~~ After 28 Years of Star Wars ~~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bobafett81
Star Wars have been with most of us for the past 28 years since 1977. I wasn't born then, only 1 year after Empire Strikes Back, and it wasn't only till the early 90s that I found out about this trilogy...

Still after a decade of Star Wars for me, I feel that I had met and talked with all the characters from the saga before. I felt that I saw Han Solo at the Cantine, Luke Skywalker at Tatooine, Princess Leia on the Blockade Runner.... they are like close friends to me.

I would like to thank George Lucas for all these years of Star Wars. As much as we hated some of his works like Jar Jar Binks and The Phantom Menace, I think without him, there will never be a Star Wars in the first place.

Dunno why I typing this, but I cannot believe the movie is ending next week.... and the Circle is finally complete.... I can't bear to leave this Universe....

What about U? Your toughts?

stefaan
My thoughts? This is pathetic.

astrofan428
Im am not too upset, I am more extatic(sp) than anything else. This whole thing will finally be complete.

A new saga will soon start via television anyway, and there is still DVD.

mephistodesigns
agreed. Its never going to end: Books/TV Show/figures/comics/videogames/apparently they may revamp Star Tours....

we don't have to "leave this universe" there's tons of stuff out there...and we do have the movies on DVD now...

but yeah, what stefaan said.

astrofan428
Yeah dont overlook videogames, with the next gen of consoles coming, the level of expression in videogames will be limitless.

Imagine the KOTOR series for XBOX 360(debut tomorrow).

star22
I am excited and sad at the same time. I can't wait, though, until I can watch all six in a row on DVD. That will be the greatest day ever.

astrofan428
Originally posted by star22
I am excited and sad at the same time. I can't wait, though, until I can watch all six in a row on DVD. That will be the greatest day ever.

That will also be the least productive day ever. stick out tongue

star22
I know. As bad as the day when I watched all three LOTR extended in a row.

yodafan
I want to throw a Star Wars party after I get the ep3 DVD. Invite everyone over and watch all 6 movies, eat pizza, have a good time.

star22
I'll hopefully watch them all with my dad. He's the one who got me into Star Wars and science fiction in general.

astrofan428
Originally posted by yodafan
I want to throw a Star Wars party after I get the ep3 DVD. Invite everyone over and watch all 6 movies, eat pizza, have a good time.

Pizza? Dude I am there.

star22
How about chocolate? If so, then I am there too.

smoker4
Any beer?

Delta 62
I know exactly what people mean when they talk about mixed feelings. After years of waiting for this movie..we are barely a week away. But this arrival also means there will be no more looking forward to a new movie. As much as I love the games and novels..it just isn't the same. These past months as hype really began to grow, what with all the clips and pictures and spoilers, have been an incredible experience. All leading up to next week. It is indeed sad to know we will never again experience it again. Some will agree with me..some won't.

star22
Your right. It isn't the same. When it is all over, I will probably be really sad. I am just too hyped now to feel anything else. Actually, when it is over, I will probably start getting into Harry Potter mode. I haven't even been able to be excited about Half Blood Prince I am so excited about ROTS.

SW3HP4IJ4
Im sad and excitied. It's sad to see such a great and long-running saga come to an end. Im excited though because that end is going to be great.

yodafan
I hope it goes out in a blaze of glory. rock

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by Delta 62
I know exactly what people mean when they talk about mixed feelings. After years of waiting for this movie..we are barely a week away. But this arrival also means there will be no more looking forward to a new movie. As much as I love the games and novels..it just isn't the same. These past months as hype really began to grow, what with all the clips and pictures and spoilers, have been an incredible experience. All leading up to next week. It is indeed sad to know we will never again experience it again. Some will agree with me..some won't.

Agreed yes

tlbauerle
I can't even begin to think about all the emotions I'll be experiencing on Sith Day....I'm sure it will be overwhelming. Thanks Boba....

Some people may not like this thread....but I appreciate it.

astrofan428
It is an emotional time, for the movie and for the end of the saga.

Next Thursday, we need a "Did you cry thread".

umraan
o god not another reminicent thread!

jedi2187
Originally posted by umraan

'salright with me.
It is bittersweet. We've been anxiously looking forward to this moment all of our lives, and now that the moment is almost upon us, it's almost like graduating from high school. What you take with you are the best memories.
For most of us, this was a part of our childhood. And for some of us, when we look back at this moment years from now, it'll conjure up positive feelings.
Some of us may not have had the best childhood growing up, but if Star Wars was a part of it, it gave us contentment.

I tend to reminice with people I never met before.
Granted, it takes a while....

jediwilldaddy
well i can't think of better time than now to reflect.. so to all you critics of sentimental thoughts.. fu^k Off.. now then that said .. hey look star wars became imprtant to me because when my parents split about a year or so before a new hope came out i was devestated.. and then this movie came out that took me to a different place and allowed me to imagine alot of stuff and also helped me forge friendships that have lasted almost 30 years and to this day i still keep in contact with cats i used to play star wars games with or trade topps cards with.. it is amazing beacause we have our own kids now and to goto a premier and watch our kids reenact lightsaber batles with their toys which are much better than the ones we had is just ecstacy.. im sorry but i love my kids and to watch them discover this set of sagas brings me a new hope for the future and that yes there will be life after the last star wars... thank you george lucas you have always been and shall always be our hero!!!!

Cheesiness
Originally posted by jediwilldaddy
well i can't think of better time than now to reflect.. so to all you critics of sentimental thoughts.. fu^k Off.. now then that said .. hey look star wars became imprtant to me because when my parents split about a year or so before a new hope came out i was devestated.. and then this movie came out that took me to a different place and allowed me to imagine alot of stuff and also helped me forge friendships that have lasted almost 30 years and to this day i still keep in contact with cats i used to play star wars games with or trade topps cards with.. it is amazing beacause we have our own kids now and to goto a premier and watch our kids reenact lightsaber batles with their toys which are much better than the ones we had is just ecstacy.. im sorry but i love my kids and to watch them discover this set of sagas brings me a new hope for the future and that yes there will be life after the last star wars... thank you george lucas you have always been and shall always be our hero!!!!

How...depressing.

astrofan428
Originally posted by umraan

Would love to see what a positive comment from you would look like.

El_NINO
I believe that they will be another Star Wars film, Dont bash me on this but think about it, what do we all want, I know i want money and women and a few other things but money is a big one. Someone will take over the rights and make another film, just look at the profits that have already taken place for the Episode 3. Yes i am a bit sad that its ending but life goes on.

smoker4
no

ReturnOfUmraan
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
Would love to see what a positive comment from you would look like.

here is a positive comment. **** u

Ast Rofan
Great, this ******* is back again.

I am kinda honored, you went through the trouble of making a new sock just to get at me. big grin

bilb
can you spell unnecessary bump? blink

Texansfan05
Originally posted by bilb

I agree! big grin

darthmonkey9206
Great, this ******* is back again.

I am kinda honored, you went through the trouble of making a new sock just to get at me. big grin

LOL, ReturnOfUmraan, sounds so dramatic.

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by bilb

No but I can spell this...

U M R A A N = a$$hole

Ken Kenobi
umraan = dipshit that I had banned.

Nactous
Yeah dont overlook videogames, with the next gen of consoles coming, the level of expression in videogames will be limitless.

Imagine the KOTOR series for XBOX 360(debut tomorrow).

Ah KotOR, I am, to many E3 fans, the most dedicated Knights of the Old Republic. Star Wars is forever my friends. BTW Ken, I started one just like this and you shut it down, hmm.........

Ast Rofan
Is there a full moon out tonight or something? All the crazys are coming out of the woodwork.

He probably closed it because this was already opened back in May.

Nactous
*Looks at KotOR cover, and weeps openly.*

Nactous
Is there a full moon out tonight or something? All the crazys are coming out of the woodwork.

He probably closed it because this was already opened back in May.

Hmm..., if you say so.

Nactous
So... is Bilb umraan?

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by Nactous
So... is Bilb umraan?

????

Nactous
????

????

Nactous
Someone, for god sakes.... just post. I dont care if its Ast, Dodo, or even the artist formerly known as Vader 476. Just post damn it.

Jedi Priestess
So... is Bilb umraan?

ROTFLMAO!!!! HELL NO~

bilb
So... is Bilb umraan?

OMFG thats hysterical laughing laughing laughing laughing

darthmonkey9206
So... is Bilb umraan?

haha, the crazys must be out tonight.

Bicnarok
Im glad the story has been told, although I hope the DVD of part III is longer, there were too many holes in the movie.

There will be spin offs, but none will match the magic of star wars

Nactous
What the hell is wrong with you people.

Nactous
I think it would be more accurate to have labeld this topic. "28 Years, and going.'

Nactous
Originally posted by ReturnOfUmraan
here is a positive comment. **** u

I dont mean to get on anybodies bad side but....
*cough*JACKASS*cough*

tlbauerle
Seems to be all you are doing, Nactous...

Nactous
It sounds like you have something else to say, tlbauerle.

tlbauerle
No...I pretty much say what I think...and I did actually say what I wanted to. You have a nack for getting on people's bad side.

That's about it.

Nactous
Oh really.

tlbauerle
Um...yeah.

Nactous
Well....

El_NINO
LETS HAVE MORE BANANA DANCES!!!! YEHAAA

Happy Dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.