Touchy, Touchy People

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
Sheesh. I have a friend like this who gets himself all in an uproar about the stupidest things (he's a far right-winger, moreso than myself). For instance, I was excited by the new game being developed by the fellow who is behind all of the Sims games (not the THE Sims, but SimCity, SimCopter, etc.). In said game, you start off as a single-celled organism and kill and eat stuff until you evolve. You get to choose how you evolve and eventually move out of the petri dish and onto land (or, I suppose, into the sea) where this process continues. Eventually, I guess you can create a civilization that extends even to space.

I was drooling at the prospect of this game (Spore), and he just goes off about how it is left-wing propaganda and how it shouldn't even be produced, blah, blah, blah, taking over society...and I end up at a loss for words.

I'm not going to tell him to shut up--that is terribly rude, you know--so I just "rode out" the storm.

*Shrugs.* What do you do with people like this?

IT'S JUST A GAME.

(He also got upset about Constantine and Dogma. However, the best part is that he reprimands people for swearing and yet you should hear the filth that comes out of his mouth--it isn't swearing, it is vulgar and sexual and completely hypocritical. Rawr. That's my pathetic attempt at venting.)

shaber
It's muddled thinking to use terms like "right/left wing" these days since there are so many modern issues. You mean that he has neo-puritan views?

rubber dickie
you should keep this friend of yours. he sounds entertaining.

Ken Kenobi
He sounds like a person with too much time on his hands to think about politics.

FeceMan
Originally posted by shaber
It's muddled thinking to use terms like "right/left wing" these days since there are so many modern issues. You mean that he has neo-puritan views?
His views pretty much parallel the new Pope's.

Afro Cheese
You should have just told him to shut up. Don't you ever make fun of your friends for saying something stupid? If you don't they'll keep talking like that and make a fool out of themselves in front of everyone they speak to.

shaber
I expect you know about that.

shaber
Originally posted by FeceMan
His views pretty much parallel the new Pope's.

I would have imagined him to be rather old in that case. The new Pope's views would have been perfectly standard for centuries.

PVS
all the more reason you should join the left.
you and your buddy can be like the odd couple.
i smell sitcom

IceWithin
Sheesh. I have a friend like this who gets himself all in an uproar about the stupidest things (he's a far right-winger, moreso than myself). For instance, I was excited by the new game being developed by the fellow who is behind all of the Sims games (not the THE Sims, but SimCity, SimCopter, etc.). In said game, you start off as a single-celled organism and kill and eat stuff until you evolve. You get to choose how you evolve and eventually move out of the petri dish and onto land (or, I suppose, into the sea) where this process continues. Eventually, I guess you can create a civilization that extends even to space.

I was drooling at the prospect of this game (Spore), and he just goes off about how it is left-wing propaganda and how it shouldn't even be produced, blah, blah, blah, taking over society...and I end up at a loss for words.

I'm not going to tell him to shut up--that is terribly rude, you know--so I just "rode out" the storm.

IT'S JUST A GAME.

(He also got upset about Constantine and Dogma. However, the best part is that he reprimands people for swearing and yet you should hear the filth that comes out of his mouth--it isn't swearing, it is vulgar and sexual and completely hypocritical. Rawr. That's my pathetic attempt at venting.)

anyone who gets offended by "dogma" has issues laughing out loud
the movie's hilairous

Jackie Malfoy
Some of my friends are like that.I just ignore it.JM

Clovie

IT'S JUST A GAME.

(He also got upset about Constantine and Dogma. However, the best part is that he reprimands people for swearing and yet you should hear the filth that comes out of his mouth--it isn't swearing, it is vulgar and sexual and completely hypocritical. Rawr. That's my pathetic attempt at venting.) i dpn't get the person messed
what's wrong about having a game about evolution? it can be very educational

and that swearing thing. i don't get it. messed

Bardock42
And dogma rocks but......

"nothing is more important than saving the planet from republicanss.......republicans are ruining the earth......" ahhh South Park is great.

Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
Some of my friends are like that.I just ignore it.JM

Some of your friends What the f**k?

finti
I dont know if I should look at the irony of this since it came from the guy who got a problem with a guy changing his shirt in front of him

debbiejo
At some point your gonna have to start saying something back to him, You'll get tired of always riding the storm out.

That new Sims game sounds kinda cool.

DarkCrawler
I does.

Swanky-Tuna
I'm not going to tell him to shut up--that is terribly rude
You could always use blinding sarcasm. Like "It'll only be a fraction as fun as the game coming out next month about <insert extremely boring action that fits perfectly into his views>."

FeceMan
Originally posted by finti
I dont know if I should look at the irony of this since it came from the guy who got a problem with a guy changing his shirt in front of him
That is completely different--is it really proper for an individual to be walking half-naked around the classroom? This is just a videogame.

MC Mike

finti
with the headline like this Touchy, Touchy People it aint

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.