Towel Day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bardock42
Last year I decided to give a tribute to Douglas Noel Adams...who sadly and suddenly died on May 11th 2001. I went on the day of his death, together with a friend I could convince, dressed all in black and with a towel to school ( I carried a copy of the Hitchhikers Guide with me but thats not necessary I think)
....well now almost a year later I found out that people did something similiar already few days after his death. Here is a link to the official Towel Day website. Now since tommorow is that special day I think maybe some of you that loved his books as much as I did...and even maybe some people not yet familiar with DNA would like to do what I did last year.
Well I will probably celebrate both....but if you would just want to do it once I recommend the official towel day
.....so well just wanted to tell you....cause I love Douglas...you are missed very much here cry (no I didn't know him really this is more the love of a reader to his favorite writer (the greatest writer of the world ever I might add)).

I think I will post some quotes later...so think aboot it.

And always know where your towel is. big grin

*Danii*
Cool smile

Its great hes being remembered. He was really talented and died too young sad

Bardock42
He did indeed sad

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Lana
I'll always know where my towel is.

As well as what 6*9 really is.

And how you fly by jumping at the ground and missing.

cry

shaber
I'm going to force you to listen to some Vogon poetry - where are those "imagery enhancers" eek!

Bardock42
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Bardock42

Bardock42
He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.

Bardock42
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

.....hahaha...whatever your political ideology is...this is just funny but true (Bush, Castro, Saddam, Cromwell, Robbes Pierre)

Bardock42
Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Bardock42
Even he, to whom most things that most people would think were pretty smart were pretty dumb, thought it was pretty smart.

Bardock42
Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of.

Bardock42
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Bardock42
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.