what can the laser sword of a Jedi do against the following Marvel Heros?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
against:

Hulk
Hercules
Juggernaut
Abomination
Thor
Gladiator
Thing

kgkg
The force is with you my son

Draco69
Hulk: it would hurt him.
Hercules: Ditto
Juggs: Diddly squat
Abomination: it would hurt him
Thor: it would hurt alot. If aimed well it could do some serious damage.
Gladiator: depends on his confidence.
Thing: he'd carved like a turkey.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Draco69
Thor: it would hurt alot. If aimed well it could do some serious damage.

Hercules: it woudl hurt him
Juggs: Nothing to him
Thor: it could hurt him badly.
Gladiator: Nothing
Thing:going down

Wickerman
Originally posted by Xplosive
Hercules: it woudl hurt him
Juggs: Nothing to him
Thor: it could hurt him badly.
Gladiator: Nothing
Thing:going down

ditto. However, like to say it would hurt hulk, but his regeneration would kick in. But yeah, it would hurt him

~wickerman~

hoorayforpeepee
this can be easily solved if someone will kindly provide the temperature of the lightsaber.

Wickerman
I'm actually waiting for someone to say "Oh but Hulk was shot with a giganto-laser and was still standing". That's how you know the fun's beginning in the topic.

~wickerman~

who?-kid
I don't see how Juggernaut will be cut. He IS invulnerable after all, and magic > some lightsword.

black robb
What about a lightsaber through Aunt May's cookies

Wickerman
Originally posted by black robb
What about a lightsaber through Aunt May's cookies

clearly that is the sole material to withstand the power of the lightsabre. Which leads us to believe that vader's armor was actually made of Aunt May's cookies O_o.

~wickerman~

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by who?-kid
I don't see how Juggernaut will be cut. He IS invulnerable after all, and magic > some lightsword.
Everybody who answered said the sword wouldn't hurt Juggernaut.

I pretty much agree with everybody's list.

dawsey28
starwars

Yeah I agree that they are all affected except Juggy.

long pig
The sword is supposedly able to cut through anything, but it had trouble cutting through a steel door??
Hulk will heal the wound before the sword has time to come out the other side.

Jug wouldn't realize it was there.

pretty much same as everyone else said.

Wickerman
On the other hand, it would be a wonderous sight to see a jedi trying to use his Jedi mind tricks on Juggernaught while he has his helmet on.

~wickerman~

hoorayforpeepee
Obi-Wan: (waves hand) "these are not the jedi you are paid to kill"

Juggernaut: What the f**k? ... "outta the way, grandpa" (swats obi wan back to dagoba)

Zahit
the more appropriate question would be:

can a jedi light-saber stop betageuze from posting retarded threads?

Scoobless
i've seen Juggernaut get cut before..... that Shatterstar brat stabbed him in the eye

Wickerman
Originally posted by Scoobless
i've seen Juggernaut get cut before..... that Shatterstar brat stabbed him in the eye

LOL that's actually quite brilliant. His incredible skin wouldn't protect his eyes now would it...and so the pathto the brain is opened....OMG we're on to something O_o

~wickerman~

K3VIL
Originally posted by Draco69
Thor: it would hurt alot. If aimed well it could do some serious damage.<---Ehm...NO.Thor's skin if far more durable than That of other Asgardians, he has took blasts of ionic energy from an overpowered from chaos magic Ultron at point blank distance, and he was still on his feets, he took the heat blasts of the Radioactive Man, a laser sword is nothing.

Xplosive
Originally posted by dawsey28
starwars

Yeah I agree that they are all affected except Juggy.

And Gladiator.

long pig
you've never seen jugs get cut by anything that isn't magical, why? because he can't be cut by anything that isn't magical.

Shatterstars sword is a magic sword.

And yes, jugs eyes are invulnerable with the rest of his body.

Wynndar
what about that burning stick nightcrawler hit him with?

grey fox
gladiator is a pain in the ass i mean 'ooooh im feeling like an idiot now my powers are incredibly weak' hah on those premises I could beat his ass all i woudl have to do is insult him and then kick him in the balls

Wickerman
Originally posted by grey fox
gladiator is a pain in the ass i mean 'ooooh im feeling like an idiot now my powers are incredibly weak' hah on those premises I could beat his ass all i woudl have to do is insult him and then kick him in the balls

Yes, but CAN you insult him while he's ripping the tongue out of your mouth?

~wickerman~

long pig
The burning stick didn't do any damage, juggernaut still has normal human reactions to precieved threats. It's been stated tons of times.
He does human things even though he doesn't have to, ie breath, eat, sleep, drink and so on.

Nothing physical can hurt him unless its backed by magic.

The new Jug can be hurt quite easily though.

Wynndar
he screamed and stated that nightcrawler hurt him...thats not invulnerable...we dont know if it caused visible damage or not...he was wearing a helmet, regardless, he said it hurt, and he screamed...my interpretation is that was not a demonstration of invulnerability.

long pig
He didn't say it hurt, he just was caught off guard and screamed. I have the comic, x-men #102.

Jug is about to kill wolverine and nightcralwer comes in from behind and throws it in Jug's face, jug says "ahhh!" then NC and wolvie run away.

Jug has been thrown into molten steel and didn't blink, his whole body fully covered, face,eyes and all.
And all he did was wait till it dried and he flexed his muscles and it shattered off of him.

Swanky-Tuna
Maybe he was scared. He can't have that great of vision with a helmet like that.

Wickerman
Yes. Imagine his reaction of Mercilous unleashed.....his rock O_o

~wickerman~

long pig
I dunno whats up with those two inch eye slits, he must be an awful driver.
MERC's rock is made of pure Kickassamanium and can destroy the world if not handled properly.

Wynndar
I remember him saying it hurt him...i wont be with my comic collection for another week and a half...but i own it also... i cant remember if its 102 or 103.

long pig
Nah, he didn't.
it's #102.

He just yelled, same thing when he says "ooof!" when he gets punched.
Just a normal human reaction to being hit.
Afterall, Jugs is just a normal human in a juggernaut suit.

Wynndar
well if he screams its because he's hurt. thats my opinion...just like that stretch u make about human reflex...the comics never stated it was a reflex...but u did us all a favor and explained it anyway.

long pig
Doesn't really need to be stated to make it true.
Why would he be burned by candle wax but not by molten steel?

Wynndar
r u aware of the concept of inconsistent writting? um...Juggernaut is one of the most inconsistently written characters out there. There r examples of Jugs being hurt and other of him being invulnerable...u cant accept some and ignore the rest for the sake of ur argument.

long pig
Yes, you can.
You accept the most common ones and call the unusual ones bullshit.
It's pretty simple. Hell, I think there is a rule about it here if i remember correctly.

Anyways, him using a human reaction isn't bullshit, it's just the way it is.
He was human for 30+ years before he was Jug, therefore all his human base reactions would still be in full effect.

Whats so hard to understand about that?

Wynndar
thats ur opinion...I lose my human reactions when i train for a sporting event in a few weeks...Juggernaut was the Juugernaut for a decade before he even broke out of the surface...I unblinkingly block other wrestlers shots with my face after about a week of good practice...ur argument is purely based on ur opinion...Juggernaut should not vocally shriek from flame if he is invulnerable...human reaction or not, he has been Juggernaut for years and shouldnt have regular inhibitions...Boxers dont flinch or shriek when other boxers hit them...u have ur opinion and i have mine...Juggernaut is vulnerable.

long pig
Oh no, another JP.

Wynndar
Hahaha...no sorry...Im not going to spout fables about me catching bullets..but I am a wrestler...I dont know anything about u...but if u have ever participated in contact sports u know it doesnt take long to abandon ur previous reflexes.

long pig
lol you heard that too huh? jesus.

I played football.....but I was trained, Jug has no superhuman training.
He was just a guy who got turned invulnerable.

Everyone has fight or flight responces, it's part of the reptilian part of your brain, the oldest most primal part of you.
You never lose it.

Screaming is part of that fight or flight reaction.
No matter what, you'll always have it.

MERCILOUS
looks painful to me

Wynndar
sorry man...Im also a biology major...there is no "reptillian part of ur brain" there are more primitive components but they r not reptillian. Regardless ur argument has nothing to do with flight or fight. Fight or flight is a chemical response that simply refers to activity of the adrenal glands. Ur talking about a reflex...something that is acquired. These are mostly regulated in ur cerebellum. And practically all reflexes are acquired except for one's reaction to pain, bright light, loud sound, basically any kind of over stimulation of the senses. If a person is blind their whole life and is then suddenly blessed with vision for the first time, and Nightcrawler throws a flaming stick at them, they will have no reflex to dodge the stick. They wouldnt be able to discern objects. They wouldnt know what fire is. Their brains would still be working on translating the image back from being upside down. Basically Im throwing a lot of psychological concepts that have no place in a comic book argument...but its a reaction to ur scientific approach to explaining ur argument.

long pig
The "ooof" looks painful, but obviously it wasn't.
Like I said, just a normal human reaction to air being forced out of his lungs by a 100 ton punch.

Don't you see him getting back up? He would have if the backlash didn't hit and K.O him via telepathy type deal.

Don't you think it's a little odd that the writers wrote Hulk "accidently" knocking Jugs helmet off, right before the backlash hits?
If he didn't knock his helmet off, Jugs would have just got right back up and kicked his ass.

MERCILOUS
Air being forced out of lungs he doesn't need to breath with.

long pig
Originally posted by Wynndar
sorry man...Im also a biology major...there is no "reptillian part of ur brain" there are more primitive components but they r not reptillian. Regardless ur argument has nothing to do with flight or fight. Fight or flight is a chemical response that simply refers to activity of the adrenal glands. Ur talking about a reflex...something that is acquired. These are mostly regulated in ur cerebellum. And practically all reflexes are acquired except for one's reaction to pain, bright light, loud sound, basically any kind of over stimulation of the senses. If a person is blind their whole life and is then suddenly blessed with vision for the first time, and Nightcrawler throws a flaming stick at them, they will have no reflex to dodge the stick. They wouldnt be able to discern objects. They wouldnt know what fire is. Their brains would still be working on translating the image back from being upside down. Basically Im throwing a lot of psychological concepts that have no place in a comic book argument...but its a reaction to ur scientific approach to explaining ur argument.

Well, Mr biology major, you'd know that the primitive part is called just that, The Reptilian Brain.
It comes from the evolution of reptiles to mammals.
It isn't actually reptialian as in it has freaking scales, thought that'd be a given.
It's the oldest part of your brain that holds the most primitive and basic operations of life i.e fight or flight.
Come on man, I'm the last person you want to argue with about biology.

Just trust me.
On second thought, how bout I just prove you wrong.

http://www.crystalinks.com/reptilianbrain.html
-edit-
It's late and didn't mean to be an ass with the last comment.

long pig
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Air being forced out of lungs he doesn't need to breath with.
lol, didn't me and you already argue over this??

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by long pig
lol, didn't me and you already argue over this??

HAHAHA, yeah. You make some good points man, I just don't know. I only continually argue because I really want to know.

Wickerman
I would just like to point out that the "oofff" is exhaled by Juggernaut, but the "Aaaaarrrgh" comes from the hulk wink

~wickerman~

Wynndar
well ill let u go to the neurosurgeon that uses terms like
"reptillian brain"...i dont think u proved anything...except that there's a kid in highschool with a biology assignment where he had to make a website. Reptillian brian is not technical term by any means. And my argument is still intact, Jugernaut should not shriek unless he's hurt.

long pig
Yeah, I've done the same thing Merc'.
If you read that thing about the reptilian brain, it kinda clears up why Jugs would react to certian things like being punched or what not.
I showed the link there. It might help.

MERCILOUS
I've argued your arguement Wynndar, So I hope you carry it better than I did. I would also like to meet this Reptilian Brian (not an insult it just made me laugh.)

I'm totally with Wynndar on this one though, Juggernaut, being in as many fights as he has, should no longer have exaggerated reactions to being hit.

long pig
http://www.reptilianagenda.com/brain/br121804j.shtml
http://www.terrybragg.com/Article_Reptilianbrain.htm
http://www.psycheducation.org/emotion/triune%20brain.htm
http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/~jde7/ese425/psycho/online_read_3.html
http://www.salesbrain.net/pages/references_resources.htm
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:2-4JEYoneaMJ:www.routledgefalmer.com/pdf/Behaviour.pdf+reptilian+part+of+the+brain+fight+or+flight&hl=en
http://www.channel4.com/science/microsites/B/bodystory/brave_primative.html

The part of your brain that controls your most basic instincts is called the R complex, R stands for Reptilian.

I have like 40 links or so about the R complex of a humans brain, you want them as well? Or did a kid make all these as well?

Bad day to talk about this, I just wrote an artical about it in my college paper.

MERCILOUS

The part of your brain that controls your most basic instincts is called the R complex, R stands for Reptilian.

Both of you two drop it. We don't want another CosmicCube versus Whirlysplat. That was rather queer.

long pig
I've argued your arguement Wynndar, So I hope you carry it better than I did. I would also like to meet this Reptilian Brian (not an insult it just made me laugh.)

I'm totally with Wynndar on this one though, Juggernaut, being in as many fights as he has, should no longer have exaggerated reactions to being hit.

Well, the thing is, you can't control your primal reactions.
You only can control what you do with them.

Why would Jug care if he reacts or not? He isn't very bright.

Saying "oof" to being punched in the gut isn't very exaggerated, it's actually less than normal. A normal human getting hit in the gut with that ammount of power would more likely puke up blood and die.

The reactions you do with your eyes are the most basic and primal of all your reactions, your eyes are the most important thing on your body, your R complex will always make sure your eyes are protected, especially if being taken by surprise.

Sure, MERC.
Biology is one of my favorite subjects though, I tend to get long winded when I talk about it. big grin

Wickerman

The reactions you do with your eyes are the most basic and primal of all your reactions, your eyes are the most important thing on your body, your R complex will always make sure your eyes are protected, especially if being taken by surprise.

Anybody that doesn't know this is a living testimony of a youth spent in all BUT the right ways such as trying to scare people by clapping next to their face when they're not paying attention.

~wickerman~

MERCILOUS
Well, the thing is, you can't control your primal reactions.
You only can control what you do with them.

Why would Jug care if he reacts or not? He isn't very bright.

Saying "oof" to being punched in the gut isn't very exaggerated, it's actually less than normal.

That's just the thing, it is over exaggerated for an experienced fighter.

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by Wickerman
Anybody that doesn't know this is a living testimony of a youth spent in all BUT the right ways such as trying to scare people by clapping next to their face when they're not paying attention.

~wickerman~

I use to get in alot of fights so I learned quick. Back since about second grade, Guys would go to punch me in the face and I'd stare the punch square so that I could lower my head to meet it, or I'd stare right past it if i felt it wouldn't hurt, so I could get the counter punch.

long pig
That's just the thing, it is over exaggerated for an experienced fighter.

He isn't very experienced.

He fights basically relying on his strength, stamina and durability.
Basically a brute.
Even in the comics he was called "a kid in a juggernaut suit".

His first 10 years was spent digging himself out of the ground, after that he's only had, at most, 5-10 more years of basically just throwing his weight around.

He isn't a good fighter whatsoever.
And he's a total moron.

I'm not gonna say anything else or people will think I'm an actual fan of the guy. I hate the dude, he's cheap as hell, but facts are facts.

MERCILOUS
I'm still not buying it, I as a seven year old had better reactions, and if what you say is true, then I give all Jugg fights to any other super-heavy weight on account of him being too stupid to put his shield up.

Wickerman
I'm still not buying it, I as a seven year old had better reactions, and if what you say is true, then I give all Jugg fights to any other super-heavy weight on account of him being too stupid to put his shield up.

we can't really imagine why that happens. Because once you become so large/strong/durable/nigh indestructible, why should you even care about getting hit anymore right? And with Juggs' ignorance and arrogance i've seen him not put up a guard many times. The ooof however might actually be the air in his lungs being exhaled rapidly. Not that that would hurt him (as in pain). And yes, i know he doesn't need to breathe, but he also doesn't need to eat or drink which he does, so....

~wickerman~

jinzin
draco's post hit the nail on the head....

long pig
Maybe, but sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't I have no idea why.
If he has it up, no one can get inside it to take off his helmet(Thors hammer couldn't get through his shield), common sense would tell you to leave it up constantly.
But yeah, Jugs is so arrogant, he just does stupid things.

armandovalles
I dont think any of these guys would go down.
Hulk: hurt a little, but just barely.
Hercules: hurt a little, but just barely.
Juggernaut: wont even feel it.
Abomination: hurt a little, but just barely.
Thor: hurt somewhat, but wouldnt go down.
Gladiator: if confident it would hurt a little, if not it would hurt alot.
Thing: hurt somewhat, but wouldnt go down.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by armandovalles
I dont think any of these guys would go down.
Hulk: hurt a little, but just barely.
Hercules: hurt a little, but just barely.
Juggernaut: wont even feel it.
Abomination: hurt a little, but just barely.
Thor: hurt somewhat, but wouldnt go down.
Gladiator: if confident it would hurt a little, if not it would hurt alot.
Thing: hurt somewhat, but wouldnt go down.

I agree.

Hulk has been hit by worse. He'll heal just as fast as it cuts, if the blade can even penetrate his skin.

Hercules might have a little difficulty with the saber, but not by much

Juggernaut wouldn't be cut, unless the blade was enchanted. Even then, he wouldn't be hurt.

Abomination would fare pretty well. His durability rivals the Hulk's.

Thor could take it.

Doubt it would really affect Gladiator.

Thing is more durable than a lot of us give him credit for. His skin isn't actually rock, it's a fortified type of "cosmically irradiated" rockish... substance. Did that make sense?

Regardless, Thing can take a hit from one too. Light sabers don't really impress me.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Light sabers don't really impress me.

The force is weak in you paddawan confused

~wickerman~

Cosmic Cube
The force is weak in you paddawan confused

~wickerman~
It is?

But seriously, what has a light saber been capable of that suggests it could cut anything more than human flesh?

whirlysplat
It melted the blast doors on the trade vessel in PMOriginally posted by Cosmic Cube
It is?

But seriously, what has a light saber been capable of that suggests it could cut anything more than human flesh?

Scoobless
you've never seen jugs get cut by anything that isn't magical, why? because he can't be cut by anything that isn't magical.

Shatterstars sword is a magic sword.

And yes, jugs eyes are invulnerable with the rest of his body.

hmmm.... in the Star Wars books the Jedi talk about how so called "magic" users are really beings who can use the force but don't know about the force..... being that the creation of a lightsaber is an integral part of Jedi training it may be considered "magic"

question

Wickerman
hmmm.... in the Star Wars books the Jedi talk about how so called "magic" users are really beings who can use the force but don't know about the force..... being that the creation of a lightsaber is an integral part of Jedi training it may be considered "magic"

question

I was under the impression every jedi knight creates his own light saber??? Might be wrong though...didn't read the books, it's just hearsay.

~wickerman~

Scoobless
I was under the impression every jedi knight creates his own light saber??? Might be wrong though...didn't read the books, it's just hearsay.

~wickerman~

he/she does create it.... it's one of the last aspects of their training to become a knight

Wickerman
he/she does create it.... it's one of the last aspects of their training to become a knight

Exactly. So i knew correctly. Hmm....but if it can be considered magical (which it's not but then again in the MU it might be) it could potentially hurt the Juggernaut.

~wickerman~

long pig
Hmmm, interesting.

If it is magic as you say, then it would cut Jugs, kind of like how Shatterstar cut him, but he would heal instantly.

Wickerman
Hmmm, interesting.

If it is magic as you say, then it would cut Jugs, kind of like how Shatterstar cut him, but he would heal instantly.

Yes, but then if the light saber is to be considered magical, then so would the force. And that would be stretching it WAY too far IMO.

~wickerman~

Scoobless
Hmmm, interesting.

i'm not saying for definite that it would be considered magical.... but in the Star Wars Universe magicians and sorcerers are just manipulators of the force

Wickerman
i'm not saying for definite that it would be considered magical.... but in the Star Wars Universe magicians and sorcerers are just manipulators of the force

Careful there scoob. Here's a quick lesson on n00b mentality:

Scoobless said in SWU force users are considered magicians and sorcerers...........................................i know, i'll make twenty threads of Darth anyone vs. Superman/Juggernaut/etc.
What the f**k?

~wickerman~

Scoobless
Careful there scoob. Here's a quick lesson on n00b mentality:

Scoobless said in SWU force users are considered magicians and sorcerers...........................................i know, i'll make twenty threads of Darth anyone vs. Superman/Juggernaut/etc.
What the f**k?

~wickerman~

pffff..... i wouldn't be surprised if most of those hadn't been done 4 times each already

it may only be a case of semantics.... but Force = Magic in SWU

did you catch the Vader V's Flash thread?

smile

Wickerman
pffff..... i wouldn't be surprised if most of those hadn't been done 4 times each already

it may only be a case of semantics.... but Force = Magic in SWU

did you catch the Vader V's Flash thread?

smile

I've caught the Vader vs. Spiderman thread and THAT was more than enough. You can ask mercilous.

~wickerman~

Scoobless
I've caught the Vader vs. Spiderman thread and THAT was more than enough. You can ask mercilous.

~wickerman~

Vader would murder Spider-Man

stick out tongue

and i consider myself something of a Spidey fan.... though not as extreme as some of the people i've seen on here

K3VIL
Every Jedi/Sith built his own LightSaber, but not with the use of the force, no chance for a Jedi/Sith to beat Superman or Juggy or another guy of that league.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.