Dave Chapelle Enters Mental Facility

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Curl_Up&Dye
OMFG

*hyperventilates*

Chappelle 3rd season delayed

Draco69
For some odd reason....I am not in the least bit surprised.

Cinemaddiction
Interesting, I just heard he was exhausted. That's too bad, though. I love the guy, own all his DVD's. Guess it's OK for Sinbad to come back out of the woodwork.

BackFire
that's too bad, hope whatever problem he is having gets worked out, very talented comedian.

PVS
damn sad

i hope its not too serious.
but then again, he doesnt strike me as the type who would take
such a drastic action unless it was warranted. i just wish him a
speedy recovery. and whatever it is wrong with him, i hope he will be properly treated and not have to deal with this again.

D-Double
His genius finally got backed-up in his brain... sh!t... sad

... I really, sincerely hope he works things out. The world needs Dave.

Sadako of Girth
Once again, its seems that the people with the sensitivity/creativity enough to be so insightful and communicative are living both sides of the blade.... Often the funniest seem to have to battle with mental illness/depression/anxiety... It fuels them at times with their "Skewed" insights on the world, smile then wipes them out for a bit at others... sad History is resplendant with "the tragic clown" thing...

Indeed.... He is the creator of some of funniest shit I've seen in years.... Wishing him a speedy recovery all the way...!

(A Big ol' thanks to Smoker4 for introducing me to DC's work)

"Its a celebration, B***hes!!!!!!"

Morbid4Daniel
How poo. I Loved His Show.
"IM RICK JAMES *****"

WindDancer
Oh no! this really sucks! Dave Chapelle is one of most funniest comedians on tv right now. I hope he can overcome whatever is troubling him. sad

smoker4
I hope for his speedy recovery, i agree with you sadako, a lot of comedy genius's have suffered with the mental health problem, Paul Merton springs to mind, probably doesnt help that he smokes a lot of reefer, anyway im crossing my extremities for ya Dave smokin'

Im smoker4 ***** smokin'

Afro Cheese
Damn it, we are well overdue for a new season of Chappelles Show. I hope it's only temporary.

But if he needs treatment then it's a good thing he had the good sense to seek it.

Curl_Up&Dye
i'm upset about the 3rd season delay. but dave's health is more important than any tv show. it takes a strong person to step up and admit they need help

Capt_Fantastic
Do I suck because I don't watch his show? I'm sorry, but every single show on Comedy central irritates me. I think they have to take at least four more commercial breaks than any other network! I'm serious. The only show I can watch, and that is the result of serious drinking, is the daily show. Not because you have to be drunk to appreciate it, but because you have to be drunk to tolerate the commercials! christ!

KidRock
I guess he smoked one to many.

rubber dickie
yeah, this sucks. i was counting days for the season 3 premiere. they need to release season 2 on dvd already. the world needs a dose of dave.

Linkalicious
That's really really sad because he's a truly gifted comedian...

but this isn't that much of a surprise to me. Look at some of the skits he's though up...he's gotta be mental.

Alpha Centauri
Mental rules.

Half the musicians I listen to could be considered mental judging on their music.

Being mental keeps me sane.

-AC

Linkalicious
Speaking of which...

I heard Motley Crue just got back together....

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Mental rules.

Half the musicians I listen to could be considered mental judging on their music.

Being mental keeps me sane.

-AC

laughing A good point AC.... Especially as a fan of Mike Patton and Zappa..... yes smile

Again more proof of the Insanity/True creativity relationship....

yes

moviejunkie23
well we know he smokes the reef, and smokin IS linked to mental illness by studies

Sadako of Girth
It certainly opens things up.... yes Good and Bad, in excess....
"Everything in moderation" seems once again to be the key for the stickiest of ickey.....

Curl_Up&Dye
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
well we know he smokes the reef, and smokin IS linked to mental illness by studies

since when does smoking reefer cause mental illness? i know its been proven that dropping acid, or pretty much any form of LSD/Hallucinegen, as well as heroine and cocaine can cause mental illnesses

but ive never heard of pot causing anything other than the munchies...and after awhile making some people burn out....because its not a hard drug....

im actually kind of interested to know how they came to that conclusion, and what kind of illnesses it causes

Sadako of Girth
Well the paranoia experienced in even mild dope smoking can get a lot heavier as you go into prolonged heavy usage....
And that is a form of dellusion in its self....
...It can also amplify unstableness in the smoker too (Again, in long term heavy usage... )
It can amplify depression for example... but, even if you have been caining it for 10yrs non-stop, you can pack it in and within months you can get yourself together again, although it, depending on the sort of mindset you have, can be a nightmare to give it up....

The ones with addictive personalities seem to have to worst time of that.

moviejunkie23

moviejunkie23
http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/node/7804/print

KidRock
Marijuana increases chance of Schizophrenia

http://www.wkyc.com/health/health_fullstory.asp?id=34352

BackFire
It can also empty your wallet at a maddening speed.

moviejunkie23
and it attacks your labido and slows your cognitive ability

Sadako of Girth
LOL laughing Yep... Them too...

moviejunkie23
so yea, maybe that had a little to do with chappelle having his issues, i hope he gets better sad

Tex
"They should've never given you niggas money!" laughing out loud

Too much money, too much pressure, too much drugs = wacko

They only have 4 episodes completed out of the scheduled 10. Ten that should've been finished by February.

He really needs to get his sh!t together.

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
and it attacks your labido and slows your cognitive ability Don't forget that it causes terrorism and forces kids to shoot eachother or hit little girls on bicycles with their car.

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Don't forget that it causes terrorism and forces kids to shoot eachother or hit little girls on bicycles with their car.

oh yea that too. sorry i forgot
laughing out loud

Curl_Up&Dye
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Don't forget that it causes terrorism and forces kids to shoot eachother or hit little girls on bicycles with their car.

lol i remember those anti drug commericals.

didnt chapelle do a spoof on that?

moviejunkie23
anyway i think we should all send chappelle a get well card big grin
signed killer movies .com

Paola
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Speaking of which...

I heard Motley Crue just got back together....

eek! OM! really?

excellent! shifty

Curl_Up&Dye
motley crue has been back together for a while... like almost a year I think

ragesRemorse
dude cant take sucess.

Morning_Glory
so sad for Dave cry ... he needs his rest

Curl_Up&Dye
for the sake of dave's mental health, i hope its a publicity stunt.

but even though it is, faking out everyone by saying youre in an institution really kind of is a bad joke. i would be angry at that.

Cinemaddiction
http://i.timeinc.net/time/daily/2005/0505/chapelle0514.jpg

Since when did they start building mental facilities on beaches in South Africa? confused

Reading all these posts, so misinformed, it's funny, and at the same time, sad. Dave Chappelle is of sound mind and body. He's not in rehab. He's not in a looney bin. He's not blown his wad on pot. Read on, and maybe it will clear things up for ALL of you. After having read this, I respect him all the more for his decisions.

TIME Magazine - On the Beach With Dave Chappelle

rubber dickie
yup... i just read time magazine today. i was quite relieved to read that he's doing alright. maybe the show might make it after all.

Sadako of Girth
Excellent!

Curl_Up&Dye
thanks for the correction cinemaddiction.... it's great to know that dave is doing well, and is working things out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.