Matrix Online Release Date

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alias Neo
11th June eek! not long to wait!

xxphreakxx
where did u get that information??
is that worldwide release or american?

BackFire
You should all hope that isn't the actual release date, if it is then you can rest assured that they are rushing the hell out of that game to get it out before the matrix buzz dies down (which is very close to happening). If it does indeed come out that soon then I will garauntee all sorts of bugs and mistakes, because there will have been little to no beta testing.

If you don't know, Beta Testing is the testing that is done, usually by the public, too test the games performance for different people on different computers, in different areas of the world, and using different connections. Also it is used to find the majority of the bugs in the game that the developers may have missed, also there may be some other issues, such as unbalanced characters and/or villians.

I highly doubt the game will be released at that time though. Last I heard it was slated for a september/october release, which would be alot better.

xxphreakxx
if it is released in june, there will be sumfin like a 60000mb patch for it a few months later
but i was under the impression (from the revolutions dvd) that the game will be constantly updated as you play the game, that there will be a base game and the rest is built by the gamers

Alias Neo
world wide, i think
i found it on amazon-
Amazon-TMO

Sifer
Guess none of you know about the Open Beta then...

JKozzy
Where??

JediHDM
last i heard it was slated for release in august or later, like BF was saying...

BackFire
Read my post, I mentioned the beta and that it would take the release date way past june.

Sifer
No, you simply stated that there would be little or no beta testing done. You failed to mention that there IS going to be one for The Matrix Online.

BackFire
Well it's not something that should need to be said to be known, basic logic and having any sort of knowledge of MMORPG's will suggest there would be, since just about every single one does.

xxphreakxx
i found info at RPGamer that the american release is to be on the 14 october...
any explanations...

There has to be a beta testing time... without it the game would be a shambles

Korri
in the name of Neo.....wtf? eek! WOHO!!!

Neo6.0
Someone verify this info, please. I'm watching the Revolution extras, looks like a tight game. (I see the so-called Upgraded Agents are in it. Guess the Architect is senile in his old age about programming abilities.) Anyone know the Oracle and Mero's addresses? I must know when it comes out to fix up my computer for this! wink

Korri
Happy Dance lets all eat cookies and dance!

JKozzy
Sifer, when's the open beta and how do I sign up?

VilleValo462
ya .. where can WE sign up for this ?

Sifer
Sign up for the newsletter on the official homepage. When the time arrives, informed you will be... yes

BackFire
I saw on Ebgames.com that the release date is october 14. June 11th may be the rumored date that the beta testing starts. That sounds like it would be about the right time for beta to start up.

xxphreakxx
yeah october 14 it is

JKozzy
I've been signed up for quite awhile, and on more than three email addresses cool

Lobo54
Wow that Sifer guy sounds like the biggest nerd i've ever heard! hope you like that rhyme

Korri
no expression

xeous
I don't see how this game is going to work...I just can't see it.

No lag with ANY connection? So I could dig out a 14 kb modem and there would be no lag? I doubt it...

JediHDM
it is designed so that all the moves are performed in sorta packet-like fashion...so they take up less space and still get the job done...i imagine it is like sending someone a movie that is 400 mb, and then sending them the zipped version...the zipped version takes much less space, and more of them can be sent without taking forever...

JKozzy
I would love to believe it, but I just can't until I see it. Look what happened to Earth and Beyond... erm

JediHDM
i have a hard time believing it myself, but if they can do it...more power to them...

theone0103
what are you talking about?

It really comes out on October 1, 2004.

Korri
yay!!

The Omega
So, does ANYONE have a date?
And an official source to bac kit up?
(Oh, and better late than never: Lobo54> Anymore of that crap, and I'll go mod on your sorry behind!).

Real
OMEGAS BACK!

-=Urot=-
Bows before the blond bombshell!

The Great Omega has arisen! smile

** Like I said the old gang is making its return. **

The Omega
...laughing Bombshell??!?!?!?!?!?

Not arisen. Returned from China...

Korri
Omega!!! big grin

icemaster33
The date the the game is relested is going to be on october 14 if you watch the movie it shows the release dates. As an extra on the movie scenes i herd some people disscusing the issue and if it should have a relese of the relese date and they thought the shouldent becuase like with many other game releses familys have complaned of mass hoarding on the games and their resales. The beta testing is in July at some time. They will be in many of the major citys like new york and L.A. and there will also be testing in 250 small citys. Watch the movies there are many different hidden messiges in the movies some only occur for less than a second so if you have the dvds you have a good chance of finding theses like the one right at the beging of the third movie when the are all talking in the ship you can find writing on the walls. Good luck finding them+)

bigrocket
Dude Dude it's all June 2005 rolling on floor laughing

DirectorFitz
No...it's January 11th or somthing in the teens...

cal31
lol, actually they just announced that they're pushing it back to sometime in the spring to polish it more, which I think is a good thing.

Korri
ok we need an official release date soon or i am going to go insane erm

DirectorFitz
where did u hear that???????!!!!!!!!!

DirectorFitz
You know what? I bet it was those damn beta testers! Just release the game Sega! You don't need a small collection of people to tell you how good or bad it is.....that is why you get professional reviewers!!!! If people don't like the game..they can just friggin delete their account and take the game back!!!!!!!!!!

MornGlory
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/mc101.gif

DirectorFitz
yes...merry christmas..

Korri
no expression its taking ****ing ages

Silver Stardust
I know.......

Korri
jesus..

mailedbypostman
Blah.

JKozzy
Except the game needs to work properly before they can release it! We don't need another glitchy Enter the Matrix, do we?

Wolfie
They have put back the release date on this so much. They don't realize that the popularity of The Matrix is fading and they should release it before everyone stops caring. My brother was going to get it and cancelled his preorder not too long ago.

cal31
I don't understand why people are complaining so much about them taking the time to make sure the game is the best it can be. It's great for once that there is a developer who comes out and says they want to take the time to make the game better instead of rushing it out not finished. Some people just never will be happy.

cal31
Exactly, if they would've released MXO and it was a glitchy, everyone would complain saying they got ripped off on a half finished game, yet these same people are complaining that they actually are taking the time to fix the problems before hand.

Korri
i mean, how long could it possibly take??

Wilbur650

Wilbur650
Originally posted by Alias Neo
11th June eek! not long to wait! wen does it come ?? i heard it came out march 3 is that right

Wilbur650

<<Solo>>
Feb.4th,2005

JohnConstantine
I wouldnt mind it coming out a year from today. I need time to get a fast computer and wut not.

JohnConstantine
Just read an article that came out today, The release date is going to be sometime in late Springyes

DirectorFitz
March 30th....that's what it says on the official site.

Korri
yeah but then...it will be different for anywhere apart from the UK!

IRTMU-Dragon
I happen to be in the beta test.
If this game keeps up, it should make one of the crappiest MMORPGS of all time, with a 14.99 a month price fee, and a release with no planned expansions, the fact there releasing it in June is wrong...
There is so much lag right now its almost unplayable, the buildings are nice... until you start going into every single one of them, it really takes out the fun of being able to go into every single building freely when all the levels are the same, same doors, same wallpaper, same rooms... horrible in that aspect.

The combat system is fast paced and confusing, with almost no explination im surprised ive played it as much as I have. I was super excited about this game, couldnt wait, tried for the beta, GOT IT... my expectations are non-existant, it hasnt even met my wire-fu combat expectations, as the lag makes a choppy finishing move.
The combat gets boring, as if your a tired gamer coming home from work, you still have to constantly be on your feet, quickly pressing buttons to perform actions, and heads up, if you dont press punch before the other player or NPC presses punch, your punch fails, his wins...
The fighting system is completely timed and special abilities are tedius and boring to use, they dont help, sure you can use stop bullets... when your as high a level as god, and super jump abilities in the game proove to be boring, and not so super, as you can only jump forward, and only a few paces, especially with the lag, your jump looks like more of a freaky circus act.

So far the game has nothing special, a couple missions here and there, constant pushing of buttons, lag lag, more lag, and buying clothes and new equipment is a hassle...
In a hurry, need to log off fast, parents yelling or you needa get to work or catch that favorite show? Well youd better set aside at least 10 minute before hand to actually log off, because you have to run all the way back to the phone, and even then the log off times are horrible, no folks, there is no camp or exit button, you have to be at a phone, and considering there only in major noobie areas or major cities, youve got a nice long run if your out on a mission.

Looked cool, I must say I was excited, gave it a few hours, got a trench coat I also got bored.

Yes, I and about 100 other testers did send in a full report on why the release date should be pushed back... you wanna be upset we decided this? You should be terribly happy, the game was crappy, in bad shape and definatly not ready for sale if it had been released when they said it would be, were pushing for a release date sometime during 2006, now... Theres very few missions, and attack repeats are getting horrible...
Seeing as how if your a martial artist, you use punch mainly, and your character does the same animation over and over and over again, grabs neck, punches face, grabs neck, punches face.
Also, getting to other towns is horrible, the run speed in the game is about 3 mph, and the music repeats, and repeats, and repeats. Animations are bad, missions suck as ive said, theres way to many bad guys, you go for one you get 10 ambushing you, and the guns are glitchy, when you fire they make a punching sound and the people arent affected...

TRUST ME... this is NOT a game you want coming out early, people are loosing interest in the Matrix franchise? Too bad. Because if they released it as early as you all want, especially you WOLFIE, whose brother, if he had really been in the pre-order beta, would have realized how horrible it is and needs to be pushed to even 2006, if this is the type of game you want under the Matrix franchises name, fine with me, however the testers and I will still be pushing for a 06 date.

cal31
You know logic would tell you that there wouldn't be that many missions because they are saving them for when it actually comes out, but I guess you missed out on that. And what is this about no expansions planned? If you would actually know something about the game you are talking about, you would've known that they are releasing new aspects to the story arc by having new stuff being added and written constantly with no gaps of like 5 months that other MMOs have. Did anyone else see that DC comics is making an exclusive magazine for the game and in it they will give info about the continuing story going on in the game and have details and interviews with some actual players that are playing the game. The are really using all their resources to make this the best game possible.

IRTMU-Dragon
Cal, you sound like a fanboy.
I was that too, thought this game would be excellent...
First of all, Cal31, if The MXO staff was only releasing about 6 missions per city, they would have told us that, they have a whole patcher/update system that releases all new info and plans for the game, seconf of all, New stuff?
Ive been in the test since closed beta, the only new things ive seen are bug fixes, theyve added NO new content to test, infact, theres been nothing in the new about even plans of this...

What storyline are you talking about Cal? THERES NOTHING going on in this game, you just run around and fight stuff, thats IT, there litterily is NOTHING else, sure, theres crafting, but its so glitched right now the pictures of the items you can create sometimes come out in there code format, like gun.mpq and stuff.

Cal31, I used to be that kind of optimist too about this game, believing everything they said theyd do... so far theyve proven they work very slowly, with minimal bug fixes and patch updates.

Why are you argueing with someone who is actually in the Beta test dude?
Also, lets challenge your great logic, say they hold off there other thousands missions theyve made so far, and wait for release... wouldnt these missions be filled with bugs and glitches since no one has tested them... Ever?
They release ALL content to beta testers so they can TEST it and send in feedback... theres no "were not letting you test this because its release only" Good news pal, nothing gets released without testing first.

The game im talking about, has had no new story arcs or anything of the sort being tested, its just a big empty city, bad guys everywhere no missions, and a few lamers running around spamming, ruining play time for everyone.

ALSO, that comic book thing, try City of Heroes, they send out monthly comics and stuff too, its not that special.

cal31
That is exactly what I'm talking about. You have no clue about the ongoing story being written? Have you met Morpheus, or the Merovingian, or Seraph, or Sati yet? No, because they are not letting the whole story out to the beta testers so they can go ruin it for everyone else. A new part of the storyline would not determine glitches or lag, that is gameplay alone. You really have got to get a clue if you think that all they are going to have is people running around and that they have released the whole story for beta testers. The reason for beta testers is to check for bugs, glitches, and gameplay, not how good the storyline is.

Clavis
well I dont know anything about the matrix online so could that beta tester pleaseeeeeee put some screenshots online I mean of ur own experience eek!

IRTMU-Dragon
Sure I can, but first I have to post about Cal's response.

Dude, even if its new story, it still has to be tested, trust me... I was hoping for a great game too but its JUST not ready to be released yet...

Ya dude, I have talked to morpheus, but the area hes in isent even named yet and its very laggy/glitchy, the game is junked out right now dude, its not ready.
If your talking about ingame event story lines such as machines attacking or something then that would require testing, all new events have to be tested by someone somewhere first.

Ok, this pic is of me opening the matrix online client... if it posts...

IRTMU-Dragon
Here.

IRTMU-Dragon
Heres after I have logged in through the client, this is the main loading screen into MXO, luckily I got a shot where it doesnt boot me from the server lag.

IRTMU-Dragon
This is my 4th character, the stupid game shut down my 3rd and my first, this is my main martial artist character and I have acess to most of the moves a higher level would because I am testing different spots of the game, anyways, this is the main screen right before you Jack in.

IRTMU-Dragon
After youve jacked in, you can expect to have a fun laggy enterance as The Matrix program loads, or the game actually loads... since the game is so glitchy and full of errors, this "Code time" or the term testers use to how long it takes for this phase to end before gameplay starts, it can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes.

IRTMU-Dragon
ovbiously, my code time finally finished, and with suprisngly low lag, I was able to demonstrate the opening of my inventory and I changed my red jacket to my trench coat, I also turned to face the phone exit... dont get used to them, theres about 2 in a 50 mile equivalent to real life area, you can expect log runs if you want to log out.

IRTMU-Dragon
Heres me just randomly running around the world, not too much lag, but then again I only saw about 3 testers on.

At the top of the screen you can note my special abilites, and in a moment ill challenge some of those random thugs that spawn around town that you get ambushed by and die constantly from.

IRTMU-Dragon
Im in the middle of a fight here, next scene ill deliberatly die to show u reconstruction, oh boy...
Then ill go back and show some gun fighting and more random running.

Also, notice the bar that popped up, those are all the special fight moves I can execute while in battle, such as punch, grab, kick, slam, flip over, ETC.

IRTMU-Dragon
This is death, if the timer runs out itll auto matically do it for you.

Two more shots, the next one will be of a quick gun fight and then one last random picture.

IRTMU-Dragon
Ok, here it is. Me doing some up close shooting attacks and stuff.

Last picture will be of me sprinting... I guess.

IRTMU-Dragon
And finally, me running off.. into the? Sunset?
If there was a sun in this game &gt;.&lt;

Anyways, this has been my matrix picture stuff...
Dont challenge me again.

Clavis
OMG thanx I really appreciate it, I couldn't stop laughing at ur name though Meatwad is sooo random laughing good thoug thank you verry verry much I think this is a much better indication of what the game looks like then the screenshots on the matrix online itself.. they make it look way better on these screenshots which is a pitty really. Thanx so much anyways. It seems so much duller in real gameplay though. eek! THANXXXXXXXX winkiss

DenKi
Are you really joking? Why do we have to wait untill June?

Its been long enough already fs?

Clavis
no he is not joking, the game needs te be prepared well since there are allot of people who are gonna try and bring it down as in critics and stuff, as you can see for yourself its not such a spectaculair game afterall they need people to really want to play it. happy

Silver Stardust
Damn them bumping the date again...it was supposed to be out this week!!! miffed

DenKi
takes the piss really, i dont care, they will loose the money becos we have to wait for so long and ppl wont be interested

cal31
And you're one of the people who would've complained if they had released the game now and it was all buggy and glitchy. You can't have everything buddy.

IRTMU-Dragon
Those screenshots of me? Ya, guess what... Thats all is in the game... Or the only thing to do really... Battle villains... thats it, thats IT... Theres missions upon missions upon missions of the same thing over and over with different wording and in the same building, you fight villains, get money, improve abilties, fight villains, get money, improve abilities...
What you saw in my screenshots... was pretty much the only thing to show.

cal31
Yup, in Beta that is.

Clavis
so there's a difference in missions in non-beta versions? huh

cal31
Well yes, they don't release all the missions and storyline for Beta that are going to be part of the game after it is released. First of all, they don't want to give away all the secrets of the storyline and ruin the experience of that game, and secondly the storyline in the beta version has no way of being as far along in the storyline as it will be in 2 years after it is released. So right now there is no way that the beta version allows people to play everything that will be in the game.

IRTMU-Dragon
I think what cal is trying to say, is that at the original release date, theres going to be missions, but they will slowly add new missions and more content... just like every other mmorpg.

And, no, im sorry to burst your bubble Cal31... but The Matrix Online is not going to be like a online book, which is what your making it out to be.

Korri
smile oh.

Clavis
he knows coz hes a beta tester smart

eek!

IRTMU-Dragon
Duh.

cal31
George W. Bush is the President of the United States, yet he had no idea if Iraq had WMD, but he still said that was the reason we went to war. Just because a person is involved doesn't mean they know a thing about what they're involved in.

IRTMU-Dragon
At least im actually involved in the beta, thats more than you can say.

cal31
Good for you, I'm sure you'll go far in life because of that.

IRTMU-Dragon
I detect a small bit of jealousy.

cal31
Dragon I suggest you read this before you make yourself look like an even bigger idiot, if possible: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-matrix-online/587225p1.html
Once again, it only proves that barely any of the storyline is in the beta version of the game, so no you haven't played even close to what the real experience will be like.

IRTMU-Dragon
Cal, I dont care what you say, im in the beta, I know way more than you ever will from reading those crap reviews, because im actually in it.

MARCH 22ND! AND THE GAME WILL BE RELEASED.

DenKi
FS, why cant i be in the Beta...

They let all these people with complete shite do it and even tho i was like the 1st people to sign up for it lol fs..

DirectorFitz
I've heard March 30th from Gamestop....but maybe they're wrong

Myndon
according to the online newsletter thing for the matrix online game, it "Launches March 22, 2005 in the US and April 8, 2005 in Europe." so i'd assume it comes out on those dates in all shops smile

DirectorFitz
unless they find something else wrong with it..........man, I hope that does not happen again! I assume the beta stress tests went well beta players????

Korri
March 22? hmm..

Mandorallen
it doesnt lok that gr8

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.