who are the best sith lords in star wars history?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HAVOC REIGN
i want to know who thinks the sith lords are great, and if so which ones are the best

Darth_Janus
Vader
Sidious
Exar Kun
Revan
Marka Ragnos
Naga Sadow
Freedan Nadd
Nihilus
Traya

I miss any?

Fishy
No, but yu did add one that I hate and still don't consider a real Sith Lord. Nihilus, he's just a farm boy that eats power he's no Sith he's nothing

Darth_Janus
Alright. He gets filed under Force Abomination, since he's not really a human being anyhow.

Morridini
U forgot the first Darth, Darth Bane.

Darth_Janus
Bane wasn't the first, but yes, he counts too.

HAVOC REIGN
but what do you like about them

star22
1. Sidious
2. Vader
3. Exar Kun
4. Revan
5. Freedon Nadd

Those are my favorite

Otaku_Sith
I guess Sidious,he's not my favorite and all...But he can plan and stay unnoticed for a lot of years by the Jedi council and the Republic.

exanda kane
I like Revan for his thirst for knowledge and ancient secrets that have left many other searchers deadBut probably the reason why people like him is that you find out that your character is Revan in KOTOR, which is really cool.

Sidious is also cool considering all his political genius.

Darth_Glentract
Tyrannus should be on there.

jackstain
Tyranus is awesome, but i dont think one of the best of all time.

Sidious, Vader, KunT, Revan, Bane

just a few.

star22
Tyranus isn't the best, but he should still be on the list. He is pretty good.

Darth_Janus
He has style.

jackstain
Dooku is a badas$.

check out this deleted scene.....

jackstain
a lil' art from Dan The Man...aka jackstain...aka ME B1TcheS!!! woooo,hahahahahahaha!

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Darth_Janus
Here's more fan art... woo who!

jackstain
A: mine was cooler
B: i MADE it!

Darth_Janus
Pfft. I never said it was my fan art.

jackstain
i know.....but i did....muhuhahahahahaha.

ive lost my mind.

Darth_Janus
It's a fun experience.

Naga Sadow
Well, my favourite lord is Naga Sadow.
He is powerful as hell (throwing stars around) he has a lot of knowledge (learning from Ragnos himself) and he was also an alchemist, which means he had tremendous control of the force and also, he could do things, others can only imagine. He was also cunning, and played with other peoples minds without much problems. I mean he manipulate the whole sith empire into starting the war against Republic...

Darth Revan33
Ok, let's put it this way, Darth Revan is like the apex of power. I have become convinced that he is the strongest being ever in the Star Wars universe. Yes, Anakin and perhaps a few others COULD have been stronger but he didn't reach his full potential.

Now why do I say Darth Revan is the strongest? (dark side only, if he went light I don't think he would have been the strongest.) He had enormous potential, staring into his eyes was like staring into the heart of the Force. He was trained by Kreia, a powerful and wise Jedi. He plundered everything he could about the Jedi, he was the only one that fully resisted Malachor V and even Kreia could not. He plundered everything about the Sith on a planet sized Sith storehouse of knowledge, further enhancing his power, learning many ways to kill and turn Jedi, and he had tons of experience fighting the Mandalorians and Jedi.

Now, he loses his memories, and then trains again, plundering tombs of four powerful Sith Lords on Korriban gaining Tulak Hord's Sith holocron most likely, and visiting many worlds fighting many different types of opponents, including many dozens of Sith. He then kills Darth Malak and becomes even stronger than his first reign which Malak didn't even think was possible. Then he recovers his full memories including all of the knowledge of the Sith, the Jedi, and experience from fighting.

In conclusion, he had enormous potential, learned everything about the Sith and Jedi, experienced both the Light Side and the Dark Side twice, fought in many battles, planet scale and in single combat, against all types of different opponents, such as Jedi, Sith, Mandalorians, and echani in a golden age for Sith and Jedi, was a brilliant military strategist, and had a superior Will that was legendary. Not to mention he never lost a fight. In short, he had and did everything to gain more power, and he did it all very well. I don't think he could have done anything more to get stronger.

So Lord Revan is (imo) the most powerful being ever in the Star Wars Universe.

Darth_Glentract
Sorry Revan33, Revan isn't the only person who withstood Mlacor V, The Exile did also. Revan also was defeated by Malak when he fired upon his ship. That may be considered cheating, but regardless he was defeated. Also, you said he fought the Golden Age of the Sitrh and the Jedi. Sorry again, but the Golden Age of the Sith was several hundred years earlier.

Fishy
The golden age of the sith still lasted then.

Revan was never defeated by Malak... Its like saying Vader became dark lord of the Sith. Malak never faced Revan and won. Never, Revan was unbeatable in his time you can not deny this. Firing on his ship was nothing that made Malak great. It made everybody think Revan died and it made Malak like the Sith ideology but there is no reason to assume that Malak was ever more powerful then Revan. And to say that he did defeat him? Come on seriously... What the hell did Malak do besides order his troops to shoot. Its like saying Lando killed Darth Vader and the Emperor... He did blow up the Death Star after all

And the Exile did not withstand Malachor, he lost his connection to the force because of it, and Malachor is nice but the Star Forge now thats impressive. The Exile never did that, nobody did not even Malak, Malak got corrupted because of it. Revan withstood everything. The only things that ever withstood the power of the Star Forge were the ancient Rakatan. And we have no idea how powerful those guys were, we do know that the Star Forge eventually destroyed them though, nothing ever touched Revan besides a cheap trick on his ship.

Darth Revan33
well said Fishy. There isn't one thing to make Revan look weak anywhere.

Fishy
Except for lack of doing things...

People could say we have seen everything he can do, or perhaps that he has never faced anything that requires all his skill... Which is Revan's his biggest flaw, he has never been defeated and never met anybody that could defeat him. Meaning we have no real idea on Revan his power except for the fact that he is stronger then anybody else.

The most you know about Revan is that he is more powerful then anybody else walking around. Kinda the same thing as Ragnos had, never being defeated has one real downside... You have no idea how much you can handle

exanda kane
Was Revan that interested in domination thoug, I just thought he had an unsanitable thrist for knowledge, which is cool.

Fishy
Domination was his goal, knowledge was a means to an end. Why he wanted to conquer the Republic i don't know. Maybe it was to save it, maybe it was to test it. Maybe it was to punish it, or maybe just because he wanted to rule.

But he was interested in conquest, otherwise he wouldn't have conquered so much. Then again, he didn't fight as fast as he could taking his time, maybe he only wanted to test and improve himself in every possible way.

Darth Revan33
I agree with Fishy on both his posts.

exanda kane
Wow. Revan is like . . . the Bhudda. yes

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Sorry Revan33, Revan isn't the only person who withstood Mlacor V, The Exile did also. Revan also was defeated by Malak when he fired upon his ship. That may be considered cheating, but regardless he was defeated. Also, you said he fought the Golden Age of the Sitrh and the Jedi. Sorry again, but the Golden Age of the Sith was several hundred years earlier.

The Golden Age of the Sith began with Exar Kun, 40 years before Revan. Those two time periods are lumped into one, the Old Sith Wars, and are considered the Golden Age of the Sith.

Kelborn
My Favs is the following:
1#Bane
2#Naga Sadow
3#Raven
4#Exer Kun

I like Bane the most cause he was the smartest of the ancient sith. He didnt try to kill the rest for power until they were all dead.

plus he's just coo laughing out loud

Ancient sith meaning Marka Ragnos,Naga Sadow, and freedon nadd

eleveninches
Naga Sadow
Bane
Exar
Sidious
Marka Ragnos
Vader
Ulic
Nadd
Tyrannus
Maul
Raven

kenobi2004
man i think the best one is the one who taught sidious to use that technique in the force to make someone not die or bring them back from death....not sure of the name but i think he is so called darth plaigues

Naga Sadow
Sadow threw stars at jedi...Revan ever did somethin like that?...

exanda kane
Again, we don't know all about Revan . . . Just remember that

Naga Sadow
well, we dont know all anout sadow as well. as far as i am concerned, he could destroy a whole system...it just wasnt recorded big grin

exanda kane
True, but no one has written about him anymore, which means he probably didn't. I quite like him, but Revan is cooler . . . wink

Naga Sadow
well, i agreee that he looks cooler, but dude...STARS...THROWING...

lol, if any1 else could do it...then it would be "Star wars" Literaly

exanda kane
Yeah I know. But the whole 'looking for knowledge' thing that Revan has is so cool! Gee, he's like a library geek . . . with force powers

Naga Sadow
key word: GEEK

he probably has glasses below that mask.

Fishy
The thing with Revan is that we have never seen what he can do... Or maybe we have but he has never been defeated so we wouldn't know that...

Revan could for all we know be ping pong starring with Naga Sadow his ghost somewhere in the outer region... Which is one of the biggest weaknesses of Revan. We know he was a military genius an incredible fighter a scholar who was really smart and had an incredible will not to mention a great command of the force..

But thats it, we don't know if he could throw stars or not... Kinda sucks

exanda kane
MAybe a new force power for KOTOR 3?

Naga Sadow
erm 3 dark jedi facing u.
Throw nearest star at em....

dude u crazy? how many stars u htink u can throw in 1 star system...

Fishy
A force power that allows you to throw stars would be an incredible overkill smile Kinda fun though you could destroy an entire planet trying to kill a farmer you don't like

exanda kane
Not enough big grin
But maybe in a cutscene, Revan destroying Republic Fleet or something

IAmYourFather
I'd have to say that one of the best (not THE, but one of them) is Dath Plagueis the Wise. He had the power to influence midi-chlorians and keep his loved ones from dying. Also, he is essentially Anakin's father, for he gave Anakin's mother a strong influence of midi-chlorians, which impregnates her with Anakin. So, yeah...

Lord Lucien

Looking back on threads like these is like some egotistical time-traveller who goes back to 1500 and lets everyone know how round and solar-centered the world is.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by IAmYourFather
I'd have to say that one of the best (not THE, but one of them) is Dath Plagueis the Wise. He had the power to influence midi-chlorians and keep his loved ones from dying. Also, he is essentially Anakin's father, for he gave Anakin's mother a strong influence of midi-chlorians, which impregnates her with Anakin. So, yeah...

Prove it. Prove that DP influenced the midichlorians to create Anakin. Speculation.

Pyron_Knight
1. Marka Ragnos.
2. Naga Sadow
3. Ludo Kressh
4. Simus
5. Exar Kun
6. Darth Revan'
7. Ajunta Pall
8. Darth Traya
9. Darth Nihilus
10. Darth Sion

Palpatine, Vader and the PT Sith really don't even come close to those guys.

Lord Lucien
Of course.

truejedi
*facepalm*

Pyron_Knight
It was the Golden Age of the Sith for a reason ya know.

Golden Age = best. Thus the best Sith.

Palpatine and Vader are like in the...Copper Age.

Lord Lucien
That is absolutely horrible logic.

Pyron_Knight
Definition of Golden Age
"a time period when some activity or skill was at its peak"

So the Sith were at their peak during the Ancient Sith Empire. Why would the strongest Sith of when the Sith were at their strongest NOT be the best Sith ever?

Lord Lucien
The Sith were at their Golden Age thus far circa the Ancient Empire. There are plenty of future possibilities open.

And "Golden Age" doesn't not equate to "possessing of the most powerful beings". It can refer to size, wealth, height of peace. Which incidentally, the empire had.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Definition of Golden Age
"a time period when some activity or skill was at its peak"

So the Sith were at their peak during the Ancient Sith Empire. Why would the strongest Sith of when the Sith were at their strongest NOT be the best Sith ever?

By your own definition; "a time period when some activity or skill was at its peak." Get it? Some activity. Now think about this one real good before you carry on any further.

truejedi
lol, Sidious wasn't called the most powerful Sith in history or anything, REPEATEDLY. No. that didn't happen.

Jinsoku Takai
Right TJ. This cannot end well for PK if he insists on continuing down that road.

Slash_KMC
I thought he was kidding...

chilled monkey
I'd say that one of the best is Darth Krayt.

The thing about a lot of Sith Lords is that they're driven by fear. Look at Bane for example. Brought up by an abusive father, heavily in debt to the ORO company; he craves power because he's afraid of anyone else having power over HIM.

And it's the same with many of the others. Sure, Dooku claims that "Sith have no fear" but that's hogwash. They are greedy for power because they're afraid of others having it over them.

But Krayt, he wasn't like that. He didn't want power just for the sake of having it, he wanted it for a purpose. He believed in something bigger than himself and he taught his followers to do the same.

Plus, he had the guts to say "stuff Bane. I'll do it my way." He chose his own path rather than what he was simply expected to.

Pyron_Knight
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
I thought he was kidding...

Nah, that can't be it. Responding to a thread from 2005 with a 2005 mindset and an overly stupid position = for realz seriousness.

AthenasTrgrFngr
you fooled me sad

Pyron_Knight
lol Sorry.It was late and when I noticed what a horrible necro this was, I wanted to have some fun with it.

Q99
Originally posted by chilled monkey
I'd say that one of the best is Darth Krayt.

The thing about a lot of Sith Lords is that they're driven by fear. Look at Bane for example. Brought up by an abusive father, heavily in debt to the ORO company; he craves power because he's afraid of anyone else having power over HIM.

And it's the same with many of the others. Sure, Dooku claims that "Sith have no fear" but that's hogwash. They are greedy for power because they're afraid of others having it over them.

But Krayt, he wasn't like that. He didn't want power just for the sake of having it, he wanted it for a purpose. He believed in something bigger than himself and he taught his followers to do the same.

Plus, he had the guts to say "stuff Bane. I'll do it my way." He chose his own path rather than what he was simply expected to.

Well, I'd say Krayt is afraid of something happening to the galaxy, but yea, he's one of my favs too.

He created an incredibly badass order on his own in a fairly short period of time, defeated a strong Jedi order and in general made his own way.

akpwnz
This is the post I made that spawned from a very similar thread months ago

http://furiousfanboys.com/2010/05/the-10-most-powerful-force-users-of-the-dark-side/

Lord Lucien
I think I spotted Neb as the first poster in that thread.

Nephthys
What, why would Neb be on a site about fanboys?

Lord Lucien
He feels comfortable around his own kind? Iunno. Mutual Bane fellatio.

ADarksideJedi
Sidious
Vador

Lord Lucien
Vador.

Slash_KMC
If you can spell Sidious, but you can't spell Vader.

ares834
Krayt is definetly up there IMO. Probably second following Sidious.

Eminence
The Sith Emperor

And the Yellow Ranger.

Lord Lucien
She's dead you know.

Eminence
What's your point?

The black Yellow Ranger.

Not really.

Gideon
E
The Emperor Palpatine

Eminence

Gideon
No comment.

Eminence
Paradox.

Christopher Nolan could makemade a RFG movie about that.

Gideon
E
Paradox.

Christopher Nolan could makemade a RFG movie about that.

And emos around the world would carve his name into their forearms with a razor blade in jubilation.

Slash_KMC
If there is one thing emos really suck in, then it is killing themselves.

Srsly, why don't they just jump of a really high building?

Nephthys
http://www.eatliver.com/img/2010/5350.jpg

Q99
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
If there is one thing emos really suck in, then it is killing themselves.

Srsly, why don't they just jump of a really high building?

Because most of the time it's really a cry for attention and they'll grow out of it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.