Isnt NOT letting you go to the bathroom in school Illegal?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morbid4Daniel
Okay true story, happened today. My best friend said she and her other friend Lauren were in class and they had a substitute teacher. She really had to go to the bathroom so she asked the teacher if she could go and the teacher said no. She sat back down and she had held it for an hour, and you all know what the effects are of that (pissing your pants, bladder infection, etc...) anyway, she got up again and asked again and the teacher got all huffy and said no again! She walked out of the room because she had to go so bad..She may even be receiving a detention! Isnt it illegal in schools for the teachers not to let you go to the bathroom?

BackFire
I don't know if it's illegal, it sucks though.

I hate teachers on a power trip like that, your friend shoulda just pissed on her desk.

dave123
You're old enough to hold it in once you reach a certain age stick out tongue

jaden101
they should ask to speak to the head teacher and put their point across without being petty and childish

WindDancer
Why not go to the bathroom before going to class?

In this case we're talking about substitute teachers. And let's be honest. Some of them are utter idiots who sit in a desk, read the newspaper, and tells the class to read the book. I'm sure a report from a substitute teacher isn't a big thing. I'm not sure if it is illegal...but you can always have your parents make a complain to the school board.

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Morbid4Daniel
Okay true story, happened today. My best friend said she and her other friend Lauren were in class and they had a substitute teacher. She really had to go to the bathroom so she asked the teacher if she could go and the teacher said no. She sat back down and she had held it for an hour, and you all know what the effects are of that (pissing your pants, bladder infection, etc...) anyway, she got up again and asked again and the teacher got all huffy and said no again! She walked out of the room because she had to go so bad..She may even be receiving a detention! Isnt it illegal in schools for the teachers not to let you go to the bathroom?

that is just not right... but why are you guys still having to ask to go to the bathroom in highschool!

at my highschool- if you had to go .. then you just go (one at a time, of course) but you didnt need to ask or interupt the teacher...

erm

PINBALL
The worst is when you have to go right after lunch cause teachers always say you should have gone at lunch

Big Evil
Your problem is you don't know how to get an attitude back.

That's when you pull your pants down and take a nice pee on the floor, prefflebly near thier desk. That'll teach'em.

And yes, my advise is sound I've done it before. You don't want to **** with me lol.

DCLXVI
No offense, but start wearing adult diapers....stick out tongue

Morning_Glory
I still cant believe you guys have to ask.. you are practically adults and you still have to ask to go to the bathroom

Mist
ok...at my old school..most of the people who asked to go to the toilet were either gonna skip the lesson or go for a smoke in the toilet...thats why a lotta people dont get allowed to go to the toilet during class..

Big Evil
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
I still cant believe you guys have to ask.. you are practically adults and you still have to ask to go to the bathroom
Well cause it is impolite to not excuse yourself before hand.
However it's just rude to not take said excuse.

Therfor you get back at them. It's the only way they'll learn.

KidRock
Originally posted by Mist
ok...at my old school..most of the people who asked to go to the toilet were either gonna skip the lesson or go for a smoke in the toilet...thats why a lotta people dont get allowed to go to the toilet during class..

Same here.

DCLXVI
Mist> That's exactly the reason they don't let you. wink

BTW> Try sitting through a 2-4 hour Univ. lecture holding it in....sick

Morbid4Daniel
Originally posted by dave123

Psh. You're never too old to hold it! Even if you are it can cause serious problems.

jaden101< SHE DID! She aked to call the principal and the sub wouldnt let her do that either! So she walked out and went to the bathroom, then went to the guidance counselor.

MG< Its different here in Kentucky lol.

Mist< Yes, a large percentage of the school (mostly the jocks and retarded preps) go smoke in the bathroom..but I dont smoke and neither did my friends that had to go to the bathroom..they were literally about to piss themselves and everyone asking why they didnt go between classes, BELIEVE ME...there is NO time to go to the bathroom. There's the constant rush of people walking down the hallways, if you have a locker you go to that and most of the time they're jammed because they're pieces of shit, and the list goes on.... So...yeah thats why

Afro Cheese
that is just not right... but why are you guys still having to ask to go to the bathroom in highschool!

at my highschool- if you had to go .. then you just go (one at a time, of course) but you didnt need to ask or interupt the teacher...

erm Well that would require high school students to be responsible and polite and go one at a time without the teacher forcing them.. and we all know that's an impossible task to ask of them.

No, I don't think that was illegal. It's sorta weird the way schools play mind games with you. At the beginning of the year the teacher always says "if I say no and it's an emergency don't stay until you pee your pants just go." But then when that time comes and you burst out of the classroom they write you a referral.

I think that it's probably that they can't actually STOP you from going to the restroom, they can only deny you permission. You still technically have the ability to go, you'd just have to get in trouble. I'm just guessing though, based on what I've seen in my school.

Morbid4Daniel
That's EXACTLY right, what you said in the second para Afro.
Well my friend has never had a detention in her life, nor have I. So getting a detention from her isnt going to make a good note on her record. Then again her parents are supposed to call up there eek!

Afro Cheese
lol.. I don't think a detention is going to make a bit of a difference on your record. The only thing that sucks about detentions is serving them.. if you can think of a way to get out of them then go with that.

I once got out of Saturday school by claiming to be a Seventh Day Adventist.

Morbid4Daniel
Oh believe me she is. She and the guidance counselor are doing everything to get her out of it. Its stupid and wrong.

lmao!!

Morbid4Daniel
edit. Sorry stick out tongue

Morning_Glory
Kentucky ... Massachusetts .. not to far from each other... tsk!

maybe the parents should sue now... or get the substitue fired

Next Venom_girl
Yeah, it is illegal. At least in California. I'm not so sure 'bout other states. confused

Morbid4Daniel
My mom told me she'd walk out of the room too. Well it wont matter because the school is going to get a call from both of her parents.

Clovie
Okay true story, happened today. My best friend said she and her other friend Lauren were in class and they had a substitute teacher. She really had to go to the bathroom so she asked the teacher if she could go and the teacher said no. She sat back down and she had held it for an hour, and you all know what the effects are of that (pissing your pants, bladder infection, etc...) anyway, she got up again and asked again and the teacher got all huffy and said no again! She walked out of the room because she had to go so bad..She may even be receiving a detention! Isnt it illegal in schools for the teachers not to let you go to the bathroom? ermm..... i have no idea if it is illegal or not.
but i don't understand why would it messed

here when you're asking if you can go to the bathroom, they're telling that you have break to go there, and that we are not in the primary school roll eyes (sarcastic)

but they're letting us go eyes

AnImE_ChAoS
well i know when i was at school in junior school i asked and i got told no many times and waited without a break and ended up (because i ahve a very weak bladder) just letting it go as i ran for the door. i suffered at sinior school with bladder infections and kidney infections because iw asent allowed to go to the loo in lesson. i had countless scans at hospitals and so forth. my mother when she was at the same school was made to hold it in for a lesson length and then a lunch detention and holding it in for other times also and she is now left with one kidney as her other burst and she was rushed to hospital. I think it should be made illigal to not let us out, they say they worry about our health and such and they are making it worse by doing this.
As i was in the last year (year 11) the school introduced the 'green slip' rutine.....you ask the teacher for a green slip, they sign and date it to allow you out of the class room (thats if they let you have one) so if you get caught in the corridors you dont get a detention, becasue you have permision to be out of class. but even then, teachers wouldnt give green slips out half the time it was usually 'no, get back in your seat and copy the work down' or something. its unfair an very unhealthy. i genrallay used to jsut walk out and go when i had to, telling them they could stick their green slips if it was a desperate situation. lol.

Im at college, and you can walk out hen you want for the loo or a drink or whatever you know.. i think schools should hold that mentality to pupils, and allow us atleast the privilage of pissing when we need to.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/AnImE_ChAoS2/sigs%20and%20avatars/chaossig.jpg

DarkCrawler
Morbid4Daniel, you wont happen to be Finnish? Because I just saw that you have an picture of Finnish singer on your avatar...

EDIT: Oh, I saw that you live in Kentucky. smile

Alpha Centauri
If the teacher did that to me I'd launch a stream at her face.

-AC

Fishy
I'd just leave and take a piss...

If you have to go you have to go, if a school is stupid enough to do anything about then your school is idiotic

TheAnimal
complain to the princable.

Linkalicious
16 year old girls "go to the bathroom" by taking the long way. They walk around, they socialize with friends, and they disrupt class.

Your friend should have gone before the class or held it until after class. The only time this isn't a viable option is 1.) in the case of a bladder infection or some other problem that causes great discomfort 2.) if you have diarehha or IBS or something.

Generally speaking, kids just dick around when they take the pass....especially after lunch.

But also, in her defense, a lot of times you don't have to go to the bathroom "during" lunch because your body hasn't had the time to filter the liquid that you consumed during lunch. So she might not have "had to go" before class.

TheAnimal
next time when this happens just piss on the teacher's shoe.

powerfulone1987

That happens all of the time in my school.

Not to me of course because for some odd reason I never have to use the bathroom at school.

This is my 12th and final year of school and it is the first year that I never used the school bathrooms at all, not once.

SlipknoT
Haha friend last year, the teacher wouldnt let him go so he grabbed the garbage can and took a piss in there.

Morbid4Daniel
lol slipknot laughing out loud

Jackie Malfoy

Yea I would say.If something happens to you the school will get blamed for it.JM smile

Morbid4Daniel
I bet.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by BackFire

I hate teachers on a power trip like that, your friend shoulda just pissed on her desk.

That is the best post I have read all day.

Well said.

Morbid4Daniel
I would've if it were my situation

AdventChild
Originally posted by dave123
you dumb idiot... what part of Bladder infection didn't you understand.... it's people like you that make this world just a disgusting place with comments like those....

SlipknoT
Originally posted by AdventChild
you dumb idiot... what part of Bladder infection didn't you understand.... it's people like you that make this world just a disgusting place with comments like those.... Yea, that monster no expression

silver_tears
Honestly what are the odds that would result in a bladder infection, do you even know what that is? Her friend probably just felt the slightest discomfort and felt she had to go, it's only really serious if it starts to burn.
For that to happen she would probably have to have been holding it in for at least 4 hours or more. It's children who are the highest at risk of this anyways, not teenagers.

And must you be so rude, it clearly signifies a great intelligence roll eyes (sarcastic)

But forcing a child to hold in their bodily waste is a violation of a fundamental human right, if you can prove she was in some way harmed by it, you can have her charged or fired at least.

dark1365
Originally posted by WindDancer
Why not go to the bathroom before going to class?

In this case we're talking about substitute teachers. And let's be honest. Some of them are utter idiots who sit in a desk, read the newspaper, and tells the class to read the book. I'm sure a report from a substitute teacher isn't a big thing. I'm not sure if it is illegal...but you can always have your parents make a complain to the school board.
My parents keep throwing that at me too. But the more I think of it, the more it seems ridiculous: If you gotta go, you gotta go. If you don't need it, it sure as hell won't occur to you to empty your bladder BEFORE class. Whoever does that is a maintenance freak.

AdventChild
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Yea, that monster no expression

you have to be one of the funniest people in KMC if not the funniest! big grin laughing

moviejunkie23
the only situation you should be told when you can or can't go take a leak is military.

*SpunkiE*

At mine, if you need to go during class, it cant be 20mins into the lesson and cant be 20 mins before the lesson ends. If your lucky to get permission, u gotta go through like 8 teachers until u get the bathroom pass, then u have to wait in a line as long as the Great wall of China, as soon as you get to the disgusting toilet, u've already pissed ur pants an hour ago...

Imperial_Samura
I pity you Spunkie. Why is it that school toilets are always so awful? Or any public toilet for that matter. Anyway, I don't think it's illegal. It's up to the teacher to exercise discretion in such matters, to decide I guess if it is worth it, to judge need and so forth.

Morbid4Daniel
Yeah that sucks spunkie sad

ladygrim
i think its stupid when they dont let u go because it can damage ur bladder after awhile and are they going to pay for the operation bills i think not ....will they clean the pee up when uve got a weakened bladder i think not ....

Morbid4Daniel
Nope sad

Syren
I can recall being in the third year of middle school (I was about 11) and our teacher decided to try to make us all learn to do without the toilet within lesson times. She said that we all had to learn to do so before we went up to high school as that's how it worked in the real world roll eyes (sarcastic) All of us sat there with our legs in knots and our eyes bulging through the entire lesson and to be honest I can't really remember much of the lesson itself during those moments, I was in too much pain! If going to the toilet during a lesson means you miss maybe five minutes, surely that's better in the long run than missing out on the whole thing because you're focusing so much on not pissing yourself?? Where's the damn logic? laughing out loud

Morbid4Daniel
For real! There isnt one! laughing out loud

sconochini
Who is the teacher to deny my son the right to go use the bathroom?
boss can not deny employers to use bathroom
prison officers can not deny inmates to use bathroom
principal can not deny teachers to use bathroom
therefore teachers should not
deny students to use bathroom.

so i told him if you need to go for a wee ask your teacher, and if she tells you no JUST WALK OUT THE CLASS AND GO TO THE TOILET and tell them DADDY said you can go to the loo when you need to.

i know some people will say , your child should wait until recess

what happen if is an emergency e.g. stomach ache or urges to pee?? , bodily function DON`T KNOW ABOUT time specially in a emergencies cases like diarrhea

You teacher , you can not deny my child the right to use the toilet if he has an emergency , what would happen if a student have an accident and wet pants or have a stomach ache in front of a whole class because the teacher denied a student to use bathroom ??
it would be anecdotal for the teacher but for the pupil will be a traumatic and humbling experience for the rest of his/her life and many
many classmates will talk about that during years and the pupil will be humiliated again (and sometimes in front of new people).

why some teachers deny pupils the use of bathroom? students ask for the toilet to avoid some lesson

they would take drugs in bathroom , they can suffered a heart attack along the way......

TEACHER'S EXCUSES

i think some teachers dont let students use the bathroom because want see them with his/her pants-wetted , some teacher have behaviour pedophile

so I recommend to all parents , tell you child that you should wait until recess if you can hold , ok i'm agree , but if you child has an emergency , JUST WALK AND GO ,
teacher is not nobody to deny your child to use the bathroom , message to all parents DON'T LET YOUR CHILD BE HUMILIATED BY A B------ TEACHER. OK?!!
OK.

i see here many teachers are proud of about that. You are lucky my kid isn't in your class , you would have a big problem with me;
but anyway some day you could have a problem with a violent father .

Important: if you are physically strong and athletic person:

If a teacher hit your kid because he left the class because he used the bathroom (forget court because they will do nothing and you'll spend too much money paying
lawyer etc ) you should take the justice by your own hand without fear. Be carefull because you can be tracked (cammeras in school etc ) you can spend some months in Jail and you will get criminal record and that's very bad to find a job , so you should wear some balaclava or wig/glassess and don't talk/ shout to avoid him/her to recognize your voice.
if you know a place without too much people where you can meet with the teacher would be better , but if you know about martial arts you shouldn't be care about people.

advice: attacking from behind

Believe me , if you are strong and athletic (better if you have some knowledge about martial arts) and don't open your mouth and you have your face hidden , you won't be tracked by the police and you shouldn't be afraid.

if you are not physically strong and athletic person and/or you fear of be jailed:

You should pay somebody to take the justice in your place (e.g. doorman ...)

Defend your child against bad teachers. it is a duty !!

Bathroom is a right , not a privilege.

--
Olympic Gold Medalist '04

lord xyz
Originally posted by BackFire

I hate teachers on a power trip like that, your friend shoulda just pissed on her desk. A teacher wouldn't let me go to the toilet during class, so I said "would you rather I piss on the floor?"

I got sent out, and then I went to the toilet, which he got even more mad at me for.

Was so worth it.

Darth Jello
You could say that you've got a Foley that you have to empty every 2 hours like clockwork.

NemeBro
I don't actually ask.

I grab the pass and say "I'm going to the restroom," they are usually fine with it, if not, **** them, I've gotta go. erm

Ms.Marvel
i thought you would just grab the weakest kid in the class and use him as a repository that sounds more in character no expression shifty

The Heap
When you gotta go, you gotta go. Whenever I wasn't able to go, I'd sneak out when the teacher would leave the class.

Power to the needy. stick out tongue

AsbestosFlaygon
When I feel like peeing, I just walk out of the room and go straight to the toilet.

I mean, we pay these damn 'teachers' to do their jobs.
They shouldn't impose total control on you.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
thread lives... >>.

This is one of the few reasons why i love being in Uni. You just leave when you have to go for a break; as long as you come back in ten minutes. If you don't, then you're considered absent for the class, unless the professor knows why. fair university rule.

Darth Jello
Yeah, I'm at an age where this only matters during a major test or a meeting or a job interview. That's one thing I don't miss about K-12.

botankus
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
You just leave when you have to go for a break; as long as you come back in ten minutes. If you don't, then you're considered absent for the class, unless the professor knows why. fair university rule.
What if a routine dump turns into full-blown diarrhea? Do you have to run back to the teacher with an explanation between toilet paper rolls?

Darth Jello
I think it's ok to just show the teacher your loose, gaping ******* when you're done.

botankus
laughing out loud Yes, that could serve just as well as a written excuse.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
the only situation you should be told when you can or can't go take a leak is military.

in the military they cant stop you either. unless of course ur in actual combat.

u dont need permission but u can ask and be denied but u can ignore them as well.

we had over hydration drills were ppl are forced to drink canteens of water and then the D.I.'s would wait till someone piss their pants before they let everyone relief themselves go.

we as recruits were informed it was illegal in the state of cali for them to give such an order and many of us blew off the D.I.'s and excuse our selves any ways.

also if ur in a ceremony and u need to be excuse for whatever reason u are to remove urself as discreetly as possible and close the ranks.

when i was a teenager in in nevada we were told we could not be denied bathroom breaks.

Nemesis X
Sometimes when the teacher tells me I can't go to the bathroom, I always tell him/her "expect finding a puddle in the classroom later". That always got them to change their minds.

steverules_2
I remember once when I was 16 and I had to pee but I was on a plane and didn't wanna get up so I held it in for over 6 hours I think it was...could have actually been 12 hours, but still I have a pretty strong bladder...ur friend i'm guessing does not

botankus
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Sometimes when the teacher tells me I can't go to the bathroom, I always tell him/her "expect finding a puddle in the classroom later". That always got them to change their minds.
That just doesn't seem like much of a threat. Unless, of course, the student doesn't mind reverting to a form of bed-wetting in front of 30 of his peers.

jinXed by JaNx
I'm going to give this teacher the benefit of the doubt and assume your friend was being an ass. Either way, it's no big deal, just get up and go to the bathroom. Your friend could have just soiled themselves. That's the easiest way to get a teacher fired. That happened at my school one time and i've heard similar stories in the news where a student was not allowed to go to the bathroom so the student soiled themselves which ultimately got the teachers fired.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by botankus
What if a routine dump turns into full-blown diarrhea? Do you have to run back to the teacher with an explanation between toilet paper rolls?

I think they have some sort of excuse for that one stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.