May 12th DC Premiere of ROTS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kremzike

acedanger
That's Awesome sounds like you had a great time!! Just curious about one major spoiler in the movie. Does Sidious imply that he created Anakin? Thanks in advance.

jedi2187
Very kewl! I read your review on MF also. Yeah, I heard from several people that after watching this one, you'll want to go right home and start watching ANH!
C'mon 19th! hurry up and Get HERE NOW!!!!http://www.yetanothercommunitysystem.com/yacs/smileys/images/vader.gif

DARTH DADDY
After seeing it now, if you had kids would you think that the darkness of the movie is too much for them?

DCLXVI
kremzike> That's awesome. You've reinstilled my anticipation....eek!

kremzike

DARTH DADDY
thanks

acedanger
Thanks!! kremzike

JKozzy
Tell me:
Is Duel of the Fates in the movie? The Anakin vs Obi-Wan track is like three minutes long, and for some reason I think the duel is much longer than that.
Approx. how long is each duel? Any cool tidbits you can remember about a specific one?

Just a few things that had been bothering me. Thanks in advance smile

vader519
Hey man, great review. I was wondering how was the duel. I already know it is going to be awesome, but how long is, and I know Vader does not have much screen time which is okay, but again how long is he on screen.

macgeek2005
So.. what's your favorite Star Wars movie now?

HAROLD
Darth Daddy, you misspelled 'angels' under your name.

Stefan Kojic
Just one question about the duel between Obi and Anie. When Obi injures Anie, did anybody expect the end of the duel at that point? Or did Anakin show a sign of fatigue before that? HOW GOOD WAS THE DUEL?

Darth_Vader05
Thats cool in glad you had an awesome time i cant wait until this movie the bootleg i downloaded wasnt the whole thing it was just a bunch of clips put together. I deleted it off my comp so does anyone know if there is an actual bootleg out there?

kremzike
JKozzy: Yes, DOTF is in the movie. It's used quite well as the music for Yoda/Sidious.

The whole film seemed to go by so fast, as did the duels. It was hard to see how long each went. The track "Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan" actually pauses & then resumes during the pre-fight talking between Yoda & Sidious. Looking back, it was a pretty good length. I just couldn't tell you how long. Yoda/Sidious was not as long, of course, but was a decent length. Mace/Palps was just a few minutes I believe. Same for the Dooku duel, which I wish was just a bit longer actually. Obi-Wan/Grievous is a lot of fun. Obi-Wan kicking Grievous & then grabbing his own shin & yelling "Oooow!" was not done badly at all, but it did elicit a laugh from the crowd. A good laugh. Some of the peril that Ani & Obi find themselves in during their fight was really cool. I don't want to tell you specifics on these because I was pleasantly surprised by them in the film.

Mace/Palpatine was better than I expected, but I guess it's still the "worst" of the duels in the film.

vader519: Suited Vader is on screen & awake for maybe a total of 3 minutes. It really is brief, but i'm happy to say that I don't feel that it was too short.

macgeek2005: ROTS & ROTJ are tied for my favorites currently. A lot of people hate ROTJ, but it'as the one I saw in theaters as a child, and I have always felt that the Luke/Vader/Palpatine stuff was the highlight of the OT for me. These two are the mirror images of each other. ROTJ has the great triumph that makes me love it. ROTS has the great tragedy that makes me love it and makes my favorite parts of ROTJ mean that much more.

Stefan Kojic: Some people near me had played the game, so they knew it was coming by claims of "Here it comes" as Obi-Wan mirror's the actions seen in the game's FMV. I was deeply concentrating on the film at this point because I knew it was coming as well, but I think I heard a few faint "ooooo!"'s when Obi-Wan struck the winning blow. Anakin showed no fatigue at all before he lost. It was a great duel, indeed. Thankfully, they do stop & exchange some banter at one point during it. If they didn't, the emotional content might have faded into the background for some.

SithSpy
damn thats awesome, i was gonna go to the DC premier (im about 20min SE of DC) but i didnt have the 250 for the tix's

The Ones
kremzike, how does mace windu die?

kremzike
Mace Windu flies out of the Chancellor's office window being propelled by Palpatine's Force Lightning & fades away, presumably falling to his death. Just after Anakin cuts a good portion of his saber-handling arm off. I think that, unlike his claims & wishes, Samuel L does, indeed, go out like a b*tch.

TheAnimal
kerm how was the final duel?

Morridini
Hmm, I take it from what u have said that there aren't any "get on with it" moments in the movie? When things just drags out too long.

and how is the Birth of the twins seen made? Do we see/hear th birth or do we see something else during the birth. and what about Leia's memory of Padme she tells Luke about in RotJ?

mace7386
Hey Krimz about how long does it take for Palps to kill Agen kolar, Saesee Tiin and Kit Fisto, do they go out like punks?

kremzike
Originally posted by Morridini
Hmm, I take it from what u have said that there aren't any "get on with it" moments in the movie? When things just drags out too long.

and how is the Birth of the twins seen made? Do we see/hear th birth or do we see something else during the birth. and what about Leia's memory of Padme she tells Luke about in RotJ?

Man, the movie moves SO FAST! I never felt as though things were moving slow at all.

You see the birth. Intercut with Vader's assembly. There's nothing for Leia to actually grasp on to. She's born second, so she was in the womb about 15 seconds longer than Luke. That count? smile

mace7386 - They totally go out like punks. Mere seconds for Kolar & Tiin. Not very much longer for Fisto. Mace might as well have gone alone!

astrofan428
Hey Krem, how does Obi-Wan react to seeing what Anakin did in the temple? Does he fall down like in the book?

kremzike
No, he doesn't fall. He just says he can't watch anymore. I would've liked the fall, but it didn't happen.

I'm at work now. Hopefully i'll be able to jump on from time to time to see if anyone is waiting for answers. smile If not, i'll be home sometime after 1am EST.

astrofan428
Damn!

Thanks for the answer.

mace7386
Does anyone know then who it is that is revealed to be the one who erased Kamino from the jedi archive hopefully kremzike if u can much appreciated.

kremzike
Originally posted by mace7386
Does anyone know then who it is that is revealed to be the one who erased Kamino from the jedi archive hopefully kremzike if u can much appreciated.

It's not mentioned at all in the film. I believe your answer is in the book Labyrinth Of Evil. I usually stay away from the books because EU doesn't mater to me, but this is one of the rare exceptions as it's plot points were authorized by Lucas. If I remember it correctly, Dooku did it before he left the Jedi order.

El_NINO
Kremzike i would like to know what does Qui Gon say to yoda or anything that Qui Gon says in the film.

JKozzy
Originally posted by kremzike
JKozzy: Yes, DOTF is in the movie. It's used quite well as the music for Yoda/Sidious.

The whole film seemed to go by so fast, as did the duels. It was hard to see how long each went. The track "Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan" actually pauses & then resumes during the pre-fight talking between Yoda & Sidious. Looking back, it was a pretty good length. I just couldn't tell you how long. Yoda/Sidious was not as long, of course, but was a decent length. Mace/Palps was just a few minutes I believe. Same for the Dooku duel, which I wish was just a bit longer actually. Obi-Wan/Grievous is a lot of fun. Obi-Wan kicking Grievous & then grabbing his own shin & yelling "Oooow!" was not done badly at all, but it did elicit a laugh from the crowd. A good laugh. Some of the peril that Ani & Obi find themselves in during their fight was really cool. I don't want to tell you specifics on these because I was pleasantly surprised by them in the film.

Mace/Palpatine was better than I expected, but I guess it's still the "worst" of the duels in the film.

vader519: Suited Vader is on screen & awake for maybe a total of 3 minutes. It really is brief, but i'm happy to say that I don't feel that it was too short.

macgeek2005: ROTS & ROTJ are tied for my favorites currently. A lot of people hate ROTJ, but it'as the one I saw in theaters as a child, and I have always felt that the Luke/Vader/Palpatine stuff was the highlight of the OT for me. These two are the mirror images of each other. ROTJ has the great triumph that makes me love it. ROTS has the great tragedy that makes me love it and makes my favorite parts of ROTJ mean that much more.

Stefan Kojic: Some people near me had played the game, so they knew it was coming by claims of "Here it comes" as Obi-Wan mirror's the actions seen in the game's FMV. I was deeply concentrating on the film at this point because I knew it was coming as well, but I think I heard a few faint "ooooo!"'s when Obi-Wan struck the winning blow. Anakin showed no fatigue at all before he lost. It was a great duel, indeed. Thankfully, they do stop & exchange some banter at one point during it. If they didn't, the emotional content might have faded into the background for some. Thanks for the info, kremzike! That makes the 5 days seem like less smile

kremzike
Originally posted by El_NINO
Kremzike i would like to know what does Qui Gon say to yoda or anything that Qui Gon says in the film.

Qui-Gon says NOTHING! That scene has been cut. Yoda only mentions him to Obi-Wan near the final scenes of the film.

Stefan Kojic
What's your favourite scene from ROTS? At what point does Anakin turn to the Dark Side( is it during the Mace vs Sidious duel)? What do they show of Order 66?

Stefan Kojic
Thanx in advance, Kremzike!

kremzike

star22
Awesome! I can't wait! Go dark side!!

Ken Kenobi
Excuse my language, but the way you have worded your reviews and everything is F*CKING AWESOME!

You're damn lucky man.

I would gladly have paid that expensive ticket price to see it early.

star22
I would have. THere was a charity showing near me. Unfortunately, it cost about $500, and I really didn't have that kind of money.

Stefan Kojic
Do we see Yoda land on Daegoobah? Do the droids get their memories erased? What are Obis last words to Anakin? THAAANNXXX!!!!

kremzike
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Excuse my language, but the way you have worded your reviews and everything is F*CKING AWESOME!

You're damn lucky man.

I would gladly have paid that expensive ticket price to see it early.

You know, you'd think that with the way I talk, they would've used my interview footage on TV, but NOOOOOOOOO! The german stuff is HERE and i'm not in any of it. The 2 folks they show are camping out for midnight on the 19th. There was also local news coverage, but the most I got was a 2 second shot of my face and the marquee. None of my interview footage either. But there's enough of my face in the taped & live segments to satisfy my vanity. stick out tongue

TheAnimal
how does palpatine get his face all f*cked up and is by anakin?

star22
He is fighting Mace. No, its by Mace, not Anakin.

TheAnimal
sweet

kremzike
Originally posted by Stefan Kojic
Do we see Yoda land on Daegoobah? Do the droids get their memories erased? What are Obis last words to Anakin? THAAANNXXX!!!!

The Dagobah scene is not in the film at all.

As for the droids Bail Organa orders that C-3PO's memory is wiped only. I had read in the Making Of book about how Smits was directed to say the line in a way that would show that droids are simply like cell phones are to us. Like an afterthought. But, damn. I wasn't prepared for it to be so quick and uncaring. It's kinda funny the way he says it. There was, I believe in the novel, a bit of dialog where C-3PO claims he can't wait to tell Leia about her real parents, and that's what makes Bail order his memory erased. That's not in the movie. The shot is like 7 seconds! Along the lines of, "Captain Antillies. See to these droids. Have them refited with the best parts , they will belong to my new daughter. And have the protocol droids memory wiped." Antillies gives a "Yes, sir." and Threepio gives his trailer-seen "Oh, no." line.

Obi-Wan post duel says "You were the chosen one! You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them!" Anakin yells, "I HATE YOU!!!" In the books, Obi-Wan has a couple more lines, but they're not in the film. There was even a bit in the Making Of book where Ewan & GL discuss these lines, changing their tense to fit the situation. Yet they still cut them from the film. It would've been, "I loved you... but I could not help you." Maybe they'll make the DVD. smile

Palpatine's face gets messed up as a result of his own Force Lightning being deflected off of Mace's saber. It's not really quick. He's doing his best, shooting the lightning at Mace for a good amount of time, and Mace is trying hard to keep his saber up to deflect it. They're so close to each other that the reflected bolts strike Palpatine in the face. It's interesting CG work as the damage takes place. I'm looking forward to seeing it again & letting more of those type of details soak in.

TheAnimal
the c3po memory whipe sounds awsome. think now c3po and antiles on the tantivei v in ep4. krem thanks bro. this movie will whoop some ass

Stefan Kojic
Is the duel between Obi and Anie better than the Ep. 1 final duel? Do they show Jar Jar at the funreal scene and does he say anything? Does Anie use his red saber in the movie? What is the last scene of Yoda?

kremzike
Originally posted by Stefan Kojic
Is the duel between Obi and Anie better than the Ep. 1 final duel? Do they show Jar Jar at the funreal scene and does he say anything? Does Anie use his red saber in the movie? What is the last scene of Yoda?

This duel is not the same as Obi/Maul. That one was great based on the pure awesomeness of the moves they executed. This duel is ultra fast, but the most important thing about it is the underlying emotion. So, depending on what you look for in a lightsaber duel, you'll have to decide for yourself which you like better. Me? I like Ani/Obi better.

Jar Jar says not one word in his 2 very brief shots. He is in he funeral scene. To tell you the truth, on the ride home, my friend and I kinda wished they gave him just a tad more. I wouldn't have minded seeing more of the sadness of Jar Jar, Sio Bibble & her other Naboo friends & such.

Ah, i'm glad you asked about Ani's red saber. Just like I and many others said many many times, many many moons ago, it is...... deep breath........ BLUE.... VERSUS... BLUE!!! The only red saber Anakin touches is in the Dooku duel.

Yoda's last scene is talking to Obi-Wan in the Tantive IV conference room about the twins fate & Obi-Wan's "further training."

Darth_Vader05
So no one knows about the bootleg im suprised no one recorded it at the charity screenings i cant wait for this movie how long is it i heard 2 hrs 26 mins?

kremzike
Originally posted by Darth_Vader05
So no one knows about the bootleg im suprised no one recorded it at the charity screenings i cant wait for this movie how long is it i heard 2 hrs 26 mins?

Yeah, a very fast paced 2 hours & 26 minutes. You never think it's going to slow. It's great.

After the speeches given at my screening, a lady read a disclaimer/warning about anyone using recording devices. There was almost no way anyone was going to bootleg it at the DC show unless they were on the balcony. I doubt that we'll see any bootlegs from any of the charity screenings. But next week, we'll surely start seeing some.

TheAnimal
how long was the wookie battle? and was padme's death scene fast and quick or slow?

thechosenone738
Hey Kremz I heard that yoda is really sweet in this one is it true of the battle that he has with Sids

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by thechosenone738
Hey Kremz I heard that yoda is really sweet in this one is it true of the battle that he has with Sids No it's the dumbest thing he's ever seen What the f**k?

kremzike
Originally posted by TheAnimal
how long was the wookie battle? and was padme's death scene fast and quick or slow?

The wookiee battle is hard to call a battle at all. Truth be told, anyone hoping to get a huge dose of wookiee goodness from ROTS is setting themselves up for a disappointment. The Kashyyyk batle is SO VERY BRIEFLY SHOWN. The only reason it's there at all is to get Yoda off of Couruscant before the temple attack takes place. The scenes look great, there's just barely any of them there. No real set up of the batle at all. You get there. Battle starts. I actually don't recall seeing an ending to it.

Padme's death is fairly quick after she's delivered the twins. The droid says that she's physically fine but has lost the will to live before she even gives birth. Luke's born first, then Leia. As Obi-Wan holds Luke, Padme tells Obi that there's still good in Anakin & she passes away soon after.

Yoda is cool. He looks better than AOTC, but I don't think any of his ROTS stuff is some super-giant leap ahead in his performance. It is great, but I don't think it's going to blow you away completely. If your favorite character is Yoda, then maybe it will blow you away to see him do certain things he hasn't before. My favorite Yoda spot in ROTS is when he and Obi-Wan make their way into the temple. That's where he's the most bad ass to me. Particularly how he defeats one Clone Trooper. Other than that, it's great but not the best thing in the film.

Or what LandoSpeeder2 said. big grin

Stefan Kojic
What's the very first scene of ROTS? Does Anie cry and why? Does he have yellow Sith eyes?

kremzike

JKozzy
Alright, few more questions. The Sith Eyes bit from the teaser trailer, is that reversed in the movie, like instead of looking at us, he looks away, or how does that fit into the movie?

Secondly, how much 'Vader' do we exactly see, after he's been rebuilt? How much does JEJ say for Vader in the film?

And I assume you're familiar with the soundtrack. This might be a bit much, but could you say where each track is played? The main ones that I'm curious about are:
05: General Grievous
10: Anakin's Dark Deeds
11: Enter Lord Vader
12: The Immolation Scene

But if you wanted to just do a list of the rest, that'd be cool. I can understand if you didn't listen to it much though, and couldnt remember it from the movie. But if you can, many thanks in advance smile

JKozzy
Originally posted by kremzike
My favorite Yoda spot in ROTS is when he and Obi-Wan make their way into the temple. That's where he's the most bad ass to me. Particularly how he defeats one Clone Trooper. Other than that, it's great but not the best thing in the film. Like in the novelization, is he a 'Jedi baby' here?

My lightsaber, the first clue, would be. <- that line? stick out tongue

kremzike
Originally posted by JKozzy
Like in the novelization, is he a 'Jedi baby' here?

My lightsaber, the first clue, would be. <- that line? stick out tongue

No, that doesn't happen at all. The scene just cuts right into the fighting between the Clones & them. The part I like most is when Yoda throws his saber and it impales a Clone Trooper in the chest, then he hops on his chest & pulls it back out.

kremzike

JKozzy
No worries, kremzike. I'm so stoked, I'm setting it up so I see it Thursday and Friday. eek! big grin

kremzike
Yeah, i'm now going to a midnight show, then a noon show & an evening show on Thursday. I actually started a 3 week vacation today, and I wouldn't doubt that a lot of that time will be spent seeing ROTS!

ApolloX
Is the obi/ani duel intercut with other things or straight through?

JKozzy
I haven't seen it, but from what I heard, it's intercut with Yoda vs. Sidious for a little while, but that ends much sooner than The Duel, which then goes straight through to the end. I might be wrong, but that's last I heard.

kremzike
The beginning is intercut with Yoda/Sidious, and Yoda's escape. After that it's all Ani/Obi.

astrofan428
I just want to ask you one question Krem. One part that seems to be constantly criticized is the floating lava platform scene, what did you think of it? And did hurt the overall effect of THE DUEL?

Thanks in advance.

kremzike
Originally posted by astrofan428
I just want to ask you one question Krem. One part that seems to be constantly criticized is the floating lava platform scene, what did you think of it? And did hurt the overall effect of THE DUEL?

Thanks in advance.

I'm glad you asked that question. I had heard the same thing before going in, and I was watching for anything to look off during that portion of the duel. Well, to me, the whole thing looks great. The movements didn't look awkward, be it the platform or camera ones. I don't know what anyone who's seen it can say bad about it. I just IMed my friend who was at the screening with me and asked if he thought anything looked bad or off with that. He said no, it looked good to him. Nothing looked like bad CG to me, so nothing hurt the duel. I loved it. As I said earlier, I like it more than Obi/Maul, and I explained what I think are the differences in those duels as well.

astrofan428
Great, I am really glad to hear that. All the build up for he duel and then I started hearing people say this part didnt come off right, got me worried.

Thanks a ton man!

Cassius
Hi bad news on the footage from the German tv crew. Thats a statale (state ?) channel and well the average German viewer of ARD and ZDF is old enough to have swept some lead through American GIs or any of the other factions. If not that old old enough not to care about ST or the Internet. Do u remember if they mentioned a show or something ? I ll try to see if I find something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.