Marvel's Big Three

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VenomCarnage21
DC has Superman, Batman, & Wonder Woman. Who does Marvel have as their big three?

Spider-Man
Wolverine
???

Draco69
Add Captain America.

fruits
this should be in comic book movies forum.

Quick Freeze
Spider-Man
Captain America
Hulk

NoFate007
No...Captain America isn't one of the main 3. Spider-Man, Wolverine, and ...possibly Hulk. Caps is a big one, but not the third biggest, same with Iron Man. Cyclops and Magneto are big too.

Flash might be bigger than Wonder Woman, but idk for sure.

Blair Wind
id go with cap, spidy, and wolvie.....wolvie and spidy are obvious, cap there always playing him up to be the ultimate leader so him.

wuTa
i think flash is bigger than wonder woman, but i'm sure which one is bigger between flash and GL

hoorayforpeepee
the marvel big three is team-based.

fantastic four
x-men
avengers

TheFilmProphet
Spider-Man
X-Men
Hulk

whirlysplat
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Spider-Man
X-Men
Hulk

Thats my choice as well

nimbus006
Yea i like that as well... but maybe add the F4

Draco69
People the big three has to do with recognizability. Which is why the DC Big Three is the way it is. Everyone knows Superman. Everyone knows Batman. And everyone knows Wonder Woman (People who thought that Flash was more popular than WW are kidding themselves. 1 out 30 average people would recognize who the Flash is) So in order to make a Marvel Big Three, we need to grab the three most recognizable characters. Namely...

Spider-Man
Hulk
Wolverine

Captain America DESERVES to be in the Big Three....however more people recognize the Hulk than Cap. Hulk is a pop cultural icon. Cap can't say the same. sad

Wickerman
Originally posted by Draco69
People the big three has to do with recognizability. Which is why the DC Big Three is the way it is. Everyone knows Superman. Everyone knows Batman. And everyone knows Wonder Woman (People who thought that Flash was more popular than WW are kidding themselves. 1 out 30 average people would recognize who the Flash is) So in order to make a Marvel Big Three, we need to grab the three most recognizable characters. Namely...

Spider-Man
Hulk
Wolverine

Captain America DESERVES to be in the Big Three....however more people recognize the Hulk than Cap. Hulk is a pop cultural icon. Cap can't say the same. sad

I unfortunately have to agree. Although if there was more emphasis placed on Cap and less on wolverine, many many good things would derive from it sad

~wickerman~

DrDoom
*agrees with Draco*

If you think Wolverine is big now, just wait til his solo film comes out...

Spideys Sister
Solo film? HA!

Piedmon
Actually, it is planned. They interviewed the guy currently writing the script over at Newsarama.

pr1983
and hugh jackman will star... great...

dawsey28
Well, The Avengers big 3 are Captain America, Thor and Iron-man.

Not sure about Marvel's.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Thats my choice as well

Glad to see someone agrees with me. smile

Wickerman
Originally posted by pr1983
and hugh jackman will star... great...

At least we have some continuity

~wickerman~

nigel45
I'm tempted to put Sub-Mariner on the list. I mean, he was Marvel's first superhero and he's still around today. I really can't argue that he's more recognizable then, say, the Hulk, but I don't know...he was kicking ass even before Captain America.

doctorstrongbad
Yeah Namor is a great hero, its too bad DC ripped him off (Aqua-Man) but I think the big 3 are Spider-man, The hulk, and Wolverine.

DarkCrawler
Namor is awesome.

dawsey28
Spider-man is their icon character like Supes is to DC.

I'll agree with the Spidey, Hulk, and Wolvie... but I thought that the big 3 was in refrence to Justice League. I guess not.

And Avengers Big 3 are Captain America, Thor, and Iron-man.

armandovalles
i dont know who the top 3 are, but the top 5 are definitely Cap, Wolvie, Spidey, Hulk, Iron Man, and either Thor or the Thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.