Anti Smoking Commercials

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Napalm
Is anyone but me sick of them? Those annoying Bastards are spreading there stupided with the world

Fire
I'm sick of so many commercials but there is very little you can do about it anywayz Napalm.

It's not like they are forcing you to quit anywayz

Draco69
I like them. Smoking is bad for you. The commericials are trying to dissuade children from smoking.

Fishy
I hate commercials in general, we don't have those commercials here... Or at least not anymore, but if they would be on TV i would hate them

Napalm
Originally posted by Draco69
I like them. Smoking is bad for you. The commericials are trying to dissuade children from smoking.

No there main goal is to ban smoking all together

Draco69
Originally posted by Napalm
No there main goal is to ban smoking all together

And the problem with that is? Banning smoking would be a godsend for healthcare. Do realize how much the world spends on treating heart disease and lung cancer caused by smoking?

Not to mention the environmental hazards of smoking.

WindDancer
Indeed they are annoying. There are other ways to communicate their messages. They don't realize that people get tired of getting pounded with anti-smoking commercials.

Big Evil
Originally posted by Fire

It's not like they are forcing you to quit anywayz
Oh trust me they are.

The ads upon ads upon ads.
The tyranical opression where you can't smoke bassicaly ANYWHERE.
The expensive as hell prices of one damn pack.

They treat smokers like non-people, I'm suprised they don't have thier own special "smoker bus" and "smoker water foutain". Seeing as I could easily picture liberals justify thier lungs touching the foutain will pollute thier body etc etc etc..

People have got things way too easy so now they have to harass joe smchoe for doing something they don't like. I don't like abortion, but you don't see me going out and stabbing physichans in the head so parents are forced to bare children do you? The liberal side has got practicaly full control of our goverment. You can say everything you want about how our president is turning us backwards to the 1950s and crap but who are you trying to fool? This country is more liberal then ever and it hasn't haulted in that transformation in the least bit..

What we need, is more terrorist acts. When our country becomes bombarded with Palestinian fundementalists, then liberals will begin to realise things weren't so bad. And instead of wasting thier time on tobbaco smoke, will worry more about the acid smoke from a bomb Jihad planted to give us lung cancer. (The way that DOESN'T take fourty years..)

Fishy
So you are saying that just because there isn't anything really big to worry about it we shouldn't worry at all? Maybe smoking isn't as bad as a terrorist attack that kills millions, but there hasn't been a terrorist attack that killed millions has there? No there is smoking however.

Smoking does hurt people, you and the people around you... If you want to complain abuot people doing useless stuff start talking about banning gay marriages and stuff like that. Now thats useless. Banning smoking or trying to stop it from happening in public places is something completly natural...

Oh BTW: I smoke

Big Evil
Thier both stupid things to argue about. I put a conservative and a liberal in the same room. Here's what the liberal said to the conservative.

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/oliphant/oa048.jpg
Hey Bible-Thumper, you're black!

joeykangaroo
the goverment cant exactually care about people smoking- as they are getting money from it,so i doubt it wil get banned.
shows they care more about money than their people.
There are all these adverts,but if they really cared they would stop selling them,dont ya think?

DarkCrawler
Some examples:
http://www.forces.org/disgust/images/calvert.jpg

Draco69
Originally posted by Big Evil

What we need, is more terrorist acts. When our country becomes bombarded with Palestinian fundementalists, then liberals will begin to realise things weren't so bad. And instead of wasting thier time on tobbaco smoke, will worry more about the acid smoke from a bomb Jihad planted to give us lung cancer. (The way that DOESN'T take fourty years..)

More terrorist acts? What the f**k?

DarkCrawler
http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/images/ad5lg.jpg

Fishy
Those adds really are stupid...

Okay i'd hate those things too...

Draco69
Personally I don't see the problem with anti-smoking advertisements. They're in the same league as anti-illegal drug advertisements.

DarkCrawler
http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/images/ad1lg.jpg

I don't like smokers. Everytime they go past me the smoke gets on my lungs. It is really bad for people who have asthma and I don't see any reasons why someone starts smoking.

Draco69
Originally posted by DarkCrawler

I don't like smokers. Everytime they go past me the smoke gets on my lungs. It is really bad for people who have asthma and I don't see any reasons why someone starts smoking.

I like persons. I just don't like the fact that persons sometimes smoke. Whine all you want about the injustice of being a smoker with the increasing legistations built against them but the fact is that smoking is dangerous to you, us and the environment.

joeykangaroo
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/images/ad1lg.jpg

-to fit in with their friends, to suit their "image" i guess (eg chavs)
or just to get high big grin

joeykangaroo
its so cruel when parents smoke when they either pregnan or have kids
dont they realise they are distroyin their health too

Draco69
It's called selfishness. Self-indulgence at its worst.

naybean
I actually think the smoking adverts are funny and don't give a damn - i already knew the consequences and i still smoke so it doesn't affect me anyway. I guess if it gets someone else to quit its doing its job and thats fine by me. Smokers have an issue with the legislation building up against them because, just as you should have non smoking pubs there should be pubs for smokers as well. Its fine if u want to hang out in smoke free areas but u got to allow places for for smokers to hang out too. There are far scarier things out there than a packet of cigarettes

Afro Cheese
I hate those truth commercials.

Draco69
The truth burns....

TheAnimal
sh*t im gona go have another smoke.

BackFire
Yes! They are the bane of my TV watching. Half of the shit they say is total bullshit anyways, or else it's exagerated 300%.

The new commercials are so stupid, they try and make the tobacco company bad by showing them using "questionable" tactics at marketing. Like they're the only ****ing business ever to use questionable tactics for marketing. What's funny is some of these tactics are really smart, so it seems like they're going after the tobacco companies for having good marketing.

God, I hate hippies.

Big Evil
Personally I don't see the problem with anti-smoking advertisements. They're in the same league as anti-illegal drug advertisements.
Actually they're more like the 40s and Superman's "smack a Jap" cover art..

Big Evil
God, I hate hippies.
Actually hippies are considerd "conservative" now, didn't you get the memo?

Liberals don't care about nature, they want to tear it all down for cloning nests.

And we all know hippies are all too familiar with smoking lots of things lol..

My aunt was a 60s lovechild or whatever the hell they call them and she complains about pinkos more then I do..

She's just kinda' dumb what with the marijunna frying her brain cells so she doesn't know what exactly she's complaining about lol..

Which is another thing: Ciggerates don't distort reality, so who cares? Their less dangerous then alchahol, and look how well prohibition went.

I believe everyone should have the right to drink, eat, smoke, whatever the hell they please and at any age. (It's up to the parent's to decide what's best for thier children. Not the goverment.)

Draco69
I disagree whatever affects the individual affects society at large. Society would cease to function if anyone at any age can use any drug they please.

Big Evil
I disagree whatever affects the individual affects society at large. Society would cease to function if anyone at any age can use any drug they please.
Well that's why I implore parent involvment. They wouldn't be able to do as they please if parents botherd to teach thier kids right from wrong.

But instead our country pushes a family life of both parents working two jobs and the kids growing up in half-ass public schools and SpongeBob. No wonder they're moronic..

First we'd have to lower the expections of a demanding economy so the average household could have atleast one parent home and it not break thier budget.

Then we can legalise everything.

And be one step closer to peace on Earth. smokin'
Or atleast be more like Canada lol..

lil bitchiness
Here's an idea! eek! Dont like it, don't watch it, and don't b!tch about it.

Big Evil
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
lol! The smily went perfect with the post. I should put smilies in my posts more often.

Anyways, i'm not completely ceartain smoking causes cancer. People smoked in the 50s, where was cancer then? I believe cancer was a disease created by the goverment to control us hense it just pops up from ANYTHING.

whobdamandog

Anyways, i'm not completely ceartain smoking causes cancer. People smoked in the 50s, where was cancer then?

Half of them now are either dead..hooked up to a respirator..or receiving chemo...lol... laughing laughing Happy Dance

Draco69
Well that's why I implore parent involvment. They wouldn't be able to do as they please if parents botherd to teach thier kids right from wrong.

But instead our country pushes a family life of both parents working two jobs and the kids growing up in half-ass public schools and SpongeBob. No wonder they're moronic..

First we'd have to lower the expections of a demanding economy so the average household could have atleast one parent home and it not break thier budget.

Then we can legalise everything.

And be one step closer to peace on Earth. smokin'
Or atleast be more like Canada lol..

The economy is extremely competitive and demanding for most middle/lower class families, granted. However such a major renovation of society will never happen.

Legalizing everything would break society. The actions of the individual affect society as whole. If drugs was made legal to all then the cost of healthcare would rise dramatically. Fetal deformaties would become more of a common occurence. Auto-accidents would rise, as would insurance. Drug-induced violence would rise. Child Abuse, teenage pregnancies, drug overdoses, etc. It would be a nightmare.

BackFire
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

Unfortunately they're on almost constantly, on every channel. I shouldn't have to turn off the TV for 30 seconds every 15 minutes because some self righteous pieces of shit feel like making shitty and lying commercials.

For instance, in a two hour time period when I'm watching wrestling, usually there will be a total of 5 or so anti smoking adds (all of which are exaggerating, or demonizing something or another), it's ridiculous. There was even one during the new episode of Family Guy this week, they're polluting TV.

WindDancer

Anyways, i'm not completely ceartain smoking causes cancer. People smoked in the 50s, where was cancer then? I believe cancer was a disease created by the goverment to control us hense it just pops up from ANYTHING.

I'm not too school on the history of cigarrates, but the people who smoked back in the 50's had different cigarretes than the ones smoke these days. Today cigarretes have a load of chemicals which could cause lung cancer.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by BackFire
Unfortunately they're on almost constantly, on every channel. I shouldn't have to turn off the TV for 30 seconds every 15 minutes because some self righteous pieces of shit feel like making shitty and lying commercials.

For instance, in a two hour time period when I'm watching wrestling, usually there will be a total of 5 or so anti smoking adds (all of which are exaggerating, or demonizing something or another), it's ridiculous. There was even one during the new episode of Family Guy this week, they're polluting TV.

Well, i guess now is the time where i can say im glad i dont have TV at university.

BackFire
Totally. You're lucky.

KidRock
Those Truth commercials are so stupid, trying to get people to stop smoking. I dont smoke, but if I did those commercials wouldnt make me stop.

Capt_Fantastic
I smoke. I know other people don't like it, but that is their problem. There are so many clubs where there's no smoking allowed. Fine, that's cool. I have no problem with that. But, sometimes you go to these clubs, sometimes the balconies and smokers patios are where all the people are.

besides, people who go to clubs that allow smoking and then ***** about it, owe me for half a pack of cigarettes.

Afro Cheese
What's so dumb about them is they act as if the fact that cigarettes cause cancer is some big secret that nobody knows.

Jackie Malfoy
Yea I am stick of them and they are not doing anything anyway so why have them?jm

RedAlertv2
My solution- Buy a Tivo, skip through commercials cool

Boaz Bagbag
joeykangaroo, absolutely agree here! "persons: while pregnant should not be smoking! Anyway, this case does not have anything to do with the habit it self! These are low llives!

However smoking is bad!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.