Dark Materials Trilogy!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

titalice
Who likes the Dark Materials trilogy? I know I do! I any of you don't know what the Dark Materials trilogy is then it contains 'THE NORTHERN LIGHTS', 'THE SUBTLE KNIFE' and 'THE AMBER SPYGLASS'! I haven't finished reading 'THE AMBER SPYGLASS' yet but I think it's really enjoyable at the moment. Do you like Dark Materials trilogy and why, or don't you like Dark Materials books and why? I want to know everything you think about these books because most of mymates don't read and some of them do, but most of them don't! Lol!

sai12
They were very good books. I remember reading them a few years back. Kinda weird, if I remember right. Too bad I don't believe in re-reading smile

big gay kirk
As I've said before.... any book that agres with the Secrets of Enoch, and deals with an attempt to overthrow God can't be all bad....

Dizzle
Not just an attempt dude. Metatron with the power of God so gets dragged into a pit for all eternity. Such a depressing ending though. But don't you just love when people pronounce it 'Sub-tle'? The entire alternate realities thing was cool too.

LovingWill
I love everything about them. I'm actually auditioning for the movies. i got addresses and everything, phone numbers too! I love how they can always make me cry and how DETAILED they are. OH I JUST LOVE THOSE BOOKS! AHHHHHHHHH!

Movie_Geek_
I read the books about three years ago back to back and liked them all. The hole different worlds thing was way cool and the fact the the characters where fairly realistic for a would of fantasy...well, a made up world in any case.

Dizzle
The whole book's a new perspective on pretty much everything... Great character development, great settings, amazing plot, first class stuff. Philip Pullman has some other really good stuff too. Clockwork is a pure classic... Kinda scary too.

Oh, and I absolutely LOVE how Lyra, the hero of the whole shebang, is NOT from our Earth... It makes the whole thing that much cooler. And of course, Asriel's just THE guy. Bring it Metatron. Bring it.

LovingWill
Yeah I like that too. I'm really looking forward to the movies.

Dizzle
Yeah... All I can say is... they better be good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.