Deltora Quest-Will they ever make a movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Yatta_Girl
I think there should definitely b a deltora movie
i know there r already heaps of DQ threads but i just had to make another just to make every1 aware
i think Emily Rodda is a great writer and every1 should read DQ

grade 3 ol
I LOVE DELTORA QUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!

IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE IWANNA WATHCH THE MOVIE

I sure hope they make one

Yatta_Girl
So do i, 4 both statements

viento
hi
I think deltora quest should with out a dought be a movie(s)
as long as i play lief!

Yatta_Girl
yeah, id love to be at least involved in the movie, id love 2 b jasmine
id b so pissed if they made it anime

viento
I know i kinda be pissed as well becaue its a great story and anime would spoil it. You can definetly play Jasmine as well ;-) I wonder who could play Barda?

Broken_Sword
i could play Barda

viento
Ah Broken_sword i knew u might show up here
shifty

Broken_Sword
i hope they make the movie Live people, with computer made creatures

Broken_Sword
what do u want the movie 2 b

viento
yes i ws just saying it would suck if it was anime or cartoon
mybe we could make the film ourselves if we get enough people
we've already got a jasmine, Lief and Barda.....

Broken_Sword
i would hate it if the movie was Anime or cartoon

viento
yes, what would u say about making a movie some how?

Broken_Sword
where would it be made eek!

Broken_Sword
we could make it blue screen and cut action if people could send it to u or whoever is orginising this

viento
um it was written in australia i think, so maybe there

Broken_Sword
it would be hard all of us getting together to make it smokin'

Broken_Sword
how would we all get to austrilia

viento
whats with all those smileys?, it wouldn't be hard when we are all older
u can be Barda, Yatta girl can be Jasmine and I can be lief

Broken_Sword
viento

viento
yes im still here

Broken_Sword
how do u think we should do the movie

Broken_Sword
sorry i have 2 go bye

Yatta_Girl
That sounds really cool but it would b really hard to make a movie with only a few people

flee the evil 1
id luv to direct it lol

b-dan
i dont deltora quest suxs it was cool when i was in grade 4 its retarded just like harry potter

Darth_Leo
I bloody hope there is one

Yatta_Girl
There has 2 b a movie even if it ends up a bit bad

Yatta_Girl
y isn't n.e1 coming on ne more

b-dan
i dont really know much of it but im usually good at playing evil people or just hte plain freaky people if there is any one like that id play him

Onlyifits_PG-13
K Look! Even if you direct your own movie NO ONE (i don't mean to affend anyone) will see it. But if a pro. director makes than thats another thing.

This who i think the main charekters should be.

Barda- Someone that is in action movies ( John Travolta, Tom Cruise, etc.)

Lief- The guy that stars as Aniken in "Starwars episode 2"

Jasmine- (look at the picture)

Steven/Nevets-Jim Carrey (has to be Jim Carrey)

Onlyifits_PG-13
go to Yahoo and type in "Deltora" Then go to page 3 or 4 and you should see a picture of Lief and Jasmine Click on that picture and you should see all the covers for the dutch versions of the book. each cover has a picture of Lieaf And Jasmine. These are the offical pictures of lief and jasmine. The pictures look like cartoons.

Yatta_Girl
ok its not about people watching our movie, its about there actually being a movie- crap or not

Yatta_Girl
b-dan, there r plenty of freaky, evil characters in dq

Lief
I would love to watch a deltora movie ...Better id love be in deltora,Like since im only 12 I could be Jarred or Endon as a kid in the first book...I wish.

Lief
Ussually i like anime ,but i dont like the fact that emily rodda is making it an anime.

SimonW
I'd like them to make a Deltora Quest movie, or, at least, a tv series that form together as a movie.

curtmister
i think deltora quest is wicked but i need 3 more how to draw a deltora monster tales of deltora and deltora quiz book

curtmister
i could direct or be lief

curtmister
i think cashman99 chattingh **** he aint gonna m,ake the movie

curtmister
who gonna play each charater i think you need a black person to play barda because i like lord of the rings but i found it a bit racist

curtmister
if there was a deltora movie it think series 1 should be to movie sereis 2 1 movie and series 3 2 movies lief that boy of sky high jasmine hermione off harry potter and barda me when i get older

curtmister
i wanna direct it aswell

deltorahater
hey i think deltora quest sux0rs

curtmister
people that hate deltora r ******

curtmister
when is tales of deltora coming out in the breat britian

Superior_One
There is a petition going around requesting that a movie is to be made....
as i cannot put up the link plz contact me about the petition at my msn account: [email protected]
i'm deeply sorry for the inconvenience its just as i said before it ain't letting me put the link up lol

Yatta_Girl
Hey guys, i haven't been on in a while
'Tales of Deltora' is out here already, I guess it'll probably come out in great britain some time this year

jasmineis2kool
smile
Hi!
My name is Anna and I absolutley love Deltora Quest!
I'm 9 and I have read every book in the first DQ series. I have also read The Shadowlands and Dragons Nest.
I hope they make a movie sooooo much and I hope they don't make it anime 'cause that qould be like soooooo s**t! Oops! Excuse my french!
So, yeah. I really want them to make a movie.

-Anna xox

><((((*> dead fish!

P.S. Jasmine rules!

jasmineis2kool
reading
so, do you guys like DQ?

jasmineis2kool
hello?
grrr..... ppl never tlk to me

jasmineis2kool
mad

DeltoraDude
yo i think they should make a movie..

DeltoraDude
2guns

Deltora God
i wanna b gorl

Deltora God
deltora rulz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deltora God
jasmine ill talk 2 u

Deltora God
angry

Deltora God
i could be gorl

Zarf Killer
hi I'm new and yes they should make a live movie

PS.can i join the crew and help make the movie

jasmineis2kool
big grin
yay!
finally somebody tlks to me!!!!!

jasmineis2kool
hi... im like kinda new here.... um... hi...

celest
asdf.... i think this thread should stay on topic..

Yes, thats right~ The book Deltora's Quest by Emily Rodda is becoming an anime.

I keep seeing you all say "I'd die if DQ was made into an anime" or "if DQ becomes an anime, it would suck"
(WHATS WRONG WITH ANIME?)

To be honest, I jumped with joy when I read this. I think it would be interesting to see Deltora's Quest as an anime.

And the reason why Emily Rodda agreed was because the anime company planning it all promised not to change the story(unlike other offers that were made to her)

what do you all think?

and why do so many people disagree with DQ being an anime... theres an equally likely chance if it become a live action movie it would be as bad as if it were an anime. i think this series becomin an anime is perfect.

(i think it would be almost impossible if all you here would to make an amateau movie of DQ because:
1. you all need to meet up in the same area
2. you need people who can act
3. you need costumes
4. you need to find a place that has a setting similar to one in deltora to shoot a scene

but you can still try)

and someone mentioned that Barda should be black.
no... that would not work out. if barda was black, i think emily rodda would have mentioned it in the book....

effix
I have every single Deltora Quest book... including the quiz book and the Tales of Deltora. All 3 series and everything... So as you could probably tell; I would LOVE for them to make a movie of it smile

Metal Razor Edg
big grin Hi! There should definately be a movie about it!pile!!
I would want to be lief of course, and it shouldn't be anime, but real actors. Speaking of the anime, itold cartoon network they should make the show english and put it on toonami. I hope it works! If i hear that the movie is comin out, it would be music to my ears band!!! They would have to make one movie per book, but that would be fine because nothing would be left out. What do you guys think?

Metal Razor Edg
By the way, can i join the movie crew? it would be awsome if i did because i could help put in all the details and im also good at computer generating so i could make the monsters and stuff. Please let me help!!!!!!!!!! by the way, I'm new!! laughing so i might act a little stupid bangin... i have trouble talking to people i never met before!! smile

Metal Razor Edg
also, what time are you guys usually on so i can chat with you guys?

???
confused

Metal Razor Edg
I will talk to ne1!!!!!!!!!!
smile sad mad evil face Happy Dance lamo

Metal Razor Edg
starwars Hee Hee!

Yatta_Girl
Yo, ppls, Deltora has already bin made in2 an anime series
over the long period i havent bin on for i discovered th joys of watchin anime + have now changed my opinion of anti-anime-version-of-deltora-quest,
lol, it's not 2 bad-2 much wudv bin edited out of a live movie(they leave most of th best bits out of HP+end up not developin things properly), check it out on youtube or somethin, they have english subtitles

hrmw
when i started reading them in primary school i was the only girl how liked them and i was fighting the boys to get them but i didnt care cause i love deltora and i have read all of the books and im currentsly reading them again and im up to the 3rd seris book 1. i have watched one episode of deltora quest in japanese anime and its not that good i prefer ther book. only one of my friends has read some of the books but i love them!!!

gazzar
Originally posted by Onlyifits_PG-13
K Look! Even if you direct your own movie NO ONE (i don't mean to affend anyone) will see it. But if a pro. director makes than thats another thing.

This who i think the main charekters should be.

Barda- Someone that is in action movies ( John Travolta, Tom Cruise, etc.)

Lief- The guy that stars as Aniken in "Starwars episode 2"

Jasmine- (look at the picture)

Steven/Nevets-Jim Carrey (has to be Jim Carrey)

i agree with you on the whole movie part, no one would see it, or want to see it to be quite honest by the sounds of it none of you actually realise how much money and effort goes into even making a short movie, not to mention you would have to get permission from Mrs rodda and i know several people which have tried to do this and not succeeded.

as for your actor choices i agree to most of them except barda, Travolta could possibly pull it of but barda needs to be a big build and cruse is far too small to fill the role, also i don't think the kid which played aniken would be still young enough to play leif if i remember correctly he did this while he was 11? so i think he would be too old.

as for my choice on movie style, i believe completely computer generated would be best, and for those which say it wouldn't look good just have a look at advent child that movie was awesome visually and combine that with the story of dq i believe it would be one of the best animated movie of all time.

and to those people who don't like the anime, wait till they subb it into English before you say you hate it, i know alot of people which hate anime because its not in English and they hate having to read subtitles.
plus its a personal choice.

sorry for the long post but i was bored and had nothing better to do smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.