Mace Windu vs Tulak Hord - Who's the Greatest?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wanderer259
How was this not done before? I checked; if it was and I didn't see it, my apologies.

The (arguably) greatest Jedi duelist vs the greatest Sith duelist collide! Each has no true equipment but a single bladed saber, colored appropriately, natch. Setting: Geonosis colosseum. Force powers are unrestricted.

Some key notes:

- Mace is allegedly the first Jedi to complete the seventh form with his personal extension - Vaapad.

- Mace is a lightsaber dueling prodigy, but Tulak's title is supposedly absolute.

- Tulak's form is unknown (at least to me); it'd be helpful if someone in the know could either lay it out there or at least analyze the way he fights and attempt to label his style as best as possible.

Game on!

jackstain
Mace is cooler.

Darth_Nefarus
Damn, this would be quite the battle. But Mace excels when facing more powerful foes because Vaapad allows him to channel both sides of the force into his body and truly become one with the force, not just a side.
Even if Mace did win, he'd be beat up and bloody and would likely die from internal injuries.

Fishy
Mace loses...

Mace is great, but he did not fight opponents during the gold age... Being the greatest fighter today is a great achievement but not even close to being the greatest fighter 600 to 2000 years ago.

Mace is great but Tulak simply fought more opponents in a time when there were more Jedi and Sith... Mace should have lived back then, it would have been a fight of hell between the two of them then.

Darth_Nefarus
Okay, just because they lived in a time where there was more combat, doesn't necessarily make them better. Experience wise, yes, but as for power we don't really know.
I do know Mace is a bad man and he invented his own form of lightsaber combat when he was 12
Mace wins

Wanderer259
Well, to be honest, Mace didn't invent his own form -- he invented a new part of it. Vaapad is still essentially Juyo. I think the difference is that Mace includes the Shatterpoint technique; I think there might be more of a difference but I haven't found it yet.

So he didn't make his own form, but he did invent a new technique. Or I think it's new; I haven't read Shatterpoint, just of the technique with the same name.

I'm getting really close to just doing a lightsaber combat study and possibly posting it.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
Okay, just because they lived in a time where there was more combat, doesn't necessarily make them better. Experience wise, yes, but as for power we don't really know.
I do know Mace is a bad man and he invented his own form of lightsaber combat when he was 12
Mace wins

So Nobel who discovered dynamyte could kill the greatest soldier of 2000 years earlier because he invented dynamyte?

No way in hell... Mace is good, yes but he did not fight as much, he couldn't have learned as much. Nothing can compare to experience

Darth_Nefarus
Power can. Yoda has the experience over Sidious, but Sidious beats him

Fishy
Yoda doesn't have the experience in a fight that Tulak had, its not a good comparison

Kun-ni Habeo
Mace is one bad mother****er

Darth_Nefarus
Yes, yes he is

Naga Sadow
yes, he is a badass, but he cannot stand against hord.
not only because of the expirience, at that time, he had to fight stronger opponents, considering there actually were sith. mace faced one and lost...tulak faced hundreds and won each and every time. also, i agree with fishy, if u invent something it doesnt mean u win. tulak had techniques, that are unknown to jedi of this time, so he is in the same position as mace on that.

Kun-ni Habeo
that is bullsh1t mace wuld win

Fishy
Why? Why in heavens name would he win?

Everything shows that he would get owned and you still think he would win? Why?

Kun-ni Habeo
what shows he wuld win ??give me 1 good reason

Naga Sadow
read the previous posts and chose out of 10 good reasons why hord would win.
and then try to give us 1 good reason(key word is GOOD, not some "who looks cooler" bullshit) why mace would win. if u cant think of any, u can go 69 urself.

Kun-ni Habeo
mace windu is probably better swordsman,,hes sttyle uses dark side and tulak wuld loose i don't give a sh1t for ur storys but u don't even know who tulak actually beat,,how did he look,what colour was his ssaber....i mean it sounds irrelevant but it isnt u defend some1 u don't know ,,if tulak is so bada$$ name me 1 sith he beat,,i tell u Windu fought sidious ,that's enough ,,my point is u don't have any proof of tulaks power

Lord_Windu
Mace is my favourite character and I will defend him to the end, but I really don't know Tulak Hord that well. Until I do, I will reserve judgement.

Bobafetty
Mace, Mace, Mace.

xxxpoppunker182
well tulak vs mace. tulak would more than likely go offensive right away so mace would be defending(dur). mace would use his technique if fighting which would channel him more power and jedi are very good at defenseive stuff. Tulak has the experience in the field of actually doing it. then again when it comes the force and stuff experience doesnt really matter sense you can look into the future a little bit. it would be one rad fight to see.

personally i think mace would win. i'm not tryin to be mean or a doosh or anything but i think when you look at everything in general most of the people posting stuff favor the sith( i do too) but i really do think mace would win in ep3 he's on defense from sidious but then after he defends and whipes out his lightsaber ability he kicks his ass until anikin interferes.

Darth Mantis
Tulak Hord.

Darth_Glentract
Tulak also had the greatest armor that I know of. It increased his strenght (like Revan's Robes, but even more), could withstand several direct lightsaber hits in the same spot, did not restrict force powers, and was said to be the greatest with a lightsaber. None before him or to that point were better, and no one after him was ever said to be better. I have another theory about him and Ajunta Pall, but I won't post it right now because I am working out some of the bugs.

Tulak wins.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Kun-ni Habeo
mace windu is probably better swordsman,,hes sttyle uses dark side and tulak wuld loose i don't give a sh1t for ur storys but u don't even know who tulak actually beat,,how did he look,what colour was his ssaber....i mean it sounds irrelevant but it isnt u defend some1 u don't know ,,if tulak is so bada$$ name me 1 sith he beat,,i tell u Windu fought sidious ,that's enough ,,my point is u don't have any proof of tulaks power

Mace is probably a better swordsman? Yes, you must be the probability expert.

He uses a dark side style? No, he doesn't. Vaapad courts the dark side, but never truly says yes. It's not totally dark.

We don't even know who Tulak really beat? Yes, we do. Everyone that came before him. Do you know the names of all of Mace's kills? Didn't think so.

How did he look? Well, humanoid. Probably had at least one arm. He could be a weeble, he still kicked ass. Looks has no relevance.

What color is his lightsaber? What color is Mace's nipples? Who cares? Means nothing.

We have this proof of Tulak's power... His knowledge of lightsaber combat was highly sought after by all following Sith. Kreia called him a champion among champions.

Revan Darkstar
mace windu is probably better swordsman,,hes sttyle uses dark side...

might I point out that Tulak uses the dark side as well, being a sith lord and all.

I say Tulak, for the reasons already posted. I'll come back later and finish this post, anyway, got to go.

Fishy
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
well tulak vs mace. tulak would more than likely go offensive right away so mace would be defending(dur). mace would use his technique if fighting which would channel him more power and jedi are very good at defenseive stuff. Tulak has the experience in the field of actually doing it. then again when it comes the force and stuff experience doesnt really matter sense you can look into the future a little bit. it would be one rad fight to see.

personally i think mace would win. i'm not tryin to be mean or a doosh or anything but i think when you look at everything in general most of the people posting stuff favor the sith( i do too) but i really do think mace would win in ep3 he's on defense from sidious but then after he defends and whipes out his lightsaber ability he kicks his ass until anikin interferes.

Nobody is saying Mace is weak, but just not as good as Tulak...

He may be powerful he may be fast he may have invented his own style, he wasn't a legendary undefeated fighter in a time when fighters were everywhere

Jyaaku
interesting theory, if jedi can see into the future how could they possibley predict ones moves, if the other had similar powers?
i mean if they could predict the future events wouldnt the two fighters just stand opposite one another and then just submit knowing who the victor was? ponder on it for a while.

Fishy
Keep on trying maybe they will make a mistake

HimoKun
Tulak was pronounced the best duelist ever. He had twice as much experience, he had twice as much skill, and he was fighting people stronger than Mace and he beat their ass. Mace is cool and good and all that, but he can't stand up to Tulak.

The Inkeeper
Well being a feared fighter in times of war didnt do Grievous much good did it?

I dont know who would win, i saw Mace gets owned the entire fight and then gets in a quick stab, like Maul's.

Either that or he gives up, like Obi Wan

Kun-ni Habeo
but maces style is much better against sith

Fishy
And you think that Tulak who fought Jedi and Sith wouldn't be smart enough to adopt to his enemy's?

HimoKun
but maces style is much better against sith

Compared to what? Against Jedi?

Darth Mantis
Tulak Hord was said to be the greatest duelist of his time.... Mace Windu would fall to the skills of his superior foe...

Lord_Windu
Yeah, I'm gonna have to say my homie Mace goes down in this one. Mace will put up a fight but that's pretty much it.

Darth_Otaku
Tulak Hord wuld own him.Though Mace is pretty badass.

Darth Mantis
Yes that is true, badass he is... But in a duel, unfortunately Mace would most likely fall in this match...

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Wanderer259

- Tulak's form is unknown (at least to me); it'd be helpful if someone in the know could either lay it out there or at least analyze the way he fights and attempt to label his style as best as possible.

Game on!

In my oppinion Tulak uses Makashi as nearly all great lightsaber or saber duellist did especially when they were Sith.

Now the hard work:
Mace was not able to win against Dooku when Dooku was on the LS and assuming Tulak uses the same fighting style with even or greater knowledge and more fighting experience Mace would lose.

Throwing in Vaapad might not help him. It is great against Dark Side charakters because their emotions would make them vunerable. But Makashi is a very precise form and the users are very concentrated while fighting so Maces Vaapad would not aid him very well here.

I'd say Tulak Hord wins.

Fishy
From what i gathered Tulak doesn't use any of the forms... He uses his own special mix

Darth Mantis
He probably uses another style like Dun Moch or the other styles than the original seven...

chingchangwalla
Mace, obviously. He still is the greatest duelist in Jedi history smile

Jmanghan
Good fight, Mace wins though.

I can see Tulak edging it if he decides to throw some TK and Sorcery in.

Jmanghan
Tulak Hord is stated to be the greatest of the Sith Lords in terms of dueling up to the point of KOTOR II.

Not just the Ancients, it just depends on whether or not you believe Kreia and Avellone.

Even without that accolade, Hord is still repeatedly said to be a legendary duelist.

SunRazer
Mace is better than everyone that Hord is "confirmed" to be superior to as well.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by SunRazer
Mace is better than everyone that Hord is "confirmed" to be superior to as well. I said Mace wins.

Based on what Kreia said, Tulak Hord is superior to Kun anyway.

But thats if you wanna believe Kreia and Avellone.

McP
Mace is greater but Yoda is greatest.

GM Yoda
Mace Windu.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.