Hellboy...!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperNova
Woah, I just got back from seeing hellboy... It was pretty good! I thought spiderman was an awesome hero movie, but, its ovbious, this one was BETTER. First of all, they evened out the time, They didnt rush stuff, they didnt have as much to cram in, and you could take in everything nice and slow. Hellboy was awesome, they did a great job on his make-up and crap, but I thought he looked WAY cooler with his horns un-shaved. Must be a sign of evil for them to be full or something. But, Yea, the movie developed all the characters, the actors did great jobs, I never thought Dark horse would even out to Marvel, But, it did! Hell boy was good too, because he didnt have that gay save everyone thing. He was himself, unlike spidey who was struggling with peer pressure from evil and crap like that. He was full force, he didnt back off or do anything dumb, he just stepped in, stepped out, no matter how many lives it took, he'd do it, but he would feel sad about it, HE would hate to have others die, but he'd do it still if it meant completeing the mission. From the movie you could definatly tell he was one annoyed easily, not fond of meeting new people, liked to be one super dude, anger problem, and sense of humor all in one. They really built his character up. Thats the problem with movies, sometimes they dont build up the characters enough. Not enough info about them, well, this did it, It was GREAT. I think it was better then them all!

IT STILL isnt better than Venom, What? There hasnt been a Venom movie?
... YES THERE HAS. BAHAHAAHA.

DemonicGambit-2
I want to see this movie, I wasn't into the comic though. The art didn't interest me

Spawnie
Cool nice to know a different opinion, cuz before u someone wrote that it wasn't that good, so I appritiate your opinion that is more appropiate.

ScarletSpider
I saw it last night and was amazed. It was an awesome movie and they did a great job. I had heard some negative things about it, but I can hardly thing of anything negative about it. You don't need to know anything about Hellboy beforehand, I have never read any Hellboy comics and was still blown away.

Just go see it already.

SuperNova
People seem to have problems knowing that a good movie about a super-hero was made by a comic company other than marvel. I myself have read a few hellboys, and back in the day I bealive I had issue one, Shouldnt have gotten rid of it... But, it was made by darkhorse, and Dark horse and marvel are some good comic companies. Unlike DC they both have actual hero's. In DC theyve got all the flying things and ray beams and crap, Marvel has authentic hero's, same with Dark Horse. I never understood DC with there ray beams, and super rings and crap. But, Hellboy I have to say was a great movie. Happy Dance
I dont know why, but for some reason it just was... put together so much better, and you could tell less and less that the sets were fresh and brand new, like in spider-man, nothing had dents, or anything, it was all clean, NO dust anywhere!
In this movie the sets really werent... perfect... or... whatever, I just know it was great, and im looking forward to number 2!

lilanime32
I saw Hellboy opening night. I sat in the first row. I thought it was fantastic! SuperNova, you couldn't be more correct. It was great they way all the characters played into the movie. I was so worried that this movie was going to be corny, like Spiderman. Don't get me wrong, I liked Spiderman, but it was just so cheesy.

I thought Hellboy was much more entertaining. It had the perfect balance of action, humor, and sentimentality. Hellboy's attitude made the movie. I actually liked this movie enough to want to see it again...and spending another $10 says a lot for me.

punkyhermy
i had never heard of hellboy till the movie came out...soo not interested!

Spawnie
I'll have to wait a certain time till I get to see it. I live across the ocean, so it will take 4 to 6 months and maybe more untill it comes to our theatres. Hopefully I'll get a rip soon so I don't have to wait smile.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.