Play Station 3!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

splintercell
THE PLAY STATION IS POSSIBLY COMING OUT THIS YEAR THE OFFICAL UNVAILING IS SUSPOSSED TO HAPPEN SOME TIME BEFORE E3

Happy Dance Happy Dance

Ken Kenobi
What an un-original thread.

I'm sure we have some PS3 topics already where members have been discussing it and it's release date for some time now.

splintercell
i searched the topic and there where no results

gentmax
Unveiling and releasing are two different things. Gran Turismo 4 was unveiled like 3 or 4 years ago.

AdventChild
Originally posted by gentmax
Unveiling and releasing are two different things. Gran Turismo 4 was unveiled like 3 or 4 years ago. laughing

splintercell
the release is 7 months away there revealing it at e3 thats what i said
no ther not the same thing

dark1365
It's going to be released 2006-2007.

JToTheP
It's going to be out in 2006-2007, probably 2007 since Revolution is 2006. None of the games are dated for 2006 Release, except Madden 2006.

Draco69
Looks really cool. I dig the controller.

Draco69
Ditto.

Draco69
After viewing all the trailers for the PS3 on Ign. com and viewing the specs I am EXTREMELY excited about this system.

JToTheP
The controller looks stupid, but the console looks insane. I'd either buy black or gray.

powerfulone1987
it's actually coming out in the spring of 2006.

Mainstream
why spring....why not christmas 2005 wc I can't wait

st41k3r
i cant wait either but your spending twice the money! on the station and new games/controlers!

same w/ the X-BOX 360

The Ones
im saving up now. and ill have enoguh for the 360 and PS3

Sith Master X
Yep, it's been offically annoucned that PS3 won't be released until Spring of 2006. Why the hell they couldn't get it out in time for the holidays is beyond me.

I must admit though, in my opinion the PS3 console looks a hell of a lot better then the Xbox 360, but the main point is how well the system will perform.

Tex
I saw all of the press conferences on G4. It was absolutely amazing how powerful the system is and how it performs. The graphics are beyond amazing. Far surpassing that shown for XBox360.

I'm a huge fan of Nintendo and plan on buying the Revolution for Mario, Zelda and Metroid Prime but I will also definitely be purchasing a PS3.

I haven't seen what Nintendo has to offer but it looks like PS3 will be the ultimate gaming machine.

cal31
PS3 is the worst looking console of the three, I mean it looks like a fridge when stood up. Just bad design in my opinion. I am definetly impressed with the power, but why are many of you PS2 fanboys now all of a sudden so worried about the power of the system and saying it will kick the other two's asses? You of all fanboys should know that the system being the most powerful does not guarantee it will be the best, otherwise Xbox would have out sold the PS2 and GC by a huge amount.

Tex
My opinions come from what I've seen. And what I've seen from PS3 is 100x more awesome than what I've seen from XBOX 1.5.

Draco69
In my opinion PS3 is the most impressive do to the game trailers I have seen. I can't judge the Revolution because they don't have any games previews or even a controller. X-Box 360 is also very impressive also.

BackFire
I think all the new systems are quite impressive, though if I had to choose a favorite I'd have to go with PS3 because I have more faith in their library then the other systems.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Ack! That controller is horrid! The console looks nice though, love those lines. Much better than the boxy PS2.

TX!
if i had to pick a fav, i would aslo pick the PS3 from what i saw in E3 of all of the 3 consoles...but there still a couple days or so of E3 so lets see what happens then decide but as of now its the PS3

Ming Tea!
Did you guys see any actual ingame footage? I don't want to waste my hardon on an old man's head or a rubber duck in a bathtub.

TX!
yes i did see actually see ingame footage for the PS3

Ming Tea!
Oh and no zoomed in camera shots either. I want ingame footage with 50 guys on screen, with Pixar-esque graphics, and a steady 60 fps.

TX!
there was zoomed in camera shots and ingame footage with tons of guys on the screen if you was watching

Ming Tea!
I wasn't but I'm gonna check out some footage now.

cal31
Originally posted by Tex
My opinions come from what I've seen. And what I've seen from PS3 is 100x more awesome than what I've seen from XBOX 1.5. Ok, that still doesn't answer my question on why PS fanboys put so much issue into the power of the system when they obviously didn't for the last one. You can like the PS3 better, but if you're basing most of it on just the fact that the PS3 is more powerful, you really must really have a short memory.

DanZeke25
Wait a second.... the Ps3 was on e3 on G4.... whao.. i thought G4 was only showing e3 on the weekend? what time does it start every day?

TX!
at 7 easten time and 4 pacific time

DanZeke25
ok thanks...

alic88
some1 said it right, the shape of the console is pretty stupid. looks like a fridge when stood up. and the controller i have no idea what they were thinking, it dont look good to me.
but i have always had faith in playstation, and i dont even bother to try x-box. i will get ps3 as soon as it comes out

TX!
I will also get PS3 when it comes out

Draco69
I wouldn't. Wait until the library grows and the price goes down. In my opinion it's never a good idea to get a tech. product at launch. Too many things can go wrong.

TX!
thats true sometimes

TX!
but im not paying for it so....

AdventChild
xbox 360 does have an advantage considering that it is coming out sooner.. but facts are facts and the Ps3 is more powerful it is kinda ugly though... lol it does look like a fridge if you think about it.. that's actually kinda funny! the controller looks like it's hard to use though... but both Xbox360 and PS3 are both going to be incredible... I personally love both i can't wait...

pr1983
its all about the games...

if sony can keep the likes of pro evo, metal gear solid, resident evil, silent hill and devil may cry they'll be well on their way...

TX!
personally i dont care bout looks all that matters is how good the graphics are,sound, and the features and stuff like that it has and the games that are gonna come wit it that just my opinion

alic88
ya i guess you are right. the competition is stiff. but i wonder what bill gates must be thinking right now, regarding the statement he made that this versoin of x-box will dent sony. i'm not saying he should EAT his words, but that was pretty stupid of him, and here is his answer

TX!
yea it was pretty stupid of him....as of now from the system specs to the g4 e3 show today i dont think the 360 is gonna dent sony, dont get me wrong all 3 consoles are great in their respective ways but i think so far sony is ahead

Ming Tea!
TX would you go as far as to say PS3 has Toy Story 2 level detail or not? From what I've seen, I wouldn't go that far, although it is on the verge.

splintercell
I HAVE BEEN WATCHING E3 FOR THE PS3 GUESS WHAT KILLZONE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!]jiggy]jiggy]jiggy]jiggy]jiggy]jiggy
]jiggy]jiggy

AdventChild
PS3 is way better....

TX!
Originally posted by Ming Tea!
TX would you go as far as to say PS3 has Toy Story 2 level detail or not? From what I've seen, I wouldn't go that far, although it is on the verge.

yes i would go that far

SaTsuJiN
lol.. so just because sony showed you guys some colored diagrams illustrating that they lead in terms of numerical values.. you barked like a dog and bit the bone.. tsk tsk tsk...

Draco69
No. Actually they showed us the specs and some very impressive game trailers. Skeptical much?

cal31
And there is much question as to whether those trailer were actual gameplay or prerendered, so don't jump to conlcusions so fast.

griefzombie
No one know's which will be the best as none of them are out yet.......personally I hope that the nintendo machine does well as the gamecube just got sacked off almost immediately and was pushed on the public by releasing a platinum one(how unoriginal!)

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Draco69
No. Actually they showed us the specs and some very impressive game trailers. Skeptical much? lol... specs are VERY similar to xbox... game trailers were possibly pre-renders... the only demo that I particularly liked was the crazy off-road rally "game"

I'm hardly skeptical.. I just choose not to hang off of sony's fishing pole like everyone else wink

General Kaliero
The off-road driving game had me saying "wow" at the graphics, as did their trailer for "Killzone."

But there is NO way that the Killzone trailer was in-game footage. That HAD to be pre-rendered. The battle motions were way too choreographed (did you notice the guy that was stuck on the edge of the building and then "just happened" to be knocked off by another dying enemy? Right.) and it was just way too GOOD.

Still, this is the first time I've wanted a Sony console before it even became available.

Draco69
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol... specs are VERY similar to xbox... game trailers were possibly pre-renders... the only demo that I particularly liked was the crazy off-road rally "game"

I'm hardly skeptical.. I just choose not to hang off of sony's fishing pole like everyone else wink

Of course they're similar to the X-box. They have practically the same technology. The game trailers haven't been established to be pre-renders except for rumors which you obviously readily believe. After all anything that's bad about Sony has to be true, right? wink

You not usual skeptical at all......except when it doesn't have to do with Nintendo.

SaTsuJiN
actually Im skeptical of all the company choices at this point and time.. sony poured a ton of cash into ps3's developement, and are supposedly bringing us tons of great games... too good to be true? me thinks so

microsoft went the way of the iPOD with the totally customizable system shell and interface, as well as hopefully reviving some of the franchises that grounded it to begin with.. Excite-o-meter : Meh....

nintendo seems to be sacrificing technology in order to satisfy purely their older fanbase.. which is not very wise IMO.. but it may or may not work for them.. however I must say it wont work for me

all in all.. when I actually see the final product, and the first wave of game releases.. then I'll tell ya what I think of each system/company smile

Draco69
actually Im skeptical of all the company choices at this point and time.. sony poured a ton of cash into ps3's developement, and are supposedly bringing us tons of great games... too good to be true? me thinks so

And why exactly? The merits of cash production clearly show in the specs and the game trailers. Alot of good games are up for release. As I said: skeptical. Except in this case to the extent of paranoia. erm

microsoft went the way of the iPOD with the totally customizable system shell and interface, as well as hopefully reviving some of the franchises that grounded it to begin with.. Excite-o-meter : Meh....

Wait a minute. You advocate innovativeness with Nintendo for a bloody touchpad. But internet access and a completely customizable console that can be shaped to your own individual tastes isn't worth your notice? That's a little redundt. erm And I wouldn't degrade the Ipod way since it's raked in millions of dollars and it's quite the success.

nintendo seems to be sacrificing technology in order to satisfy purely their older fanbase.. which is not very wise IMO.. but it may or may not work for them.. however I must say it wont work for me

They're not sacrificing technology either. They're adding some of the same features that Microsoft and Sony has added to their individual consoles. The problem with Nintendo (and has been for a quite a number of years) is that they don't get with the times. They reject any new technology and refuse to follow market trends even if they are clearly proftiable. This has cost them business.

This is the wave of future. Like it or leave it. I understand and respect your belief for "old-school" gaming industry. But that's dead and done.

Draco69
all in all.. when I actually see the final product, and the first wave of game releases.. then I'll tell ya what I think of each system/company smile

I don't think your opinion will change personally. My opinions has varied with the times. We can't really judge anything. However you already criticize the systems for being too modern or "Ipodish".

SaTsuJiN
I currently own : PS2 / Gamecube / Xbox / GBA / PSP / Saturn and Dreamcast... Im hardly considering myself biased

I'm just waiting to see which company is gonna stop talking smack and actually deliver a rich gaming experience

-Sony comment : whats to be paranoid about?.. most of the demos werent impressive to me.. but a few were.. the press conference was like 40 minutes of blah blah.. and the rest of it was trailer spamming

-Microsoft comment : why pay money to be able to swap and customize something that I probably wont be swapping and customizing?.. thats hardly relevant to a touch pad which is an advanced technology

-Nintendo : hmm.. I dont have high hopes for them.. but they may sway my opinion.. nintendo always makes a more ergonomic controller than sony

Draco69
I currently own : PS2 / Gamecube / Xbox / GBA / PSP / Saturn and Dreamcast... Im hardly considering myself biased

Dreamcast?! I waited for the PS2. Everybody in my neighboorhood was bragging about it.....until it died. Ha! evil face I own all the systems except for the Dreamcast, Saturn and PSP. I'll get the PSP when they get rid of the ridiculous bundle pack miffed:

You are kind of biased. Particularly for Nintendo. I'm not saying I'm not.
Owning multiple systems doesn't preculde unbiased statements.

I'm just waiting to see which company is gonna stop talking smack and actually deliver a rich gaming experience.

Which is? You never really define what you believe is an actual " rich gaming experience." Just criticism.

-Sony comment : whats to be paranoid about?.. most of the demos werent impressive to me.. but a few were.. the press conference was like 40 minutes of blah blah.. and the rest of it was trailer spamming

That's what trailers are. Spamming and advertisements. Has been since the term trailer was invented. What exactly were you expecting. The E3 is all about previews. The companies delivered just that. Were you expecting something else? erm

-Microsoft comment : why pay money to be able to swap and customize something that I probably wont be swapping and customizing?.. thats hardly relevant to a touch pad which is an advanced technology as opposed to swapping plastic on an x360

Why? For personalization. For more options. For more freedom. For more anything really. Just because you don't want something doesn't mean we don't. We like customization. We like the ability to alter games and our consoles to our personalities and individual quirks.

The touchpad is relevant because you consistently praise its "innovativeness". So a touchpad is more innovative than complete and utter customization over your own console? erm

-Nintendo : hmm.. I dont have high hopes for them.. but they may sway my opinion.. nintendo always makes a more ergonomic controller than sony

I do have high hopes for them. I hope they get off their medival a$$es and get with the times. They seem to averge every kind of new technology. They don't like new things. With the Revolution it seems like they are finally learning their lessons from the previous consoles.

Nintendo's previous controllers are good for only one thing: their games. Namely Zelda, Mario and DK. Anything else and you're on your own. It's so satisfying to play Mario with their controllers....and SO frustrating to play anything else with it. Ever tried playing a fighting or first-person shooter with the Gamecube controller? Damn near impossible. It's been the mistake for years. They make the controllers for THEIR games but consistently forget the other companies that makes games for them.

SaTsuJiN
Ever tried playing a fighting or first-person shooter with the Gamecube controller? Damn near impossible.

I beg to differ.. soul calibur 2 has benefitted greatly from the button layout of the gamecube.. in fact.. my overall soul calibur 2 performance declines greatly when I am forced to switch to a ps2 controller

The touchpad is relevant because you consistently praise its "innovativeness". So a touchpad is more innovative than complete and utter customization over your own console?

its hardly complete customization.. but if you'd like to think so.. I hardly believe that has anything to do with expensive touchpad technology

Were you expecting something else?

I was expecting them to act like adults n stop ass kissing eachother for the general public.. and cut straight to the chase of graphical demos.. also notice they didnt bother explaining why their controller looks like a dollar store plastic boomerang.. play soul calibur with that! rofl laughing out loud

You never really define what you believe is an actual " rich gaming experience." Just criticism.

a rich gaming experience involves alot of imagination and creative talent, to bring the user into said world and make it an immersive and enjoyable place to spend their time on a consistant basis.. if the game gets boring easily, or is not a believable atmosphere.. it has lost in its achievement

Everybody in my neighboorhood was bragging about it.....until it died. Ha! ---- You are kind of biased. Particularly for Nintendo.

saying I like the touchpad idea hardly makes me biased.. and the only reason dreamcast died was because the CD's were easily pirated.. had nothing to do with it being a bad system, because Im sure one of you at least knows someone with a dreamcast and their 100+ library of burned game copies

Draco69
I beg to differ.. soul calibur 2 has benefitted greatly from the button layout of the gamecube.. in fact.. my overall soul calibur 2 performance declines greatly when I am forced to switch to a ps2 controller

Why am I not surprised you mentioned Soul Calibur? The PS2 controller and X-box controller for that matter was far superior to the Gamecube controller in this game. This game in fact exemplifies why the GC is not suited for any fighting game except those made by Nintendo itself. The A button is huge. You gonna tap the A button more than the other buttons out of instinct. The X and Y buttons are far too close to each other. Unless you have petite fingers you're gonna accidently hit both of them or one of them and the A button at the same time. This all means that you make more horizontal slashes than verticals because the B button is too low and too small. This also means that you gonna do kick instead of throw at times. Also the Z button is awkward. This means blocking is rather a chore. The shoulder buttons are even more awkward than the Z button because you have to hold them down tight in order for it to work. Thus any strong attacks are hard to pop out. Combos? Good luck. I got combos off easily with the other controllers. Combos with the GC was irritating to pull of. I only bought the GC Soul Calibur for Link.

And you didn't mention any FPS did ya?

its hardly complete customization.. but if you'd like to think so.. I hardly believe that has anything to do with expensive touchpad technology

Complete customization? Damn near close. I'd like to think that the customization is a step towards revolution in the gaming industry.

The touchpad isn't relevant to the systems. It's relevant to your tastes as I have said. The touchpad you have praised for innovativeness and originality yet for customization your games and systems you believe to be a slight passe. erm

I was expecting them to act like adults n stop ass kissing eachother for the general public.. and cut straight to the chase of graphical demos.. also notice they didnt bother explaining why their controller looks like a dollar store plastic boomerang.. play soul calibur with that! rofl laughing out loud

You're critizing the systems because of the shrewdness of fellow businessmen. erm Ooooook. That's just a little weird. That's what business people do. They ass kiss. It's called business management. And yet this has NOTHING to with this topic. Obviously you picking gripes for nothing.

Actually the "boomerang" got good reviews by the people who played the demos. They liked the feel. It's a hell of lot better than a finger sliding touchpad. Play Soul Calibur with THAT. roll eyes (sarcastic)

a rich gaming experience involves alot of imagination and creative talent, to bring the user into said world and make it an immersive and enjoyable place to spend their time on a consistant basis.. if the game gets boring easily, or is not a believable atmosphere.. it has lost in its achievement

Nice definition. And your point is? Many games do the said above. Don't tell me your so naive to believe that a PREVIEW of a game was supposed to accomplish all of this. That's just absurd. We wait until the games come out. You my friend fell victim to your schema. You got fooled by the "diagrams" into believing that it is not worth your time because it doesn't provide a "rich gaming experience" right of the bat. You were expecting this in a trailer? What the f**k?

saying I like the touchpad idea hardly makes me biased.. and the only reason dreamcast died was because the CD's were easily pirated.. had nothing to do with it being a bad system, because Im sure one of you at least knows someone with a dreamcast and their 100+ library of burned game copies

The touchpad doesn't make you biased. Your posts do. You critize everything to do with Sony or Microsoft, decipitating it as a megolomanic corporation with no soul and no reverance for true gaming, and you praise Nintendo without end for its innovativeness and old-school style of game marketing. I'm not saying I'm not biased either. But I recognize it. You can't say the same.

The Dreamcast was not just a victim of pirating as you would believe but rather bad marketing, poor launch games, poor business decisions, poor connections with gaming companies, and simply poor timing since everyone was bought into the hype of the PS2. Not to mention their company was ALREADY one foot in the grave due to its previous console failures. Namely Saturn. I'm sure you already know this. Right?

SaTsuJiN
And you didn't mention any FPS did ya?

I dont own any FPS for cube.. cuz I got a PC... roll eyes (sarcastic) why would I bother?... and just cuz 'you' dislike GC controller for soul calibur doesnt make me wrong

And yet this has NOTHING to with this topic. Obviously you picking gripes for nothing.

you asked what I expected.. I gave you my answer.. so it was perfectly on topic.. as we were discussing the eternally long conference video.. plus I guarantee their boomerang is unsuitable for most game types (unless of course, the rear of the controller is more contoured than the front).. however.. the boomerang design is horribly unoriginal for Sony.. as PC controllers have an equilibrium based controller of similar design which was manufactured ages ago.. tsk tsk.. yes.. indeed.. play soul calibur with a touch pad? where do I sign up? eek!

Nice definition. And your point is?

um.. hello? anyone upstairs in there?.. you asked me what my definition was... and I gave it.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't tell me your so naive to believe that a PREVIEW of a game was supposed to accomplish all of this. That's just absurd.

I didnt even say that.... clean some shit out of your ears (namely the stuff that you keep pretending came from me).. I was referring to the finished products (like a year from now you know?..) from a post I made a page or so back

The Dreamcast was not just a victim of pirating as you would believe

oh.. so I suppose they just made millions of dollars from the games they werent selling, because they were being pirated, right?... What the f**k?

You critize everything to do with Sony or Microsoft, decipitating it as a megolomanic corporation with no soul and no reverance for true gaming

please point out 'where' I said they have no reverence for gaming... I said I would go with whoever displayed those qualities, once all 3 are released (although there is a possibility I may get all 3.. who knows)

Not to mention their company was ALREADY one foot in the grave due to its previous console failures. Namely Saturn. I'm sure you already know this. Right?

.. if saturn put one foot in the grave for them.. I dont believe they could afford to engineer the dreamcast... again.. they lost ALOT of money on pirated software.. the poor timing I can probably agree with.. but everything else in that paragraph of tidbits is oozing with sony favoritism

why would I get all the systems if I *depict* them so badly.. Im just expecting multimillion dollar corporations to give a damn.. I hardly find that a absurd demand

basically... your entire post consists of personally attacking me, rather than discussing the issue at hand

Draco69
I dont own any FPS for cube.. cuz I got a PC... roll eyes (sarcastic) why would I bother?... and just cuz 'you' dislike GC controller for soul calibur doesnt make me wrong

I didn't say you were wrong. I just happened to prove that the GC controller is rather ineffective when it comes to any other game that doesn't have to do with Mario and Zelda. Nintendo has consistently ignored this aspect of their controllers since the N64. Hopefully they will learn that their controllers need to be far more compatible for other genres that deviate from their own.

you asked what I expected.. I gave you my answer.. so it was perfectly on topic.. as we were discussing the eternally long conference video.. plus I guarantee their boomerang is unsuitable for most game types (unless of course, the rear of the controller is more contoured than the front).. however.. the boomerang design is horribly unoriginal for Sony.. as PC controllers have an equilibrium based controller of similar design which was manufactured ages ago.. tsk tsk.. yes.. indeed.. play soul calibur with a touch pad? where do I sign up?

Your answer doesn't make sense. It equates to something a teenage girl with PMS would say. You didn't like the conference and the ass-kissing so the consoles are justified to unfound criticism due to the prior fact. That's not rational. I can understand if you critize the fact if you critize the consoles for their design (i.e. the controller which is a viable source for criticism) but not for the way the spokesman do business. I don't pay attention to the people who present. I pay attention to the games and consoles themselves. Something you haven't seem to have done.

I too am quite skeptical of the controller. But it's growing on me. It has a nice color. I would rather that they have stuck to the old design but I guess it was time for change. Although I would have chosen ANOTHER type of change. But from the reviews of people who actually tried the controller they liked it so we'll see. And the controller quite similar to the N64 controller....

You wanna play Soul Calibur with a touchpad?! Wow. You're very brave. Two years down the line tell me how you do with it. Probably takes months to get off a decent combo. I mean THINK about it. Touchpads don't work. They need BUTTONS. That you can press. Ever tried to type one of those laserlight keyboards? I have. They suck .

um.. hello? anyone upstairs in there?.. you asked me what my definition was... and I gave it..

Hello back. I asked for a definition and a reference to what it had to with the new generation of consoles. More specifically E3. You said that the new consoles didn't show "a rich gaming experience". I rationally asked how you could judge such a definition upon prototypes, previews and trailers. You didn't answer that. Maybe because it doesn't make sense to you either.

didnt even say that.... clean some shit out of your ears (namely the stuff that you keep pretending came from me).. I was referring to the finished products (like a year from now you know?..) from a post I made a page or so back

Once again. Did you actually PLAY the finished products? No you watched trailer and a few paragraphs on the game. I heard it loud and clear my friend. It doesn't make sense attribute such a indepth definiton of "rich gaming experience" to games that you haven't played and just watch previews of. It doesn't make sense. Don't judge a book by its cover. Especially with such a deep belief on how games should be. You believe that games should immerse you into another world and introduce you to new gaming concepts. And yet in a hypocritical fashion you judge a games' validity with this notion upon a few brief trailers and screenshots. It's not valid.

oh.. so I suppose they just made millions of dollars from the games they werent selling, because they were being pirated, right?

As I said before, and you obviously didn't read it, it wasn't just pirating. It was bad marketing, business and simply bad timing. Not to mention they were nearly bankrupt to begin with. You didn't dig too much into the history did you? wink

please point out 'where' I said they have no reverence for gaming... I said I would go with whoever displayed those qualities, once all 3 are released (although there is a possibility I may get all 3.. who knows)

You didn't read it correctly. You believe that "certain companies" don't input as much creativity and innovativeness as others. Like Nintendo. That's what I meant.

Good luck. I read an article about an article in Japan that Sony said the PS3 would cost 50,000 yen. That's roughly $465 dollars. ONE blasted system would render me broke. sad

.. if saturn put one foot in the grave for them.. I dont believe they could afford to engineer the dreamcast... again.. they lost ALOT of money on pirated software.. the poor timing I can probably agree with.. but everything else in that paragraph of tidbits is oozing with sony favoritism

You don't know much about corporation business. I'll simplify it for you. Playstation 1 outsold them. Saturns did not sell. They were in debt. They took loans (why I don't know. Very unwise) to make the Dreamcast. They rush released it to make it before the PS2. Unfortunately this was their downfall because as you already mentioned the pirated games (they didn't both to protect the discs) and because Sony outmanuevered them in the gaming industry. The system did not sell as well as the projections were hoped for. Sega had no choice to remove themselves from the costly world of video gaming console marketing and stick with games. THAT was wise.

why would I get all the systems if I *depict* them so badly.. Im just expecting multimillion dollar corporations to give a damn.. I hardly find that a absurd demand

Why? I have no idea. You must be a completionist like me or something. You decipt certain companies in a bad light than others. That's a fact. Whether or not you have the systems doesn't aclude you from this disposition.

No corporation gives damn about the people. Fact of life. It's always about profit. So f*** the people who don't like it. Money is all that matters. It's true of nearly all corporations.

basically... your entire post consists of personally attacking me, rather than discussing the issue at hand

Personal attacks? Where? This is just a critique of your arguements and perceptions of the new consoles. This isn't a personal attack. It's just friendly criticism. Sorry if you don't see it that way. The issue at hand was the new consoles. You believed we were all duped by "pretty diagrams". I said that we were simply reviewing the previews and trailers.

SaTsuJiN
I just happened to prove that the GC controller is rather ineffective when it comes to any other game that doesn't have to do with Mario and Zelda

how did you supposedly prove something that can only be judged by personal opinion?.. that simply doesnt mix..

You said that the new consoles didn't show "a rich gaming experience"

and Im telling you 'again' for the 2nd time.. that I didnt.. Read please :

"I'm just waiting to see which company is gonna stop talking smack and actually deliver a rich gaming experience" <- a post 1 page back.. OMG!

quote: (post)
didnt even say that.... clean some shit out of your ears (namely the stuff that you keep pretending came from me).. I was referring to the finished products (like a year from now you know?..) from a post I made a page or so back

Once again. Did you actually PLAY the finished products? No you watched trailer and a few paragraphs on the game. I heard it loud and clear my friend.

again.. I was making a reference toward the future, and not at the trailers themselves... I'm sure we as human beings have a decent amount of prediction, having played sooo many games from the past.. that we can possibly expect whats to come from the various software being released for each platform

You believed we were all duped by "pretty diagrams". I said that we were simply reviewing the previews and trailers.

and I was lying?.. I thought we at KMC never fall into hype (as most of the poor halo fans have been accused of and bashed for).. its nice to like a system and anticipate its arrival.. but some of the posts are just overtly dramatic.. some of them even have more than 3 exclamations and so forth (I'm just generalising the next gen threads.. not this in particular)

Draco69
how did you supposedly prove something that can only be judged by personal opinion?.. that simply doesnt mix..

I proved it through valid arguements based on personal opinion. Sure it mixes. Until you can counter it...

and Im telling you 'again' for the 2nd time.. that I didnt.. Read please

"I'm just waiting to see which company is gonna stop talking smack and actually deliver a rich gaming experience"

I believe you were referring to the new consoles. As I said we can't judge it solely on previews and trailers. Although after rereading it, we're basically saying the same thing. My bad.

again.. I was making a reference toward the future, and not at the trailers themselves... I'm sure we as human beings have a decent amount of prediction, having played sooo many games from the past.. that we can possibly expect whats to come from the various software being released for each platform

The problem is that your references are based on the trailers themselves. We can sometimes predict accurately however we are often wrong more often then not.

And with the growing technology of the games changing our predictions are apt to more inaccuracy. For example, everyone thought Grand Theft Auto would be a bomb. But we were proven wrong. We could be either wrong or right. I don't judge games on trailers or previews. I do however judge my interest in it. But certainly not its validity as game itself.

and I was lying?.. I thought we at KMC never fall into hype (as most of the poor halo fans have been accused of and bashed for).. its nice to like a system and anticipate its arrival.. but some of the posts are just overtly dramatic.. some of them even have more than 3 exclamations and so forth (I'm just generalising the next gen threads.. not this in particular)

Unfortunately you kinda wrong about the video game section. As I have seen in this forum it's basically adolescents who have limited experience and knowledge about the videogaming industry. They like pretty pictures and colors. What'd you expect. However I'm not buying into any hype. I'm certainly not gonna lay down $465 dollars for a system or anything for that matter without carefully considering it. I'm just excited with the prospect of new technology and advancement for the video-gaming industry as a whole.

Zen2nd
Anyway can you please stop ranting on like old ladies.

The Killzone 2 preview is actually pre-rendered

The controller looks very strange and difficult to hold but I'll have to wait untill its actually in my hands.

Mainstream
me too....I like the classic controll it works good ..why change up a good thing

Zen2nd
Didn't Sony have a quote that they used "If it ain't broke, why fix it?"

Mainstream
I do believe they have said that Zen2nd

Smasandian
Sony always used that quote.

Draco, that cost will probably increase for ps3 considering every console Sony releases's cost more in America than Japan. So its probably going to be upwards of $500. Wow, thats alot of money. There goes one paycheck for me.

Draco69
Oh god. I was right. I said it was gonna be at least $450 and I jinxed it.

Better start saving....

Smasandian
So they announced that Sony's PS3 is going to be $450?
If this is the right price (I presume your correct) and the exchange rate stays about the same until next year, the PS3 for Canadians will cost 568.04.
568.04!!!! Are you ****ing kidding me?
To get the system and one game will cost me over $600.
If this price is correct, and if the Revoultion and XBOX 360 is less expansive, could this be a bad thing for Sony?

gls
dur it will be bad. plus they will most likely over or under produce the consoles by a huge number and lose money

btw draco, Soul Calibur on the GC isn't bad. the controls worked fine. btw when describing the buttons u were wrong with the layout..and u said u owned it too. the b button is block-not the z button. vertical is y. not b. jus lettin u know. don't get mad or something.

anywho yes i heard the PS3 will cost a pretty penny or two.

jnr hiphop
I think this time Xbox 2 is gonna be better than ps3.. I may be wrong.. It's not like im saying that im sure or anything.. We'll have to wait and see..

DanZeke25
There is no official price yet

Mistah DEVIL
Originally posted by DanZeke25
There is no official price yet
i heard a RUMOR that the ps3 would prolly be 500 U.S. dollars

DanZeke25
I know... so did I... not you, but some people are acting like its the official price... and its not.. and i dont think its gonna be... it better not

Tthe Almighty
The PS3 is coming out sometime next year i thing that its going to be the best ever console and if anyone things other wise, go to hell you pathetic piece of crap.

Sith Master X
Originally posted by Tex
My opinions come from what I've seen. And what I've seen from PS3 is 100x more awesome than what I've seen from XBOX 1.5.

Agreed! thumb up

dark1365
Actually, it was. I saw an article about this on an old GamePro magazine, and it said that yes, the games were easily pirated. I can't remember the means, but I do remember that it made Sega waste a lot of money.

The trailers themselves took most of the plans that the actual companies worked on. Even though it is technically labelled a so-called 'prototype', I doubt that the overall product would change radically.

I keep getting called a Halo fanboy 'cause of it.

cal31
Well, it looks like all you PS fanboys can shut up about the PS3 kicking 360's ass because it is so powerful:http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html
Once again, another prime example of Sony completly overexaggerating their product and underacheiving.

SaTsuJiN
I could have said that.. but its honestly going to come down to who delivers good games.. I hope all the companies get on the ball.. this past generation (ps2/cube/box) just felt a little slow erm

Tthe Almighty
Agreed

JToTheP
I could have said that.. but its honestly going to come down to who delivers good games.. I hope all the companies get on the ball.. this past generation (ps2/cube/box) just felt a little slow erm

True, each console launched with 1 good game:

Ps2: SSX
GC:Rogue Leader
XBox:Halo

Then that was it until October 2001 when Ps2 put out GTA3, then GC & XBox were out in November. Then each year we were guaranteed a GTA for Ps2, except 2004 with the Double Pack. In 2001 the Jak & Daxter series bagan, & The Ratchet & Clank series, and Devil May Cry of course in October. In 2001 for GC was Eternal Darkness, and in 2002 we had the REmake, Resident Evil Zero, and Metroid Prime. 2003 was Wind Waker for GC, Manhunt for Ps2, etc. So yeah, it took time, they put alot of time inbetween their heavy hitters if you ask me. I obviously didn't go through the whole list, but you get an idea.

dark1365
Yeah I agree....power and graphics mean s--- if the games themselves are crap.

sith_darth_jay
Originally posted by cal31

....Once again, another prime example of Sony completly overexaggerating their product and underacheiving.

oh yeah!!! even more so now that NONE of them are out, and you can NOT COMPARE them yes

"When you break down the numbers, Xbox 360 has provably more performance than PS3. Keep in mind that Sony has a track record of over promising and under delivering on technical performance. The truth is that both systems pack a lot of power for high definition games and entertainment.

However, hardware performance, while important, is only a third of the puzzle. Xbox 360 is a fusion of hardware, software and services. Without the software and services to power it, even the most powerful hardware becomes inconsequential. Xbox 360 games?by leveraging cutting-edge hardware, software, and services?will outperform the PlayStation 3."

so they are basically saying that 360 is better, then is provably better, but them saying saying they are the same "The truth is that both systems pack a lot of power for high definition games and entertainment." and them saying that power isn't everything, without software they're dead.... make up your own mind,will ya!!

this report is coming from Microsoft, of course they will say Xbox 1.5 is better, what makes me wanna laugh is that at the end they're not sure they will be better or not, they want power,and show you power, but did that power help them beat Sony in the last battle... no it didn't

what makes a console great is games, not power. while the only game that could help them launch 360 is halo 3. PS3 will have DMC 3, RE5, MGS4 and who knows what else

dark1365
the 360 will not launch with Halo 3.

dark1365
If the PS3 indeed costs almost $600, it will be nearly twice the price of the 360 and Revolution when it comes out. That's bad for their market.

sith_darth_jay
what I meant is that's the only big game nowadays that creates a big hype for 360

sith_darth_jay
Originally posted by dark1365
If the PS3 indeed costs almost $600, it will be nearly twice the price of the 360 and Revolution when it comes out. That's bad for their market.

I agree on that, will be a big problem

dark1365
Yeah, but current rumors says that the third Halo will release the exact date of launch of the PS3. Which is bad timing I reckon.

sith_darth_jay
bad timing? you mean for Sony or Microsoft?

dark1365
Hmm.....good question. Microsoft maybe.

cal31
Originally posted by sith_darth_jay

what makes a console great is games, not power. while the only game that could help them launch 360 is halo 3. PS3 will have DMC 3, RE5, MGS4 and who knows what else I agree, but I just got tired of all the PS fanboys bragging about the PS3's power and saying it was going to be so much better just because of that, despite the fact they say the exact opposite about PS2 and Xbox since the Xbox is much more powerful.

dark1365
I know. PS3 may necessarily be more powerful, but it's the actual games and accessories(online play and etc.) that determine its real quality.

Sith Master X
Yep, only time will tell. big grin

AdventChild
i'm looking forward to the online performance! then i will base my answer onto which is better!

sith_darth_jay
Originally posted by cal31
I agree, but I just got tired of all the PS fanboys bragging about the PS3's power and saying it was going to be so much better just because of that, despite the fact they say the exact opposite about PS2 and Xbox since the Xbox is much more powerful.

that's true, but I think what's happening now it's that many Xbox fanboy bragged about Xbox being so powerful and how it's (was) better than PS2 just because of that, now PS fanboys are having (or taking) their revenge big grin.

but what really matters it's the gameplay, not graphics

on a side note, I don't give a damn about accessories, I think that's just dumb. they're good when they help you, but utterly ridiculous when they're needed for a game (when you can not play a game if you don't have that accessory). online on the other hand it's a different matter big grin

Sith Master X
that's true, but I think what's happening now it's that many Xbox fanboy bragged about Xbox being so powerful and how it's (was) better than PS2 just because of that, now PS fanboys are having (or taking) their revenge big grin.

That's exactly what I said, before I edited my above post. laughing out loud

cal31
Originally posted by AdventChild
i'm looking forward to the online performance! then i will base my answer onto which is better! Well, in that category the 360 will undoubtedly trump the PS3. I mean, Xbox already has around 2 million subscribers, and every single game is going to be made live aware, plus add to that a online marketplace. I mean, no matter what Sony does, Xbox is already so far ahead of everyone else for online gaming that it's going to be hard to beat them.

Sith Master X
We'll see when the time comes I guess. I'm sure with new games a capabilities the PS3 will do far better online than the PS2 did.

cal31
Originally posted by Sith Master X
We'll see when the time comes I guess. I'm sure with new games a capabilities the PS3 will do far better online than the PS2 did. Yeah, I think it's a safe bet that they will definetly push online more since they saw how much money the Xbox made off of it.

AdventChild
graphics..Ps3....gameplay..unknown....onlineperformance...xbox360...... looks...xbox360.... power....ps3.....which one i like better so far...xbox360..... winner.... xbox360..

jnr hiphop
LoL.. I reckon Xbox has more features..

DanZeke25
graphics..Ps3....gameplay..unknown....onlineperformance...xbox360...... looks...xbox360.... power....ps3.....which one i like better so far...xbox360..... winner.... xbox360..

Graphics...Ps3(so far).... gameplay... is unknown, but i like sports games the most and they are usually better on PS.. so PS3 is winning for me... online Xbox 360... power Ps3... one i like better so far... Ps3.. winner... both.. becuase hopefully ill get both

dark1365
360 will come with more features.

jnr hiphop
I think this time xbox 360 will be better than ps3

Mainstream
doubtful.....they went from Xbox 1 to Xbox 360...bad move on thier part..what about Xbox 2? Xbox 17? Xbox 267? I really wanted to play Xbox 342..but I guess it wasn't meant to be. sad laughing

ZomBiE_HunTER
Cheeck this out http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000053044312/

AdventChild
Originally posted by Mainstream
doubtful.....they went from Xbox 1 to Xbox 360...bad move on thier part..what about Xbox 2? Xbox 17? Xbox 267? I really wanted to play Xbox 342..but I guess it wasn't meant to be. sad laughing

I'm not sure on this but was this meant to be funny? Just wondering.....

jnr hiphop
lol

stingray005
The xbox 360 looks like it has better graphics...... from what I've seen so far.

darth_royke
who cares about features? everyone here raved for the xbox... you can listen to tunes on an xbox! but i have a stereo for that. the live services for any machines are'nt that good yet, so see what games come out. potential wont be realised for a couple of years. and its deffo out 2006

Smasandian
Just going through Gamespot and there was a few things that I saw.
1st) Sony exec says PS3 is not a gaming machine, but an entertainment supercomputer. (Sony looks like their going for gold on this machine)
2nd) PS3 will be price in Japan at the same price that PS2 was at when it was released. (Ill believe it when I see it)

ZomBiE_HunTER
That can actully happen. But time will tell. Look at this to
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/24/news_6126423.html

Bishop X
Originally posted by stingray005
The xbox 360 looks like it has better graphics...... from what I've seen so far.

I don't think so.

SaTsuJiN
http://img.penny-arcade.com/2005/20050523l.jpg hehe

Mainstream
I'm not sure on this but was this meant to be funny? Just wondering.....

for those who have a sense of humor....I'm assuming you don't..but how are you doin? Xbox fan I gather?stick out tongue

joeykangaroo
no seriously whats the point of the PS3 anyay
they had the playstation, the playstation2, PSP and now PS3
....why

Mainstream
Evolution dear boy or girl...after about 5 years the time has come for a new machine..they have the power they have the technology..beside if they didn't come out with a PS3 Xbox 360 which is ironically Xbox 2, could kick sony ass....besides you want to see video game company continute to compete to make the better machine because ulitmately we the game players win.

AdventChild
for those who have a sense of humor....I'm assuming you don't..but how are you doin? Xbox fan I gather?stick out tongue

i have a fantastic sense of humor....i actually thought that was funny! i just thought i'd make fun of it..lol...and i'm doin great how are you doin? ehh i'm not much of a fan of either i just like playin them.....

Mainstream
I am a fan of all video game consoles.....I only buy playstation games but I've been known to go to my brothers house to play his xbox.

Bishop X
bump.

CorderaMitchell
bump bump

SaTsuJiN
I'm not really into sony's new 'spiderman text' that they got pasted all over their console.. and I'll definately be using my old ps2 controller.. the boomerang looks like it can kill someone

Mainstream
I'm not really into sony's new 'spiderman text' that they got pasted all over their console.. and I'll definately be using my old ps2 controller.. the boomerang looks like it can kill someone

makes a handy weapon

Bishop X
I was apprehensive about the the N64 controller but look how good that turned out...

SaTsuJiN
makes a handy weapon

lol.. be across the room from your friend and get pwnt by him.. then take vengeance

you : ~_-.... *chuck boomerang*

**clonk!**

you : kekekeke

sith_darth_jay
lol

...I don't like the spiderman font either....

PSP> Killer Ninja Stars
PS3> Killer Boomerang

laughing out loud

SaTsuJiN
oh the abusive fun to be had... *puts ps2 multitap in sock* *whomp!* kekeke.... i r winz~ ^^;;

splintercell
lol

...I don't like the spiderman font either....

PSP> Killer Ninja Stars
PS3> Killer Boomerang

laughing out loud
lmao laughing out loud laughing out loud i wonder if u throw the controller it will come back

))TrAuMa((
it is funny that the only thing that people can make fun of the PS3 is the font and the controller but when it comes to performance it owns!

ZomBiE_HunTER
The videos at E3 wasnt even using all of the Ps3's power
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/22/news_6128031.html?tag=lastword_all_headline

))TrAuMa((
Exactly^

Smasandian
Rumor though.

Its some tech website that they quoted. You cant really say its true or not.

DanZeke25
its gonna come out in spring 2006, thats what it says in GameInformer anyway, it also says the rumored price in Japan is 39,800 yen(which is $368) thats not bad. They also said the they interviewed somebody from the X-box 360 and he said that the price will be in the neighborhood of $300.

The Ones
June 18th 2006 at 11:59

n00bslayer
you do know that ps3 is bluffing most of their games right now. or are all of you fan boys to stupid to look and listen? the game trailers for ps3 that have been on the web are CG. sony even admitted to it. they said that they hope to get their graphics that good. but i highly doubt that any consol could do that kind of graphics. computers can't even run that shit. i just looks to real. i even looked at killzone 2 and it looked amazing 'till they admitted to it being fake. don't always trust what your feeble little dry eyes see until you have played it first hand.

splintercell
Originally posted by ))TrAuMa((
it is funny that the only thing that people can make fun of the PS3 is the font and the controller but when it comes to performance it owns!

true it dose own i absolutly love it but u gotta admitt the sometime people just gotta get giggle out of some stuff. the only reason i dont like the xbox 360 that much is bcuz it like a big ipod or a computer that u play games with its nothing really mind blowing like the ps3 it just fookin amazing and like they said it wasent even uasing its full power im gonna be the firts inline to get my ps3 at my local ebgames

peace!

SaTsuJiN
if you think none of these consoles are computers.. you desperately need help...

splintercell
the only console thats a comp is the damn xbox 360

Smasandian
Umm no.

Sony has actually called the ps3 a entertainment supercomputer. The 360 and the Ps3 are both computer look a likes.

splintercell
they may look like but the ps3 is not a damn computer

CorderaMitchell
okaaaaaaaaaaaay

Smasandian
But Sony themselves said it was an entertainment supercomputer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.