Firelord vs Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spidermonkey
Firelord vs Martian Manhunter

What happens?

dawsey28
MM goes eek! and flys away very quickly!!!

Why do you hate him so? That would be bad.

Draco69
Is Firelord vulnerable to telepathy? If not then MM is screwed.

dawsey28
crutch

Poor MM. You should have picked a different Herald for him to fight.

Maybe Terrax, but not Firelord no

That's like putting wheelchair against tomcat

dawsey28
Although the way some arguments go in here, the guy in the wheelchair would win if he has prep-time. laughing

BENITO
FIRELORD

whirlysplat
Originally posted by dawsey28
Although the way some arguments go in here, the guy in the wheelchair would win if he has prep-time. laughing

wouldn't he? I mean coundn't he? really if, he had prep. time! laughing

spidermonkey
I don't understand. I thought J'onn didn't have that vulnerability to fire anymore.

Never
Originally posted by spidermonkey
I don't understand. I thought J'onn didn't have that vulnerability to fire anymore.

He doesn't...

black robb
Well maybe if DC pays Firelord to throw this fight like Marvel did then MM could win it

olympian
Im inclined to go with Firelord. His long range attacks are more powerful and hes also faster.

Not to mention he looks cooler so its another added point. stick out tongue

Never
And what about MM's telepathy? Remember that is why Batman brought in Plas (immune to MM's telepathy and has better shape shifting) just in case MM went wild. MM is a cosmic level telepath.

MM also has super speed, invulnerability, shape-shifting, super strength. What on earth is Firelord doing in this fight to win?

olympian
"And what about MM's telepathy"

Arent all heralds immune? Or prone to be immune to those kind of attacks. Thanks to the cosmic awareness?

"MM also has super speed, invulnerability, shape-shifting, super strength. What on earth is Firelord doing in this fight to win?"

Firelord has all that except shape-shifting ability. He is indeed faster like practically all heralds are. More durable the same way. Hes less stronger most likely but not by much. His fire attacks are what will give MM the trouble. Not because he fears fire but because they are more powerful and will do more damage than his long range attacks.

Firelord wins the majority in my opinion. But all hard fought. Not an ownage by any means.

Never
No. Galactus isn't even "immune" -- but he does have some monstrously powerful "ambient" psi-shields. "Cosmic awareness" is a term that I've never been able to get a consensus on -- I am guessing it makes you aware of...anything? Dunno, but Firelord was endowed with but a portion.

Really. When MM can become immaterial at will? Not to mention control of his body down to the molecular level? Can't hit what you cannot touch.

olympian
"No. Galactus isn't even "immune" -- but he does have some monstrously powerful "ambient" psi-shields. "Cosmic awareness" is a term that I've never been able to get a consensus on -- I am guessing it makes you aware of...anything? Dunno, but Firelord was endowed with but a portion"

Well tecnically you should. They show it in theyr cosmic fights but misteriously when they fight on Earth they seem to turn it off. But they do have it, with that name or otherwise. At least after the first badass appearances.

"Really. When MM can become immaterial at will? Not to mention control of his body down to the molecular level? Can't hit what you cannot touch"

Same way for above with Firelord, Manhaunter doesnt always use this. And with Firelord being faster in flight one could say while MM is invisible he wont be able to touch him either.

He has a chance by going pshysical and by surprise ( sinces hes stronger ) using his shape shifting abilities that are uber, he will probably have to come close. And invisible or not i see Firelord blast the whole area causing some injury the moment he feels him close.

dawsey28
Firelord:
http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/galactus/heralds/firelord.html
http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/profiles/firelord.html

MM may no longer have a fear/vulnerability to it, but fire still isn't his favorite thing.

Never
"Technically I should?" Let me rephrase that.

On every messageboard in which I've participated no one (including editors/writers) agreed on specifically what "cosmic awareness" is capable of. Firelord should have been "cosmically aware" of everything Spidey brought to the table, but we know how that went. There is no definition that I've seen; we're left to extrapolate.

Nobody knows precisely how fast Martian Manhunter is, and "always not using" an ability is not an issue. How often does Superman "speed blitz" someone? How often does Thor use his Godly Essence Blast? How often does Diana use her Godwave? MM goes intangible when he needs to, just like Vision.

You missed something. I said intangible as in not being able to be touched. Not invisible. Firelord cannot touch him with a blast, and no MM won't have to come close. He has energy-based eye rays for a long distance attack and is more durable than Firelord.

This is the guy Superman said is "superior."

olympian
"agreed on specifically what "cosmic awareness" is capable of. Firelord should have been "cosmically aware" of everything Spidey brought to the table, but we know how that went"

I totally agree. He does have it like all heralds tho, its just underused. Or pretty much jobbing material.

"Nobody knows precisely how fast Martian Manhunter is"

Firelord is slighty below Silver surfer in speed. Is MM on that level?

"You missed something. I said intangible as in not being able to be touched"

Touche. Does that means he cant be blasted by long range attacks?

Did MM even used that tactic alone to take foes or like usually he becomes tangible again to finish them off.

"He has energy-based eye rays for a long distance attack and is more durable than Firelord"

With this i dont agree. Heralds are more durable than the Superman class in my opinion. Terrax for example used to live in a black hole. Theyr sligthy above.

Ill take this down in two different readings. If wer using the lowest showing for Firelord wich is against Spiderman, where he pretty much didnt fought back and use any of his cosmic power, then MM takes a solid 6 out of 10 and even a 7.

A Firelord on his best showings, like defeating Surfer, making him run in another of his battles, stalemating against both Thor and Hercules its going to take a solid 6/7 the same way against the opponnent.

ImmortalOne
INtangi, telepathy, ......

dawsey28
Originally posted by Psycho Ninja
INtangi, telepathy, ......

confused

grey fox
MM wins this. He goes too close to Fire-lord and turns into Fernus the Burning , whom the uses Fire-lord as a chewtoy.....

dawsey28
confused

Bouboumaster
Firelord, lol

10/10.

Power comisc ownz the green martian.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.