Best and Worst Horror Spoof

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
What do you think is the best Best and Worst Horror Spoof.

Here are the only ones i can think of :

Dracula : Dead and Loving it
Scary Movie 1,2,3
Saturday the 14th ( a forgotten Classic )
Young Frankenstein

Cinemaddiction
Best? Since I hate "Scary Movie" 1 & 2, 3 had little do with Horror, I'll say "Shaun of the Dead". "Repossessed" seems to go unnoticed, too.

papabeard
I forgot about repossessed. But I love Shaun of the Dead too much to put it this category, maybe more of an affectionate homage, ahahah

MildPossession
I can't think of one that I really like except Shaun of the Dead.

papabeard
Just for the record I dont actually like any of the films I mentioned above death.Except Shaun of the Dead

Wolfie
Shaun of the Dead, Scary Movie 3, Dracula: Dead and Loving It, Young Frankenstein, are all great.

basementred
scary movie 1 and 2 ruled, but 3 sucked

FistOfThe North
Scary movie 1 and 2. Nuff said.

And 3 puked hard.

Cinemaddiction
SM 3's not a Horror movie spoof, really.

BackFire
Young frankenstien

BlackC@t
Repossessed, Scary Movie, and Dracula: Dead and Loving It are great.

Shaun of the Dead: sick

Evil Dead
Repossessed..............love that flick....almost as much as I hate the exorcist.

papabeard
Anyone remember Saturday the 14th? Thats one obscure film, made in the mid 80's.

Evil Dead
I remember it......came out in the early 80s.......I probably haven't seen it since about '88-'89 though so I remember nothing about it. Also had a sequel called "strikes back" if I remember correctly.......

papabeard
No way, i cant believe they made a sequel, the original was made in 1981, check it out here.....

www.imdb.com/title/tt0083033/

Evil Dead
way

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096039/

BadKitty
Originally posted by BackFire
Young frankenstien ditto!!

I liked shaun of the dead a whole lot as well smile

BackFire
Yeah, though it's not much of a direct spoof, in fact, I'd hesitate at calling it a spoof, it's kinda its own thing.

tabby999
yeah, same. BF, did you ever see the interveiws with Simon Peg and the director (whos name i've totally forgotten) and the guy interveiwing them asks why they decided to make a horror spoof and simon nearly threw his chair at the guy, he almost was yelling "how many times must i say THIS ISN'T A SPOOF DAMMIT! We made a horror movie thats funny aswell, jesus, some people you just cant tell something."
Guess he got asked that question one time to many

BackFire
lol, no I didn't see that.

But it's true, horror films can be funny without being labeled a spoof, Shaun of the Dead isn't the first one.

Wolfie
It's due to its obvious spin on the title, Dawn of the Dead.

tabby999
yeah. some people think that its just another comedy movie. i had a conversation with a guy at work for about half hour, he was trying to tell me that there was a new british zombie movie that was called spawn of the dead and it was a piss take of Dawn Of the Dead. wouldn't listen to me, irrelevant of how much i told him about Shaun and how everything he said was in the movie was in Shaun but it wasn't just a piss take

papabeard
THE director of shaun of the dead is called Edgar Wright. He also directed the tv show SPACED

tabby999
yeah, i knew about Spaced, and i watched Shaun again last night, so i knew that his name was Edgar Wright, thanks anyway

papabeard
Shriek if you know what i did ......, this has to be one of the worst.

Deano
CARRY ON SCREAMING!!

one of the best carry on films

my fav horror spoof/comedy

its british too

anyone one sane will hunt this down...its hilarious

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00004CS2F.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Azrael01
Originally posted by papabeard
Shriek if you know what i did ......, this has to be one of the worst.
I agree
The only one I can think of that I could watch more than once is repossesed
Shawn of the dead wasn't too bad some funny parts
Dracula dead and loving it was dumb
I used to like silence of the hams when I was a kid but haven't seen it in years

Deano
watch the one i mentioned...

BREN
im a fan of shaun of the dead ,and national lampoons class reunion which always makes me laff,there was another 1 that sticks out student bodies an old early 80s horror spoof ,starts with saying friday the 14th jamile lee curtiss birthday,and a dog that miaows the lifts its leg to pee and farts,thats like the first 2 mins,the killer kills ppl with wooden horse figure bookends,and everytime some 1 is killed it comes up on the screen with big flashing numbers saying the bodycount,lol
allso there an early 80s movie called wacko that was hillarious and and a movie called hysterical starring the hudson brothers about the ghost of a lighthouse keeper called captain howdy

papabeard
Freddy Vs Jason is a bit of a spoof, maybe more horror comedy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.