X-box 360!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAnakin226
X-box 360 also know as X-box 2 is coming out, I think in Fall 2005, not 100 % sure yet. It has many new features too it thats for sure. I think they will be displaying it at E3, so if your not going to E3 in person watch it LIVE on G4tech TV!

WindDancer
I will be at E3 this year. yes

dark1365
Rumors that there's going to be 512 MB video memory graphic card. Half-Life 2's minimum is 128 MB I think.

The graphical prospects.....holy son of a b----. If it's true...it's going to be insanely good eye-candy. Goodbye framerate lag.

For the processors there's going to be three chips running systematically. Good speed, hopefully reduced game lag.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Doesnt look to good but I love the fact that it has wireless controllers.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
My friend has a 3rd party wireless controller for his Xbox and although they are a great idea they just feel wrong to hold. I don't know why. confused

forumcrew
Originally posted by DarkAnakin226
X-box 360 also know as X-box 2 is coming out, I think in Fall 2005, not 100 % sure yet. It has many new features too it thats for sure. I think they will be displaying it at E3, so if your not going to E3 in person watch it LIVE on G4tech TV!

its not supposed to come out until 2006 and ATI already made a 512 graphics card for the guy who said something about that although nvida allows 2 256's to be used together prior to that anyway

TheAnimal
xboxx 360 hits shelves in november of this year. there's 2 to 3 versions.

with a harddrive

without a hard drive

and (rumor) entertainment center. my source is igngames.com

WindDancer
News update:

http://www.webpronews.com/news/ebusinessnews/wpn-45-20050511MicrosoftAnnouncingXbox360AheadOfE3.html

dark1365
XBOX 360 SPECS
==========------
Central Processor-Three IBM PowerPC processors
Graphics Processor--ATI(model unknown)
Memory---256 MB of RAM. Hard drive unknown.
Controller---Wireless. Supports four or more players.
Onlineness----A huge emphasis on Live and support for game microtransactions.
Big Debate--Hard drive. Will it come with one or will it be sold separately?
Cool Rumors------512 of video memory which is absolutely INSANE.
And on Live, players will be able to create things for sale; for example, you can create a powerful car in Forza Motorsport and let people upload it for a buck.

Wolf Dog
Originally posted by WindDancer
I will be at E3 this year. yes

Hook me up with some tickets dog!!!!!

If not , how are you going?

DanZeke25
News update:

http://www.webpronews.com/news/ebusinessnews/wpn-45-20050511MicrosoftAnnouncingXbox360AheadOfE3.html

I knew about that for aout 3 weeks. But I never found out what time its on?

Lord_Andres
Um Nvidia has already releast a 512 card, infact they releast their a bit before ATI, anyway, ya by 06 the new generation of pc graphic cards will most likely also have 512mb ram, though many consider a graphic card with that much ram to be useless, lets say you have a pc with a GF 6800 Ultra and it has 256mb and then tries the 512 version, you'l not get a frame higher in HL2 or Doom3, thing is when those 512mb rams will be needed the first cards that got 512mb with will most likely be to slow to be able to run the game/program what ever, so it really dosent matter until some about 2 years, that would be my guess

cal31
It's being unveiled on MTV tom., can't wait.

DanZeke25
Nevermind

ScarFace Clone
dude the ps3 will own you guys should not of even made this thread because ps3 owns all so why dont you go wack off to naked pictures of mc!.............Astalnik!

WindDancer
Oh gawd! The consoles aren't even out on stores yet and fanboys are already attacking. no expression

DCLXVI
Tommorow at 12:30 PM, on CTV ,(a Canadian channel), is supposedly giving the scoop on the "Next Generation XBOX". wink

ScarFace Clone
dont lie!

DCLXVI
confused
I never lie....

SaTsuJiN
I suppose we can pretend the ps3 is going to actually do anything useful.. for the fanboys sake smile

the new systems may be good.. I'd like to see screenshots first hehe

ScarFace Clone
well then why are you talking about xbox 360 if you want to see screenshots when they dont have any!

Wolf Dog
Wow nig if i wanted to watch videos and play mp3's id go on my PC!!!
Focus on the games RETARDS!!!

ZomBiE_HunTER
I saw the Mtv specaial and it wasnt anything great I was hoping for something better.

Smasandian
Looks pretty impressive, but what about being fun?

Think about how much its going to cost to publish and develop games for a this killer spec system? And how much it will cost consumers to actually pay for them?

It this what gaming is about now, how much polygons and framerates a console can push?
Whats this thing going to cost? Its definitly not going to be cheap. 300 or more I figure.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by ScarFace Clone
well then why are you talking about xbox 360 if you want to see screenshots when they dont have any! show me 'where' in my post I talked about xbox 360.. I'd love to know.. as I was merely talking about the next gen systems as a whole, which led for my desire to see screenshots amidst the speculations

ZomBiE_HunTER
Originally posted by Smasandian
Looks pretty impressive, but what about being fun?

Think about how much its going to cost to publish and develop games for a this killer spec system? And how much it will cost consumers to actually pay for them?

It this what gaming is about now, how much polygons and framerates a console can push?
Whats this thing going to cost? Its definitly not going to be cheap. 300 or more I figure.
The ps2 and xbox were around 300 hundred so Im hoping that 360 is going to be the same.

JKozzy
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
show me 'where' in my post I talked about xbox 360.. I'd love to know.. as I was merely talking about the next gen systems as a whole, which led for my desire to see screenshots amidst the speculations laughing Wow..

And there ARE screenshots now. Anyone watch MTV last night at 9:30? Half hour special on the 360.

ZomBiE_HunTER
I did and I was hoping somthing better but the specs for the system itself are real nice.

JToTheP
Microsoft can do whatever it wants, their still the first company putting out the next-gen console ALREADY. Nintendo & Sony will have at least a year-2 years afterwards to get the best technology possible in their systems, and everyone is already saying Ps3 will be a far superior console.

WindDancer
Saw it, like it, and buying it! yes

JToTheP
I already intended to buy Ps3, but I'm waiting to see what Microsoft & Nintendo sign to their consoles before I decide between the 2.

sith_darth_jay
Saw it, like it, and buying it! yes

XBOX fanboy!!! stick out tongue

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Just Kidding big grin

DCLXVI
Originally posted by DCLXVI
Tommorow at 12:30 PM, on CTV ,(a Canadian channel), is supposedly giving the scoop on the "Next Generation XBOX". wink

Damn me and my dyslexia....I thought they meant PM, but they showed it at midnight.... sad

DarkCrawler
PS3 don't seem to be very bad, either.

sith_darth_jay
pretty impresive, the price will be an issue though

but all I care it's GAMES, if it has good games, then it'll be great

we want games not specs

Smasandian
I still say its going to cost alot of money.
The tech behind the new XBOX is current as top of the line PC's. I'm thinking its going to be 400 or more.
With this price and no Halo or killer software (too early to tell), will it fly?
If the choice is between XBOX and the PS3 or Nintendo, these factors could crush the new XBOX.

daniel_scott_jr
does any body here play halo 2?

WindDancer
Originally posted by sith_darth_jay
XBOX fanboy!!! stick out tongue

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Just Kidding big grin

HA! You'll see we'll prevail. stick out tongue

JToTheP
I still say its going to cost alot of money.
The tech behind the new XBOX is current as top of the line PC's. I'm thinking its going to be 400 or more.
With this price and no Halo or killer software (too early to tell), will it fly?
If the choice is between XBOX and the PS3 or Nintendo, these factors could crush the new XBOX.

It's been confirmed the new games will cost between $60-$70, so it's a give in for the 360, & Ps3 to cost $400+, and the Revolution to cost at least $300.

Smasandian
$70 is a boatload of money for a game. I rather have a less powerful system if its going to cost me 500 bucks or more to play one game. Thats horrible.

WindDancer
I wonder if EB Games and Gamestop are already taking reservations for the new consoles. confused

I'll check it out.

SaTsuJiN
$70 is a boatload of money for a game. I rather have a less powerful system if its going to cost me 500 bucks or more to play one game. Thats horrible. it seems like they're taking the Neo Geo route.. cheap system, expensive games (even though the system probably isnt cheap.. but still)

_G-Unit_
the 360's graphics were ttly SH!T...

i aint impressed, spend my money else were. no expression

WindDancer
I called my local EB and Gamestop and they have different prices for reservations (I'll tell you why is better to reserved shortly). EB games deposit is $20 and Gamestop is $50 for the console only. Now if you're planning to buy it might as well start reserved it. Not because is gonna sell out. But because is better to pay it off and when November comes you just go to the store and pick up the console. Or just wait for it is release and then buy it at Sears or elsewhere. Whichever way you chose is up to you guys. Personally I think is better to just make payments and reserve it.

jaden101
obviously trying to pander to the ipod style lovers

pretty cool though... we'll just have to see what the competition will bring to the table

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/2522964530774831.jpg?0.23061449665252964

eleveninches

jaden101
you traded a mega drive for an x box...are you mad?...what about streets of rage?...they dont make em like that anymore on your fancy schmancy x box

roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://www.in-my-opinion.org//files/xbox_182.gif

eleveninches

Draco69
Old school gamers are always so critical about new technology.

"Back in my day we didn't have no fancy schmancy real-time graphics or wireless controller! No, we had to make do with our three inch extention cord and 4 bits per minute colored pixels! I had to trudge 25 stages for 4 days with nothing but a potion and bronze sword. It was hard work but dagnabit I did it! Now with this "Ipeod" looking feller you kids don't know what honest to god videogaming is! Internet access? Blu-ray discs? What is this nonsense? Back in my day we had cartridges and we didn't need no internet access! 300 dollars for the system?!? Dagnambit! You done gone almost gave me a heart attack. Back in my day I only had to pay 199.99 dollars for my system! And it worked just fine too. No fancy gimmicks. No fancy headsets. Blasted kids! No respect for the past!"

Had to happen eventually. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jedi Shmedi
I read in PSM that developers for the "Revolution" and the X-Box 360 saw what the PS3 was capable of, and switched to make games for that instead, that's some bragging rights there on Sony's part.

cal31
What is this with the Sony fan boys now braging about the PS3 having more processing power than the 360? You were the same ones saying that it didn't matter that the Xbox was much more powerful than the PS2, it was the games that made the PS2. Quit flip floping your views already. It is already known that computing power does not mean a console will do better in the market, otherwise the Xbox would've outsold the PS2 outright. So please STFU about the processing power already, besides Xbox 360 has many more exclusived deals with good Development companies than PS3.

Smasandian
$300 for a system is one thing, Draco, but come on, if the system is going to cost $500 or more (speculation, obviously), thats alot of money for gaming. Atleast with a computer, its used for alot more things.
I like the idea of wireless controllers and all that jazz, but I dont know if im willing to spend all this money on any system because of the hardware. So you get more releastic graphics, but will that make a game better?

Nintendo released some info on the thier new system. Official statement, " That said, the statement concluded with a tantalizing tease for Nintendo fans. "There's much more to Revolution that will be revealed over the coming months," it read, "but the combination of its compact size, wireless Internet, backward compatibility, quick start-up time, and quiet, low-power operation add up to the start of a great game system."

Sound interesting also. Completly different route than XBOX, but I dont know if it will fly with hardcore and casual gamers. People like power.

Cal31, thanks for that post. It was amazing, hahaha.

dark1365
The entire thing if you missed it:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=5734&type=wmv

eleveninches
When im trying to run SW:ep3, the screen often says that the disk may be dirty or damaged. What's wrong?

JToTheP
$70 is a boatload of money for a game. I rather have a less powerful system if its going to cost me 500 bucks or more to play one game. Thats horrible.

Super Mario RPG was $80, and Zelda:OoT was $80, well worth it.

JToTheP
Originally posted by cal31
What is this with the Sony fan boys now braging about the PS3 having more processing power than the 360? You were the same ones saying that it didn't matter that the Xbox was much more powerful than the PS2, it was the games that made the PS2. Quit flip floping your views already. It is already known that computing power does not mean a console will do better in the market, otherwise the Xbox would've outsold the PS2 outright. So please STFU about the processing power already, besides Xbox 360 has many more exclusived deals with good Development companies than PS3.

Have you lost your mind? EVERYONE is now admitting the Ps3 will be the most technical one the 3 new consoles, let alone because Sony has until 2006-2007 to get the best technology possible. You should be well aware that the Ps3 is probably going to be more powerful then GameCube Revolution & XBox 360.

cal31
Learn to read buddy. I never once said that the PS3 wasn't going to be more powerful then the 360, just another example of how ignorant stupid PS2 fanboys are.

Draco69
$300 for a system is one thing, Draco, but come on, if the system is going to cost $500 or more (speculation, obviously), thats alot of money for gaming. Atleast with a computer, its used for alot more things.
I like the idea of wireless controllers and all that jazz, but I dont know if im willing to spend all this money on any system because of the hardware. So you get more releastic graphics, but will that make a game better?

Nintendo released some info on the thier new system. Official statement, " That said, the statement concluded with a tantalizing tease for Nintendo fans. "There's much more to Revolution that will be revealed over the coming months," it read, "but the combination of its compact size, wireless Internet, backward compatibility, quick start-up time, and quiet, low-power operation add up to the start of a great game system."

Sound interesting also. Completly different route than XBOX, but I dont know if it will fly with hardcore and casual gamers. People like power.

Cal31, thanks for that post. It was amazing, hahaha.

So you don't like X-Box because its gonna be expensive? Tough nuts for you. I can afford it now.

And Revolution sounds exactly the same as X-Box 360 except for the backwards compatibility. I heard they're gonna have touchpads for controllers. Oh god.... sick

SaTsuJiN
touchpads can go farther than conventional controllers with the correct development.. like one good thing about it would be you can change the button layout to anywhere you want on the screen

Draco69
That would be neat....however the problem with touchpads is that A) it can be scratched and could damage the circuitry and B) it has to be PERFECT and I mean PERFECT or else the entire system suffers. Touchpads are extremely tricky to make.

I still prefer buttons.

AdventChild
Originally posted by JToTheP
Microsoft can do whatever it wants, their still the first company putting out the next-gen console ALREADY. Nintendo & Sony will have at least a year-2 years afterwards to get the best technology possible in their systems, and everyone is already saying Ps3 will be a far superior console.

You figure though that by the time 2 years pass.. microsoft will be working on something FAR superior to Ps3 and nitendo Revolution...

ZomBiE_HunTER
Draco you should wait for more info on the Revolution before dissing it.

Draco69
I'm not dissing it. I just critique the rumored "touchpad" controller. Hopefully its not true. I prefer buttons. That I can press.

ZomBiE_HunTER
I cant wait until e3 to find out. eek! eek!

Draco69
I don't think either PS3 or Revolution will have much info though...

Smasandian
I never said I dont like the XBOX, but I dont know if I'm willing to spend all this money on any system for better graphics. For me, $500 US is a shitload of money.

A touchpad would destory Nintendo. I like having a controller with buttons also.

JToTheP
Originally posted by AdventChild
You figure though that by the time 2 years pass.. microsoft will be working on something FAR superior to Ps3 and nitendo Revolution...

What are you TALKING about? In 2 years the companies will be making GAMES for the consoles still.

cal31
What are you TALKING about? In 2 years the companies will be making GAMES for the consoles still. You obviously have no idea what you are rambling about. The companies start developing the new consoles almost immediately after the new ones come out.

Zen2nd
Microsoft is huge. I bet they have several developer teams. Each doing different jobs, like on making the new console and ones making the games, and probally an Xbox Live team.

SaTsuJiN
http://the-magicbox.com/0505/game050513e.shtml

http://the-magicbox.com/0505/game050513a.shtml

lookin nice so far.. now to see how good it does people.. cars are geometric childs play

JToTheP
You obviously have no idea what you are rambling about. The companies start developing the new consoles almost immediately after the new ones come out.

What I'M rambling about? Why the **** would they start working on their next console when they already have a current one on the shelves. That's the stupidest assumption I've heard in a short while. I could understand planning on the technology to use, or the look of it, or what sequals/games to put on it, but why the **** would they start working on it that early?

cal31
Then you obviously don't understand the industry.

JToTheP
I could tell by the GIF in your sig that you sure as hell do though. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkAnakin226
There will be a lot of info at E3 about X-box 360, but the best is there showing the new Zelda game (Zelda Rein of Sorrows) at E3, It looks AMAZING so if you have not seen the trailer (which I hope most of you has) then go to www.nintendo.com and look for the new Zelda trailer there (I think this Zelda game is going to blow away Ocarina of Time!)[C

Ken Kenobi
What does Zelda have to do with the X-Box 360?

DarkAnakin226
It has nothing to do with X box 360 I am just saying Zelda will be at E3!

Ken Kenobi
Then post it in the E3 thread, not a thread that is has nothing to do with.

DarkAnakin226
Okay I did.

Smasandian
It takes years to design and research a new console system, so when they release the next gen console, obviously the companies will start researching and designing the next console. 4-5 years for a new piece of hardware is generally the right amount of time.
Developers do the same for sequels. Valve released the original Half-Life, and a week later started working on Half Life 2.

What do you think Nintendo, MS and Sony do when the release a console? Sit around with thumbs up their ass?

JToTheP
It takes years to design and research a new console system, so when they release the next gen console, obviously the companies will start researching and designing the next console. 4-5 years for a new piece of hardware is generally the right amount of time.
Developers do the same for sequels. Valve released the original Half-Life, and a week later started working on Half Life 2.

What do you think Nintendo, MS and Sony do when the release a console? Sit around with thumbs up their ass?

But you can't tell me that the DAY.AFTER.LAUNCH. they go in the meeting room & debate on the NEXT console. Come ON, they make games for it, then as the years pass look at technology to use, research ways to make the next console better, & early diagrams of the next console. Why the HELL would they even release consoles if the next week they wanted to talk about the next one?

Draco69
It's called business economics my dear. Technology is fast-paced industry. It's ALWAYS about the next best thing.

SaTsuJiN
it can be.. but that can also be considered a state of mind that can easily be changed.. if a million people would rather cling to their old systems.. thats a lot of money lost for a company.. but since people are sortof forced to believe the next thing is gonna be the best... well.. lets just say certain people who dont always deserve the money gets it..

WindDancer
Related article on 360 and Halo 3:

http://www.freep.com/money/tech/gbits15e_20050515.htm

AdventChild
You obviously have no idea what you are rambling about. The companies start developing the new consoles almost immediately after the new ones come out.

Thank Goodness some one knows what i'm talking about! It's not like companies wait till something else comes out to start working on something new..

Smasandian
True, true.

I'll say again. I takes years to develop new technology. I wouldnt be surpraised if it PS4 is not in the early works.

AdventChild
True, true.

I'll say again. I takes years to develop new technology. I wouldnt be surpraised if it PS4 is not in the early works.

exactly!!!!!!!!!!! eek!

Zen2nd
They probally would but not all of Microsoft obviously. There would be a section of Microsoft that makes the game and would never be asked to make "chips" because all they know is how to make games.

dark1365
I just saw an Unreal demo video, the graphics were incedible.

TX!
the unreal demo for the PS3 ya it was pretty cool

AdventChild
But you can't tell me that the DAY.AFTER.LAUNCH. they go in the meeting room & debate on the NEXT console. Come ON, they make games for it, then as the years pass look at technology to use, research ways to make the next console better, & early diagrams of the next console. Why the HELL would they even release consoles if the next week they wanted to talk about the next one?

that was kinda stupid to say.... just stating the truth now... no need to verbally attack me...

sai12
Hehe, I'm sure they have people already considering the next console after Xbox 360. They are thinking about it, that's for sure. It takes years to create something like this, and to make it even better than the previous one I'm sure they need all the time they can get. So, yes, they start while the current one is just getting out on the market. They want to see how it performs in real world, and they want to adapt it to be something better than the orginal. smile

alic88

laughing

SaTsuJiN
Im having good hopes for xbox360.. but the whole "omg you can change your faceplate" stuff was ignored by me.. Im looking for high quality imaginative content.. and basically Im seeing the same amount of such from all three competitors.. even though its very small amount

snehin
did ya guys hear tht new 3 games fr xbox 360 is going to be revealed at e3 and 1 of em is remade version of final fantasy x2 and another is metal gear solid 4

snehin
the graphics on these games r awsome i saw the game vedio on an indian prof gamers site where they hav the veiw of pro gamers

Thorondor
Final Fantasy XI is being release on the 360.

Layden
in my opinion the 360 isnt do anything new except maybe graphics ya know there not doing anything to change gaming like i think nitendo is going to bust out hopefully

Mistah DEVIL
dont be on the losing team (xbox 360) go with 2 winners (ps3 and revolution)

Thorondor
Or you could just get all 3 blink

Mistah DEVIL
Originally posted by Thorondor
Or you could just get all 3 blink
nothing microsoft showed at e3 would get me to spend a dime on the xbox 360
I dont even have a xbox. I'm not into fps shooters so xbox never had anything worthwhile that excited me. Sony always has the best exclusive titles and the best developers.
Nintendo has the best first party titles. Mario? Metroid? Zelda? Am I ringing any bells in your head?

Thorondor
Everything that comes out on all 3 is always better on xbox, ps2 online pfft useless piece of crap that lags like shit xbox live pisses all over it.

Mistah DEVIL
Everything that comes out on all 3 is always better on xbox, ps2 online pfft useless piece of crap that lags like shit xbox live pisses all over it.
most of the games for xbox 360 shown at e3 looked like shit. they dont look that much better than xbox. What ever interest I had in xbox 360 how ever little I lost all of it after hearing and seeing what the ps3 can and will ba able to do.
I've made up my mind. Ps3 will rule.

Thorondor
You're one of those sony obssesants who can't seem to grasp variety so i won't waste my time.

Mistah DEVIL
You're one of those sony obssesants who can't seem to grasp variety so i won't waste my time.
dude I based my decision on the games I like to play. mgs, re, ff, tekken, sc, etc
you'll notice that none of those are fps.
xbox seems to me to be targeted at pc gamers and I'm not one of them.
as far as "grasping variety" I like nintendo too.
until microsoft comes out with games i WANT TO PLAY I'll go with the other consoles.

cal31
Originally posted by Mistah DEVIL
most of the games for xbox 360 shown at e3 looked like shit. they dont look that much better than xbox. What ever interest I had in xbox 360 how ever little I lost all of it after hearing and seeing what the ps3 can and will ba able to do.
I've made up my mind. Ps3 will rule. Don't base your opinion on what is shown at E3. They have already said the games are running on Alpha kits, at 35 percent of full capability of the full power, so the actual versions of the game will look much better. And compared to PS3, yes most of the 360 games do look worse, but that's because almost all of the PS3 trailers shown were pre rendered, while 360 were almost all actual gameplay.

Dalwoan
I dont know about you guys but I just don't care for the PS all that much

I am a nitindo man or a X-Box guy

jnr hiphop
This time I think that xbox 360 is gonna be better than ps3.. does anyone have pics of the xbox 360? if so.. pls post

belly_jeans349
i just finished readin my game informer magazine...I AM GETTING ONE DUDE YOU HAVE TO THEY HAVE SO MUCH GOOD STUFF ON IT....you can chat, voice chat, download games, music, videos, and all this good stuff, there is even a button that makes you go to the online features automatically....omg im sacrificing my ps2 n gamecube for this one *sigh*

jnr hiphop
Ooo.. Heaps mad.. You can chat n all.. Nice..

ZomBiE_HunTER
Don't base your opinion on what is shown at E3. They have already said the games are running on Alpha kits, at 35 percent of full capability of the full power, so the actual versions of the game will look much better. And compared to PS3, yes most of the 360 games do look worse, but that's because almost all of the PS3 trailers shown were pre rendered, while 360 were almost all actual gameplay.
They're not pre render they're real time footage.

Smasandian
No, they were prerendered.

ZomBiE_HunTER
I can go back and forth with you all day but Im not because I know what it is and thats all that matter.

Tthe Almighty
The XBOX 360 looks terrible and who came up with the changing of the front of the console thing its a bit pathetic

eleveninches
will the 360 be backwards compatable??
I only just got my x-box recently

belly_jeans349
guys i read on the xbox official site, the thing is going to be from $250 to $300

Smasandian
There's some talk that its not backward compatible completly. The tech between XBOX and XBOX 360 is completly different so they would have to program the games to be backward compatible.
Its all rumors except the part on where its backward compatible top selling games (from press conference).

cal31
It is going to be backward compatible for top selling games, so like Halo series, Splinter cell series, Ghost Recon, Etc. But take a look at this:http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html Looks like the 360, against what the PS3 people lead you to believe, actually will perform better than the PS3. So much for the PS3 being so powerful compared to the 360.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Look at the specs http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-15016-1985-x-x-x

Machete_Guy
......and i just got a xbox

Tthe Almighty
why did you get an xbox playstations are better

cal31
Originally posted by Tthe Almighty
why did you get an xbox playstations are better roll eyes (sarcastic) Wow, what an idiot.

dark1365
Yes, this is so far the third idiotic post I've seen from him.

Tthe Almighty
F off dark 1365

Smasandian
Make it a fourth.

dark1365
laughing

Sith Master X
No, they were prerendered.

I watched the entire 1 and half hour E3 presentation by Sony at Gamespot, and there's doubt that I heard "real time." I don't remember hearing pre rendered, maybe some of it was, but I distinctly remember hearing over and over again "real time."

AdventChild
Ps3 looks more promising but so does xbox360 and this is only the second console that mirosoft has come out with... i'm pretty sure the 3rd console of microsoft is going to be better than the 3rd console of PS...Oh the possiblities... I'm sooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarkAnakin226
PS3 Looks good, but I think xbox 360 will blow it away, and where is Nintendo's new system, theres been no talk about that, is Nintendo even making another one, or are they too busy make new hand held things that get boring after a week!

Smasandian
There has been talk, but not as much as the other two.

jnr hiphop
Originally posted by DarkAnakin226
PS3 Looks good, but I think xbox 360 will blow it away, and where is Nintendo's new system, theres been no talk about that, is Nintendo even making another one, or are they too busy make new hand held things that get boring after a week!
Me too smile I think xbox 2 will be better than ps3.. but i like ps2 better than xbox 1..

belly_jeans349
my opinions: ps2 beat xbox1 and gamecube....psp beat nintendo handhelds....but this time i think xbox wins against them.....

RoyMC
yeah my bro is working for that company microsoft he showed me the xbox 360 its cool!

dark1365
Originally posted by belly_jeans349
my opinions: ps2 beat xbox1 and gamecube....psp beat nintendo handhelds....but this time i think xbox wins against them.....

WAR of the CONSOLES:

Categories:

1.)GAMES
=======

The PS2 has been out for the most time with a virtual library of games, but there are only a few games "only for PS2" that really stand out(GTA SA, etc.). The Xbox has been around for relatively shorter, but boasts a great contegient of games. However, GameCube has a good stock of quality games, based on their very own characters. Such as Mario's stock, Samus's.

The edge: Nintendo GameCube, but Xbox is right on its heels.

2.)OVERALL POWER
==============

The PS2's graphics and processing power are much more outdated than GameCube or Xbox's. However, Xbox is deemed as the only system that can support high-spec games such as Doom III(already released) and Half-Life 2(to be launched in Fall 2005).

The edge: Xbox.

3.)ONLINE CAPABILITY
=================

The PS2's online capability is free, but less than good matchmaking and long load times have put it pale in contrast to the mighty Xbox Live. While the only good online game for GCN is Phantasy Star Online.

The winner: Xbox.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.