sith at the end depending on how you play. He's become more LIKE Revan that different. And now you either rule or fight for the Republic...and even though Revan left, they don't tell you why, so it doesn't mean he's gonna be your enemy. A lot of people are under the impression you'll actually be teaming up with him in III. i guess we'll just have to wait and see if you're right.

But what was the original ending? What got cut out? I know its unfinished, there were a lot of threads that are impossible to tie up no matter how many times I play. But I never saw a comlete list/description/whatever illustrating what the true ending was to be...can anyone do that for me?

Fishy
I know there are problems with the theory, but its the best I can think off, and i'd personally very much like to know what was going on, yes i know the Exile should have become one again. But that doesn't mean he can't cause the death of the force... As long as Revan is the heart... Besides Kreia could not have been completly sure about what would happen when Nihilus would die. Maybe it just worked out wrong, or maybe I am indeed wrong. But I'd very much like to hear why and another theory about it (I don't think you should give me one, although i sure as hell wouldn't mind... But its kinda hard to figure it all out)

About telling you the ending, no i can't... Nobody can, there are rumours bits and pieces in ini files sound files graphic files seeming to lead to one thing or to another thing, but nothing definite. Nothing final. The best thing to do is going to cave at Korriban and play through it. Thats basically what should have happened, only Revan should beat you at the end.

Darth_Glentract
Well maybe since Revan was the heart, and the exile was the death, toghether they would bring balance to the force.

mephistodesigns
Damn, that sucks...I can't believe they'd do that...I mean I can, but I'm not happy about it! I'm not saying your theory is wrong Fishy, like I said, I think its really good. It is definitely a great bit of mythilogical fighting there...the alleged heart vs. the alleged death. That would be cool. But having played both characters, i'd rather continue to be the Exile and team up with Revan and continue training Jedi. I'm sure something very sinister is lurking out in the unknown regions where Revan went missing. I just hope this "editing" of part II doesn't cheapen III, and they better not cut that one up!

Darth Revan33
I love the theory, but I remember Kreia saying she wanted the Exile to be like Revan at the end of the game but he's not. You are probably right about what Kreia wanted, she probably was just using the Exile to try and kill the Force in one way or another.

Still, if Revan is the heart and Exile is the death then wouldn't Revan have to win the fight? I mean, he would no matter what just because he's stronger but you'd think this would be a climactic battle where either the Force survives if Revan wins or the Force is destroyed if the Exile wins.

I sure hope they put something like that in KOTOR 3.

Fishy
If this theory is true, then yes a fight between them would have been won by Revan... Couldn't have been any other way because the force is still around later on.

Darth_Janus
More or less. And in any case, whatever goes on is likely beyond the Outer Rim, since there is next to no history on the subject (Which makes sense since the series is being made after other EU sources.)

Darth Revan33
Yes, that would make sense. Ironic, the true battle to save or destroy the Force and no one ever knows.

Darth_Janus
Some of the best struggles go on unnoticed.

Darth Revan33
What a shame.

Fishy
We haven't played Kotor III yet, so you don't know

Darth Revan33
True, but it would have been recorded in history almost undoubtedly. The ultimate battle to destroy the Force or preserve it and it wouldn't end up in the Jedi and/or Sith archives? Most likely it occurs in the Unknown Regions and no one is the wiser.

Fishy
I agree with that, well that and the fact that nobody knows what will happen yet not even the Devs stick out tongue

Darth Revan33
Ya. It would suck if they made some stupid storyline after some stupid character who lost his connection to the Force and don't do anything with Revan or the Exile. Us talking about this battle has made me look forward to the game even more.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth Revan33
Ya. It would suck if they made some stupid storyline after some stupid character who lost his connection to the Force and don't do anything with Revan or the Exile. Us talking about this battle has made me look forward to the game even more.

I can't wait big grin

I hope its good, and I especially hope that the Devs have the time they need

exanda kane
Talking about the destruction of the force, they could have the Rakatan play a part, trying to reconnect to the force and all. Are they in KOTOR 2? I've got it, but I need someone to put a save file on the web so it'll jumpstart my graphics card. hint*hint*

Darth Revan33
Originally posted by Fishy
I can't wait big grin

I hope its good, and I especially hope that the Devs have the time they need

Ditto, if they finished the game early like KOTOR 2 it won't be as good as it really should be. I would have loved the original ending for KOTOR 2 more than the actual one now.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth Revan33
Ditto, if they finished the game early like KOTOR 2 it won't be as good as it really should be. I would have loved the original ending for KOTOR 2 more than the actual one now.

Thats not very hard seeing as Kotor II doesn't have a real ending it just ends...

Darth Revan33
lol, well yeah. But I would have loved to watch Darth Revan manhandle the Exile and any others who got in his way.

Darth_Janus
He manhandled me all but one time in all the play-throughs of the cave on Korriban. Of course, I prefer to play the game on Difficult after my first run on Normal, so you can imagine the Revan pwnage, regardless of your character level. Ouch!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.