Darth Maul vs. Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Discuss

grey fox
darth maul easily he shoves his lightsaber through the sheid and into cap's heart

who?-kid
And we all know Captain America is just gonna stand there, like he always does wink

Wickerman
Darth Maul. Why? Because he has The Force. He can stop Cap's shield when he unknowingly throws it at him, then slice the shield up. Followed by a nice force push to the nearest ton of bricks and then a fight that's gonna take shorter than it takes wolverine to go "Snikt"

~wickerman~

mdbull73
Darth Maul was easily diced up by OBI WON KENOBI because although he was more powerful, Darth Maul was too overconfident.

I think if Cap barely hung in there and Darth Maul started to underestimate the captain, Cap would find a hole and beat him.

Wickerman
Originally posted by mdbull73
Darth Maul was easily diced up by OBI WON KENOBI because although he was more powerful, Darth Maul was too overconfident.

I think if Cap barely hung in there and Darth Maul started to underestimate the captain, Cap would find a hole and beat him.

Let me ask you if you're hearing yourself. Ahem...so the real deal: AFTER FIGHTING TWO JEDI KNIGHTS, ONE OF THEM A FREEKIN MASTER, Darth manages to kill QUOI GON JIN, the freekin master. And he almost kills kenobi as well. But yes, he gets overconfident, and the lil dude manages to get a stab in. And yes, i still stand by my previous statements.

~wickerman~

mdbull73
If Cap's shield is indestructible, how can Darth Maul slice it up?

big grin

Wickerman
Vibranium-Adimantium alloy <> indestructible mon ami. And if he's too lazy he'll just force push the damn thing too far away for Cap to reach it. This topic is pointless IMO.

~wickerman~

Superherovandal
well it is said that lightsabers can cut through anything.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Superherovandal
well it is said that lightsabers can cut through anything.

Ahem big grin

~wickerman~

Piedmon
They don't have Adamantium in the Star Wars universe, though. I always assumed adamantium would halt a lightsaber.... after all, Wolverine's skeleton was undamaged by a Sentinel's disentegration ray.

Superherovandal
either way he beats Cap.

mr.smiley
I say it's close.
Like in seceret wars,Doom had the beyonders power and cap still resisted it with his mind.If he can do that,I doubt the force would even phase him

Piedmon
Those Jedi tricks only work on the weak-minded.

mr.smiley
True but I even wonder if some of the other powers would work too

black wolverine
cap is dead but the lightsaber cannot cut through addamantium darth maul still wins he can just use the force to just choke cap like in the M&M comercial

Swanky-Tuna
He had just killed a Jedi master. Maul knows how the system works. He just killed the master and now he thought he was going to slaughter the ward but oops, Obi won was almost a master himself and was a better swordfighter.

Although I don't think anybody could take Cap seriously in a real fight wearing that costume. Until they got a couple teeth knocked out.
If Cap's shield is indestructible, how can Darth Maul slice it up?

big grin
It's debatable whether it would cut it or not but lightsabres are energy loops and Cap's shield absorbs kinetic energy.

black wolverine
cap loses badly

Wickerman
Originally posted by Piedmon
Those Jedi tricks only work on the weak-minded.

*sigh* the mind affecting tricks, yes. The force-pull/push/etc would work on Cap.

~wickerman~

Draco69
Does Maul have Force Lightening? He never used in the movie....

Wickerman
Originally posted by Draco69
Does Maul have Force Lightening? He never used in the movie....

I don't know, but if Vader didn't have it, then Maul most definitely doesn't either.

~wickerman~

who?-kid
I think it's pretty safe to assume that Captain America has faced hundreds of enemies who are at least as dangerous as Darth Maul.

Name a villain or a hero, and Captain America has fought him.

Now let me see, who did Darth Maul fight ? Hm, an older Jedi and his young apprentice. It was enough to take him down.

Draco69
So, what's your reason for Cap winning....?

who?-kid
How about being a better fighter, being smarter, being way more experienced and having faced more heroes/villains/robots/mutants/creatures Darth Maul could ever imagine...

Has to count for something.

Compared to CA, Darth Maul is a rookie with a few tricks upon his sleeve. And I am not even a Captain America fan, because he's boring as hell.

Nightstick
Captain America is going to win. Maul may have to force, but it seems to have very little combat use even against none-force users. I mean where were the ever vaunted Jedi/Sith reflexes when Obi-Wan fought Jango Fett. Don't forgot that Jango even managed to go hand to hand with Obi-Wan. Also I seriously doubt a lightsabre is going to cut through Caps shield. On that note lightsabres don't cut through everything. For instance Vaders shoulder deflected a lightsabre blow in Empire Strikes Back as did the computer/wall attachments Vader hurled at Luke. I believe in the comics and novel it is said that the armor that the Fetts wear can deflet all, but the most powerfull lightsabre blow. In conclusion if Jango Fett can go toe-to-toe with Obi-Wan then Cap should be able to take out Maul.

If this were Cap vs Vader it might be a different story as Vader seemed far more willing to use the force in combat.

As to the force choke have we ever seen it used on anybody besides Imperial officers? smile
smile

Draco69
True. Although I wouldn't call Maul a rookie. He was skilled enough to take down a Jedi Master. Obi Wan cheated...

Mainstream
when Captain America throw his mightly sheild.....anyways Cap wins

who?-kid
Originally posted by Draco69
True. Although I wouldn't call Maul a rookie. He was skilled enough to take down a Jedi Master. Obi Wan cheated...
There's no thing as cheating when you fight for your life.

radioboy121
Originally posted by Mainstream
when Captain America throw his mightly sheild.....anyways Cap wins

When Captain America throws his shield, Darth Maul can whisk it away and out of the battlefield leaving Cap more vulnerable. If the shield is indeed strong enough against the lightsaber, I would give Cap the advantage. On a first chance meeting however, if Cap does throw his shield, it's basically over for him.

Nightstick
No he'd whistle and it woud come back to him. smile

Most the time Cap throws it in such a way that it will return and it is doubtfull that Maul will realise that is the intent and simply aviod the shield and it will soon return to captain America.

who?-kid
Originally posted by radioboy121
When Captain America throws his shield, Darth Maul can whisk it away and out of the battlefield leaving Cap more vulnerable. If the shield is indeed strong enough against the lightsaber, I would give Cap the advantage. On a first chance meeting however, if Cap does throw his shield, it's basically over for him.
I doubt it. CA throws that shield of him as fast as lightning, no way Darth Maul can use the force in half of a split second.

radioboy121
Considering the force allows some semi-precognative abilities, Darth Maul surely has some chance on reacting fast enough if Cap decides to toss it.

Mainstream
they could play catch with Cap sheild and maybe have a picnic that sounds ever so lovely.jumpwoot

mr.smiley
Originally posted by Nightstick
Captain America is going to win. Maul may have to force, but it seems to have very little combat use even against none-force users. I mean where were the ever vaunted Jedi/Sith reflexes when Obi-Wan fought Jango Fett. Don't forgot that Jango even managed to go hand to hand with Obi-Wan. Also I seriously doubt a lightsabre is going to cut through Caps shield. On that note lightsabres don't cut through everything. For instance Vaders shoulder deflected a lightsabre blow in Empire Strikes Back as did the computer/wall attachments Vader hurled at Luke. I believe in the comics and novel it is said that the armor that the Fetts wear can deflet all, but the most powerfull lightsabre blow. In conclusion if Jango Fett can go toe-to-toe with Obi-Wan then Cap should be able to take out Maul.

If this were Cap vs Vader it might be a different story as Vader seemed far more willing to use the force in combat.

As to the force choke have we ever seen it used on anybody besides Imperial officers? smile
smile

so true

Wickerman
Cap will win and want to learn the secrets of the force, and namely the dark side. Why? Because once you've had black, you can't go back wink

~wickerman~

(seriously, i still think Cap wouldn't win......at least not easily)

mr.smiley
http://wolverine.x-knights.com/fullsize/wolverine92.jpg

couldn't find cap fighting darth maul but here's a pretty cool pic of wolverine fighting it out with the dark jedi

Wickerman
Originally posted by mr.smiley
http://wolverine.x-knights.com/fullsize/wolverine92.jpg

couldn't find cap fighting darth maul but here's a pretty cool pic of wolverine fighting it out with the dark jedi

wolverine's growling, Maul's grinning. Should i show a pic of the joker laughing or Batman being serious now? big grin

I get what you mean, but that pic is very inconclusive

~wickerman~

mr.smiley
I know.
just showing for fun!

Wickerman
Originally posted by mr.smiley
I know.
just showing for fun!

yeah, i noticed now. Somehow my browser (Opera) acts out sometimes and i didn't notice the line of writing.

~wickerman~

srankmissingnin
Captain America beats Maul like a red headed step child. He can't cut the shield, he isn't as strong or fast, low level tk/percog is hardly a big deal and Jedi abilities like force push/chock are hardly used in battle because it takes some deal of concentration to use them. There is even an instance in one of the comics where the Jedi are at battle with some guys (non-jedi of course) and the leader of the other army is laughing at the jedi because they are standing around with their eyes closed so the can concentrate and use the force better. Characters with out the force have killed plenty of Jedi, Durge himself killed hundreds, Grievious killed hundreds and even Jango killed a bunch.

juggernaut74
Dont compare Durge, Grevious and Jango to Cap.

Its not wise.

Wickerman
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Captain America beats Maul like a red headed step child. He can't cut the shield, he isn't as strong or fast, low level tk/percog is hardly a big deal and Jedi abilities like force push/chock are hardly used in battle because it takes some deal of concentration to use them. There is even an instance in one of the comics where the Jedi are at battle with some guys (non-jedi of course) and the leader of the other army is laughing at the jedi because they are standing around with their eyes closed so the can concentrate and use the force better. Characters with out the force have killed plenty of Jedi, Durge himself killed hundreds, Grievious killed hundreds and even Jango killed a bunch.

1. you have no way of knowing if the lightsaber can cut through an alloy of vibranium/adamantium

2. the force push/choke isn't used in battle so often against OTHER PRACTITIONERS OF THE FORCE

3. Yes, true, however we're talking about sith, not jedi. And just because many jedi got their asses handed to them by non-jedi that doesn't mean much in this instance.

~wickerman~

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Wickerman
1. you have no way of knowing if the lightsaber can cut through an alloy of vibranium/adamantium

2. the force push/choke isn't used in battle so often against OTHER PRACTITIONERS OF THE FORCE

3. Yes, true, however we're talking about sith, not jedi. And just because many jedi got their asses handed to them by non-jedi that doesn't mean much in this instance.

~wickerman~

1. Why is it that I am the only person who knows that the light sabre can't cut through Cortosis alloy? If it can't cut threw that it isn't cut threw Cap's shield (which isn't a combination of vibranium/adamantium by the way) or adamantium.

2. Or Durge, or Jango, or the Cortosis...

3. There isn't a big differance in the standard power level of Jedi and Sith. A padewan Obi Won killed Maul, a master Obi Won (who would have wreaked Maul) got beaten several times by Durge.

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Dont compare Durge, Grevious and Jango to Cap.

Its not wise.

lol! Because Durge and Jango are something special? A poorman's Punisher with a faulty jet pack and Predator rip off.... scary

Wickerman
(which isn't a combination of vibranium/adamantium by the way)

it isn't? it really isn't?
what is it then (really curious, seriously)

~wickerman~

srankmissingnin
it isn't? it really isn't?
what is it then (really curious, seriously)

~wickerman~

No one is sure, which is why it hasnt been duplicated... Vibranium and someother stuff is all I know

Wickerman
No one is sure, which is why it hasnt been duplicated... Vibranium and someother stuff is all I know

That's weird. Marveldirectory which is based off Marvel says it's vibranium + adamantium. While Marvel, the official site says it's ONLY vibranium.

~wickerman~

grey fox
ahhh yes grevious has only killed these jedi because he has been trained to beat jedi by dooku personaly he uses fear and intimidation to confuse his opponenets so they cannot concentrate enough to use the force

DarkCrawler
That's weird. Marveldirectory which is based off Marvel says it's vibranium + adamantium. While Marvel, the official site says it's ONLY vibranium.

~wickerman~

Directory is based on the official handbooks made by Marvel.

Wickerman
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Directory is based on the official handbooks made by Marvel.

Then i take it it really is vibranium + adamantium

~wickerman~

Wynndar
Cap's shield was created on accident, but it does contain adamantium and vibranium, it might have other contents...the process that created it is also irreplicable. Cap's shield has only been damaged by pretty powerful cosmic/mystic forces ie Doom w/ Beyonder's power. A lightsaber blade is constructed from arcs of gravitational energy if i remember correctly. They r still scientifically based. IMO they dont have the output to cut something as durable as Caps shield. In FF#250, Gladiator pounded his fists in a hypersonic blur and unleashed enough energy from his eyes to "level a city" and it didnt budge Cap...the shield absorbed all the concussive force and heat from Gladiator with ease, none of it penetrated to Cap on the other side...If Gladiator can produce enough extreme heat energy from his eyes to incinerate a city, yet that heat isnt even conducted to cap on the other side at all, why assume a lightsaber could cut it?

Wickerman
Originally posted by Wynndar
Cap's shield was created on accident, but it does contain adamantium and vibranium, it might have other contents...the process that created it is also irreplicable. Cap's shield has only been damaged by pretty powerful cosmic/mystic forces ie Doom w/ Beyonder's power. A lightsaber blade is constructed from arcs of gravitational energy if i remember correctly. They r still scientifically based. IMO they dont have the output to cut something as durable as Caps shield. In FF#250, Gladiator pounded his fists in a hypersonic blur and unleashed enough energy from his eyes to "level a city" and it didnt budge Cap...the shield absorbed all the concussive force and heat from Gladiator with ease, none of it penetrated to Cap on the other side...If Gladiator can produce enough extreme heat energy from his eyes to incinerate a city, yet that heat isnt even conducted to cap on the other side at all, why assume a lightsaber could cut it?

You're right, but we have no idea of knowing. Also, the light saber is more concentrated than the Gladiator's heat energy. It's like comparing a forest fire with a laser beam wink

~wickerman~

Wynndar
no its not...Lightsabers have demonstrated difficulty when melting through large portions of solid metal...just like that fat ass door in episode one. Gladiator easily poored out more heat than that...enough to incinerate a city>cutting through one single door...after 10 minutes of difficulty.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Wynndar
no its not...Lightsabers have demonstrated difficulty when melting through large portions of solid metal...just like that fat ass door in episode one. Gladiator easily poored out more heat than that...enough to incinerate a city>cutting through one single door...after 10 minutes of difficulty.

That "fat ass door" were actually 3 or 4 thick doors made of that wanky metal thingy. And the lightsabre did cut through all of them. Too bad they were being...i dunno....ATTACKED? stick out tongue

~wickerman~

Wynndar
u think those doors would have been any consolation to Gladiator's fists or optic attack???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.