How do you think Tom Welling would look in the SuperBoy costume?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zod4Life
I think he'd look great in a SuperBoy costume and I think that as Superman Clark should crack some jokes to give the character of Superman some humor.Back to the topic,how do you think Tom would look in SuperBoy's original suit?

IceWithin
arent the suits the same?
anyways, I dont think he should wear it... I dunno... well to start of he doesnt have as many muscles as the other supermans

TWelling4Ever
^ yes i think it would look gay, stay away from it tom!!! *begs*

chronic
probably like this

chronic
probably like this

TWelling4Ever
which proves my point, gay!!!!! *begs harder* please don't wear it!!!!

sexylexy32
Tom has said before that he would prefer not to wear it ,it would look odd I think

chronic
like this

pr1983
firstly, superman doesnt crack jokes... thats not how he does things...

second, superboy has his own costume...

and i still dont get how you can call the suit gay when its one of the main things that makes superman who he is...

no superman in his suit = no smallville = no tom welling to drool over for you lot... stick out tongue

TWelling4Ever
Originally posted by pr1983
firstly, superman doesnt crack jokes... thats not how he does things...

second, superboy has his own costume...

and i still dont get how you can call the suit gay when its one of the main things that makes superman who he is...

no superman in his suit = no smallville = no tom welling to drool over for you lot... stick out tongue
the suit isn't gay, but on tom welling it would be, especially if it was all in bright colors...

pr1983
Originally posted by TWelling4Ever
the suit isn't gay, but on tom welling it would be, especially if it was all in bright colors...

it wont suit him until he fills out...

TWelling4Ever
ehh....that's questionable confused

pr1983
ehh....that's questionable confused

i mean until he grows up, gets a bit of stubble... looks more like a man and less than a boy...

Darth_Duffy
He's 28 years old, hes as much of a man as he's ever going to be, of course in smallville hes always clean shaven and fresh faced considering hes playing a character aged around 20/21.

pr1983
Originally posted by Darth_Duffy
He's 28 years old, hes as much of a man as he's ever going to be, of course in smallville hes always clean shaven and fresh faced considering hes playing a character aged around 20/21.

thats my point... he's still playing a teen, he looks like one too...

superman needs to look like a man, like someone whos full of self confidence, he has to comman respect just by walking in the room...

welling doesnt do that imo...

Mainstream
that's why Tommy is super boy not superman

pr1983
Originally posted by Mainstream
that's why Tommy is super boy not superman

exactly my point...

Mainstream
I think maybe 7 to 10 years down the road Tom could be Supes...maybe in the Superman Batman movie...or as I like to call it "Batman beats the $hit out of Superman..the movie"

pr1983
I think maybe 7 to 10 years down the road Tom could be Supes...maybe in the Superman Batman movie...or as I like to call it "Batman beats the $hit out of Superman..the movie"

laughing you wish... supes would destroy bats in a fight...

Mainstream
I think if Batman is given time to prepare he could get Supes...I've always been a fan of brains over brawn

pr1983
I think if Batman is given time to prepare he could get Supes...I've always been a fan of brains over brawn

superman is incredibly intelligent too... and in every fight they've had superman has been holding back, why? deep down he's a good person... if he and batman became enemies things would change very quickly...

and besides... in hush, superman holding back was him about to club batman with a police car...

Mainstream
Superman has even said if I was to be taken down by Bruce it'd be an honor something to that effect

TWelling4Ever
blink

Mainstream
blink

tongue12 hey buddy eek!

pr1983
Superman has even said if I was to be taken down by Bruce it'd be an honor something to that effect

thats why he gave him the ring... he trusts batman to be the only one who can take him down... but the reverse is true too...

TWelling4Ever
Is this in the comics? This is for Smallville guys! jam

Mainstream
I think if they fough they kill one another or cripple one another...Batman would have to fight crime by using robots and Superman will be the most powerful crimefighter in a wheelchair.

pr1983
Is this in the comics? This is for Smallville guys! jam

comics embarrasment

I think if they fough they kill one another or cripple one another...Batman would have to fight crime by using robots and Superman will be the most powerful crimefighter in a wheelchair.

i dont think so...

Zod4Life
Originally posted by IceWithin
arent the suits the same?
anyways, I dont think he should wear it... I dunno... well to start of he doesnt have as many muscles as the other supermans

He has way more muscle than the guy that played SuperBoy in the adventures of Superman and he's way bigger than Kirk Alyn and George Reeves.He looks like he's a little bigger than Dean Cain and soon he may be bigger than Chris Reeve was when he was Superman.Take a look at Tom without a shirt(clean glasses also if you have some)and tell me if you still think he has no muscle.

Zod4Life
What about the black and silver costume?That would look cool!

pr1983
Originally posted by Zod4Life
He has way more muscle than the guy that played SuperBoy in the adventures of Superman and he's way bigger than Kirk Alyn and George Reeves.He looks like he's a little bigger than Dean Cain and soon he may be bigger than Chris Reeve was when he was Superman.Take a look at Tom without a shirt(clean glasses also if you have some)and tell me if you still think he has no muscle.

he also doesnt have any facial hair... he has muscle, but he still looks too young imo...

cain and reeve looked older...

Zod4Life
He needs to look young.Next season he's going to be Superman and he needs to look as young as possible because he's going to be Superman in training which is a young Superman.Clark's only 19 and Tom is 28.They're both old enough to be Superman and not to old and not to young.

pr1983
He needs to look young.Next season he's going to be Superman and he needs to look as young as possible because he's going to be Superman in training which is a young Superman.Clark's only 19 and Tom is 28.They're both old enough to be Superman and not to old and not to young.

i very much doubt we'll see clark as superman (bar maybe the final episode), it will just be more teen angst, finding some miracle to make lex and clark become mortal enemies while lex has no idea clark is (or will be) superman, and trying to sort out the mess that is him and lois lane...

tom is really 28? he looks 19 (perfect eh?)...

superman doesnt really train as such, his powers will gradually get better, its not like he has to do physcial training due to his metabolism... he could sit on his ass drinking beer and watching baseball and his powers will still develop the way they normally would...

he looks old enough to be a very young, teen superman (i.e. superboy), not a fully grown one...

he isnt superman till he gets the suit...

and i would be very surprised if we saw it...

smallville is a teen drama first and a superman show second, spandex just doesnt work...

cindy8219
he would look fantastic without a doubt. embarrasment

TWelling4Ever
perv Tom's muscles!

Zod4Life
I don't get it.

TWelling4Ever
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mainstream
heh heh.

TWelling4Ever
embarrasment

Mainstream
what you shy fo?

TWelling4Ever
*shrugs shoulders*

Mainstream
tongue12character28

TWelling4Ever
laughing

pr1983
no expression

Zod4Life
Why does TW always get to see the nude chicks?

TWelling4Ever
blink ^ what?

IceWithin
it wont suit him until he fills out...

he needs to have more muscles erm

IceWithin
blink ^ what?

exactly laughing

TWelling4Ever
he needs to have more muscles erm
he's buff, dude! haven't you seen him shirtless in the epi's?

chronic
I think if Batman is given time to prepare he could get Supes...I've always been a fan of brains over brawn i agree
geez...smallville fangoys/girls never change,they say supes could beat anyone
oh yeah in hush batman couldve wooped supes without the K-ring and if i recall big blue has died and bats hasnt, nuff said

IceWithin
he's buff, dude! haven't you seen him shirtless in the epi's?

plenty of times but tom welling looks so... boyish erm not...macho like the real superman, u know?

TWelling4Ever
Yeah, but he isn't bad!!!

flex -him
perv - me

IceWithin
stick out tongue still... I do have a point

TWelling4Ever
yeah... cry crying1

Zod4Life
Welling is buff and looks young and that's good.He shouldn't look middle aged because how are you going to be Superman when you look old?He's probably going to be Superman next season so he needs to keep his young figure.Get as much sleep and working out as possible as he can so that when he has on a Superman suit,he won't look small and scrawny.

TWelling4Ever
I agree, he's buff! Luv it! perv

pr1983
Welling is buff and looks young and that's good.He shouldn't look middle aged because how are you going to be Superman when you look old?He's probably going to be Superman next season so he needs to keep his young figure.Get as much sleep and working out as possible as he can so that when he has on a Superman suit,he won't look small and scrawny.

superman is middle aged...

i doubt he'll be wearing any costume regularly in season 5...

TWelling4Ever
not regularyly but maybetowards the end...

IceWithin
superman is middle aged...

i doubt he'll be wearing any costume regularly in season 5...
agreed.

not regularyly but maybetowards the end...
doubtful but possible

TWelling4Ever
Well if it's true that this is the last season, then it will prolly end with him first putting on the suit or sumthin like that

IceWithin
yeah... maybe...
hopefuly not though stick out tongue

TWelling4Ever
well how else would they end the show?

Zod4Life
I heard tha there was supposed to be 7 seasons altogether but maybe my sources are wrong.I hope that seaosn 5 isn't the last season though.This is such a great show and it would be ashame for it to end after season 5.

TWelling4Ever
I agree completely, I hope that it was just a rumor about it ending in season 5, but he has graduated and shortly after that he goes to the Daily Star (now Daily Planet in Smallville) and works and meets Lois. So eventually his parents will have to die soon, because that's when he decides he has to become Superman.

pr1983
I agree completely, I hope that it was just a rumor about it ending in season 5, but he has graduated and shortly after that he goes to the Daily Star (now Daily Planet in Smallville) and works and meets Lois. So eventually his parents will have to die soon, because that's when he decides he has to become Superman.

if he goes to metropolis then how can the show still be called smallville?

smallville is a teen show, once he goes to metropolis it stops being that...

his parents? he became superman with or without them dying...

i honestly believe the last shot of the last episode will be either clark getting on the bus to metropolis or else him flying to metropolis in the suit...

TWelling4Ever
true, but i read the first comic, it said after his parents died he became superman

pr1983
true, but i read the first comic, it said after his parents died he became superman

maybe, but as i remember (if im wrong correct me), that his mother made his suit for him...

TWelling4Ever
can't say i remember that, but i'm not doubting you wink

pr1983
can't say i remember that, but i'm not doubting you wink

i know his dad died, not sure about his mother...

from what i remember he saved a nasa launch gone bad, and then thats what made him a public figure, so he had the suit made...

i could be so wrong...

TWelling4Ever
i dunno....have to look it up i guess

IceWithin
if he goes to metropolis then how can the show still be called smallville?

smallville is a teen show, once he goes to metropolis it stops being that...

his parents? he became superman with or without them dying...

i honestly believe the last shot of the last episode will be either clark getting on the bus to metropolis or else him flying to metropolis in the suit...

yeah cause superman is a show for adults? please...

TWelling4Ever
^ Very true blink A kid or teen can't watch Smallville?

pr1983
yeah cause superman is a show for adults? please...

huh sorry i misunderstood...

TWelling4Ever
blink

IceWithin
huh sorry i misunderstood...

u said "smallville is a teen show, once he goes to metropolis it stops being that..."
I assume u mean that by saying "...once he goes to metropolis..." ure talkin' 'bout superman
so, u'd be saying "sv is for teens, sm aint"

Zod4Life
I'm 11 and I watch Smallville.If he becomes Superman,how is it just for adults?

TWelling4Ever
that's what we're asking..

Mainstream

it's for everyone body kiddies.

TWelling4Ever
^body kiddies?

IceWithin

this forum is for people who are 13+

skiiboyz342
tom wellings would not look good like that it would look sick and wrong not just sick but sick and wrong!!!!!! blink

mtryder
Originally posted by chronic
i agree
geez...smallville fangoys/girls never change,they say supes could beat anyone
oh yeah in hush batman couldve wooped supes without the K-ring and if i recall big blue has died and bats hasnt, nuff said

There's this really cool, amazing concept called context that I really think you should try to understand sometime. See: while the statement that Superman has died and Batman has not may be true, that's deceiving at best. Do you think Batman would have defeated Doomsday? If you do, you're wrong. Plain and simple.

This isn't a fanboy speaking- I like both Batman and Superman, and if pressed to choose between the two, I'd probably ultimately pick Batman as the cooler of the two. The reason that he's cooler, however, is precisely the reason that there is simply no goddamn way he could ever even come close to defeating Superman: he's human.

Unfortunately for Batman, the fact that he's human puts him at a sizable disadvantage in some pretty key areas, such as (lack of) super strength, (lack of) super speed, (lack of) shooting heat rays out of his freaking eyeballs, and (lack of) flight. Sure, he has gadgets that can whip out, but unless his gameplan involves sneaking up on Superman with a truckload of kryptonite--a nearly impossible task, given Superman's super hearing and x-ray vision--he's simply far too handicapped by the fact that he's not an alien with freakishly unfair powers to have any chance. While I agree with you that brains defeat brawn, the difference in brawn is simply too massive (not to mention that Superman is by no means an idiot).

hotjiggaman
he would look good in it. the show is making him look good in it as the show it going. he would work himself into a costume

((The_Anomaly))
superboy? i don't think he should EVER have anything to do with superboy to be honest, it should go from Clark to Superman, no midpoints, nothing in between. he should decide (like in the movies) that he needs to be superman. (after Johnathan dies) i hope they show him in the supes suit in the final eps. even if its only for a second, it must be done, and Tom Welling must know that him in the suit is inevitable.

drakeprimeone
Im not a regular here but thought I'd put in my two cents since Im fairly knowledgeable about DC character story lines. If Smallville decides to follow the modern comic book story line, both of Clarks parents are still alive while he is an adult so not to worry there. In older versions of Superman his parents die before becoming superman and incidentally he has all his powers from birth.
Obviously the Smallville TV show tweaks with the Superman story line a bit since he shouldnt meet Lois or Luther until he is in metropolis as Superman. Putting him in the classic Superman suit he would look a little odd, especially since he looks like a kid, but then again imo the closest resemblance to Superman is still Chris Reeve. The current version of Superboy doesnt wear a supersuit at all and is actually quite a human looking costume. Its Jeans with a black Tshirt with a red S logo. I think that would work for Tom in the TV series.
As for Superman VS Batman..... Put them both in a ring going fist to fist Superman wins easily. Give Batman different surroundings, time to plan, and gadgets... he wins. Besides the Hush story line there are story lines where Batmans intellect and gadgets take out the entire Justice League (Tower of Babel).Current Superboy Costume

Uber_Jedi
SuperBoy Costume=CRAP!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.