Escape From Alcatraz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
I've got to take a second to share my thoughts on one of my favorite movies of all time, which I finally got around to purchasing this evening, "Escape From Alcatraz". Long before "The Rock" and "Shawshank", there was this little gem from 1979, when I was a mere 1 year old.

The movie is about the hardened Frank Morris played by Clint Eastwood, his 3 man gang, and their incredibly calculated breakout from the virtually inescapable Alcatraz. Frank's a clever felon, and with his inside resources, including those he befriended, it's just a lot of fun to watch what transpires. There's a ton of actual suspense that isn't spent after multiple viewings, high tension, really rich characters, and it's all based on a true story. However, who's to say the actual exploits were accurate, given the ultimate demise of the gang was never known.

If you're a fan of prison flicks and/or heist films that are smart and engaging, coupled with the ever present, Pre-MacGyver dated cunning of one Clint Eastwood, "Escape From Alcatraz" comes highly, highly recommended, and is a great Sunday afternoon view.

TheFilmProphet
I thoughts it was an amazing film, and even more the fact that it was based on a true story. If you enjoy this film then I would also recommend The Great Escape with Steve McQueen. This isn't about the Great Escape though, its about one of the greatest films of the late 70's and one of the many films that made Clint Eastwood the legend that he is today. I've seen this film countles times and I plan on seeing it many more times, it is one those rare films that you won't get tired of quickly and still remains fresh and new every single time you watch it.

jaden101
yep...a brilliant film...was on tv just last week as well...

papabeard
Ace film, It was on TV on BBC 1 , in Britain last Saturday

tabby999
i know this is only relevant by a hair but did anyone see Mythbusters?
they proved that it was possible for the men to escape alcartaz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.