Gladiator vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
who will win this battle ?

kgkg
Gladiator

Mainstream
Gladdy.

Xplosive
Somewhere equal.

whirlysplat
Deja vu anyone

kgkg
If he keeps this up Glads ......

mdbull73
Thor because Gladiator's strength depends on his confidence.

Thor does not suffer from confidence problems and he is also immortal

THOR

dawsey28
While it would be a good fight, Thor wins in the end.

Magical Hammer, Command over the elements, and Dimensional portals.

But then again, didn't Gladiator fight Surfer? If he has enough confidence to take him on, then he's have enough to take on Thor.

DigiMark007
Gladiator's confidence isn't like Hulk's rage...he's usually extremely confident, even when he's losing or evenly matched sometimes. It doesn't wildly fluctuate a great majority of the time.

Gladiator probably has more raw power. Thor has some magic, roughly equal physically, and the whole "god" thing going for him. But if Gladiator is smart about the fight, using his speed and such (which is a huge advantage for him) he should win. He might not kill Thor, but beating the tar out of him counts as a win too.

Gladiator.

-DM

dawsey28
Yeah, but Thor can still use his hammer to throw a few tornadoes and hurricanes Gladdy's way to keep from getting speedblitzed.

Although Glad would get a few hits in, Thor could go in and out of dimensions and hit Glad with the hammer.

It could go either way really.

Lord S
Thor has beaten him (literally pounded the snot out of him) before, and can do it again.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Lord S
Thor has beaten him (literally pounded the snot out of him) before, and can do it again.

I would love to read that issue anyone?

juggernaut74
Dosnt Gladiator fight at 100x the speed of light?

Or was that Pre-Crisis Gladiator laughing

Beyonder

Um, yes...with assistance from Tarene and Enchantress.

Beyonder
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Dosnt Gladiator fight at 100x the speed of light?

Or was that Pre-Crisis Gladiator laughing

juggernaut74: laughing don't mind me guys...I'm just a troll.

juggernaut74
I dont get it.

huh

long pig
Yeah, Gladiator kept up with someone who was fighting 100x speed up light.
Glad's confidence deal is hardly worth mentioning, the guy doesn't freeze up at the first sign of danger.

Gladiator could probably lift Thors hammer, he's pure of heart and all that jazz.
Anyways, it'd probably be a tie unless Glads speed blitz him, then it'd be a massacre.

Lord S
Originally posted by whirlysplat
I would love to read that issue anyone? It's in Thor #445...which is part 7 of 'Operation: Galactic Storm'.

IMO, the best Avengers crossover of all time. I'm surprised it's not a trade.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Beyonder
juggernaut74: laughing don't mind me guys...I'm just a troll.

confused what the f*c* whose a troll beer

Beyonder
It's in Thor #445...which is part 7 of 'Operation: Galactic Storm'.

IMO, the best Avengers crossover of all time. I'm surprised it's not a trade.

Masterson Thor + Living Lightning = outside assistance

Thor didn't win that one.

kgkg

Thor didn't win that one.
True Gladiator was Cleary kicking Thor's ass.

kgkg
Originally posted by kgkg
True Gladiator was Cleary kicking Thor's ass.

kgkg

juggernaut74
If Gladiator can run 100x the speed of light that means he can run over 18 million miles per second.

Does anyody else besides me think that sounds kinda off the wall.

Beyonder
If Gladiator can run 100x the speed of light that means he can run over 18 million miles per second.

Does anyody else besides me think that sounds kinda off the wall.

He's based off a Pre-Crisis character.

juggernaut74
Old school Superman was never that fast.

That is just rediculous.

dawsey28
Yeah it is rediculous but it is a comic book so logic doesn't HAVE TO apply.

laughing

Although it should sad

juggernaut74
Well If Gladiator is that fast then Thor has no chance in hell.

His magic would help but Gladiator is probably stronger and more durable then Thor. I just cant see Thor winning this fight.

Tony Stark
Gladiator was godhandling THOR all throughout even in THOR's own comic. Until THOR-girl stepped in to help him out and then Odin sent Gladiator forward to his own time because he knew about THOR's future domination over all and nobody was supposed to know about that yet. Gladiator would have killed him if he hadn't of gotten that help. IMO cool

Wickerman
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Gladiator was godhandling THOR all throughout even in THOR's own comic. Until THOR-girl stepped in to help him out and then Odin sent Gladiator forward to his own time because he knew about THOR's future domination over all and nobody was supposed to know about that yet. Gladiator would have killed him if he hadn't of gotten that help. IMO cool

Gladiator beats Thor to a bloody pulp, takes the hammer to Bronx and sells it to a dubious character and with the money received gets a haircut and his own wrestling show in Las Vegas.

~wickerman~

Xplosive
Well Gladitaor is fast, but can still lose, anyway he won't lose against Thor, he may have trouble, or maybe even not having trouble.

Lord S

Thor didn't win that one. Now wait a second...all he did was use Living Lightning as a source of lightning. Same way he would...a cloud. When he uses a cloud, it's considered a part of his power, so it should be viewed the same way here.

Admittedly, my memory is not 100%...I will have to double-check that issue...

whirlysplat

Does anyody else besides me think that sounds kinda off the wall. big grin

Beyonder
Now wait a second...all he did was use Living Lightning as a source of lightning. Same way he would...a cloud. When he uses a cloud, it's considered a part of his power, so it should be viewed the same way here.

Admittedly, my memory is not 100%...I will have to double-check that issue...

Living Lightning was dazzled from that attack. It wasn't like a cloud. He hit LL right at Gladiator, full concentration at his unsuspecting opponent. Even LL complained that that's not how Avengers should by treating one another.

joesha28
Originally posted by Tony Stark

Thor-girl fought Glads on her own dude. She was frozen. Then it became Thor vs Gladiator again, when enchantress used the unconsious olsen to strike mjolnir. And than there was a Godblast and later the two worked togerther to save a plane from crashing down. And it was back to Thor doing his mumbo jumbo with little Gladdy. Even Glads said to the tommorrow man that Thor was too powerful to be beaten. Glads amitted defeat. cool

kgkg
Gladiator is much faster than Thor and will kick his ass sad

Thor has won:
1) Outside help, 2) Surprise attacks

kgkg
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.