silver surfer movie in the talking stages.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheAnimal
according to ignmovies.com there is talk on bringing silver surfer to life on the big screen. the rummor for lead role is the rock.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by TheAnimal
according to ignmovies.com there is talk on bringing silver surfer to life on the big screen. the rummor for lead role is the rock.

If the rock plays SS I'll go insane and destroy KMC in a fit of rage.

gls
the rock will NOT play silver surfer.
the movie is more than jus in talks. marvel is debating at the moment how to do the effects of SS.
the script is not written that i know of. but marvel is doing SS right after fantastic four is out.
possibly to do a tie in with the two later on with galactus

Sentry
Yeah I heard about this movie. Should be interesting. Rock is rumored to play the role, but he wouldn't match. Rock is supposedly verbally attached to star as Sub-Mariner, which suits him better than Surfer.

TheFilmProphet
Nothing is sure yet though, if FF does amazing at the box office we will surely see a new SS film immediately go into production afterwards, but if it does badly then............I think you get the picture.

Quick Freeze
oh man if they do a surfer movie and a namor movie and a dr strange movie
maybe in like 10 years they'r do a defenders movie!!!
i want jon lovits to play yandroth

Swanky-Tuna
A Surfer movie would be powerful cool but I too have trouble seeing the Rock playing him.

pr1983
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
A Surfer movie would be powerful cool but I too have trouble seeing the Rock playing him.

pretty much my thoughts... namor? he could do the arrogance i suppose...

Wickerman
I don't see what's wrong with the rock doing this. He's definitely got the body for it, and the strong voice he has should work pretty well. Don't want some boy-hero to play the part anyway.

~wickerman~

pr1983
Originally posted by Wickerman
I don't see what's wrong with the rock doing this. He's definitely got the body for it, and the strong voice he has should work pretty well. Don't want some boy-hero to play the part anyway.

~wickerman~

i dont think he suits the surfer... the surfer is more ripped than bulky, his physique is more cyclops or gambit than say thor...

nimbus006
Rock would be much better as Namor, i could definitely see him playing that, but not the Surfer... Rock doesnt have the Pacifistic attitude of the Surfer and lacks the intellectual side that is so important with SS

pr1983
only problem is the special effects would cost an absolute fortune...

Nataku8188
Originally posted by pr1983
only problem is the special effects would cost an absolute fortune...

They could just wrap up the actor in tin foil. That'd look about right.

pr1983
Originally posted by Nataku8188

sure...

Wickerman

laughing I think he meant with all the power cosmic uses, not the SS's appearance

~wickerman~

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Wickerman
laughing I think he meant with all the power cosmic uses, not the SS's appearance

~wickerman~

Throw tinfoil balls.

pr1983
Throw tinfoil balls.

no expression

mr.smiley
I remeber before x2,their was a rumor the rock was playing the beast.

DigiMark007
The Rock can play whoever the hell he wants, IMO. Still, Surfer might not fit him best.

How about this...Triple H (also of wrestling fame) playing Beast in an X-Men movie (instead of Rock). Sure, the intelligence part would be rough, but he already has the body for it and looks like an ape-thing anyway. lol...

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Quick Freeze

i want jon lovits to play yandroth

laughing

It'd be the sweetest movie ever!

Wickerman
Throw tinfoil balls.

sad

you like tinfoil just a tad bit too much

~wickerman~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.