Anthologies of Kane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nataku8188
Author's note- This is the first time I've released ANY of this work to the public, but hell, whatever. It's the first story in a series of short stories revolving around a character who goes by the name Kane Darkfang. There is no order to the stories, and I'll be posting them as I write them. If you have any feedback, post it here or PM me, I'd be more than happy to discuss this work, or anything else with you. Please keep in mind, some of these stories may range from several paragraphs to many pages, depending on the length of the story itself (Dur)

Nataku8188
The sound of his tears splashing in the pooling blood echoed through the hall, nothing moved, the silence was the thick kind of unnatural silence, the kind that even if you tried, you couldn't make yourself interrupt it. Kneeling, the man cradled the woman's head in his lap, his massive hands gently brushing a strand of hair from her pale face. Sunlight streamed into the hall from between the boarded windows, the dust was thick enough to see it in the light, thick enough to scoop a handful from the air like sand. He held her to him like a babe, using his wings to shield her from the outside world, if he held her like this forever... if he never let her go... would she really be dead?

A dim aqua light illuminated her face, a beam of light distorted by the thin membrane of his wing gave her an even more deathly pallor. Across the ray flitted a single blue butterfly, casting a shadow over the woman's face for a second as it moved erraticly closer to the giant of a man. Landing on her forehead, the butterfly opened and closed its wings almost methodicly, the blue pattern drawing the eyes from his beloved.Reaching slowly with his free hand, he held out his finger like a perch, the butterfly hopped into the air and landed gracefully, its wingspan barely reaching each side of the finger. A tear rolled down his cheek and splashed in the blood, with a swift movement he pulled his finger in and pressed his thumb down, pushing the butterfly into his palm, he crushed it. No beauty in this world could hold a flame to hers, to the beauty that had been lost, never to return. Opening his hand, he dropped the crushed bug into the pile, closing his eyes, he wept.

Wiping his eyes with the back of his arm, Kane sniffed once, acutely aware of the silence, of the animals that watched him in grim understanding, they knew his sorrow. Patting the dirt with his hand one last time, he stood, the two graves were uneven and crude, the smaller one set to a bit of an angle from the full sized grave. Sniffling again, his face grim, he turned and stalked into the chapel, moving through the dusty hall, he stopped infront of the altar, the corpse of a magician lay strewn across it. Rifling through the robes, he grasped a pendant that hung around the sorcerer's neck, yanking it hard enough to snap the thin cord that held it, he held it in the palm of his hand.

Barely the size of a quarter, his callouses were larger, grunting, he stuffed it into his cloak, the armor underneath silenced by its mystical properties. Grasping the hilt of the dagger that protruded from the mans chest, he yanked it out with ease and stuffed it in the sheath on his boot. He swallowed, barely able to hold his pain and rage in check, Kane turned on his heal and strode from the chapel, shedding one last tear as he moved out and off the grounds, not stopping for his wife's grave, or even his child's, he spread his wings and took flight, damning the man who had thrice stolen his life from him.

hotsauce6548
Wow, pretty cool so far. Are we going to learn more about Kane and his wings, and the world around him in the upcoming stories?

Trickster
Presumably so!

I think they're really good!

Nataku8188
Got 3 other parts in the works right now. Hopefully finish them soon.

Trickster
When will we have them?

Nataku8188

Nataku8188

Nataku8188

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Trickster
When will we have them?

Here's one of them. Feel free to PM with comments, questions, etc. Feedback here is fine, but try to limit it, don't want this thread to become cluttered.

CorderaMitchell
How long ago did you start all of this??

Nataku8188
I been writing Kane stories for about 4 years. These are newer ones, couple months old.

Nataku8188
New stuff VERY soon. Will be doing QandA for this week. Post any question, get an answer.

Nataku8188

DarkCrawler
Damn, this is GOOD!

Nataku8188
Thank you

Nataku8188
Any questions or anything?

Captain REX
Now THIS is what I like to see in the GenFic! Nicely done, Nataku! I hope to see more.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Captain REX
Now THIS is what I like to see in the GenFic! Nicely done, Nataku! I hope to see more.

Thank you. Spread the word, I'll probably be opening a geocities site.

Captain REX
I'll keep that in mind. smile

Nataku8188
No questions? That's a surprise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.