Thanos vs Spectre

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Thanos

VS

Spectre

Who wins?

Avalonofthewind
This is not even a battle. If it is full power Spectre..then its Spectre all the way.
Even with the Infinity Gauntlet Thanos would lose.

spidermonkey
Couldn't Spectre just strip Thanos of his powers? Or would Thanos be too high up on the food chain for that?

Avalonofthewind
I guess it depends...If god told spectre to go get the Gauntlet...then Thanos is going to be feeling new types of hurt.

guy222
Originally posted by armandovalles
Thanos

VS

Spectre

Who wins?

Spectre easily

Demogorge
Poor Thanos...He loses this big time.

norrinradd43
Thanos can only win with the HOTU

BobbyD
Originally posted by norrinradd43
Thanos can only win with the HOTU

What if given a direct order from You Know Who?

boriquaking55
This is quanch-bait, isn't it? :P

BobbyD
Originally posted by boriquaking55
This is quanch-bait, isn't it? :P

No, not all at. ...get terribly confuzzled myself.

If the HOTU is something supposedly created by TOAA, which represents His power, then I see this as quite a stalemate. God's power (a direct order from The Presence) vs God's power (wrapped inside the HOTU, from TOAA) = stalemate, IMO.

Galan007
This is quanch-bait, isn't it? :P Yep,

Made years before he even joined. smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by Avlon
This is not even a battle. If it is full power Spectre..then its Spectre all the way.
Even with the Infinity Gauntlet Thanos would lose. thanos with the ig would rock the shit out of spectre. i mean hell shaxam could give him a good show. cap marvel whooped his ass and was nowhere near as powerful as thanos with the ig. thanos with the ig would stomp spectre.

quanchi112
This is quanch-bait, isn't it? :P its funny the thing s people will do to try to antagonize me. but i care not.

Galan007
Originally posted by quanchi112
i mean hell shaxam could give him a good show. The Wizard Shazam?

The only reasons why the battle lasted as long as it did, was because...

1.) Shazam was gathered all the magical energy he could.
2.) Spectre was hostless, thus much weaker then normal.
3.) They were battling within the RoE, giving Shazam a HUGE advantage, yet Spectre still beat him.

Man that was a great battle, one of my favorites for sure. smile

BobbyD
thanos with the ig would rock the shit out of spectre. i mean hell shaxam could give him a good show. cap marvel whooped his ass and was nowhere near as powerful as thanos with the ig. thanos with the ig would stomp spectre.

I have to disagree with you here on this one, Q. I honeslty do not believe Thanos w/ the IG can take on Spectre with a direct order from You Know Who.

Ask yourself this: Could Thanos w/ the IG take on the TOAA?

quanchi112
Originally posted by BobbyD
I have to disagree with you here on this one, Q. I honeslty do not believe Thanos w/ the IG can take on Spectre with a direct order from You Know Who.

Ask yourself this: Could Thanos w/ the IG take on the TOAA? no he couldnt take on TOAA. but the spectre is a being tha loses to others. he failed against the am also. he had a direct order to stop am and kinda failed. failed hard and need lots of help.

Juntai
Spectre wins.

Priest
Originally posted by Juntai
Spectre wins.
ur crazy stick out tongue

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by Galan007
The Wizard Shazam?

The only reasons why the battle lasted as long as it did, was because...

1.) Shazam was gathered all the magical energy he could.
2.) Spectre was hostless, thus much weaker then normal.
3.) They were battling within the RoE, giving Shazam a HUGE advantage, yet Spectre still beat him.

Man that was a great battle, one of my favorites for sure. smile

Agreed, excellent battle, I have been trying to read up on my Spectre lately.

celestialdemon
Anyone who thinks Thanos would win this fight should seriously reconsider even posting on this board anymore.

Galan007
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
Agreed, excellent battle, I have been trying to read up on my Spectre lately. That was one of my favorites for sure. smile

boriquaking55
Originally posted by Galan007
Yep,

Made years before he even joined. smile

lol I didn't realize that. Damn you thread-bumpers! mad

quanchi112
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Anyone who thinks Thanos would win this fight should seriously reconsider even posting on this board anymore.

who said thanos wins on here,who?

celestialdemon
who said thanos wins on here,who?

Was I talking to you? I was just making a statement.

Sundipped
What the f**k? MAJOR SPITE ALERT!!!!!!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sundipped
What the f**k? MAJOR SPITE ALERT!!!!!! i know. its funny that people use so much spite against thanos.

nvrbeenwthagirl
i know. its funny that people use so much spite against thanos.

NO worse than Putting Full power franlin richards against DS.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
NO worse than Putting Full power franlin richards against DS. do u think frankin could take the spectre?

wow, really.

Hannibal-Lector
Spectre wins unless Thanos gets IG (in whihc he only wins if Spectre is hostless) or HOTU in which i believe he wins since Spectre was equal level with Living Tribunal right?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
Spectre wins unless Thanos gets IG (in whihc he only wins if Spectre is hostless) or HOTU in which i believe he wins since Spectre was equal level with Living Tribunal right? thanos with the ig was mightier than the am who couldnt be stopped by the spectre.

spectre has never been equal to the lt.

Goddess Kali
Thanos loses, unless he has the IG

1)Spectre (as Hal Jordan) has been frustrated and suffered at the hands of Mr. Stigmonus. Recent Spectre, after Crisis Aftermath was easily manipulated by Eclipso and Nabu.

2)Spectre got his ass handed to him by Micheal, and even Lucifer made him cry like a baby just by telling him to get lost.

3)Spectre couldn't stop the Anti Monitor...

4)...and on top of that he was posssessed by Emporer Joker.

5) Even Darksied gave him drama when Hal Jordan was the host.

Spectre isn't on par with Living Tribunal. If the Source can outpower Spectre, than so can IG.

BobbyD
thanos with the ig was mightier than the am who couldnt be stopped by the spectre.

spectre has never been equal to the lt.

Q, if I may....

Do you recall who was locked in a wrist lock or handshake (can't recall, but doesn't really matter anyway) with LT so stop both universes from collapsing on themselves?

Do you know of this story?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Goddess Kali

1)Spectre (as Hal Jordan) has been frustrated and suffered at the hands of Mr. Stigmonus. Recent Spectre, after Crisis Aftermath was easily manipulated by Eclipso and Nabu.

2)Spectre got his ass handed to him by Micheal, and even Lucifer made him cry like a baby just by telling him to get lost.

Spectre isn't on par with Living Tribunal. If the Source can outpower Spectre, than so can IG. its about time someone joined the fray here. we both can see how people exaggerate the spectre's power while the ig was simply badass. thanos pwned everyone he faced while the spectre well he loses a lot and gets manipulated here and there.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Spectre isn't on par with Living Tribunal. If the Source can outpower Spectre, than so can IG.

The Spectre got his ass handed to him by the living power of God. after giving mike a good fight. The IG is NOTHING compared to the power of mike and would be steam rolled. The AM was the most powerful being in comics ever at the time. It was the spectre's blast that severly weakened the AM. Mxy's power is far superior to the IG as well. None of your examples hold water.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
The Spectre got his ass handed to him by the living power of God. after giving mike a good fight. The IG is NOTHING compared to the power of mike and would be steam rolled. The AM was the most powerful being in comics ever at the time. It was the spectre's blast that severly weakened the AM. Mxy's power is far superior to the IG as well. None of your examples hold water. at the time yes. the ig was after that. cant u see how easily i destroy ur arguments. why are u talking about mike. im talking about am kicking spectres ass. am didnt have the power of god but kciked the shit out of the wrath.

ooooh he weakened the am. pathetic. now ur bringing up mxy who was crushed by gog.

ig wins. hands down. spectre doesnt even weaken him.

smokin'

Air Legend
Thanos with IG would beat Spectre. Spectre can't get extra help from the Presence. That's against the rules.

Superherovandal
Its not really extra help as Spectre's power levels are entirely dependent upon the Presence's will...He has no real sustained level. however he is uber-powerful most of the time.

Terryc250
Spectre is comparable to LT, Thanos isnt even comparable to Galactus

tjcoady
do u think frankin could take the spectre?

wow, really.

how on earth does "DS" mean "The Spectre?"

der Spectre?

tjcoady
Originally posted by Air Legend
Thanos with IG would beat Spectre. Spectre can't get extra help from the Presence. That's against the rules.

that honestly just doesn't make sense. The Spectre is PART of the Presence. That's like claiming that Thanos' right arm can't get help from the rest of him. the power level of the Spectre is as great or as mediocre as the presence decrees.

Superherovandal
Originally posted by tjcoady
how on earth does "DS" mean "The Spectre?"

der Spectre? he likes to do this kinda thing. best thing to do is ignore it.

Goddess Kali

The Spectre had lost to beings far weaker than the power of the Infinity Gauntlet. If Thanos had the IG, he'd most likely defeat Spectre.

Without the IG, Thanos would die.

quanchi112
Originally posted by tjcoady
that honestly just doesn't make sense. The Spectre is PART of the Presence. That's like claiming that Thanos' right arm can't get help from the rest of him. the power level of the Spectre is as great or as mediocre as the presence decrees. the presence couldnt give him enough power to defeat the antimonitor. so there goes that theory. spectre would lose to thanos with the ig.

Erik-Lensherr
Spectre

Erik-Lensherr
the presence couldnt give him enough power to defeat the antimonitor. so there goes that theory. spectre would lose to thanos with the ig.

From several posts I've read up until now on this board concerning you , I've realized you're quite limited in vocabulary , intelligence and comic knowledge . If there would have been another user stating what you just stated above I would have probably answered and counter that , if the user would have a degree of intelligence , which you don't . I announce you that starting this moment , I won't answer any of your posts , for reasons already stated , so you can stop answering mine .

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
From several posts I've read up until now on this board concerning you , I've realized you're quite limited in vocabulary , intelligence and comic knowledge . If there would have been another user stating what you just stated above I would have probably answered and counter that , if the user would have a degree of intelligence , which you don't . I announce you that starting this moment , I won't answer any of your posts , for reasons already stated , so you can stop answering mine .

thumb up For a newbie, you are remarkably astute and literate. How long you been on KMC? And you are absolutely correct, Quanchi barely reads or comprehends at a 3rd grade level. durlaugh

Air Legend

It seems you are a cocky, bombastic, and hypocritical fool. This very post of yours has conflicting statements. First you say he is quite limited in vocabulary, INTELLIGENCE, and comic knowledge. Then you say you would have countered that statement if the user had a degree of INTELLIGENCE when you previously declared he had a limited amount of intelligence (that is a degree of intelligence if you can't comprehend what I am saying).

Although quanchi isn't eloquent, a lot of his simple sayings hold truth to them such as the one you decided to mock.

Erik-Lensherr
It seems you are a cocky, bombastic, and hypocritical fool. This very post of yours has conflicting statements. First you say he is quite limited in vocabulary, INTELLIGENCE, and comic knowledge. Then you say you would have countered that statement if the user had a degree of INTELLIGENCE when you previously declared he had a limited amount of intelligence (that is a degree of intelligence if you can't comprehend what I am saying).

Although quanchi isn't eloquent, a lot of his simple sayings hold truth to them such as the one you decided to mock.

Cocky , bombastic and hypocritical fool ? So this quanchi must be a relative or friend of yours ? I wouldn't be surprised since apparently you posess similar characteristics and I don't mean good ones .
Conflict statement ? There is absolutley no contradiction in my post . He is limited in intelligence and if he would have a certain degree of intelligence , such as many users on this board have , then perhaps I would have answered him . You probably understood , and it's not surprising really since as I said before , you seem to posess similar characteristics with him , that when I said a degree of intelligence I meant that he has none . That is wrong for 2 fundamental reasons . For once , when I said if he would have had a degree of intelligence I didn't mean that he doesn't have one , because that would be irrational , I meant that he doesn't have the certain degree of intelliegence that would allow him to have an interesting discussion with someone. Even the fact that he can talk , type and understand basic principles implies that he has a certain degree of intelligence . What you don't get is that the degree of intelligence he has , which this discussion is all about , doesn't mean he actually has the capacity to debate and sustain his ideeas . I tried to explain it to you like a child , so that you can comprehend , aswell as quanchi . And next time you answer my posts , think twice and try to understand what I mean and not jump to conclusions because it just makes you look stupid .

Air Legend
Cocky , bombastic and hypocritical fool ? So this quanchi must be a relative or friend of yours ? I wouldn't be surprised since apparently you posess similar characteristics and I don't mean good ones .
Conflict statement ? There is absolutley no contradiction in my post . He is limited in intelligence and if he would have a certain degree of intelligence , such as many users on this board have , then perhaps I would have answered him . You probably understood , and it's not surprising really since as I said before , you seem to posess similar characteristics with him , that when I said a degree of intelligence I meant that he has none . That is wrong for 2 fundamental reasons . For once , when I said if he would have had a degree of intelligence I didn't mean that he doesn't have one , because that would be irrational , I meant that he doesn't have the certain degree of intelliegence that would allow him to have an interesting discussion with someone. Even the fact that he can talk , type and understand basic principles implies that he has a certain degree of intelligence . What you don't get is that the degree of intelligence he has , which this discussion is all about , doesn't mean he actually has the capacity to debate and sustain his ideeas . I tried to explain it to you like a child , so that you can comprehend , aswell as quanchi .

Wrong. You didn't add the crucial word "certain" which makes all the difference. It doesn't matter if that is what you meant to say- what you write is what you say.
And next time you answer my posts , think twice and try to understand what I mean and not jump to conclusions because it just makes you look stupid .

Makes me look stupid? Next time write what you mean so you don't look stupid.

Erik-Lensherr
This is your reply ? laughing Yeah , I guess I was right . You are at his level . So you go on my list too wink See ya

Air Legend
This is your reply ? laughing Yeah , I guess I was right . You are at his level . So you go on my list too wink See ya
You're just a sock puppet.

Estacado

huh
Michael has the power of God.
How the **** could Spectre beat that?

Darkseid gave him drama?
He easily killed Darkseid.

Hal Jordan was the most powerful host I think you haven't read Spectre v4

He didn't free him self because he was afraid that it would shatter reality.(Emperor Joker arc)

quanchi112
From several posts I've read up until now on this board concerning you , I've realized you're quite limited in vocabulary , intelligence and comic knowledge . If there would have been another user stating what you just stated above I would have probably answered and counter that , if the user would have a degree of intelligence , which you don't . I announce you that starting this moment , I won't answer any of your posts , for reasons already stated , so you can stop answering mine . i dumb it down for people of ur intellect. i mean really whats the point of using profound vocabulary on here as it is simply a standard forum. i make my points while you come here obviously to start trouble where none is wanted. but its fine as no one affects me on here. nothing. you understand what i have implied here havent you? good!

laughing

Air Legend
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
thumb up For a newbie, you are remarkably astute and literate. How long you been on KMC? And you are absolutely correct, Quanchi barely reads or comprehends at a 3rd grade level. durlaugh

He's not that dumb. He's just a Thanos fanboy. He does get some things right, you'l just have to live through some of the remarks he makes when Thanos is in a thread. wink

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
huh
Michael has the power of God.
How the **** could Spectre beat that?

Darkseid gave him drama?
He easily killed Darkseid.

Hal Jordan was the most powerful host I think you haven't read Spectre v4

He didn't free him self because he was afraid that it would shatter reality.(Emperor Joker arc) spctre lost to am who didnt have the power of god.

spectre was also getting his ass kicked hostless mind you becuz as we all know spectre needs a host to be anything really really special by an amped cap marvel. he would have lost if enchantress hadnt gone crazy and cut off his power supply. u dont need the power of god as batman has fought him before as well.

batman.

laughing

Estacado
spctre lost to am who didnt have the power of god.

spectre was also getting his ass kicked hostless mind you becuz as we all know spectre needs a host to be anything really really special by an amped cap marvel. he would have lost if enchantress hadnt gone crazy and cut off his power supply. u dont need the power of god as batman has fought him before as well.

batman.

laughing
Can you tell me in which comic he "fought" Batman?
Don't have to tell the issue just the comic name.....

quanchi112
Can you tell me in which comic he "fought" Batman?
Don't have to tell the issue just the comic name..... im not ur freind find it on ur own. please i dont have time nor would i help u out in any way possible.

laughing

Estacado
im not ur freind find it on ur own. please i dont have time nor would i help u out in any way possible.

laughing
Gotcha ***** you don't even know where it happened....
Also it wasn't a fight you idiot.
Yet again you fail.thumb down

quanchi112
Gotcha ***** you don't even know where it happened....
Also it wasn't a fight you idiot.
Yet again you fail.thumb down gotcha what. i dont feel like telling you. for him to be even fighting batman is a laughable thing for spectre to begin with. poor old spectre the wrath meets bruce wayne.

Evil_Ash
Why are people still discussing this?

Spectre 10/10

Estacado
gotcha what. i dont feel like telling you.
laughing laughing laughing
You sad cheap bastard....

quanchi112
You sad cheap bastard.... always with the laughing smiley faces. thats all you do.

lets fill up the forum with this nonsensical crap. shame on you. make a point or begone. spectre lost to am straight up. he lost and needed lots of help.

Estacado
always with the laughing smiley faces. thats all you do.

lets fill up the forum with this nonsensical crap. shame on you. make a point or begone. spectre lost to am straight up. he lost and needed lots of help.
So where did that "fight" happen between him and Batman?

Evil_Ash
always with the laughing smiley faces. thats all you do.

ermm

quanchi112
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
ermm cant u figure out im responding to how he debates with his own medicine. i feel like i should announce this from now on as i thought i made it obvious.

Estacado
So where did that "fight" happen between him and Batman?

quanchi112
So where did that "fight" happen between him and Batman? ur the dc fanatic, u tell me.

Juntai

Spectre stopped the Anti-Monitor.
Spectre beat Darkseid.
Spectre beat Nabu. Several times in history.
Spectre beat Stigmonus. Several times in volume 4. He just kept popping back in the storylines.
Losing to Micheal is a low showing these days?

Where are you going with this exactly?

Where did you see Spectre after Crisis Aftermath besides Tales of the Unexpected, which didn't feature Nabu or Eclipso?

Juntai
He never fought Batman.

Estacado
He never fought Batman.
That's why I used the " " signs. wink

Skeets
That's why I used the " " signs. wink
Don't know what the signs are called? ermmnone

Estacado
Originally posted by Skeets
Don't know what the signs are called? ermmnone
Hungrian much doesn't know all English words much?313

Oh and you should have never posted that scan cause now idiot like quanchi use it as evidnce even though they haven't even read the book.

quanchi112
Spectre stopped the Anti-Monitor.
Spectre beat Darkseid.
Spectre beat Nabu. Several times in history.
Spectre beat Stigmonus. Several times in volume 4. He just kept popping back in the storylines.
Losing to Micheal is a low showing these days?

Where are you going with this exactly?

Where did you see Spectre after Crisis Aftermath besides Tales of the Unexpected, which didn't feature Nabu or Eclipso? looked to me like the soectre was comatose. poor guy absorbed all kinds of magical energies and it still wasnt enough to defeat the am. am rocked spectres and the entire dc mulitverse and almost won. spectre was comatose so how did he kill am? i thought superman delivered the killing blow.

smokin'

Skeets
Yeah,you guys suck,etc...
What are they called in your country? 31

Estacado

Juntai
That's why I used the " " signs. wink What he's talking about is in Tales of the Unexpected, Batman appeared in one of the issues, and kicked Crispus, who just let him do it. Because it doesn't mean anything to him.

Estacado
What he's talking about is in Tales of the Unexpected, Batman appeared in one of the issues, and kicked Crispus, who just let him do it. Because it doesn't mean anything to him.
I know it was from issue 3 I was the one who first posted it and now idiots like quanchi use it as evidence against Spectre though they haven't even read the book.

quanchi112
still waiting for how the spectre defeated am by himself. thats right he didnt.

Skeets

quanchi112
I know it was from issue 3 I was the one who first posted it and now idiots like quanchi use it as evidence against Spectre though they haven't even read the book. spectre getting batkicked. for shame. spectre getting worked by cap marvel in dov, for shame. spectre getting seduced by eclipso for shame.

spectre is pathetic sometimes.

Juntai
looked to me like the soectre was comatose. poor guy absorbed all kinds of magical energies and it still wasnt enough to defeat the am. am rocked spectres and the entire dc mulitverse and almost won. spectre was comatose so how did he kill am? i thought superman delivered the killing blow.

smokin'

I said Spectre stopped the Anti-Monitor, and he did..

Spectre was down, by his own choosing. They thought he was comotose but he was NOT. Or did you forget to read that part? Why should I bother asking, of COURSE you did.

When the magic users were trying to wake him and renergize him, and they said "HE RESISTS US, HIS POWER IS TOO GREAT" meaning he was down because he chose to be.

The History of the DCU lists Spectre as the one who stopped Anti-Monitor.
Spectre's Secret File lists him as the one that defeated Anti-Monitor.

As far as DC is concerned, Spectre defeated the Anti-Monitor.

Estacado
Cool...Cool...31

Gears? ermmnone

herbhaermm2
Bit later....313

quanchi112
I said Spectre stopped the Anti-Monitor, and he did..

Spectre was down, by his own choosing. They thought he was comotose but he was NOT. Or did you forget to read that part? Why should I bother asking, of COURSE you did.

When the magic users were trying to wake him and renergize him, and they said "HE RESISTS US, HIS POWER IS TOO GREAT" meaning he was down because he chose to be.

The History of the DCU lists Spectre as the one who stopped Anti-Monitor.
Spectre's Secret File lists him as the one that defeated Anti-Monitor.

As far as DC is concerned, Spectre defeated the Anti-Monitor. oh i guess old darkseid,luthor, superma werent needed. i guess the comic tells me something different. i mean hes comatose becuz he wanted to be.

he passed out becuz he wanted to be.

laughing

so hes a coward as well. seems to me he had a lot of help. did u actually read the comic. or was it really just spectre who did everything as he pussed out and remained comatose.

laughing

Juntai
oh i guess old darkseid,luthor, superma werent needed. i guess the comic tells me something different. i mean hes comatose becuz he wanted to be.

he passed out becuz he wanted to be.

laughing

so hes a coward as well. seems to me he had a lot of help. did u actually read the comic. or was it really just spectre who did everything as he pussed out and remained comatose.

laughing Apperently I did read it, because I'm the one out of the two of us that understood the book.
And his BIO and the HISTORY OF THE DCU both agree with me.
laughing

quanchi112
Apperently I did read it, because I'm the one out of the two of us that understood the book.
laughing if your to stubborn to admit that everyone played a part in defeating the am and not just the spectre then thats ur problem. spectre was passed out. he didnt want to face am again. superman and the rest of dc had to stop him becuz the spectre obvioulsy couldnt do it on his own. comprehend as you read next time.

Skeets
Bit later....313
KK...Originally posted by Juntai
Apperently I did read it, because I'm the one out of the two of us that understood the book.
laughing
Bullshit dude! You're just a Spectre fanboy ranting....Blah Blah...

You Suck!

Xplosive
As far as DC is concerned, Spectre defeated the Anti-Monitor.

Alone no.
We know there were also others who played a part in defeating Anti-Monitor.

Juntai
if your to stubborn to admit that everyone played a part in defeating the am and not just the spectre then thats ur problem. spectre was passed out. he didnt want to face am again. superman and the rest of dc had to stop him becuz the spectre obvioulsy couldnt do it on his own. comprehend as you read next time. Superman might have landed the final blow in Crisis, but that doesn't mean Spectre didn't beat him in their battle. Because he did. Spectre did what he had to do. He stopped and defeated the Anti-Monitor. As I said, DC's Bios and History also agree with it. I'm the one of the two us that IS understanding the story.

Juntai
Originally posted by Xplosive
Alone no.
We know there were also others who played a part in defeating Anti-Monitor. Playing part and being the direct insturment of crushing Anti-Monitor's glory are very different.

Juntai
KK...
Bullshit dude! You're just a Spectre fanboy ranting....Blah Blah...

You Suck!

31 *High five.*

quanchi112
Originally posted by Xplosive
Alone no.
We know there were also others who played a part in defeating Anti-Monitor. juntai knows this. at least i hope he does, spectre had his chance one on one and failed. he still played an important part but there were other important players as well.

Skeets
*High five.*
Canibus fan? sly

quanchi112
Playing part and being the direct insturment of crushing Anti-Monitor's glory are very different. so darkseid and luthor had nothing to do with this. you make no sense. no sense at all.

it was all the spectre according to you.

which it wasnt even in the slightest he stayed comatose like abich while the rest took him out. real men took him out while corrigan remained comatose.

Air Legend
Spectre didn't defeat the Anti Monitor.

Who did?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ELNh23yRiJc

Juntai
Canibus fan? sly The illest.

Juntai
so darkseid and luthor had nothing to do with this. you make no sense. no sense at all.

it was all the spectre according to you.

which it wasnt even in the slightest he stayed comatose like abich while the rest took him out. real men took him out while corrigan remained comatose. lolol.

Skeets
The illest.
In YOUR Opinion,mister...Originally posted by Air Legend

Who did?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ELNh23yRiJc
Nah,Spectre beat him...Originally posted by Juntai
lolol.
The Ignore feature works wonders...

Juntai
In YOUR Opinion,mister...
Nah,Spectre beat him...
The Ignore feature works wonders... He's been on ignore since the day he arrived. From time to time I 'click here' to see what stupid shit he's making up.

Juntai

Who did?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ELNh23yRiJc Spectre beat him. Superman did land the kill shot though. Still doesn't change the outcome of what transpired. Anti-Monitor got sent packing back to his own universe, his entire dream in ruins, his plans foiled and nearly dead. Spectre was 'comotose', but a few pages later we learn its because he chose to be. As is evident when they tried to wake him. "He resists us! His power is too great!". Spectre brought about the end of the Anti-Monitor. Both his Secret Files and the history of the DCU acknowledge him as the one.

Air Legend
Spectre beat him.
no
Spectre brought about the end of the Anti-Monitor.
yes And Superman defeated him by the definition of defeat.

Magee
I know it might be hard for 10 year olds to comprehend, but Superman would not have been able to put AM down with out the Spectre fighting/ defeating him before hand, understand?

Juntai
no

yes And Superman defeated him by the definition of defeat. Just because you chase a mortally wounded wolf to it's home and killed it, doesn't mean it wasn't defeated by the guy who stopped it, ruined its plans, wounded it, and sent it packing. My perspective is supported both the panels, context of the stories, and bios and overviews. Nothing supports Anti-Monitor smashing Spectre like a punk, like was being suggested earlier.

Similarly Spectre didn't land the final shot on Parallax/Hal Jordan in Zero Hour, but Hal thinks Spectre is the one that beat him, he even mused about the coincidence when he WAS the Spectre.. Secret Files also say Spectre is the one.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Magee
I know it might be hard for 10 year olds to comprehend, but Superman would not have been able to put AM down with out the Spectre fighting/ defeating him before hand, understand? ok there then u must be 8 years old. did u not see darkseid and luthor blast the shit out of am as well. it was a team effort to kill am. it wasnt just specrte u see. can u see this? do u think spectre soloed the am and could have beaten him on his own with no help?

answer the question.

quanchi112
Just because you chase a mortally wounded wolf to it's home and killed it, doesn't mean it wasn't defeated by the guy who stopped it, ruined its plans, wounded it, and sent it packing. My perspective is supported both the panels, context of the stories, and bios and overviews. Nothing supports Anti-Monitor smashing Spectre like a punk, like was being suggested earlier.

Similarly Spectre didn't land the final shot on Parallax/Hal Jordan in Zero Hour, but Hal thinks Spectre is the one that beat him, he even mused about the coincidence when he WAS the Spectre.. Secret Files also say Spectre is the one. was am done after spectre fought him. no did it atke the combine efforts of many dc characters to kill him while the spectre remained out cold. geez u like giving spectre more credit than he deserves. im not saying he didnt help but that they needed everyone to defeat the am. if u deny this then i am speechless.

Superherovandal
was am done after spectre fought him. no did it atke the combine efforts of many dc characters to kill him while the spectre remained out cold. geez u like giving spectre more credit than he deserves. im not saying he didnt help but that they needed everyone to defeat the am. if u deny this then i am speechless. he didn't completely defeat him but he did most of the work. and left the extremely weakened AM for the heroes to beat.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Superherovandal
he didn't completely defeat him but he did most of the work. and left the extremely weakened AM for the heroes to beat. well my point has always been that it wasnt just the spectre who beat him. he prolly did do most of it. i can live with that but he didnt defeat the am. the am still needed to be weakened and was killed by superman.

Superherovandal
well my point has always been that it wasnt just the spectre who beat him. he prolly did do most of it. i can live with that but he didnt defeat the am. the am still needed to be weakened and was killed by superman. sure but to say that it was because of Supes that AM was defeated would be wrong. if there were one person i would have to give credit for the victory it would have to be Spectre is all I'm saying.

Symmetric Chaos
Or how about the fact that Spectre was the only person who actually could go up against AM at the height of his power?

no expression

quanchi112
sure but to say that it was because of Supes that AM was defeated would be wrong. if there were one person i would have to give credit for the victory it would have to be Spectre is all I'm saying. when did i give superman all the credit. i simply said he killed him. which he did. trust me i know the facts.

and there is something glaringly incorrect about your statement. we are giving one being the credit for killing am. its the team as a collective whole.

stick out tongue

Superherovandal
when did i give superman all the credit. i simply said he killed him. which he did. trust me i know the facts.

and there is something glaringly incorrect about your statement. we are giving one being the credit for killing am. its the team as a collective whole.

stick out tongue i'm not saying he did it all by himself. i'm saying that he deserves most of the credit i like the analogy someone made about the wolf....

quanchi112
i'm not saying he did it all by himself. i'm saying that he deserves most of the credit i like the analogy someone made about the wolf.... ok ill give him most of the credit but not all of it. darkseid,luthor and superman played significant roles among others helping.

Superherovandal
true they played roles...but not significant to the extent Spectre did. without him the Multiverse would be gone and only the AM's universe would exist.

quanchi112
true they played roles...but not significant to the extent Spectre did. without him the Multiverse would be gone and only the AM's universe would exist. each role no matter how big or small played or factored into the am's defeat. u could say the same about them all.

Superherovandal
not really without supes... there could be another hero to beat AM at his deathbed of sorts...but without Spectre there would have been not a single person capable of standing in AM's way...

quanchi112
not really without supes... there could be another hero to beat AM at his deathbed of sorts...but without Spectre there would have been not a single person capable of standing in AM's way... do u know what would have happened if superman wasnt around in dc. hes always there. not just in this sotry. that wasnt very thought out. superman has more of a significant role in the multiverse than the spectre. and anyways what would happen if luthor and darkseid hadnt blasted am and good.

Juntai
Just because you chase a mortally wounded wolf to it's home and killed it, doesn't mean it wasn't defeated by the guy who stopped it, ruined its plans, wounded it, and sent it packing. My perspective is supported both the panels, context of the stories, and bios and overviews. Nothing supports Anti-Monitor smashing Spectre like a punk, like was being suggested earlier.

Similarly Spectre didn't land the final shot on Parallax/Hal Jordan in Zero Hour, but Hal thinks Spectre is the one that beat him, he even mused about the coincidence when he WAS the Spectre.. Secret Files also say Spectre is the one.

quanchi112
what are u talking about. darkseid and luthor helped bigtime. while the spectre wasnt even coherent to witness it. he biched out and was pathetic. he wasnt enough and needed tons of help to get the job done.

Erik-Lensherr
Spectre was stronger than the Anti-Monitor without any outside help . Stated and done . There's no debating about it .

kevdude
I haven't read JLA/Avengers yet but does the Living Tribunal ever show up anywhere??? I see The Spectre/Hal showed up and separated the 2 earths/universes. Also did any other New Gods get involved other then Metron??

Air Legend

If you think the Spectre defeated the AM by himself, then you are giving the Spectre to much credit. I'll concede that he did beat (pick up a victory over AM...I was going by the the definiton of defeat meaning kill) the Anti-Monitor but not without the help of the powerful sorcerors. They along with the rest of the DC verse deserve credit for defeating the Anti-Monitor. It would be erroneous to place all the glory on one person.

quanchi112
Spectre was stronger than the Anti-Monitor without any outside help . Stated and done . There's no debating about it . so he wasnt being aided by various sorcerers and what not. i suggest rereading that part. spectre had lots of help.

and for ur information he didnt kill am or stop him superman actually delivered the killing blow.

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
I haven't read JLA/Avengers yet but does the Living Tribunal ever show up anywhere??? I see The Spectre/Hal showed up and separated the 2 earths/universes. Also did any other New Gods get involved other then Metron?? ds got the infinity gauntlet. but it didnt work. poor darkseid always a day late.

quanchi112
If you think the Spectre defeated the AM by himself, then you are giving the Spectre to much credit. I'll concede that he did beat (pick up a victory over AM...I was going by the the definiton of defeat meaning kill) the Anti-Monitor but not without the help of the powerful sorcerors. They along with the rest of the DC verse deserve credit for defeating the Anti-Monitor. It would be erroneous to place all the glory on one person. this much cannot be argued with. spectre needed lots of help to contend with am. and at the end of the day he didnt kill am while superman had to actually deliver the blow.

BobbyD
this much cannot be argued with. spectre needed lots of help to contend with am. and at the end of the day he didnt kill am while superman had to actually deliver the blow.

Q,

I get that you like Thanos....a lot. But, one poor/bad showing by Spectre does not necessarily mean that Thanos can take him.

Everyone is entitled to a bad day once in a while. erm

quanchi112
Q,

I get that you like Thanos....a lot. But, one poor/bad showing by Spectre does not necessarily mean that Thanos can take him.

Everyone is entitled to a bad day once in a while. erm a bad showing. of course, but the spectre has shown without a host hes an outright dope. spectre needs someone to anchor him to reality otherwise he becomes the dumbest ghost out there. thanos would need a powerful item to contend with him i admit. but with the ig or the heart he wins hands down. he hasnt lost in combat with either while spectre well you know. he cant even handle being merged with the source and freaks out. thanos handles supreme power like nothing while the spectre doesnt. that simple.

BobbyD
a bad showing. of course, but the spectre has shown without a host hes an outright dope. spectre needs someone to anchor him to reality otherwise he becomes the dumbest ghost out there. thanos would need a powerful item to contend with him i admit. but with the ig or the heart he wins hands down. he hasnt lost in combat with either while spectre well you know. he cant even handle being merged with the source and freaks out. thanos handles supreme power like nothing while the spectre doesnt. that simple.

Yes, good points. But, not so simple. Hostless? Yes. Though I think he could pull a few victories out on his own against the IG, althought I'm not sure. Not against the HOTU however.

With a direct order from You Know Who, Thanos goes down easily with IG, and against the HOTU it is debatable because the HOTU is a device created by the TOAA, who is the same as the Presence. Though even then I have some uncertainty.

Does that makes sense?

quanchi112
Yes, good points. But, not so simple. Hostless? Yes. Though I think he could pull a few victories out on his own against the IG, althought I'm not sure. Not against the HOTU however.

With a direct order from You Know Who, Thanos goes down easily with IG, and against the HOTU it is debatable because the HOTU is a device created by the TOAA, who is the same as the Presence. Though even then I have some uncertainty.

Does that makes sense? no becuz for one reason spectre couldnt defeat the am. he needed all kinds of a magical boost up from various sorceres and what not. the spectre doesnt have the mastery over reality lik thanos had with the ig. it would be like thnaos caging him as joker did but he could do far worse than that.

thanos with the hotu would curbstomp him. thanos was supreme and did things on panel that would make the spectres stomach turn.

in both cases a thanos victory even if spectre were at his best with a top notch host.

TheEyesoGOD
no becuz for one reason spectre couldnt defeat the am. he needed all kinds of a magical boost up from various sorceres and what not. the spectre doesnt have the mastery over reality lik thanos had with the ig. it would be like thnaos caging him as joker did but he could do far worse than that.

thanos with the hotu would curbstomp him. thanos was supreme and did things on panel that would make the spectres stomach turn.

in both cases a thanos victory even if spectre were at his best with a top notch host.

I thought the Spectre with a host acting in Direct order from The Big Guy is literally God's Hand. Who's gonna stand up to God's hand? I also thought it was the Spectre's right and power to literally take the power from whom ever he wanted when ever he wanted. In essence, He didn't need any power from any mages becuz thier power is already his. Obviously he was acting on his own and didn't have the blessing of God or the AM would have been smashed to nothing ness. And if I remember, the Spectre's blast was the one that really did the AM in. Wasn't it called a infinite blast or something like that?

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheEyesoGOD
I thought the Spectre with a host acting in Direct order from The Big Guy is literally God's Hand. Who's gonna stand up to God's hand? I also thought it was the Spectre's right and power to literally take the power from whom ever he wanted when ever he wanted. In essence, He didn't need any power from any mages becuz thier power is already his. Obviously he was acting on his own and didn't have the blessing of God or the AM would have been smashed to nothing ness. And if I remember, the Spectre's blast was the one that really did the AM in. Wasn't it called a infinite blast or something like that? he called on all the power he could but failed to kill the am. he reamined comatose remember while the other heroes and villains fought on to end the am's threat.

TheEyesoGOD
he called on all the power he could but failed to kill the am. he reamined comatose remember while the other heroes and villains fought on to end the am's threat.

It was still the Spectre's power. The Phantom Stranger who is uber already, was tapping the Spectre's power. It seems like you dont' like certain characters that much. What gives? I thought this was a debate forum? Not about favorites. confused

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheEyesoGOD
It was still the Spectre's power. The Phantom Stranger who is uber already, was tapping the Spectre's power. It seems like you dont' like certain characters that much. What gives? I thought this was a debate forum? Not about favorites. confused the spectre chose to tap into other beings powers. its not about favorites its about facts. the spectre tapped into outside ower sources and challenged the am. he didnt succeed in destroying the am while that responsibilty was pushed off on the remaining forces to stop the am.

when did i ever say i disliked the spectre?

BobbyD
no becuz for one reason spectre couldnt defeat the am. he needed all kinds of a magical boost up from various sorceres and what not. the spectre doesnt have the mastery over reality lik thanos had with the ig. it would be like thnaos caging him as joker did but he could do far worse than that.

Q, you battle in circles. Your logic is circular reasoning. When you acknowledge something, don't bring it up again. We all know that YOU know that the Spectre didn't defeat the AM. However, this does not necessarily mean that he can not defeat Thanos. Get my drift?

ie Tiger Woods doesn't win a major. It does NOT mean that he still isn't the best golfer in the world. Know what I mean?

quanchi112
Q, you battle in circles. Your logic is circular reasoning. When you acknowledge something, don't bring it up again. We all know that YOU know that the Spectre didn't defeat the AM. However, this does not necessarily mean that he can not defeat Thanos. Get my drift?

ie Tiger Woods doesn't win a major. It does NOT mean that he still isn't the best golfer in the world. Know what I mean? good point but hes where i have you. we arent talking about tiger woods and golf. the spctre not defeating the am is like magic johnson losing to michael jordan to me. theres a new kid in town. when the spctre met this big bad force he lost. previously and after he has done better pretty much. thanos with the ig has more impressive on panel feats than the am and was never defeated he beat tougher forces all at once and wasnt weaknening at all. hell thanos even gave the heroes a chance and lowered his godhood. the spectre was down and out and the am was still defeated and killed.

so with this reasoning i can conclude that thanos with the ig has more impressive on panel feats in combat than either the spectre or the am. coincendentally the am wasnt put down by the spectre.

thanos with the ig wins hands down.

BobbyD
If you want base your opinion by on panel feats, you may have something. I'll give you that much.

However, for the most part, I think we'll have to agree to disagree. smile

quanchi112
If you want base your opinion by on panel feats, you may have something. I'll give you that much.

However, for the most part, I think we'll have to agree to disagree. smile i very rarely dont base my opinion off paneled feats. but hey i just think thanos with the ig was to versatile. i mean they guy can freeze time and kill off half the universe with a snap of his fingers. now thats power.

BobbyD
i very rarely dont base my opinion off paneled feats. but hey i just think thanos with the ig was to versatile. i mean they guy can freeze time and kill off half the universe with a snap of his fingers. now thats power.

Well, let me ask you then:

And I'm trying hard not to make this a religious argument, but I don't see how I can't: ...couldn't the power of God negate all that?

quanchi112
Well, let me ask you then:

And I'm trying hard not to make this a religious argument, but I don't see how I can't: ...couldn't the power of God negate all that? who has the power of god. becuz with this argument it should have been a cakewalk for spectre to have defeated am. he didn kill him so that theory goes right out the window.

BobbyD
...because he didn't use it, or wield it properly does not make

that theory go right out the window.

wink

Air Legend

Does that makes sense?

TOAA is not the same as the Presence. TOAA/God are above the omniverse/comic world. They draw and write everything we read in Marvel. The Presence is not the artist/writer and is merely a character in DC, a poor representation of the Abrahamic God. DC doesn't have a concept rivaling TOAA because of that.

BobbyD
TOAA is not the same as the Presence. TOAA/God are above the omniverse/comic world. They draw and write everything we read in Marvel. The Presence is not the artist/writer and is merely a character in DC, a poor representation of the Abrahamic God. DC doesn't have a concept rivaling TOAA because of that.

roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

Fine. Whatever. I know what you're getting at. If I have offended you, I'm sorry...merely semantics.

quanchi112
roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

Fine. Whatever. I know what you're getting at. If I have offended you, I'm sorry...merely semantics. no one should ever argue the presence vs TOAA its just a stalemate. thats that.

Air Legend
no one should ever argue the presence vs TOAA its just a stalemate. thats that.

quanchi112
i dont care. i just feel that both are equal. to me its silly to argue this but i see your point.

kevdude

I guess you don't realise that the real world has already been seen in DC and Mxy has went outside of the comic world and played around with the artist/writers before?? And The Spectre is ABOVE MXY! WoW what does that tell you?? The Presence must be above TOAA/Marvel God then. You see DC can play that game too if you want roll eyes (sarcastic)

kevdude
ds got the infinity gauntlet. but it didnt work. poor darkseid always a day late.

Well I know that part, but its not how you make it sound (I'm not surprised). DS got it and it didn't work in the DC realm, he through it away, cause he didn't care about it. The main reason he wanted it was because he heard it makes whoever wears it God, which isn't true wink

Spectre easily wins

Juntai

Spectre easily wins

kevdude

Hey sup Juntai?? Looks like we have another Onedumb with Q here big grin .

Juntai
Did you ever read Animal Man, when he met Grant Morrison?

kevdude
Nope what # was it?

quanchi112
Well I know that part, but its not how you make it sound (I'm not surprised). DS got it and it didn't work in the DC realm, he through it away, cause he didn't care about it. The main reason he wanted it was because he heard it makes whoever wears it God, which isn't true wink

Spectre easily wins no ds had it all arranged for him its not like he went out and earned it. big difference. thanos already had it so ds can play eith it and have second dibs on it. if thanos had the ig he would most definitely make spectre return to a comatose state.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>