Grevious Vs Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Mader
Who would win this battle? Maul was trained by sidious. Grevious has 4 light sabers but grevious does not really have any force and he is a damn droid. The reason he has those light sabers is because when he or his guards kills a jedi he collects their light sabers he is not really skilled. But 4 light sabers helps alot. Play the game u'll learn alot

nolan lepaz
Grevious is not a droid he is a cyborg and has organs. once once A fully living creature from the species Kaleesh and still had organs inside of his metal body. Therefore he does posses the force. And the force flows though everything thats how luke was able to lift a rock in ESB the force flows through droids also just not as strongly. But I would go with Grevious he's killed skilled Jedi before.

Lord Mader
But Grevious isn't that powerful, he just has 4 light sabers that help him alot. I also do know he's not really a robot I can tell by how he talks and he also coughs alottttt. But can someone tell me this. Does Grevious die by a blaster gun or by a lightsaber from obi? Because in the game he gets stabbed.

nolan lepaz
I believe Obi-wan has a lightsaber battle with him I haven't played that game yet but I know those two bttle and Obi-wan is not the one who dies. And he is powerful when everybody else was in full retreat on Geonosis he stayed behind and killed four Jedi untill he was forced to leave. In the book Labirynth of evil it says that there bodies were ripped apart. Grevious has lightsabers but doesn't need them because he didn't have any when he beat those four down. He uses them because he knows they are powerful weapons and a lightsaberbeam can stop another. And he has them as keepsakes as a reminder of the Jedi he has killed.

Darth_Nefarus
Yeah, but he's not forcesensitive. His body was designed to move quickly and handle martial combat. Dooku taught him how to use a lightsaber, but rest assured, he does not have the force. GL said so.

Lord Mader
See like i said even in the game instead of the force he uses a blaster gun.

nolan lepaz
Dude the force runs through everything listen to Yoda in ESB he may not be force sensitve but the force flows through him. Being force sensitive has to do with you being able to manipulate the force. No not everybody is force sensitive but the force runs through everybody and everything. But even without being force sensitive you can be a stone cold killer. Jedi have died in the past from people who weren't force sensitve. Jedi die from blasters they are mortals they just have good training and are force sensitive.

The Ones
maul would get killed 9000 times before he hits the ground

Darth_Nefarus
Maybe, Maul would use a lot more aggressive manuevers. Like choking him, throwing him around a lot, etc.

Wanderer259
If Maul wanted to be really nasty, he'd use the Force to just crush Grievous. Grievous still has organs; Maul could just crush his heart of his lungs with the Force if he wanted. If he could.

jackstain
oh my god, first off this thread has been done, second.....GG is a sh1tstain, on the underwear of lightsaber wielders.
Maul owns.

no force, no balls, no way in hell he's winning.

Darth Mantis
Jackstain's comments never get old... Maul wins...

jackstain
Happy Dance

Bobafetty
Hell ya. GOOOOOO Maul!

exanda kane
I hope they would just stand there, admit they have no relevance and place in the story and that they are crude attempts at attracting a shallow audience and both commit suicide!

jackstain
wow....and ur not trying to with that lame statement?
i think u'll see that if it's a popularity contest ur in here for, u of all people won't come anywhere close to winning.

so go suck off jango fett or something, you dumb as$hole.

nolan lepaz
Jackstain What make's you believe that Jimbroni can honestly beat GG. You don't think other punk *ss Jedi have tried that in the past. GG pwns Maul. Maul is the ultimate SH1T STAIN that B*STARD calls himself though. He got beat by a padawan. GG has killed Masters.

jackstain
wow, you certainly are a clever one. erm

and by the way, it's jabroanie, not jimbroni.

sith over a robot anyday, u have now lost all speaking privelages.
wow.

Bobafetty
Good Job Jackstain

jackstain
yea yea yea Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

exanda kane
they both suck

Otaku_Sith
Originally posted by nolan lepaz
Jackstain What make's you believe that Jimbroni can honestly beat GG. You don't think other punk *ss Jedi have tried that in the past. GG pwns Maul. Maul is the ultimate SH1T STAIN that B*STARD calls himself though. He got beat by a padawan. GG has killed Masters.
Isn't it true that maul was an sith apprentice in ep1 and that he killed Qui-Gon.But i think Grievous would win,why?I don't know i just have this feeling...

Vanquish
This question can't be answered because we really don't know forsure what force powers Maul has at his disposal. All we really know is that he fights with a staff almost exlusively. He doesn't attempt lightning, and for all we know, he doesn't know how to shoot force lightning or force choke people.

Based on what we have seen from TPM, maul would lose this fight to GG. They would most likely use sabers, because that seems to be all Maul likes to do. He would lose in that case forsure, saber to saber.

GG even beats ROTS obi saber to saber, and I'm absolutely positive that ROTS obi would slay Maul. He did it in TPM, and he is 100 times stronger in ROTS.

Maul could only win if he uses dark force powers, but as I said, who knows if would, or is even capable of it.

exanda kane
True. Maul only uses the force to push Obi down the shaft.

jackstain
he uses choke in the books. and others, im just to lazy to think of em right now.

Bobafetty
OMG. This damn thread as been posted over and over again by a number of different people. Listen Lord Mader, you want to make this easier for everyone, LAY OFF THE DOOBIE!

Lord_Windu
Yeah, we must have done this like 5 times. Anyone has yet to see Grievous fight. But jackstain, if what you said about Maul being able to force-choke is true, than Maul will probably win.

truheretic
A) i think grevious would have to have a certain tolerance to the force if hes able to destroy masters without a sabre

B) someone mentioned earlier that a padwan beat maul but thats only because obi was watch the batlle like a hawk and was ready for the forehead-hit that got quigon killed

I geuss GG would win but like many have said we have yet to see him fight so its a little unfair to pick right now

truheretic
!!! i know it doesnt really count but if u wanna see grievous fight watch the Clone wars shorts from cartoon network- If he fights like that in the movie its grievous all the way

Wanderer259
Not really. Other people do it all the time and they have no real protection from the Force. Jedi are powerful, but not invincible. Nor are they capable of flicking their wrist and killing somebody. They can be outsmarted, and as we know of Grievous, he's not called "General" for nothing.

Nah. In fact, the more I watch it, the more I realize Maul was mostly the one in control. Obi-Wan was practically outclassed until Maul decided to be dumb (someone doesn't have to be beaten in 2 seconds to be outclassed).

I think the cartoon has already been accepted as a viable EU source.

Vanquish
I just find it hard to believe that Maul has all the Dark Force powers but chooses not to use them in TPM. Why would he risk dying if he could just use them and win? I suspect he spent his life mastering his dual staff skills, and didn't focus much at all on other force powers. He's good in saber combat forsure, because Qui-gon kicks ass and he beat him, but I don't think Maul even comes close to Vader's or Dooku's level in the force.

After we all see the movie, and see how bad ass Grevious is, I think everyone will agree that Maul would be sliced and diced by GG.

Wanderer259
I don't recall Qui-Gon ever clearly winning. He backhands Maul once and then gets kicked in the face. Where's the advantage?

It's possible that your theory is correct, but probably unlikely; I don't see how he could devote to one thing since it's all tied together at some point. I'd say it's more likely that Darth Maul simply fell to the typical movie badguy fault -- giving the hero a chance.

nolan lepaz
Now I must run along and cry

Darth Inanis
Maul has no chance against Grievous. Although Maul was an expert sabre wielder, he has no chance once Grievous uses 4 sabres. I mean in the clone wars micro series we see Grievous fighting against 5 jedi with just 2 or 3 sabres, so: Grievous is going to kick Mauls tatooed *ss.

Vanquish
Wanderer, if you are going to quote me and argue the opposite, at least get it right smile

I said:

I'm not sure how you interpreted that as me saying that Qui gon kicked mauls ass in the fight. I just said that Qui Gon kicks ass in general saber fighting, and Maul beat Qui gon, so Maul is obviously very very strong. That's what that means dude, not that Qui gon beat Maul.

Maul > Qui-Gon

Grevious > Maul (unless Maul has all the dark force powers that Dooku has)

Wanderer259
Whoops!

jackstain
grievous is an old man bug.

Kun-ni Habeo
lol,,i dont know wuld be close

Sodo
Originally posted by jackstain
no force, no balls, no way in hell he's winning.

That is the greatest Star Wars comment I've ever heard. Can I use that in my sig if I credit you?

On topic: This one's kinda lopsided. Grievous has no Force abilities and four lightsabers. Maul has a double-bladed and some of the deadliest skills and Force abilities imaginable. However, Grievous is an accomplished Jedi killer. On the other hand, Maul isn't that low on the killing chart either. He'll do anything to finish a mission. I'm giving this one to Maul.

mautho1
Okay i think that maul would win cool

mautho1
Maul win any thing smokin' mad

mautho1
Who's winning this conversation

mautho1
Originally posted by Darth_DaNThEMaN

LordSorgo
mad:There is already a Grievous VS Maul thread!

Darth_DaNThEMaN

DarthCrazo
I see it somewhat like this.
Maul climbing up the bottomless pit and getting his body restored. Then being tired of Sidious wanting ultimate revenge. He would meet up with grievious and duel. Eventually Maul would tire out and come to the last resort by throwing his double bladed lightsaber at grievious and killing him for good.

NewGuy01
Darth_DaNThEMaN needs to come back and save KMC.

RealistRacism
grievous is an old man bug.

Freedon Nadd
Maul Force crushes his petty heart.

CuckedCurry
Grievous tbh

RealistRacism
Originally posted by CuckedCurry
Grievous tbh
Just got a PM from Darth_DaNThEMaN. He's coming to rip out your heart and sacrifice it to Moloch if you don't retract your statement.

CuckedCurry
wow....and ur not trying to with that lame statement?
i think u'll see that if it's a popularity contest ur in here for, u of all people won't come anywhere close to winning.

so go suck off jango fett or something, you dumb as$hole.

RealistRacism
Ouch

CuckedCurry
thumb up

TheNuisanceBird

Darth Thor
Unfortunately I dont think Maul will be facing Grievous or any Jedi aside from Ahsoka. Filoni and Pablo went over the Siege of Madalore arc at Star Wars celebration 2016.

And (spoilers) Kenobi and Skywalker are called away to rescue the Chancellor (beginning of Revenge of the Sith), but Anakin leaves Rex and half of the 501st to back up Ahsoka in toppling Maul. They also have Bo Katan and her Mandalorian soldiers on side.....

All That said it pains me that in these post TCW/SOD days that there are still people who rate Grievous =/> Maul.

HP Legend
Maul.

Yeesus
maul mauls

RealistRacism
Canon Grievous gets walloped, Legends Grievous probably wins.

Freedon Nadd
Grievous only wins because of plot convenience.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by RealistRacism
Canon Grievous gets walloped, Legends Grievous probably wins.

Even with Legends Grievous, who was the most powerful opponent he beat?

CuckedCurry
Who was the most powerful opponent he challenged seems like a more appropriate question? Maul is outclassed in Legends tbh

DarthCaedus77
But muh, Grievous beat 5 exhausted Jedi, and he got stomped by Windu and he lost to Obi Wan and Dooku, he's top tier.

CuckedCurry

Tzeentch

Darth Thor
Who was the most powerful opponent he challenged seems like a more appropriate question? Maul is outclassed in Legends tbh

Not really no. Like DC77 said, no match for Dooku or Windu or Kenobi.

He was a beast but he was no Maul.

CuckedCurry
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Not really no. Like DC77 said, no match for Dooku or Windu or Kenobi.

He was a beast but he was no Maul.

Darth Thordumb Nadd

TheNuisanceBird

Darth Thor

Darth Thor

Intrp1d37
Straight lightsaber combat, Grievous can hold his own. But introduce the Force, and Grievous gets reduced to scrap.

Darth Thor
^ thumb up

SOD actually showcased it pretty well for Legends or Canon.

Freedon Nadd
Darth Thordumb Nadd

Don't call me stupid indirectly by calling someone else dumb.
You want to say he is dumb? Your problem. Go ahead. But don't use my KMC user name to achieve that "goal".

TheNuisanceBird

Darth Thor
^ He was probably referring to the OCW where Windu force crushes his chest.

CuckedCurry
Impossibly wrong

TheNuisanceBird

DarthCaedus77
Grievous didn't even challenge Mace in pure sabers in LOE lol, he admitted his vast inferiority as a swordsman after a single exchange.

CuckedCurry
Impossibly wrong

DarthCaedus77

You know it's true, you just won't admit it.

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Grievous only wins because of plot convenience.
Like the majority of Kenobi's wins
wink

RealistRacism

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Like the majority of Kenobi's wins
wink

Of course: comparing a droid with a Force user is the same thing.

Do you even think your words before typing them?

Darth Thor
Whose the most powerful Jedi that Legends Grievous has beaten in a fair fight?

As far as I can tell that would be Adi Gallia (who he's actually overpowered in Canon as well ironically).

Underachiever59
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Whose the most powerful Jedi that Legends Grievous has beaten in a fair fight?

As far as I can tell that would be Adi Gallia (who he's actually overpowered in Canon as well ironically).

Funny enough, for all the raging I've heard in the past several years about how TCW "humiliated" Grievous, I'd say his performance level is still on par with Legends Grievous.

Forced Kenobi to retreat in their first engagement early on in the Clone Wars (During the Destroy Malevolence story arc), casually stomped Ahsoka with a single lightsaber in their first duel, then activated his second lightsaber for sport and forced her into a steady retreat, killed Kit Fisto's apprentice with ease, held his own against Kit Fisto, one of the most skilled and powerful Jedi in the Order (Who, along with Mace Windu, managed to actually hold his own for a moment against Sidious), defeated Eeth Koth, a member of the Jedi Council and also one of the more renowned Jedi swordsmen, held his own against Obi-Wan in their second encounter, and was actually winning until Obi-Wan used the Force, held his own against Adi Gallia, another Jedi Council member, just after the duel with Kenobi, held off Kenobi once more in the following episode and arguably defeated the Jedi (Though he still retreated due to being outnumbered by clones), dueled Kenobi yet again on Kamino, where he was dominating until Kenobi blasted him with a couple Force pushes, defeated and captured Adi Gallia (Most people forget about this one since it happened on the episode focused on C-3PO and R2-D2), briefly contended with against Asajj Ventress, who regularly contested with Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan, and Count Dooku, easily defeated Kenobi in their next duel, defeated Ahsoka Tano in their second duel, after she had grown considerably more skilled, contended with Darth Maul, and defeated Depa Billaba, Mace Windu's apprentice and one of the best duelists of the Jedi Order.

Pretty much the only thing Canon Grievous is missing that Legends Grievous has is a showing where he faces multiple exhausted Jedi at a time. But aside from that, Canon Grievous' feats and accolades put him right up there with Legends Grievous, if not greater.

Darth Thor
^ thumb up

CuckedCurry
Literal mierda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.