Sci-Fi/Fantasy Forum?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Soth
Yes, I know we have a forum for Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and other movie like that, but I'm asking if we should have a forum for the 'other' Sci-Fi/Fantasy movies, like Van Helsing, Underworld, Movies based off of Michael Chrichton books, Dan Brown books, graphic novels (LXG, From Hell), or anything like that.

The question is, what do YOU think?

This is my 100th thread btw laughing Happy Dance

Dvae
The question is: why aint this in the news and questions forum?

Lord Soth
This is just what I thought of....besides, the poll for a Sports Forum was here. Besides besides, more people come to the OTF, and therefore more people will vote

Be@st
We need that sort of forum; I think that there are there are plenty of SF and fantasy fans that don't like just HP; LOTR and SW

BackFire
We actually had a thread opened like this in the News and Questions forum, the idea was shot down and noted as unnecessary.

Lord Soth
Why?! It's actually a good idea, and Be@st brought up a good point; not all SF/fantasy fans like Hp, ST, LotR, Matrix and the like....it's just as necessary as horror would be

And it's up to the voters whether it's necessary or not, really......it's the mods' decision whether one is actually made or not..

Be@st
But we weren't there then. big grin I wanna SF/fantasy forum I want it I want it I want it *starts jumping and pretends he's crying*

yerssot
the poll in the OTF about a sport section did not influence the creation of it

nor will this vote

Lord Soth
I never said it did. I was responding to Dvae's comment that it should be in the N n' Q forum. I was mentioning that the sport forum poll was in here, that's all.

Be@st
C'mon at least someone has to like other fantasy's and SFs

Lord Soth
it's really late.....many people aren't going to be on at this hour....just give it time, Be@st

Be@st
In Croatia now is 01 pm

Lord Soth
In Indiana it is now 6 a.m. stick out tongue

Be@st
And you're awake already?

Lord Soth
No, not 'already'...........'still' laughing laughing

Be@st
Oh; OK than; today I almost killed my mom because she woke me up at 08 am

Lord Soth
You mean Palm Sunday?

Be@st
Possibly; I don't even know it's name on croatian; how could I know it on english (it's pretty obvious I'm all in religion right?)

Lord Soth
Haha. andyway, let's just leave this thread along and let others vote (we'll bump it from time to time, aiight?)

Tired Hiker
Yeah, I agree. Very good idea. yes

Rambo
I think there should be a Sci-Fi/Fantasy Forum. Like the others were saying there are alot of people who like sci fi or fantasy and dont like Star Wars or LOTR, etc; like me for instance. I don't think it would be too much trouble anyway. Besides there are FOUR forums about Star Wars anyway. I mean i know that Star Wars is big and all but does it really need four forums anyway? Anyways just some thoughts.

Aqua
yes

SlipknoT
I'd like to have a scifi and fantasy forums

Lord Soth
Hooray! We have no 'no' votes! Happy Dance

Rambo
Just put all the Star Wars Forums into one Forum and there... plenty of space for 3 new forums. eek!

Lord Soth
~bump~ just because, this must remain at the top for as long as it needs to. The peoples' voices must be heard! There I go, sounding like a damn politician laughing

WindDancer
Sci-Fi and Fantasy? If you want to talk about Sci-Fi/Fantasy books, go to the book forum. If you want to talk about Sci-Fi/Fantasy movies, go to the movies forums. Simple

smile

Korri
excellent idea.

BackFire
Once again, it isn't necessary because the demand simply isn't as great as a horror forum was at the time it was made. Sci Fi films can simply go in the Movie discussion forum or the horror forum, depending on their attributes.

However, considering the already overwhelming number of forums, I think if anything is done about this, the horror forum should simply be turned into the 'Horror/Sci Fi Forum" where both types of films could be discussed. But even that would be a last resort as far as I'm conderned.

Also, the voters were the ones that voted against it, there simply isn't that much of a need for it when sci fi films can be disucssed in the movie discussion forum or the horror forum.

Lord Soth
It's so much simpler for them to have their own home, though, it's a big enough genre for that to be prudent, even if not necessary

Lord Soth
Yay! The majority vote yes! Happy Dance The thing is...this doesn't mean squat! I've talked to Raz, he doesn't feel the need sad

Ain't it fun, being in a hierarchy? Happy Dance

Storm
I know sad
*still hoping for a philosophy forum*

Lord Soth
That would be a good idea too!! But you know what? "That would better belong in the General Discussion Forum"

That would be what he says, I know it

Storm
That IS what he says down

glenn
i don't care

Lord Soth
AAAAAH! Why are the no votes going up! Vote yes! Not that it matters.....Happy Dance

glenn
i voted yes. can'y vote anymore

Dvae
just use one of these forums

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f1/

glenn
WHY

yerssot
good you realise that, a vaste majority wanted the OTF modded/slightly modded, he didn't care either

look, if raz said no, it's no, not a single thread will change that

and to Rambo,... this place started out like a star wars forum!
it used to be welcome/GDF/movie discussion/movie review (I think)/ the star wars boards/N&A...

so, instead of complaining there are so many star wars boards, be GLAD you have all the others already!

WindDancer
yes

Lord Soth
You really have a problem understanding my intentions, don't you?

I'm perfectly aware that making a thread will not single-handedly create the forum. I would certainly like one, but that wasn't the point of the thread. I wanted to know if everyone else thought it was a good idea or not.

I was not complaining, I was giving my reasonig behind the idea that, despite your best efforts, I still think is a good one! yes

so please stop jumping to conclusions!

yerssot
and it got shot down, so give up already roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Soth
Again, I'm aware of that. I know more than you apparently think I do. I know the idea was shot down.

Storm
*thinks about philosophy and sulks all of a sudden*

yerssot
than why this thread?

Lord Soth
confused I'm not exactly sure was that means....

yerssot
that storm wants the philosophy forum ... still...
but the evil Emperor Raz has made a devious plan to depress storm by not giving it

Storm
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sign/1/sign10.gif

yerssot
I was hoping you would post a smily with an X-wing... to fit the whole "evil empire" idea

Lord Soth
Hehe

WindDancer
His plan is not working is creating a large movement! Including me! big grin

Lord Soth
Yeah, I need a movement too.....~points to sig~ laughing thumb up

Lord Soth
Due to the influx of Sci-Fi/Fantasy movies coming out next year, I believe this forum could be of even greater use than I thought before. Anyone agree?

Yeah, I know...I'm out of my mind, save it

SlipknoT
name all of the scifi/fantasy movies

RaventheOnly
I would live in that forum droolio

Lord Soth
Slipnot: Aeon Flux, Constantine, Serenity, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, A Sound of Thunder, War of the Worlds, Doom, The Woods, Underworld 2.

That, plus much more, plus older threads could be moved into this forum, if it does indeed fly

Imperial_Samura
I think a Sci-fi/Fantasy thread would be great (I would like a Star Trek One, but Sci-Fi would be ok)....

Napalm
We already have a horror form why not a sci fi?

Joker1237
that would be great, Than we can talk about Crow and Tom surbo and Mike lol.

vagaryatwill
A sci fi forum would be fun...then I'd have a real place to talk about Stargate and the new Battlestar Gallactica coming up. Anybody planning on watching that?

Lord Soth
Good luck with that, this place began as a Star Wars forum stick out tongue

Silver Stardust
I've been pushing for the sci-fi/fantasy forum for AGES.

RAZ!!!! C'MON!!!

ash23
Yes, this would be so great, couldn't it be books and stuff as well as movies?

Lord Soth
No, those would still fit into their respective forums, I'm only talknig about movies here

theReject
Sure smile

Lord Soth
bump

pr1983
i'd love a star trek one also, but a sci-fi one'd be cool...

Silver Stardust
Sci-fi would be great yes

pr1983
i'd love a star trek o

JKozzy
yes Go Sci-fi!

Silver Stardust
big grin indeed.

Lord Soth
Bwahaha, support, I love it

pr1983
its needed so badly...

Lord Soth
aack, we need mroe votes

vagaryatwill
Ah com'on. A sci fi forum would be awesome. And it would be perfect timing....BSG, Andromeda, etc...please??

Silver Stardust
It would be great yes

yerssot
It wouldn't be great no

(just to spike things up eek! )

Silver Stardust
Yerss....bang

yerssot
my two favorite smileys... those not holding the bat of course

to the batcave, silver eek! naughty

pr1983
come on... sci fi forum...

yerssot
come on She's The Fastest! eek!

vagaryatwill
We could get a crew...especially with all the BSG guys/gals out there. That alone would attract.

pr1983
bsg?

Silver Stardust
Battlestar Galactica.

C'mon, sci-fi forum!!! big grin

Soth
yerss, you're delightfully enraging big grin

yerssot
oh, I can do enraging without the delight too wink

Soth
I don't doubt it, but let's just keep it the way it is

Soth
oh, come on!

yerssot
I believe you first have to wait for more interest though

Cinemaddiction

yerssot
a great section would be the "I love yerssot"-forum... books, movies, tv-shows, the whole shabang will hit the market soon eek!

that or perhaps the Terminatormovies getting that spot? or Xmen?

Cinemaddiction
Time will tell, I suppose.

yerssot
you sure raz doesn't mind you tell this?

well, that still leaves the "I love yerssot"-forum happy

Clovie
AGREE!!!!! big grin

yerssot
see! succes guarantee wink

Clovie
i'll mod it smart

yerssot
I'll post in it... a guarantee +100 posts a day laughing out loud

Clovie
only 100? sad

yerssot
we're taking it easy at the start wink

Clovie
to take off peacefully big grin

dave123
that's what I was wondering orroz

yerssot
dave, you mean the first part or the last ? messed

dave123
the confidentiality thing yes

and I guess a yers forum wouldn't go amiss stick out tongue

yerssot
my clan grows bigger by the minute wink

what will happen to cine now? will he be nailed to the cross? eek!

dave123
pistols at dawn yes

yerssot
I liked my idea more... oh... now I know why it's not used

lil bitchiness
Whats been said in the Bat Cave should stay in the Bat Cave batman

Someone please get me a batmobile smiley cry

*looks around for WD*

To the Bat Cave!! eek!

dave123
What happens the stays the

http://neven.hr-usluge.com/pictures/green_mile_the.jpg

WindDancer
yes

I was hidding in the shadows of the roof tops. batman

To the Bat Cave!!

Soth
I love 'hidding' too it is almost the same as hiding? @$$hole

laughing rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance laughing out loud Hehe, sorry man, just joking, love ya Windy

WindDancer
Soth you jester! stick out tongue Don't you know even superheroes make spelling mistakes? wink

Love ya back Lord Soth. big grin

lil bitchiness
catwoman Yeah, even super heros!!

pr1983
sci fi... yay...

pr1983
so if this forum were made would the likes of battelstar galactica, star trek and crichton have their own sub forums or simply individual threads?

SpikeSpiegel
I'ld say they would each have their own threads.

Silver Stardust
Probably.

*chants*

Sci-fi, sci-fi, sci-fi, sci-fi, sci-fi...

yerssot
my ears cry

Raz
Battlestar Galactica! rock love

Silver Stardust
big grin

pr1983
threads eh... sure why not... but (correct me if i'm wrong) wouldn't the likes of crichton, battlestar galactica and star trek have too much content to be consigned to one thread each?

Cinemaddiction
Most definately.

pr1983
nice to know someone agrees with me big grin

Cinemaddiction
Well, seeing as how there have been HOW MANY "Star Trek" movies and television series incarnations? There'd have to be a seperate, branching forum for each alone.

SpikeSpiegel
I still think they should all have their own threads. There could be one about each of the series and one about the movies.

And what is crichton? Only crichton I know is the one in Farscape (and the one in Red Dwarf with a different spelling)

pr1983
the writer, jurassic park and such...

yeah cine, i completely agree...

yerssot
the one that wrote Timeline, became a movie and never got more than 100 viewers I believe

SpikeSpiegel
Oh yeah, him. I was thinking along the lines of TV shows. erm

vaya_the_elf
*looks around to see whats going on *

Raz
We need a Battlestar Galactica forum!! yes

That show has turned me into a proper nerd! geek

SpikeSpiegel
Why not just have a whole sci-fi forum? With a Battlestar Galactica thread as a sticky. (Move in while he's weak stick out tongue)

Silver Stardust
eek! yes yes

WindDancer
Are we talking Battlestar Galactica 2004? or Battlestar Galactica 1970's?
stick out tongue

pr1983
both, give em all forums within sci fi...

Soth
Raz......have we come to a decision about the fate of this forum?

SpikeSpiegel
Don't make me do puppy dog eyes...

Raz
2004 of course. I wouldn't touch the other one with a bargepole stick out tongue It was approved a while ago. It will come in the upcoming changes being planned. They've just been on hiatus for a while. Fear not though, it will be here soon!

pr1983
there will be a star trek forum... won't there?

Silver Stardust
YAAAAAAAY!!!! eek!

pr1983
double yay...

SpikeSpiegel
W00t. w00t. Finally!

yerssot
This is a day to remember, it has seen the end of this discussion and will soon see the end of sanity

Clovie
there will be sci forum?

so i want purple status angel_not

pr1983
purple?

Soth
I worship the ground you walk on, friend Raz notworthypray

Cinemaddiction
Oohhhhhhhh yessssss. I can't wait to do some damage in that forum. Happy Dance

Soth
Huzzah!!! Happy Dance starwars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.