What would you think of this??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
If you were able to make it so that the only life forms on earth were humans, would you want that to happen, or would you still want other animals on the planet as well.

Personally, I think it would be brilliant if there were no non-humans on the planet, although we'd have to come up with a food replacement

Imperial_Samura
But the circle of life..... The ciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiircle of life. Don't make me sing it. I think animals have their place, and the world would be worse of without them.

Clovie
blink of course all the other creatures have to live
it would be boring and sad and stuff otherwise

and i think that humans are what is destroying the earth the most sad

eleveninches
I still think it would be much nicer if there were no non-human lifeforms on earth. That would mean no bugs or viruses.
On the other hand, it would also mean no trees

Clovie
Originally posted by eleveninches
I still think it would be much nicer if there were no non-human lifeforms on earth. That would mean no bugs or viruses.
On the other hand, it would also mean no trees na dno oxygen
and no food and humans will die within few weeks/months

mechmoggy
confused

Bardock42
No, animals are quite imortant...as long as they stay at least aboot 30 metres away from me

Fionnuala
If you were able to make it so that the only life forms on earth were humans, would you want that to happen, or would you still want other animals on the planet as well.

Personally, I think it would be brilliant if there were no non-humans on the planet, although we'd have to come up with a food replacement

I think it would be terrible..humans are probably some of worst creatures on the planet because we have conscious thought and yet we still kill and destroy unnecessarily..

Bardock42
Originally posted by Fionnuala
I think it would be terrible..humans are probably some of worst creatures on the planet because we have conscious thought and yet we still kill and destroy unnecessarily..

Well true probably...but I still prefer them personally since I am one of them....does that sound logical confused

Fionnuala
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well true probably...but I still prefer them personally since I am one of them....does that sound logical confused

laughing yeah it does..I prefer them generally but some humans are even lower than animals..

mechmoggy
Humans who have sex with animals, perhaps? eek!

Fishy
Stop talking about me behind my back...

And a world without animals would be really boring...

Jackie Malfoy

Just humans my twin sister would say that way we can't eat or harm animals in any way.JM smile

eleveninches
Humans are good because of what they ARE, not what they DO.
Animals and other non-humans are bad because of what they ARE, rather than because of what they DO.

frodo34x
If there were no other lifeforms, there would be no bacteria or anything.

That means no alcohol *cries*

Also, dead stuff wouldn't rot properly. It'd just stay there.

Cid
it would suck

Draco69
We would all die. We need animals to live. Pollinators make plants mate and grow. Plants provide oxygen. Humans need oxygen. We all die.

Draco69
Animals and other non-humans are bad because of what they ARE, rather than because of what they DO.

Agent Smith said it best :

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure

Cid
we would have to be cannibals sick plus what draco said. we would all die sad

eleveninches
But IF you could overcome the nutrition problems and environmental problems, THEN would you want it to happen??

Fishy
No

Curl_Up&Dye
humans would not be able to surivive if we were the only living species on the planet. it seriously would be impossible. because everything is alive.

PVS
but that would mean i'd have to give up my pets cry

Smoothcriminal
I can't go on with out meat.. If that were so I'd atleast make it so cows were kept..

*shivers at the thought of eating Human meat*

hotsauce6548
And how about all the products made from trees and stuff. Gum, paper, etc. etc.

Plus, animals save human lives, and also help us. Think about it. Seeing-eye dogs. Bomb sniffer dogs. Drug sniffer dogs.

And how about mentally and emotionally. I know, even though it may sound strange, that I can always look to my dog and talk to him. She will never judge me, simply love me. (Of course, that could be because I feed her... but you get the point.)

Bardock42

What the f**k? you this is probably the strangest thing I have ever heard

I personally belive that Animals Humans and Trees and Stones and whatever are morally on the same level. But we are more powerful so we can take advantage of our surroundings...but we should keep a decent level for all of nature...because we need it

And in that way no animals would quite suck yes

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
but that would mean i'd have to give up my pets cry

So pets is what you call that...you making me sick...SICK SICK SICK I say...you psycho laughing

Sethcx

Going quite nicely with possibly the strangest topic I've ever heard...

If it was just us on the planet, even if we could over come the issues of food and breathing (pretty big issue there!), then who would want to live on a completely barren rock? I love my scenery too much!

Completely apart from that, i love my pets too much to give them up. Photos may now follow of Snarf and Bacon, my two rats.. See what you started!! big grin

nutella-spatz
Originally posted by Fionnuala
laughing yeah it does..I prefer them generally but some humans are even lower than animals..

Are even lower? In many ways they are ahead of us. They create a natural balance between themselves and nature, which makes both survive.
Humans destroy nature and are destroyed by it. We don't live with it, we try to take our advantage out of it, which does not work.

Without any other living form, except humans, we wouldn't survive 5 minutes. We need the Oxigen from the trees and the seaweed, plus all the food which was both mentioned before.
We would live on barren land, with nothing but ourselves.
So many things are made out of living things. Paper, Alcohol. We'D had no wood, just stones to build things.

It wouldn't work and I wouldn't want to live that way. Because apart from all of that, I love animals. I admire those creatures, that are able to live without the destruction of nature and they are good and loyal friends to humans.

Bardock42
Yea well I think they are neither wprse no better....don't see a reason why they should anyways

debbiejo
How boring it would be without animals...who would I talk to????

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
How boring it would be without animals...who would I talk to????

Your hand?

debbiejo
laughing out loud No..that would be quite boring...I would always know what it's gonna say.

Fire
On the other hand, it would also mean no trees

the earth would look like the moon, there is nothing interesting about the moon.

debbiejo
True, this would be a horrible place...Imagine no green! No colors of the flowers...gee, I wouldn't want to live here.

eleveninches

I personally belive that Animals Humans and Trees and Stones and whatever are morally on the same level. But we are more powerful so we can take advantage of our surroundings...but we should keep a decent level for all of nature...because we need it

And in that way no animals would quite suck yes
So are you saying that trees and rocks should have human rights. When was the last time you treat a tree as though it has any human rights??? Non-humans exist for us (humans) to use as we see fit.

Bardock42
laughing out loud No..that would be quite boring...I would always know what it's gonna say.
Hmm maybe you should evolve some shizophrenic tendencies then big grin

Originally posted by Fire
the earth would look like the moon, there is nothing interesting about the moon.

Dude.....the moon rocks (notice the Dude in the bginning can anyone figure why I used that?) Still the moon is cool

So are you saying that trees and rocks should have human rights. When was the last time you treat a tree as though it has any human rights??? Non-humans exist for us (humans) to use as we see fit.

No that is not what I am saying...what I am saying is that Humans Animals Plants all got the same moral level....Because we are more poweful than them we can deal with them as we please ..... not having them around would be pretty bad though

debbiejo

No that is not what I am saying...what I am saying is that Humans Animals Plants all got the same moral level....Because we are more poweful than them we can deal with them as we please ..... not having them around would be pretty bad though

Maybe if they send an ambassador..they could stay.

Fishy
Animals have ambassadors already, they are called pigeons and they shit on everything humans ever made

Bardock42
Maybe if they send an ambassador..they could stay.

They can stay....but we can rule them .....yea

eleveninches

How can humans and plants have the same moral level??? When was the last time you heard an animal or a tree debate philosophy??? Animals dont have morals because their brains arn't evolved enough to have sentient concious thought as much as humans do. Animals respond to the context of the enviroment around them; they dont THINK in the same way that humans do. I doubt that animals care about doing good things to us just because they think it's moral.

Bardock42
Well....what I am saying is that neither Humans nor Animals are better than the others....Well it appears to me that you neither care to do anything good to animals.

And just because we talk aboot Philosophy doesn't make us better...we pretty much only respond to our surrounding environment too...we are just able to do it on a bigger level....

BullitNutz
stick out tongue we depend on non-human life for damn near all of our everyday needs, from the air we breathe to the plastics we use (petroleum product) daily.

If there were no non-human life on the planet, we would die. We depend on bacteria in our bodies to protect us from infection and to digest our food. The earth would be one big desert planet -- like Tatooine -- and the atmosphere would get so saturated by CO2 by the simple process of our collective breathing that one way or another we'd all die.

eleveninches
But IF you could get all of those things WITHOUT there being any non-humans, would you want that to happen??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.