Forget Gas! Use Vegetable Oil!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Biodiesel....interesting....

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Savinganddebt/Saveonacar/P115218.asp

TheAnimal
thats interesting

Next Venom_girl
Yep, Ethenol (corn biproduct) mentioned that on the other gas thread. Sounds like a good idea. wink

Draco69
Too bad your cars smells like french fries...sad

Next Venom_girl
How is that any better or worse than the smell of gasoline?

Draco69
True. It's just......weird.

Darth Revan
Nobody's heard of this before? confused

gls
its been talked about for a while...
but i think it might take a while for veggie oil to catch on :P

TheAnimal
wouldnt veggie oil burn faster than regular oil?

Next Venom_girl
Well, there is a considerably larger supply of it then there is of other fuels such as oil or coal. It's a corn biproduct. What are most of the central states made out of? (Rhetorical question, suffered through many a road trip through Kansas, Nebraska, Misouri, Iowa, etc corn fields as far as the eye could see.stick out tongue)

PVS
problem is, if EVERYONE used it as fuel, would there be a substantial supply of it?

RedAlertv2
probably not, but maybe the government could create a way where every car could use x amount of gas and y amount of vegetable oil to keep either one from running out quickly

Darth Revan
Just like how they've worked out a system where everybody is allocated a certain gasoline usage each day, to prevent people from making oil companies too rich? roll eyes (sarcastic) They COULD do that, but they never would. Having gas prices so high suits them fine, they'd never endorse an alternative fuel source like that.

Curl_Up&Dye
i heard that theyre actually planning a form of alt. energy with i think lima beans or something of the like

Draco69
Thank god if it works. The world would be a MUCH better place. I guarantee you that a least a dozen wars would end if the the alternative was better than the original.

big gay kirk
We who have had agricultural connections have known for many years that mixing vegetable oil with Diesel can save you a bob or two.... we always used to put a litre of veggie in with the diesel ion the tractor and Landrover at my mate guy's farm.... especially in winter, as it stops the diesel thickening... also, unlike mixing petrol and paraffin, its totally legal in the UK to mix veggie oil and diesel in a road vehicle!!

Morning_Glory
so vegatable oil is ok to use???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.