PS2 Online Play

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

powerfulone1987
I have been wondering for a long time how to achieve online play.

I have never gotten into it but would like to.

One Problem:

I don't not know what I need to buy to get into online play.
I know I am suppose to get that big black rectangular thing to put on the back of the PS2, but what else am I suppose to get and then what do I do.

Any comments/solutions/ANSWERS are greatly needed/welcomed/THANKED.

Thanks.

hotsauce6548
Get Xbox Live. It's a whole lot better.

Unless, of course, you don't have Xbox.

Then, I would suggest to you to buy an Xbox.

Then get Xbox Live. big grin

Delta 62
I bought an Xbox specifically for Ninja Gaiden big grin

Lobo
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
I have been wondering for a long time how to achieve online play.

I have never gotten into it but would like to.

One Problem:

I don't not know what I need to buy to get into online play.
I know I am suppose to get that big black rectangular thing to put on the back of the PS2, but what else am I suppose to get and then what do I do.

Any comments/solutions/ANSWERS are greatly needed/welcomed/THANKED.

Thanks.

This link should help.

http://www.us.playstation.com/onlinegaming.aspx

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Lobo
This link should help.

Thank goodness, I was beginning to fear that this whole thread was going to turn into a "why I should convert to Xbox".

I don't like Xbox, and it's games are unattractive. If it wasn't for Halo, Xbox would be dead.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Lobo
This link should help.

I forgot to thank you, so thanks.

JToTheP
Thank goodness, I was beginning to fear that this whole thread was going to turn into a "why I should convert to Xbox".

I don't like Xbox, and it's games are unattractive. If it wasn't for Halo, Xbox would be dead.

AHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!! THAT'S SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! laughing YOUR A GENIUS!!!!!! Happy Dance

powerfulone1987
Well I can't complain with that last statement,lol.
Thanks.

JToTheP
Hey, we spit da truth. stick out tongue laughing out loud

RaventheOnly
jawdrop Halo....... i never even bought the first Halo and x-box still owned PS2 no expression

dAngEr_Is_gO!

I can tell from the last statement that you've really given it a lot of time and thought.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by RaventheOnly
jawdrop Halo....... i never even bought the first Halo and x-box still owned PS2 no expression

Judging by how you stated this, I'm guessing you bought the second Halo.

Well either way I doubt this.
Xbox has always been low in the ranks and Sony has always dominated and I don't think the new Xbox is going to do anything to help the Xbox's status in the ranks.

Just my opinion, well everything but the fact about how Sony is the dominator and Xbox is.....just well Xbox.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by dAngEr_Is_gO!
I can tell from the last statement that you've really given it a lot of time and thought.

Whether this statement was meant to be sarcastic or not it doesn't matter because I know what I like and don't like and I like Playstation and dislike Xbox.

And this thread is turning into just what I feared it would turn into,ugh, oh well, yall just couldn't resist yourselves.

A thread devoted to Playstation was bound to get Xbox lovers cause no matter what they will always feel the need to put Playstation down because they feel threated by it and all this just means is that yall are insecure.

If Xbox was as great as yall say it is, yall wouldn't need to come on here trying to convert people, if it's so great yall should have more people than yall can keep track of already on the Xbox train wagon or whatever it is.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Oh I totally agree that you shouldn't have to have people trying to get you to bow down to the great god Gates, when you are enquiring about the PS2, fair call. However when you make an ignorant and baseless statement like the one about Halo you might as well be strapping a "kick me" sign to your back.

powerfulone1987
I was trying to be mean, but that's what they say.

It is actually true, if it wasn't I wouldn't of said nothing.

Well maybe it wouldn't be dead right now if not for Halo, but it would be fairly close.

Is that better.

pr1983
Originally posted by RaventheOnly

you are kidding right? sony kicked the xbox's ass... why? better games...

Zen2nd
I view your opinions as stupid. Can't complain as thats my opinion isn't it.

1)PS2 online service is very poor.
2)Hard to make friends as you you don't have the same ID through out all the games.
3)Don't even have a friends list.
4)Its also extremely difficult to get online with a PS2 some of my friends have had great difficulty with trying to get it too work.
4)All of the games on PS2 have lag.
5)Not all games support a headset.

pr1983
Originally posted by Zen2nd
I view your opinions as stupid. Can't complain as thats my opinion isn't it.

1)PS2 online service is very poor.
2)Hard to make friends as you you don't have the same ID through out all the games.
3)Don't even have a friends list.
4)Its also extremely difficult to get online with a PS2 some of my friends have had great difficulty with trying to get it too work.
4)All of the games on PS2 have lag.
5)Not all games support a headset.

i was talking about offline... not online... online ps2 is horrible...

Mainstream
really? never did the online thing.

Zen2nd
I was talking about the thread title

pr1983
Originally posted by Zen2nd
I was talking about the thread title

ok, my bad...

powerfulone1987
Well you misunderstood the title wrong.

I made this thread to understand how to get my PS2 online, not just to talk about PS2's online advantages and faults. You can, but it's not limited to that, so don't expect everything that's said to be thought as concerning PS2'a online capabilities.

And there's an above message that I wrote that says "I was trying to be mean". That's a mistake, I meant to say "I wasn't trying to be mean".

Just wanted to clear that up. Sorry.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
I was trying to be mean, but that's what they say.

It is actually true, if it wasn't I wouldn't of said nothing.

Well maybe it wouldn't be dead right now if not for Halo, but it would be fairly close.

Is that better.

LOL! much stick out tongue

Zen2nd
I know you want to get your PS2 online but what I'm saying is that would be a very unwise decision.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.