DC vs. Marvel...Worst Fanboys

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nigel45
Who's got 'em?

whirlysplat
I like characters from both my favourite 3 books at the moment are all marvel, but on balance Marvel fanboys arguments are less well thought. I think the mainstream Marvel books are aimed at younger readers.

nigel45
Yeah. And just for the record, I like both companies as well, so this isn't a battle between them, but rather the worst faction of their readership(s).

whirlysplat
Then I go for Marvel

jinzin
i say marvel as well.....at least the most of the DC fanboys are slightly sensical with their OVERPOWERED characters....but the way marvel fans talk about their faves...you'd swear they were talking about ....well........DC.

MERCILOUS
I concur.

pr1983
i agree... marvel...

whirlysplat
Originally posted by jinzin
i say marvel as well.....at least the most of the DC fanboys are slightly sensical with their OVERPOWERED characters....but the way marvel fans talk about their faves...you'd swear they were talking about ....well........DC.

big grin

Wickerman
Definitely Marvel. Although Batman fanboys can get just as annoying as Spiderman ones.

~wickerman~

Draco69
Marvel. By far.

tesla
u r all gay

nigel45
Only in your dreams pal.

Zahit
the wolverine and x-men fanboys are the worst of all by far.....
....it's like talking to retards.......

Zahit
Originally posted by tesla
u r all gay
for a guy going by the name, Tesla, you seem quite stupid (and gay)......
leave Tesla's good name alone.

Draco69
Spider-Man fanboys are EXTREMELY annoying.

They think he can beat damn near ANYBODY.

Sentry
u r all gay

Speak for yourself jack a$$.

eleveninches
DC = overpowered
Marvel = overrated

and BTW.....HAL WINS!!!

DarkCrawler
u r all gay
No...I think most of us are heteros.

But it has been clearly estabilshed that you are an retarted idiot who is probably ten years old.

Draco69
Everyone of his posts involve "u r all gay"

DarkCrawler
Oh. eight years old, then.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Draco69
Spider-Man fanboys are EXTREMELY annoying.

They think he can beat damn near ANYBODY.

The sad thing is some of the crappiest DC villains could take him out. (poison ivy hint hint "Hey there pretty, i dunno if that's my spidersense you're making tingle, but keep doin it *gasp*" )

~wickerman~

WindDancer
Marvel has gotten overrated with all the movies.

DC comics are better and the characters always more interesting. What DC needs to do is work more on characters like Flash, Aquaman, and Shazam! I'm willing to bet that WB and DC are thinking of making movies for those characters.

Anyways I've switch to DC and I'm loving it!

Booooo Marvel Comics! thumb down

Mainstream
dude marvel is the shizzle

WindDancer
Was the shizzle...

Come on an Elektra movie?

Mainstream
what about Catwoman the movie..what genius thought that up?

I think Shizzle means "sure"

WindDancer
Catwoman is the WORST movie ever. I blame Halle Berry for that project.

pr1983
elektra was cack, almost worse than daredevil...

xmen was nothing special, hulk was good but just wasnt hulk (and the cgi coulda been better), blade and spidey seem to be the best so far...

dc... yeah catwoman sucked, though it wasnt selina kyle either...

marvel is the worst, wolverine is the single most overrated character in comicdom...

Mainstream
yeah but marvel is better than DC and this is a totally unbias statement.

pr1983
Originally posted by Mainstream

better? i'd have to argue with that...

better in what way?

Mainstream
damn...um because...it's got spiderman and DC comics doesn't.....okay here one better Marvel more about making thier characters more human Spiderman a guy hated by the public has a dead end job, etc.
Xmen mutants blessed and cursed with powers feared by normal humans for being different. Hulk a man a war with himself. Fantastic four..the first family of superheroes, etc.

with DC is always about the hero never about the man or woman behind the mask. Their not as much for readers to relate to. I mean take the Justice league they when like 95% of the time..how can you relate to people who always win..we the real world is on terror alert 9 times out of 10?

pr1983
damn...um because...it's got spiderman and DC comics doesn't.....okay here one better Marvel more about making thier characters more human Spiderman a guy hated by the public has a dead end job, etc.
Xmen mutants blessed and cursed with powers feared by normal humans for being different. Hulk a man a war with himself. Fantastic four..the first family of superheroes, etc.

with DC is always about the hero never about the man or woman behind the mask. Their not as much for readers to relate to. I mean take the Justice league they when like 95% of the time..how can you relate to people who always win..we the real world is on terror alert 9 times out of 10?

firstly... did you read identity crisis?

and there is plenty about the real lives of the superheroes... flash and his wife finding out they can't have children, kyle losing his girlfriend, supermans continuously lingering self doubt, robin dying, batgirl being shot, hal jordan dying, dr light sexually assaulting elongated mans wife, batman and catwoman constantly falling in and out of love with each other...

marvel has a deeper library yes, but DC can roll with the best marvel has to offer...

i suppose it comes down more to personal preference...

Mainstream
Originally posted by pr1983
firstly... did you read identity crisis?

and there is plenty about the real lives of the superheroes... flash and his wife finding out they can't have children, kyle losing his girlfriend, supermans continuously lingering self doubt, robin dying, batgirl being shot, hal jordan dying, dr light sexually assaulting elongated mans wife, batman and catwoman constantly falling in and out of love with each other...

marvel has a deeper library yes, but DC can roll with the best marvel has to offer...

i suppose it comes down more to personal preference...

I suppose..I like them both..but if I had to pick just one I'd go with marvel. big grin

pr1983
I suppose..I like them both..but if I had to pick just one I'd go with marvel. big grin

ok... i wouldnt know who to pick...

Mainstream
I think I read way more marvel so logically if I had to pick I'd go with marvel.

pr1983
I think I read way more marvel so logically if I had to pick I'd go with marvel.

i know what you mean... growing up i only really read batman and superman from dc... though i was a huge fan of the flash when the tv show aired (and still am, same goes for wonder woman), from marvel i read surfer, x-men and various avengers comics, so i knew more about marvel than i did dc...

until i came to kmc i knew f*ck all about green lantern and the rest of the jla...

Mainstream
I read a ton of Xmen and Spidey coming up.

pr1983
I read a ton of Xmen and Spidey coming up.

i only read a few spidey issues growing up, but i have been reading marvel knights spidey alot, and its really good imo...

Mainstream
I need marvel...like a flower needs sunshine without marvel my life would surely end.

whirlysplat
Do you read any indies mainstream, I live for the smaller companies.Originally posted by Mainstream
I need marvel...like a flower needs sunshine without marvel my life would surely end.

Mainstream
transformers, invicible, the devil may cry mini.

nigel45

Completely impossible to be unbiased when you obviously have a preference. I'm not ragging on you or anything, cause we'reall guilty of it.

There are always arguments about which company is "better", but it seems like alot of people don't take the time to realize that everyone has a preference, and people like different things. Some people say DC is overpowered, but do they stop to think"hmm, maybe that's not neccessarily a bad thing"? Of course not. The other big argument is that Marvel focuses on the characters human side. While Pr showed us that's not even completely true, even if it were, who cares? Some people like that and some people don't. Now I'm ranting... Point is, it's not a debate that will ever get settled.

As for worst fanboys, well, that might get settled.

Mainstream
bottomline..when comic book companies push to make great stories..the fans win. I like both but I lean toward Marvel...I always have..though the current run of Teen Titans kicks ass.

pr1983
worst fanboys imo...

wolverine... why? his company actually fuel it by making him do things well beyond his capabilities...

nigel45
I'd be willing to agree with Wolverine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.