good TRAILERS. bad MOVIE.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morpheus
Have you ever seen movie that kick ass.
but, The movie 4 sh*t? raver raver

ApolloX
The Forgoten

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Morpheus
Have you ever seen movie that kick ass.
but, The movie 4 sh*t? raver raver

I think you meant to say the trailer kicked ass but the movie was shit right? one that immediately comes to mind is Batman 89.Great trailer,horrible movie. sick

forumcrew
yea i think thats what he meant..

The jacket comes to mind for me, although the movie wasnt shit I just didnt feel it was as good as the trailer made me hope... the village had a misleading trailer which made be not appreciate the movie for what it was, i wish i could see it again without having seen the trailer i think id of liked it better... I just saw crash tonight and i hadnt really seen anything on it and im glad i think i kinda like it that way better. (btw crash was very good)

Myth
Big budget blockbusters make great trailers because of the visuals but the movies usually suck. Example: The Day After Tomorrow. You could tell that the movie would suck but the visuals of a giant tital wave going through NY is pretty cool. But the movie was much better as a 60 second version.

TheFilmProphet
I agree, another film I would put on that list is AVP.

T.M
Anchorman

Morpheus
raver sorry about that. I was in a hurry to the moives. roll eyes (sarcastic) raver

BlazingBarrells
i thought anchorman was hilarious. Avp for me too also blade trinity, that movie had so much potential, but stupid boy david goyer f*ed it all up.

hayden's minx
Eppy I The Phantom Menace. But then I think the only reason that the trailer was good was samual L jackson, liam neeson, ewan mcgregor - and the double bladed lightsaber. Also the fact that I'd been waiting for the prequals since I was 4. Come to think of it the trailer that featured the double ended lightsaber ruined one of the best parts in the film. Damn you trailer editors/teaser directors!!

Wolfie
Blade Trinity
Spider-Man 2 (not necessarily bad, trailer made it look a lot better than what it was)
xXx
Clockstoppers

Jackie Malfoy
That happens alot and it is annoying.You say to yourself this movie traile r looks good and find out the movie sucks.JM mad

jaden101
SAW

pr1983
x-men 1 & 2, elektra, underworld, pearl harbour...

The Ones
Originally posted by hayden's minx
Eppy I The Phantom Menace. But then I think the only reason that the trailer was good was samual L jackson, liam neeson, ewan mcgregor - and the double bladed lightsaber. Also the fact that I'd been waiting for the prequals since I was 4. Come to think of it the trailer that featured the double ended lightsaber ruined one of the best parts in the film. Damn you trailer editors/teaser directors!!

HOW DARE YOU!!! EPISODE I WAS GREAT!!

Curl_Up&Dye
episode III, shaun of the dead, the punisher

moviejunkie23
yea the puisher for sure!!! hellboy for me too, i hated that movie but thought the trailer made it look good.

Curl_Up&Dye
oops i misread the thread. i thought this was just good movie trailers in general. in which case all of the above are good trailers, and the punisher was a good trailer for a bad movie

ApolloX
Originally posted by Curl_Up&Dye
episode III, shaun of the dead, the punisher
You saw EpIII already??

TheFilmProphet
I doubt that the person who said that has seen it and even if they have I still doubt that the film was actually bad considering it's two thumbs up, word of mouth, positive reviews, etc.

Curl_Up&Dye
READ MY SECOND POST BEFORE YOU JUMP ALL OVER WHAT I SAID

T.M
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
yea the puisher for sure!!! hellboy for me too, i hated that movie but thought the trailer made it look good.

OMG Hellboy was such a bad movie i felt like killing myself yes

Mr Parker
Yeah but the trailer for Hellboy wasnt even good.You could tell by all the weird looking creatures in that movie it would suck.Not that I saw it but I saw enough from it to know I would not like it.

T.M
i didnt see a trailer for hellboy before i watched it and i havent watched it fully since.

turn it off bad memories yes

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by ApolloX
The Forgoten

I totally agree! It seemed like it would have such a good storyline but the ending was the crappest thing ever! The whole movie was rubbish too..

hayden's minx
I'm not saying Episode 1 was bad ... I'm a huuuge SW fan.. just that the trailer was misleading me to leave me disappointed when I actually saw it.

pr1983
Originally posted by hayden's minx
I'm not saying Episode 1 was bad ... I'm a huuuge SW fan.. just that the trailer was misleading me to leave me disappointed when I actually saw it.

as was i... the lightsaber fight was sweet though...

hayden's minx
yeah, poor liam neeson! poor shiney, shiney ewan mcgregor! Can't belive he slashed that beautiful double bladed saber though *cries* I wanted it.

bertran
I think my biggest let down ever was THE MUMMY. In my opinion one of the greatest trailers ever, but just a brutal movie.

fireyhope
wwwcassherncom

just add the dots. that trailer is amazingly cool for anime fans though the movie is not really action packed i still thoroughly enjoyed the movie for it's ideas and great graphics and anime inspired camera angles

Andrew McLeod
Pistol Opera

aj_vader
war of the worlds theaterical trailer

http://images.apple.com/movies/paramount/waroftheworlds/waroftheworlds-tlr4_480.mov

forumcrew
you havnt seen war of the worlds though yet have you?

alexanderluthor
matrix revolutions!!!!!! i even missed work to be in the premiere...... i was seriously disappointed.

el barto_1
wild roomies

bone_collector
The hole thing with trailers make's you wonder, what are they expect to get. Because if you see a trailer and the movie sucks you're gonna hate it. So were is the management in this. You kinda lose money with this method.
The very best trailer of all times is the one from AVP
That's the best example of how a trailer should be. What do you think?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.