Vader's potential...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

palpy_666
I was speculating today... and a thought crossed my mind. This thought took my attention to a line from III when Vader is telling Padme on Mustafar that he could destroy Sidious. And then I remembered when Sidious tells Yoda that Vader will surpass them strength wise... Do you all think that Vader could overpower Sidious if he wanted to? And of course he wanted to... but why didn't he? I guess that's the question.

Xam
...guess well have to wait n see

gmail
The novelization says that Vader lost a lot of his power after he fell into the lava and got new limbs. It said something along the lines of Vader trying to destroy Sidious (after he was in the suit) and could feel the power, but not reach it or be able to use it.

Mist
probably not face to face.....(after he gets burnt)...

depends on whether sidious knew he'd get burnt or not....confused

astrofan428
I think un-injured Anakin in time would be able to take down the Emperor. Just not as quickly as in the game.

Lazerlike42
I think from all the discussion I've read around here it's pretty widely accepted that he can't destroy Sidious because he loses a lot of power when he falls in the lava.

Ken Kenobi
That does seem the best explanation thus far.

But as we all know, Vader does destroy Sidious, when his back is turned. stick out tongue

This brings up another discussion for the OT forum, why didn't Emperor Palpatine "foresee" Vader throwing him down the shaft while he was distracted?

astrofan428
Why didnt he foresee Vader getting deep fried?

Mist
why couldnt he forsee yoda hiding on dagobah?

astrofan428
Why didnt I foresee someone making another foresee post after I did. stick out tongue

Sodo
Vader was most definitely one of the top 5 lightsaber users in the series. He was also completely in tune with the force. This is evident in the fact that the Dark Side almost completely consumes him. But, seeing as he is "The Chosen One", I'm guessing there still had to be some good in his body to balance out the Force. Another factor in the Emperor's demise is Luke. If Luke hadn't been there yelping for help, the Star Wars series might have ended in a climax where the Dark Side finally win.

Mist
droolio climax....

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Mist
droolio climax....

Damn you Mist...I nearly spit soda all over my computer when I saw that.

Get on MSN, now!

star22
I think that the light side was somewhat clouding Sidious' mind ever since the twins were born in the same way the dark side clouded the jedi. He couldn't forsee Luke or his part in bringing him down.

Mist
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Damn you Mist...I nearly spit soda all over my computer when I saw that.

Get on MSN, now!

heeheebig grin

i cant, im at unisad

Ken Kenobi
heeheebig grin

i cant, im at unisad

Then I will just have to post my NEW BLUE LIGHTSABER SPOON in the Official Members Picture thread, so you can see it. stick out tongue

Mist
no expression not another one...you bastard!stick out tongue

i have none stillsad i needs me some cornflakesbig grin

Ken Kenobi
no expression not another one...you bastard!stick out tongue

i have none stillsad i needs me some cornflakesbig grin

I now have all 3 spoons.

Ok, I shouldn't have taken this off topic. stick out tongue

Vader's potential dropped significantly once he became less than a man, leather suits will do that to ya.

theflyxx
Originally posted by astrofan428
Why didnt he foresee Vader getting deep fried?

SPOILER................................

Actually, after Sidious/Palpatine's duel with Yoda, S/P has a premonition that Anakin is in danger.

Darth_Janus
I imagine Vader's potential is being melted down in a planet far, far away right now.

And as for Sidious not seeing stuff, well Yoda misses a lot too. In fact, if there weren't so many Jedi and Sith running around trying to predict the future, things might have actually been under control.

Mist
if thats true....that would be good...itd explain why the hell he goes to mustafar......

Sodo
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
I imagine Vader's potential is being melted down in a planet far, far away right now.

And as for Sidious not seeing stuff, well Yoda misses a lot too. In fact, if there weren't so many Jedi and Sith running around trying to predict the future, things might have actually been under control.

I agree 100%

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.