NJO Luke vs. Mace, Nefarus style

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Nefarus
Setting: Jedi Temple council room. Just assume this is some crazy parallel dimension where Mace was alive and could meet Luke. Also, pretend that the Mace vs. Dooku duel I created happened. Oh, and just pretend sabers can be set to stun, I mean, there are practice sabers.

"So you are the son of the chosen one?"

Luke turned around to see a bald man with dark skin and eyes. He was wearing Jedi robes and garb, with a lightsaber attached to his belt. His presence was powerful, even though he wasn't that much taller or muscular than Luke.

"Chosen One?" Luke asked, not sure what the Jedi was referring to. "My father was Anakin Skywalker. I'm not familiar with him being a chosen one."

"Yoda must not have told you about the prophecy," the Jedi said, sitting in one of the empty chairs. "I remember sitting in this very chair along side master Yoda when we determined your father would not be trained. That rejection, especially from me, may not have been good for him."

Luke came and began to sit, but then moved over a chair in respect of Master Yoda, to which the Jedi nodded.

"You sat on the council with Yoda? What is your name?"

"I am Mace Windu, I'm sure that there aren't any details on my exploits in the archives anymore."

"No, but when I was first training with Yoda he told me many stories of powerful Jedi, including you. He told me that you used a dangerous and unique form of saber techniques."

Mace stood, leaving the robe behind him, bringing his saber to his hand. "Ahh yes, Vaapad, I invented it when I was only 12. I believed that a Jedi needed to be aggressive enough to win a battle, but with a level head to not slip into the darkside. It is not just a style, but a state of mind that uses both sides of the force to completely channel it's flow and make you more effective, especially against evil."

"Then you were the best?" Luke asked, not sure if Mace was hinting at it, or just waiting for a response.

"No," he replied quickly. "Master Yoda was by far superior to me with a saber, and before his turn to the darkside, Count Dooku defeated me as well. However, once he aligned himself with the darkness, it gave me the edge, despite his incredible skill with form 2."

"Form 2, that is the more saber to saber oriented form is it not?" Luke asked, hungry for the knowledge.

"Yes, form 2 was based on defensive manuevers and carious styles of fencing. While it was less effective against a blaster, it was most effective against a saber."

"Could you show me Vaapad?" Luke asked.

"I can spar with you, if that is what you are asking," Mace said, twisting a knob on his saber. "If you would care for a lesson, in Vaapad that is."

Luke smiled and adjusted his saber as well, and removed the extra clothing he did not need. He bowed when he stood and walked several feet away from Mace, bowing once more and saluting him with the saber. Mace nodded, readying his saber and his mind as the force began to fill him. Not only was he using the force, but the darkside was attempting to call upon him, but he knew how to control his thoughts, and focuses on his task.

Mace sprung at Luke with incredible speed, attacking low then overhead, mixing it up as he went. Luke stayed on the defensive, taking notes on Mace' movements. Although it was certainly aggressive like Luke fought, it left less openings. Mace and Luke locked their sabers, and Mace pushed Luke back with a force push, but Luke merely skidded across the floor as he crossed his arms, protecting himself with the force.

Luke came on the attacks now, adapting his style to more fit Mace and his movements. Luke could already see why his techniques were inferior to Master Windu's. He made his swings less broad and kept constant focus on where his feet where in conjunction to his blade.

Mace was in awe of the power from each attack, yet there was no anger channeling throug Mace from Luke. Luke was calm, relaxed and allowing the force to guide him. Mace realized that his powers were not as mighty as Luke's, but then realized he wasn't thinking clearly. Clearly for him anyway. He started to feel the rush of excitement combat gave a person, the spoils of victory and how good it felt to defeat someone with his saber.

Luke was back on the defensive now, as with each swing they came at stranger angles, with more power each time. Luke was worried, and why should he be? This is sparring, and it is between fellow Jedi, there should be no worry in his mind. That was not only a path to the darkside, but it seemed to make Mace more powerful as he did that.

Luke locked sabers again and used his strength to push it to the ground. Mace broke free and brought his saber under Luke's and forward to Luke's stomach. Luke was in the air immediately, flipping overhead Mace and parrying the swing as he went past the Jedi Master.

Luke landed on one of the empty chairs and was quickly followed by Mace. Mace began to drive Luke backward, as they each skipped from chair to chair during the duel. They completed nearly four revolutions around the circle when Luke started to notice the pattern they were in. He concentrated on the force around the next two chairs in the sequence and skipped to the next, focusing on that one specifically. When Mace made it to the particular chair Luke was focusing on, Luke used the force to let it out from under him.

Mace rolled forward, twisting his body to the right, allowing the chair to fall under him, but when he was on his feet again he quickly met sabers with Luke again.

"Resourceful," Mace complimented. "You use a form like your father, but you also fight like Obi-Wan."

Luke was touched by a comment like that. Obi-Wan was like a second father he had, third counting uncle Owen. Mace noticed Luke's concentration break and used a similar trick. He used the force to tip Luke's chair backward, but Luke went to the side, and srung from his free hand, and thrusted forward with his saber. Mace parried, but barely in time as the green glow of Luke's saber nearly struck the tip of his nose.

Luke was in control again, keeping his pace slow, but fast enough to counter Mace's attacks. When Luke blocked a downward swing, he pushed Mace's arms upward and began another leap, twist flipping like he did before, but using the force to propell him into a quick roll when he landed.

Mace through the saber behind his back, not seeing Luke's attack, but expecting it; although he blocked the swing, Luke's saber poked him in the chest a second later. Luke's strike at Mace's back was not an actual strike, but the saber coming forward as Luke rolled, bouncing off of Mace's saber. When Luke completed his somersault, he stabbed backward, over his left shoulder, surprising Mace and himself.

"Indeed you are the son of the chosen one," Mace replied, letting his grip of Vaapad go, despite the minor notions of jelousy and still wanting to win, but they left once Mace's saber was turned off. "Form of your father, the resourcefulness of Obi-Wan, and you use manuevers similar to Master Yoda, whom would be most proud of your skills."

Luke and Mace shared a nod, then turned their attention to the chairs they had knocked over. Each grabbed a chair and carried it back to it's place, then sat in their original spots.

"Wait," Mace said, just before Luke sat again. "Sit in Yoda's former seat. It was meant for the master."

Luke nodded and obeyed, despite the fact he was being called master. They each began to meditate and fell through the force a familiar precense, one who's wisdom could never leave them, even after his death.

Master Yoda.

"Proud indeed, I am, Luke," Yoda's voice echoed in Luke's mind. "A very powerful Jedi you have become, like your father."

Luke smiled, remembering when he first met Yoda and how hard the old Jedi was on him. He thought back to those days and realized how far he had come, not just as a Jedi, but as a person in general. He remembered how he was afraid to become like his father, afraid of the darkside. But as he proved above Endor's moon, his father still existed in the dark shell of Darth Vader, and Luke was able to return him to the light.

Luke was now glad to be like his father. A good pilot, able to fix things, and above all, the affinity for the power and knowledge to protect the universe from evil.

This pride was unlike other pride; it was something only a Jedi could ever know.

Fishy
Great story, I don't like the way it goes but great story, personally I don't think Luke could have won in a lightsaber duel, when drawing heavily on the force and using force attacks then he could win IMO. But still great story

Darth_Janus
The writing was excellent. By far the best I've seen out of you yet. I think it was fitting for a spar, although I am not so sure Mace would have been so easily bested. Finishing Shatterpoint and watching ROTS will solidify my view of his style.

jackstain
You're the maN.

I need to get crackalackin' on the maul vs grievous thing.

Darth_Nefarus
Well, it was only sparring, had they been fighting to the death, I would have incorporated more force powers and kicks to the face etc.

Darth_Glentract
it was really good.

SnakeEyes
Bravo!
BTW: Where is the Maul versus Jango one?

Darth Mantis
That was great one Nefarus just like always... I can't find nothing wrong with your stories... Excellent

Lord_Windu
NICE!!!!! That was one awesome story.

Darth_Nefarus
The Maul vs. Jango story was postponed so I could research a few specific spots in Coruscant, I want to really nail it

Wanderer259
I liked it a lot, actually. And to be honest, I actually enjoyed the non-fighting bits a bit more than the actual fight.

I still don't know what to write, myself; I can't decide.

Darth_Janus
How about Keninja versus somebody more around his level?

Darth_Nefarus
Dude, write ANH Obi-Wan vs. ROTS Dooku
it would be classic old men with sabers and arthritis

Shadow Jedi
that was a good one write more bout marka ragnos versus luke skwalker or something like that

SithKiller
I think if you keep writing in these threads Nefarus ...I will never leave this forum....lol....Damn good man!

Fishy

SithKiller
That was okay....I really liked the coconut hitting Mace on the head...... laughing out loud classic....and even though Kyle is sithspit good to see him in another story...you need an editor though...lol..jus messin first of your stories Ive read not bad...I couldnt have done as well...Im a reader not a writer...lol

exanda kane
im sorry but nefarus's story was worse than mine, and mine was a twenty minute job!

Fishy
No it wasn't, his story was great...

And thx Sith but i'm not a writer either, i just didn't like the way Mace lost so I decided to make my own story of how I thought it would go.

Darth_Nefarus
Kane, was my story worse than your piece of crap called Jango's Clone vs. Darth Maul?

exanda kane
No. Sorry big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.