New Matrix game: The Path of Neo!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DaRtH_mCnAztY
It looks awesome, so much better than Enter the Matrix ever did: u are actually playing as Neo this time around, going through the change of being human to the ONE. your playing through the first Matrix movie and beyond Revolutions, it looks nazty and is coming out in November on all systems except Gamecube, sorry. But still its a sick game.......... oh ya and the end sounds awesome, u know how neo pretty much lets himself die in the end...u get to change that depending on ur choices throughout the game!!!!!

Its gonna be sick, any questions just askNew Matrix Game: The Path of Neo!!!!!!!!!!

DaRtH_mCnAztY
this games gonna :rock rock i cant wait!!!!!!!!!

xeous
Wow that's a pretty tight link that you gave us.

DirectorFitz
Wow, I just hope it doesn't half ass like Enter the Matrix did in some places. I mean come on...now they aren't pushing the game to coincide with a movie release...so they should spend WAY more time on it.

Magee
I could'nt beleive it when i saw this in a gaming magazine. I was like "Playing as NEO!! Holy shit". Its gonna be amazing.

DaRtH_mCnAztY
ya itz gonna be ill bunny

DirectorFitz
hmm...not a lot of news since, eh?

b-dan
you found out now ive known for 3 weeks an di got pictures it will probly suck matrix is dead the rule but merchandiez god thos to guys the brothers have they made any other movies other matrix god

StinkFist462
god damn where does this guy come from? GET AWAY

DirectorFitz
Originally posted by b-dan
you found out now ive known for 3 weeks an di got pictures it will probly suck matrix is dead the rule but merchandiez god thos to guys the brothers have they made any other movies other matrix god

WHAT????

b-dan
Originally posted by DirectorFitz
WHAT???? this months psm magazine dude

FallenForever
WHAT????

oh i thot you said pms issue

Lana
Originally posted by b-dan

This thread is a month and a half old. Look at the date before posting bullshit, please.

Korri
I have nothing more to say.

DirectorFitz
This is going to be sooooo much better than matrix online

fruits
what date is this bad boy comin out
?

DenKi
POSTS SOME PICS..

((The_Anomaly))
yes this game really does look amazing, i hope they do it right.

full flight abilities, you can see levels in code, jump inside people and blow them up....on and on and on...

i cant wait.

DirectorFitz
I cannot wait for this!!

Here are my reasons why:
1. Playing as "The One"
2. The great graphics!
3. The gameplay, the trailer really makes you want to play it.
4. Playing through all of Neo's great battles(Metacortex, The Dojo, Lobby Shootout, Neo Vs. Smith (1st), Neo vs. Three Agents, Flying, The Burly Brawl( speaking of which, the new hardware technology will be able to handle up to 1500 Smiths), The Chateau Fight, The Final Fight in the street (which will have over 2000 smiths watching you fight Smith/Oracle)) and other levels that have to do with side missions not seen in the films and training.

kamikz
Yeah it really sounds great, I just hope you get alot of freedom like in the Zelda games and not only level based.

Movie_Geek_
"it looks nazty and is coming out in November on all systems except Gamecube, sorry."

S***. That figures the only system I have is Gamecube. I will still fined a way to play it ! I can not Wait!

((The_Anomaly))
yes i only have a GC too.

my friend has a x-box and PS2 so its fine, since we rent the same house.

plus i dont care so long as i get to play my Zelda!

vader519
They just announced the release date. It will be out November 15th.

JKozzy
Excellent.

TX!
i definetly can not wait for this game especially after the stuff i saw that is gonna be the best matrix game ever

Superfly4000
Read This:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=60024

DirectorFitz
Originally posted by Superfly4000
Read This:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=60024

NIIIIIIIICE

Superfly4000
I know, i'm so excited. i got my PS2 dusted off and everythin!

DirectorFitz
I preordered it today! Happy Dance

and there are more pics up at www.ign.com

just search for Path of Neo

DirectorFitz
wow.....go to IGN now..and see the new screen shots...

DirectorFitz
WHAT THE HECK??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? wow this forums dead...

Superfly4000
sadly, it is.

DirectorFitz
Official site is up:
http://www.atari.com/thematrixpathofneo/US/site.html

StinkFist462
am i the only one who thinks this game looks like shit?

cal31
Originally posted by StinkFist462
am i the only one who thinks this game looks like shit? Umm.. yeah. Why the hell do you think it looks like shit? Keep in mind all of the footage and clips shown are from the PS2.

StinkFist462
looks like shit was the wrong term i used. just the game in general, to me, seems to be a failure. much like ETM was.

vader519
ETM really was not a failure. It did well, and it was a great game to play.

DenKi
ETM was rubbish, it got EXTREMLY BORING after awhile of playing.

This game looks much better

freemind
Originally posted by StinkFist462
looks like shit was the wrong term i used. just the game in general, to me, seems to be a failure. much like ETM was.

ETM wasn't really a failure. It could have been much better if they didn't rush it. People treat it like it is the worst game ever based on a film. It's not by far, it was just average in my book. Not particularly good or bad. This one does look better and the fighting loots pretty cool, but I wont judge it until I play it though.

DirectorFitz
Okay, it's time to bring this thread back up, now that it's coming out on Tuesday. I have mine pre-ordered for PS2, and it looks great. Check out the GTV trailer on www.gametrailers.com, just search for The Matrix: Path of Neo and it should be on that page and with a choice of whether or not to watch it in regular or HD (.....i recommend HD)

DirectorFitz
Oh what the heck...this game is going to be the last thing keeping this thread alive!

JKozzy
One word:

Whoa.

mailedbypostman
I've checked some sites, it's "okay." Okay.

DenKi
I have the game and its quite good

JKozzy
Impressive. Most impressive. I've finished the first movie's plotline, and I must say: kick-ass. Battle system's good, graphics are alright, though the character models are good. Too bad they couldn't get Keanu or Carrie-Anne to come voice their characters, but a nice touch to have Lawrence Fishburne.

cal31
Very good game, and I love the satirical manner they present te game in. Word of caution, do not take the game too seriously or you will set yourself up to be a little dissapointed. The ending made me respect the Bros. even more in how much they like to go against the norm. and prove their point in a different manner.

DirectorFitz
For those who have the game for ps2

Does anyone know the combo to do the spinning move with pole, like in the movie? its in there, trust me, I say it on an in-game video

Neo6.0
Here are some videos.

http://pon.ninja.at/

And the ending. Wah! When will Blockbuster have a copy for me to rent?sad

media.putfile.com...
media.putfile.com...
media.putfile.com...

Neo6.0
Grrr. Opps. Go here for ending. Oh and Spoilers!

http://media.putfile.com/ending-part-1

http://media.putfile.com/Ending-part-2

http://media.putfile.com/Ending-Part-3

JKozzy
Noooooo I must see it myself sad

Solo
Once they make a Matrix game that's not for the PC and is online, I will get it.

Too bad this isn't online.

random task
was it just me or this game was easy?

and "we are the champions"? what gives?

JKozzy
SPOILER TAGS.

DirectorFitz
They just wanted a more videogamish ending

Koala MeatPie
Currently getting it off NewsBin Pro.

4.57 mb/sec

Wooo.

VenomVA
I have it, it's ok...wish it had the voices from the movies in it!

Morpheus
raver the burly brawl fu#kin rocks raver

Morpheus

random task
you have to beat every difficulty setting to unlock the cheats. there are np codes to put in. the cheats are already built into the game, you just have to activate them.

Morpheus
beat the game smile smile
talk about that ending wink cool
wait til you see it...wow smile sad

DenKi
The Game kinda sucks now, since there is NOTHING to really do after you have finished it.. And theres not alot of Moves, you find that your doing the same ones over and over...

random task
yeah. they should've recycled the VS feature, like the one in ETM.

DirectorFitz
Originally posted by random task
yeah. they should've recycled the VS feature, like the one in ETM.

except, you know...make it good. And not crappy

random task
yeah. and more characters. like the twins.

Morpheus
it would have been good if you could play as Smith too

ChaoticReign
Terrible game. I only enjoyed playing it through because I love the matrix. The game was buggy, poorly coded, and framerates dropped to nearly unplayable levels at random sometimes. And it isn't my computer because I get 69-70 fps in halflife 2 settings maxed with hdr on.

Stealth
Just by a show of hands... How many people here actually pulled off the combo "The One"

NineCoronas
Eh, not me. I never got close.. I think the toughest move I could pull off was the one where you spin two enemies at once and then throw them.

Ushgarak
It is somewhat telling that some reviewers are saying "At least EtM had x, y and z going for it..."

(normally referring to the decent footage and voice acting)

So they haven;t even topped EtM, and that is after shamelessly pandering to the fans by giving you control of Neo- the intiial reticence to do was something I thought praiseworthy.

EtM, other than the driving sections, wasn't that bad- but then Prince of Persia came out and shat on it. They needed to raise their game here, and didn't.

With Matrix Online now condemned as "Some nice ideas but totally cocked up" we now have a franchise that was BEGGING for decent gaming adpation totally fail to deliver.

Boo.

NineCoronas
If anyone wants the song from the Club Hel fight (The Key in Blue Pill Rescue) I have it.

JKozzy
I need to play this game again, I got about 3/4 the way to the end and my memory card got erased.... *(@#&^$(@#$.... it's been long enough that I think I can start this game up again.

ragesRemorse
I thought the game was fairly decent. It definitely had great potential, however, i think this was compromised due to the rush of getting it out on shelves. The action was cinematic and when you actually pulled off some matrix moves without the camera getting in your way, you felt like Neo..if not just a little bit. I think the cinematic design they went with hurt the hit detection. When i wasnt executing a grab combo, i didnt feel like i was actually hitting anyone.

I liked the way the story was set up aswell as the ability progression. Being a matrix fan i give the game a 7/10 being a gamer i give it a 5.5/10. The camera became your worst enemy in the game, and im not even going to mention the glitches...but as a matrix or a john woo type action fan, there is much fun to be had here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.