JLA vs. The Authority

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
JLA
(Full roster)

vs.

The Authority
(Full Roster)

No spectre, No phantom stranger

whirlysplat
Well I gotta give this one to the Authority. JLA would be trying to stop the Authority. Thw Authority would be trying to kill the JLA. The words "Door", "Fire" and "Carrier also make a big difference. big grin

Fanboy
Hmm Authority sounds likea Villian team so I am going with JLA bi---.

Khellendros
This thread has already been done. I think the general consensus was that JLA gets owned.

EsteemedLeader
I read something a few years ago, and it had the top ten best superhero teams, and JLA came in second, and Authority in first.

I'm not sure what to believe anymore.sad

BTW it wasn't a popularity contest, it was about who would win in fights.

DigiMark007
Authority would own. The JLA has no answer for The Doctor....otherwise it would be a close fight (especially depending on how many we're talking for the JLA...they can have a big roster at times). Take The Doctor out and I'd give the fight to the JLA...but he's a reality manipulator of the highest order, and nothing short of Skyfather-level or powerful magic would stop him.

Oh, maybe Flash takes him out in the first pico-second of the fight. Otherwise my opinion stays the same.

P.S. The Authority aren't bad guys. They're just not afraid to kill their enemies.

Whurlysplat
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Authority would own. The JLA has no answer for The Doctor....otherwise it would be a close fight (especially depending on how many we're talking for the JLA...they can have a big roster at times). Take The Doctor out and I'd give the fight to the JLA...but he's a reality manipulator of the highest order, and nothing short of Skyfather-level or powerful magic would stop him.

Oh, maybe Flash takes him out in the first pico-second of the fight. Otherwise my opinion stays the same.

P.S. The Authority aren't bad guys. They're just not afraid to kill their enemies.

The Doctor is dead at the moment isn't he? I haven't read revolutions 2 yet so I am not sure.

Anyway now Jenny Q is growing up noone this side of Phoenix has a chance against her and truthfully I think she'd beat the Phoenix force as reality is hers to control and she does not need permission to act.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Whurlysplat
The Doctor is dead at the moment isn't he? I haven't read revolutions 2 yet so I am not sure.

Anyway now Jenny Q is growing up noone this side of Phoenix has a chance against her and truthfully I think she'd beat the Phoenix force as reality is hers to control and she does not need permission to act.

Haven't read that far, but I'd be sad if the Doctor died. But I forgot about Jenny. Your assesment isn't far from the truth...she's almost certainly above The Doctor in her control over reality....and we all know how you feel about the Pheonix Force so I'll take that with a grain of salt. But Jenny's still a universal-level power when she needs to be.

Whurlysplat
Haven't read that far, but I'd be sad if the Doctor died. But I forgot about Jenny. Your assesment isn't far from the truth...she's almost certainly above The Doctor in her control over reality....and we all know how you feel about the Pheonix Force so I'll take that with a grain of salt. But Jenny's still a universal-level power when she needs to be.

In revolutions she is now 8 years old and the Doc appears to be dead at the moment - having said that the carrier is becoming more of a character.
I've got Kev sitting waiting to read when I have time.

demigawd
Flash wins by himself. The Authority has no answer for picsecond power.

Whurlysplat
Originally posted by demigawd
Flash wins by himself. The Authority has no answer for picsecond power.

I don't know about that the Carrier might if they are prepared

demigawd
The Carrier is considered a member of the Authority?

Does that mean the Watchtower counts?

Whurlysplat
The Carrier is considered a member of the Authority?

Does that mean the Watchtower counts?

The Carrier is certainly sentient and yes I think its a member, the watch tower isn't - Think about all the times people have had to converse with it and get it to do things - It has a mind meld with Midnighter in Revolutions (Which is a return to greatness for the Authority imo)

demigawd
Does that mean the battle has to take place in the Carrier?

Whurlysplat
Does that mean the battle has to take place in the Carrier?

nope midnighter has called down its fire power on mutiple targets before smile If Apollo is in space he can handle flash as well, remember he sterilised the moon smile

demigawd
Does its firepower work at lightspeed+, though? big grin

What are Apollo's speed feats?

newjak86
Hey it says full Roster does that mean everyone that was on the JLA ever or just a current roster.

Whurlysplat
Does its firepower work at lightspeed+, though? big grin

What are Apollo's speed feats?

Complete sterilisation of the moon from space using heat vision of god spores,, the carriers armaments certainly could track and hit a lightspeed target, Jenny Q in the Carrier would remove his powers as would the doctor, Engineer could seed the area with spores to detect his approach from distance - Apollo has done the Earth to the Sun in less than 10 mins without a carrier door putting his speed in space at near lightspeed smile

I think the Carrier is the only option that would definately work, oh a sundipped Apollo smashed hell out of lots of Avengers knock offs - he took them all down. If your not a fan Demi - I say to you check it out.

EsteemedLeader
Sundipped? Sounds like Apollo is the knock-off...

Whurlysplat
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
Sundipped? Sounds like Apollo is the knock-off...

without a doubt he is - but he is very powerful

DigiMark007
Yeah, Apollo's a Superman ripoff and MN'er is a Bats ripoff, but they're a lot different and cool in their own way (MN'er in particular is a complete badass)

Flash is the JLA's only hope here (as demi mentioned). But an evil Doctor (he stole the regular Doctor's powers at one point) once put himself back together after being run through by Swift, so it might not be that easy to kill him. Also, when Jenny Fractal (Jenny's Q's evil twin) was briefly "destroyed" by the good Jenny she put herself back together at an atomic level. Presumably, Jenny can do the same thing since their power sets are the same. Even Flash can't mess with that kind of power. Beyond that, regardless of whether or not The Doctor's alive, they have a universal-level matter manipulator, and 2 if The Doctor's around...and the regular members can go toe-to-toe easily with their DC counterparts (MN'er/Bats, Apollo/Supes, Engineer/GL, etc.). The Doctor can also time-travel if he's around, so there's another cheap win.

The Authority might be a bit cheap at times since Doctor and Jenny have some ridiculous powers, but they're beyond any of the normal teams in comics in terms of sheer power (The Defenders might stand a chance, but even that's unlikely).

P.S. I'll have to get my hands on some of that new stuff whirly...the last thing I read of The Authority was the Fractal story arc in Volume 2...not sure how much more they've had since then.

EsteemedLeader
Hm, what if we give the JLA Plastic Man and Firestorm?

DigiMark007
Hm, what if we give the JLA Plastic Man and Firestorm?

Still doesn't address the central problem of dealing with the Authority's biggest guns. PM would end up as a bunch of lilacs and Firestorm would find himself in another dimension.

The JLA can compete with most of the Authority and probably win...hell, a few might even be neutralized by a telepathic assault from MM. It's just Jeroen (The Doctor's normal name) and Jenny that are the problem.

EsteemedLeader
Firestorm can manipulate matter though...

DigiMark007
Firestorm can manipulate matter though...

Oh, right...forgot about that. It would depend on at what level he can control it. The Doctor can think it, and the other team's bones would turn into cologne (I use this example because he's done this before). And he's less powerful than Jenny by all accounts. If Firestorm can neutralize that, then sure the JLA has a chance...but I'm not familiar enough with his limits to accurately say whether or not he could do it.

Whurlysplat
Yeah, Apollo's a Superman ripoff and MN'er is a Bats ripoff, but they're a lot different and cool in their own way (MN'er in particular is a complete badass)

Flash is the JLA's only hope here (as demi mentioned). But an evil Doctor (he stole the regular Doctor's powers at one point) once put himself back together after being run through by Swift, so it might not be that easy to kill him. Also, when Jenny Fractal (Jenny's Q's evil twin) was briefly "destroyed" by the good Jenny she put herself back together at an atomic level. Presumably, Jenny can do the same thing since their power sets are the same. Even Flash can't mess with that kind of power. Beyond that, regardless of whether or not The Doctor's alive, they have a universal-level matter manipulator, and 2 if The Doctor's around...and the regular members can go toe-to-toe easily with their DC counterparts (MN'er/Bats, Apollo/Supes, Engineer/GL, etc.). The Doctor can also time-travel if he's around, so there's another cheap win.

The Authority might be a bit cheap at times since Doctor and Jenny have some ridiculous powers, but they're beyond any of the normal teams in comics in terms of sheer power (The Defenders might stand a chance, but even that's unlikely).

P.S. I'll have to get my hands on some of that new stuff whirly...the last thing I read of The Authority was the Fractal story arc in Volume 2...not sure how much more they've had since then.

Revolutions and Kev is what I know of I have only read the first half of revolutions - I don't think the second is in trade and Kev (which I have but have not read yet, its Ennis and should be a lot more Adult and Sinister)

Whurlysplat
Oh, right...forgot about that. It would depend on at what level he can control it. The Doctor can think it, and the other team's bones would turn into cologne (I use this example because he's done this before). And he's less powerful than Jenny by all accounts. If Firestorm can neutralize that, then sure the JLA has a chance...but I'm not familiar enough with his limits to accurately say whether or not he could do it.

Firestorm has no chance he is below the Surfer for matter manipulation and the Doc is wayyyyyy above molecule man in that depatment add his other abilities and its all over. As for Jenny Q well, her potential is limitless........

EsteemedLeader
Hm, it says he can't control organic matter (To remove cheap 'turn you into jell-o' stuff), but he can change anything around them that is inorganic.

Plus, he's survived an atomic bomb before.

And it appears he can manipulate his own body's structure since he cured his own leukemia, so I doubt any molecular play will affect him.

Whurlysplat
Hm, it says he can't control organic matter (To remove cheap 'turn you into jell-o' stuff), but he can change anything around them that is inorganic.

Plus, he's survived an atomic bomb before.

And it appears he can manipulate his own body's structure since he cured his own leukemia, so I doubt any molecular play will affect him.

The doctor easily controls organic matter - he could also just teleport Firestorm into the Sun or make him mad. He has no real limits.

EsteemedLeader
If that's the case, why the Hell is he on a team in the first place?

That's like Silver Surfer joining forces with...Aunt May and Ma and Pa Parker...

Whurlysplat
If that's the case, why the Hell is he on a team in the first place?

That's like Silver Surfer joining forces with...Aunt May and Ma and Pa Parker...

Jenny Q is more powerful

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Whurlysplat
Jenny Q is more powerful

Silver Surfer and Firelord joining forces with Aunt May and the Kents.

Whurlysplat
Silver Surfer and Firelord joining forces with Aunt May and the Kents.

More like Thanos and Phoenix smile

EsteemedLeader
Seriously, why would they join a team in the first place?

Whurlysplat
Seriously, why would they join a team in the first place?

Read it and see - Jeeny Q is a little girl she was adopted as a baby by midnighter and Apollo (who are gay). She is the spirit of the 21st Century.

The Doctor is/was a heroin addict and Jenny Sparks convinced him the Shamen of earth was needed to protect Earth as part of the Authority.

Check it out, it really does kick arse specially the early ones.

EsteemedLeader
Isn't Jenny Sparks dead now? Dies with the twentieth century or something...

Whurlysplat

Yes she does. smile she was the spirit of the 20th C like Jenny Q is for the 21st - Jenny Q is much more powerful.

Khellendros
Yes, Jenny sparks is dead and Jack Hawksmoor runs the team now. Jenny Quantum, Spark's reincarnation, is the little girl Whurly was talking about.

EDIT: or what Whurly said above me.

Whurlysplat
Just read "Kev" sad very disapointing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.