Metallica or Megadeth???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

griefzombie
Yet again the age old question!!! Who to choose or should we just combine the bands and create metallideth!!! ooohhh yeah! eek! evil face

Treehuggerjanie
wow that would b pretty damn kick ass
what do you think is megadeaths best albm?
metallicas is either ride the lightning or master of puppets

griefzombie
yep my fave album is Rust in peace followed by countdown to extinction,however tout le monde is a great song!! As for metallica........I must admit For whom the bell toll's rocks, Cliff was a god....Orion need I say more?? but I kinda like Load .......I know I know it is'nt like their old stuff but still.... eek! evil face

Treehuggerjanie
yeah i know 'load is good and its good in my opinion if bands change theyre style from time to time slighlty.keeps it fresh

griefzombie
Whats your fave song on Load? and also tell me your fave albums from both bands.

P.S. Mustaine lyrically is a genius!! How the **** does he play those riffs and sing?? I try but the only one I even come close to is foreclosure of a dream....Guess I keep practicing!

Treehuggerjanie
wasting my hate on load
fave album by megadeth?def. peace sells but who buyin
how bout u

Treehuggerjanie
fav album from metallica is m.o.p or ride the lightning

griefzombie
My favourite song on Load is Until it sleeps!! (got it playing now!) My favourite song by Megadeth.....Tornado of souls. What do you think of Reload?? and their return to thrash St Anger! I dunno though I am finding St Anger quite harsh!

lilmisskitten
I haven't heard megadeath although i do like Mettalica i like to live is to die big grin although i like all the onesI've heard i just cant remeber what there called lol

any one got any Megadeath recomendations for me big grin

griefzombie
Yep lilmiss try Countdown to extinction or Youthanasia there easy on the brain but is still thrashy enough to kick ass!

griefzombie
Then when you have tried them go for Rust in Peace!!! That is an album beyond measure!

MetallicaT
metallica's best album for me is either MOP, black, or AJFA...i love sanitarium, sad but true, and harvester of sorrow
Countdown to extinction is megadeths best album...best song...i'd have to say, foreclosure of a dream

tabby999
while megadeath are good, Metallica are better

Afro Cheese
Rust in Peace is a good album.. but Metallica > Megadeth.

LifeIsKillingMe
Metallica

eggmayo
Not even comparable. Thread starter should be running, Korricle is rampaging.

WindDancer
I still say is Metallica.

DaRk Lotus
Megadeth All the way.

Korri
Originally posted by eggmayo
Not even comparable. Thread starter should be running, Korricle is rampaging.

dang straight!

howbout not even a plausable question mad

ESP07
There is no comparison between the 2 on a career level. I like them both.

griefzombie
Hmmmm not plausable??!!?? Dave Mustaine former lead guitarist set's up a band in direct competition and the question of who you prefer is not PLAUSABLE get real Korri are you even aware of the history of the two bands??? or did you start your musical interest with metallica black album????.....nice one! confused laughing out loud

Treehuggerjanie
Originally posted by griefzombie
My favourite song on Load is Until it sleeps!! (got it playing now!) My favourite song by Megadeth.....Tornado of souls. What do you think of Reload?? and their return to thrash St Anger! I dunno though I am finding St Anger quite harsh!

reloads ok not one of their best though. Not too impressed with St Anger. Its ok but its more commercial/mainstream than their other stuff and i didnt think it was recoreded to quite as high quality-the drums sounded a little "tinny" on it but yeah its orite i guess.prefer stuff like master of puppets def.

Treehuggerjanie
the black album must be their most loved album by a lot of people but i think theyve got better stuff.It is a very good album despite that

Korri
Hmmmm not plausable??!!?? Dave Mustaine former lead guitarist set's up a band in direct competition and the question of who you prefer is not PLAUSABLE get real Korri are you even aware of the history of the two bands??? or did you start your musical interest with metallica black album????.....nice one! confused laughing out loud

oh wow arent you a smart ass...

and yeah, i am aware of the history between the two bands, my god how could anyone not be? Mustaine has whined about nothing else for the last 20 years...

IMO there is no comptetition between the two, Megadeth quite clearly to begin with were Dave's "recovery band" and a chance to get some sort of sad revenge for everything he lost by being a drunken asswipe, He is a good guitarist ill give you that but quite clearly its not all about the music.

Oh and btw no need to be so cliche, theres nothing wrong with the black album, just because your one of the stereotypical fans who wants Master of Puppets for the rest of his life doesnt mean i am either. Infact, i would probably say i value most of Metallica's albums in some way or another, so cut the "smart" comments, they just make you look even more of an idiot.

griefzombie
Hmm an idiot yes all I did was point out that you were on the attack pointing out that my question was not plausable I think the question is a good one as countdown to extinction was a dig at the black album incidentally I love the black album but my faves are Kill em all as It shows what it would have been like with Mustaine still in the band e.g Phantom lord amnd metal militia etc great raw sounding songs but obviously mustaine influenced and Load......... I did'nt mean to be a smart ass about things it's just I have been called a noob on here quite a few times and I have followed horror films and my music for a long time but I will say Korri master of puppets kicks ass as does most the other albums however St anger sounds pretty awful .......welll to me anyway I did see an interview on M.T.V where Dave states that he set up the band to oppose Metallica and I think he did a pretty good job!

MetalHeart
Metallica, at least James can hold a band together for more than a month *coughmustaineandmegadethcough*

PunisherFan33
metallica 100% all the way

ESP07
I dig Metallica, but I lost a lot of respect for "Jamyz" when in an interview that is on their site under misc video, he said that Disposable Heroes was written about the modern day athlete. I understand trying to separate yourself from the "old school" metal image, but come on.

Korri
Hmm an idiot yes all I did was point out that you were on the attack pointing out that my question was not plausable I think the question is a good one as countdown to extinction was a dig at the black album incidentally I love the black album but my faves are Kill em all as It shows what it would have been like with Mustaine still in the band e.g Phantom lord amnd metal militia etc great raw sounding songs but obviously mustaine influenced and Load......... I did'nt mean to be a smart ass about things it's just I have been called a noob on here quite a few times and I have followed horror films and my music for a long time but I will say Korri master of puppets kicks ass as does most the other albums however St anger sounds pretty awful .......welll to me anyway I did see an interview on M.T.V where Dave states that he set up the band to oppose Metallica and I think he did a pretty good job!

well, the fact is that there is already a thread about this topic, try using the search button next time:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=3274727#post3274727

Treehuggerjanie
i like both bands a lot but at the moment i sway towards metallica

uQifg2WV
I don't know Metallica has my favorite song of all time, Call of Kthulu, but They've kinda sold out. Its a tough decision.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.