Pot is not as safe as some people think!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

moviejunkie23
http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/node/7804/print
http://my.webmd.com/content/Article/53/61380.htm?printing=true

Its a common lie that pot is a safe drug. Don't let people fool you by telling you it is. I wasted about 2-3 years smoking the stuff in my teens and it was a total waste, thank goodness i didn't smoke it longer!!
So don't buy into the BS that weed is a natural drug that is good for you. Poison Ivy is natural, should you rub that over your body?
Read these articles, and think twice before thinking weed is harmless

KidRock
Originally posted by moviejunkie23

Its a common lie that pot is a safe drug. Don't let people fool you by telling you it is. I wasted about 2-3 years smoking the stuff in my teens and it was a total waste, thank goodness i didn't smoke it longer!!
So don't buy into the BS that weed is a natural drug that is good for you. Poison Ivy is natural, should you rub that over your body?

I dont need an article to tell me it ****s you up. I see all the 'punk skater' kids in school smokin up all the time. I guess it is just coincidence that those are the kids who drop out/get suspended/ end up working for 7$/hour at the skatepark for the rest of there lives.

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by KidRock
I dont need an article to tell me it ****s you up. I see all the 'punk skater' kids in school smokin up all the time. I guess it is just coincidence that those are the kids who drop out/get suspended/ end up working for 7$/hour at the skatepark for the rest of there lives.

they get suckered into that because they get duped into believing what people tell them and thats pot is harmless and some people even go so far as to say its good for you. It doesn't hurt to spread the information to people that don't know any better yet. Unfortuantley the ones that don't know any better may be at a higher risk of becoming pot heads

SlipknoT
Oh well, Some random article with false information is not going to stop me from smoking, You can not say a thing about weed until you have smoked it yourself.

KidRock
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Oh well, Some random article with false information is not going to stop me from smoking, You can not say a thing about weed until you have smoked it yourself.

Random article with fake information? roll eyes (sarcastic) Riiight. It is all fake information, one big scam by doctors, scientists and researchers all around right Slipknot? Lol whatever makes you sleep better at night.

Clovie
if it was perfectly safe it would be legal erm

SlipknoT
I'm not depressed and I dont have schizophrenia, nor does anyone I know who smokes.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Clovie
if it was perfectly safe it would be legal erm So your saying, Guns, Cigarettes, Alcohol, Knifes, swords, Cars, pet alligators and such are all perfectly safe?

Clovie
So your saying, Guns, Cigarettes, Alcohol, Knifes, swords, Cars, pet alligators and such are all perfectly safe? and they're legal? blink not here.

moviejunkie23
who said i like booze or ciggerttes either? Its just a common fact all three are dangerous. I wrote this thread for the benefit of people like you who have been lied to into thinking pot is safe.
The reasearch says they have a greater risk of becoming mentaly ill later on in life as well. Not to mention the evidence how destruction weed is on your brain after long periods of usage. They have also shown that the time you start smoking weed heavily your brain slows down in its growth and it can really impare your brains maturity if your smoking as a teenager.
Its not good for you bro, i hate to break it to you.
And i have smoked it before and I had cases of extreme paranoia because of it. So did two of my friends. One even got into so much trouble over it and could not resist smoking it even when he had random UA's and it really screwed him up with the law.
I had one friend who was a heavy drug user that locked himself in his house for a few months because he thought someone had hexed him.
So please don't pretend people are stupid and they are gonna buy into the line that everyone that smokes weed is just fine

KidRock
and they're legal? blink not here.

Cars, Cigarettes and booze are illegal where you live?

SlipknoT
and they're legal? blink not here. Cars, knives, Ciggarets..ect...are Illegal where you live?

Big Evil
It has 10x more tar then ciggerates, ofcourse it's unsafe.
I still think people should be allowed to make thier own descisions and smoke if they choose too. Just don't do it while behind the wheel.

Clovie
Cars, knives, Ciggarets..ect...are Illegal where you live? driving cars too fast is illegal
having weapon is illegal, unless you have special permission, and i have no idea how to get it messed
cigarettes and alcohol is prohibited untill you're 18
and so on.

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by Big Evil
It has 10x more tar then ciggerates, ofcourse it's unsafe.
I still think people should be allowed to make thier own descisions and smoke if they choose too. Just don't do it while behind the wheel.

It would be nice if they were more educated about it though don't you think? I think its pretty seedy there is a whole community of people duped into thinking their extremley destructive activity is healthy for them. Maybe its just denial.

moviejunkie23
i think what clovie is saying its illegal to use those things when its a danger to you or someone around you for the most part.

SlipknoT
driving cars too fast is illegal
having weapon is illegal, unless you have special permission, and i have no idea how to get it messed
cigarettes and alcohol is prohibited untill you're 18
and so on. But yet all of them are still somehow legal. Really you cant even have a pocket knife with out like a permit??

moviejunkie23
yea keep on that line of questioning, trying to compare pot to other things THAT CAN BE DANGEROUS. So your addmitting pot can be dangerous by comparing it to other potential dangerous things that are legal?

Big Evil
Knives/Swords are a grey area weapon. I have several and have for years..

And to think, the goverment thinks i'm mentaly unstable. \m/ evil face \m/

Clovie
i think what clovie is saying its illegal to use those things when its a danger to you or someone around you for the most part. exactly what i was trying to say, tx

But yet all of them are still somehow legal. Really you cant even have a pocket knife with out like a permit?? pocket knife? i can have it.. but what for? blink

Alpha Centauri
Dumbest idiots on this forum sometimes, I swear.

-AC

BackFire
Drugs are bad, mmmmkay

Big Evil
Originally posted by BackFire
Drugs are bad, mmmmkay
I believe in freedom of body, so if people want to smoke marijuanna or douse cough syrup go right ahead. The only reason I don't think hardcore drugs should be allowed is cause their effects can destroy your body (and more importantly your mind.) much faster and even one hit can cause death.

moviejunkie23
well for whatever reason allot of people don't know the truth behind weed. whats wrong with sharing some research with them?

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC confused

SlipknoT

.. but what for? blink Anything you like....

Curl_Up&Dye
if it was perfectly safe it would be legal erm

actually back in the day it was. This was originally when these sorts of things were considered to be like DRUGS. They actually had a lot of things like that then, and most of them came from indian culture. Keyote (sp?), weed, and a few other hallucinagenics were also more popular than the history books tell you.
It was originally made illegal through an agreement between tobacco farmers and politicans. Tobacco farmers were losing too much money over the fact that pot was more popular. And tobacco was one of the main staples of the south. The tobacco farmers apparently paid off politicans to rally against hemp/weed farmers, and make the drug illegal.

I'm not sure of the exact dates, because it was something we briefly talked about in sociology. If anyone else has heard this, please back me up.

KidRock

-AC

Then leave.

Alpha Centauri
Being that you're one of the most hated and idiotic posters, me being one of the more intelligent and respected posters, hmm.

-AC

Afro Cheese
Not as safe as we thought? People constantly demonize marijuana and blame it for stuff that is a result of human stupidity.

Clovie

-AC luv ya too huh

Anything you like.... blink
i have surgeric-bladeerm

Originally posted by Curl_Up&Dye
actually back in the day it was. This was originally when these sorts of things were considered to be like DRUGS. They actually had a lot of things like that then, and most of them came from indian culture. Keyote (sp?), weed, and a few other hallucinagenics were also more popular than the history books tell you.
It was originally made illegal through an agreement between tobacco farmers and politicans. Tobacco farmers were losing too much money over the fact that pot was more popular. And tobacco was one of the main staples of the south. The tobacco farmers apparently paid off politicans to rally against hemp/weed farmers, and make the drug illegal.

I'm not sure of the exact dates, because it was something we briefly talked about in sociology. If anyone else has heard this, please back me up. i know..
i meant that according to present time.

Swanky-Tuna
You can not say a thing about weed until you have smoked it yourself.
I've never been shot in the face or eaten by a bear but I'm sure they suck.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I've never been shot in the face or eaten by a bear but I'm sure they suck. laughing out loud

KidRock
Being that you're one of the most hated and idiotic posters, me being one of the more intelligent and respected posters, hmm.

-AC

Wow, your loved on an INTERNET message board. I hope you feel special. Shut up and stop complaining moron.

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Not as safe as we thought? People constantly demonize marijuana and blame it for stuff that is a result of human stupidity.

but you admit , afro, that there are a group of people that maintain that pot is good for them?

moviejunkie23

-AC

and that was just rude, and no offense, didn't sound very intelligent. So far the only thing you have managed in this thread is to insult people

Afro Cheese
What, you mean hippies? Who really cares what they think?

Draco69
Why is pot so friggin controversial on this forum? You'd think its the Holy Grail or something. erm

Afro Cheese
It's a waste of money if you ask me. Way too expensive for such mild results.

Reborn Again
Well, duh! Y do ppl have 2 destroy their minds with stuff like that?

Alpha Centauri
Wow, your loved on an INTERNET message board. I hope you feel special. Shut up and stop complaining moron.

Haha, moron.

You were the one who brought it up, you equally ineffective insult.

You keep preaching Bush-Bible stories and I'll keep doing my thing.

We good? Good.

-AC

moviejunkie23
not just hippies, afro, i think you would be suprised into the idea pot is not bad for them. And hippies are usually just the extreme cases.

Well Draco Weed is the drug allot of drug abusers have convinced themselves is the healthy, OK drug that is fine to have. By attacking that drug you can stir up a hornets nest it appears.
Its sort of sad. I wonder how many great minds are deluded by a dangerous drug habit like pot

Afro Cheese
I wonder how many great minds are deluded by a dangerous drug habit like pot Most of your favorite musicians/comedians/actors, probably.

KidRock
Haha, moron.

You were the one who brought it up, you equally ineffective insult.

You keep preaching Bush-Bible stories and I'll keep doing my thing.

We good? Good.

-AC

That doesn't sound like a very intelligent and respectful post to me, does it? Watch out you might loose your 'wonderful' reputation around here. Get off your high horse, no one likes you.

edit: before BF comes in here and tells me to shut up im gonna let it go here. Go on and post what you think is a smart and witty come back, it wont bother me junior.

moviejunkie23
Most of your favorite musicians/comedians/actors, probably.

yea like david chappelle in the mental hospital

Afro Cheese
No pain no gain.

moviejunkie23
you can have the gain without the pain my friend. I doubt pot made chappelle a talented man.

Draco69
yea like david chappelle in the mental hospital

Whitney Houston. A very sad fall from grace.

moviejunkie23
i know he used stronger drugs than pot but look at kurt cobain as well, he was one of my favorite musicians. He is dead now from depression (please no conspiracy threads about kurt being murdered)

Afro Cheese
But Kurt Cobain lives in cuba with Elvis and Tupac Shakur..

Afro Cheese
you can have the gain without the pain my friend. I doubt pot made chappelle a talented man. No, but it probably made him funnier.

moviejunkie23
But Kurt Cobain lives in cuba with Elvis and Tupac Shakur..

lol
ok , afro, i will hand you that one
that was a much needed bit of humor in this post laughing

moviejunkie23
No, but it probably made him funnier.

i honestly doubt it.

Afro Cheese
Why? How many great comedians have there been that were 100% drug free?

moviejunkie23
what came first the talent or the drug binges?

moviejunkie23
allot of sports stars have drug problems, pot and cocain don't make you a better basket ball player but there sure is a high amount of drug abuse in sports.

KidRock
Why? How many great comedians have there been that were 100% drug free?

Mitch hedburg..no wait.. nevermind.

Alpha Centauri
That doesn't sound like a very intelligent and respectful post to me, does it? Watch out you might loose your 'wonderful' reputation around here. Get off your high horse, no one likes you.

edit: before BF comes in here and tells me to shut up im gonna let it go here. Go on and post what you think is a smart and witty come back, it wont bother me junior.

Excellent, I'm glad we could be friends and put this behind us smile.

So how's the weather? Smoked any weed lately?

-AC

moviejunkie23
Mitch hedburg..no wait.. nevermind.

WHO?????

laughing

moviejunkie23
Excellent, I'm glad we could be friends and put this behind us smile.

So how's the weather? Smoked any weed lately?

-AC

Yea american sounds like a regular bob marley lovin pot head if i ever heard of one!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Afro Cheese
allot of sports stars have drug problems, pot and cocain don't make you a better basket ball player but there sure is a high amount of drug abuse in sports. Yeah and they always end up sucking as a result of drug addiction.

While on the other hand, comedians are usually funnier on drugs. Hell, I'd go so far to say that people in general are funnier on drugs.

Draco69
Unfortunately I think that drugs in general are detrimental to teenagers. Some get so wound up in drugs that they don't look to the future and do anything of worth to themselves or to others. They drop out of school or get a dead-end minimum wage job with no possible advancement.

moviejunkie23
well you could also say that people in freak shows are more interesting to look at than regular people. Back in the day people found it very entertaining to watch people with defects and point and stare. Heck people even do that today with day time tv shows. That doesn't make it right someone has serios problems and then we are afforded the luxery to sit at home and watch and laugh. So maybe your laughin at the guy but there is some serios hurt in his life, thats sort of sad. I would rather the man be happy and not have a serios addiction, than having a good laugh. You can have humor without drugs

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by Draco69
Unfortunately I think that drugs in general are detrimental to teenagers. Some get so wound up in drugs that they don't look to the future and do anything of worth to themselves or to others. They drop out of school or get a dead-end minimum wage job with no possible advancement.

exactly. 99 percent of the time drugs do not benefit the user and can be highly destructive in their lives. I am sure you can point out anomolies but on the whole its not a good road to walk down

Afro Cheese
100 percent of the statistics in your post were made up on the spot.

Afro Cheese
well you could also say that people in freak shows are more interesting to look at than regular people. Back in the day people found it very entertaining to watch people with defects and point and stare. Heck people even do that today with day time tv shows. That doesn't make it right someone has serios problems and then we are afforded the luxery to sit at home and watch and laugh. So maybe your laughin at the guy but there is some serios hurt in his life, thats sort of sad. I would rather the man be happy and not have a serios addiction, than having a good laugh. You can have humor without drugs But that's not the same thing, you aren't laughing at their drug addiction. If they tell jokes and happen to be on drugs and the drugs make the jokes funnier it's still not laughing at their problems, it's laughing at their jokes. What they do in their spare time is none of out business.

moviejunkie23
give me some examples

Afro Cheese
give me some examples Of what?

moviejunkie23
yea but if it makes me laugh more the guys on drugs, i still don't like the idea that the guy has a problem in his life and i get to laugh more. who gives a crap???? is it really worth his pain so you can laugh more?? i would rather him have a happier life

moviejunkie23
Of what?

of statistics that were flase.

you want to go on that angle of the debate i can give you more sources, i am not making this up. weed is bad for you man. period. its proven.
just out of curiosity do you smoke Afro?

Afro Cheese
yea but if it makes me laugh more the guys on drugs, i still don't like the idea that the guy has a problem in his life and i get to laugh more. who gives a crap???? is it really worth his pain so you can laugh more?? i would rather him have a happier life So he's funny and he has problems in his life. Why is that so hard to accept? The fact that they do a good job at their work despite their own problems? I'd call that a gift.

They don't take the drugs so we can laugh more, them being funnier is just a side effect. Nothing is saying if they weren't a comedian they wouldn't be on drugs.

Afro Cheese
of statistics that were flase.

you want to go on that angle of the debate i can give you more sources, i am not making this up. weed is bad for you man. period. its proven.
just out of curiosity do you smoke Afro? Oh. That was just my way of saying that the comment "99 percent of the time drugs do not benefit the user and can be highly destructive in their lives" was a made up statistic.

I have smoked before, but I don't smoke regularly. Like I said before, too expensive for such mild results.

moviejunkie23
So he's funny and he has problems in his life. Why is that so hard to accept? The fact that they do a good job at their work despite their own problems? I'd call that a gift.

They don't take the drugs so we can laugh more, them being funnier is just a side effect. Nothing is saying if they weren't a comedian they wouldn't be on drugs.

according to you they do better with their gift BECAUSE of the drug addiction not despite, recognize the difference.
I am saying wether they are a comedian or not a comedian i would rather not see them suffer drug addiction. However less i may laugh at their jokes

moviejunkie23
Oh. That was just my way of saying that the comment "99 percent of the time drugs do not benefit the user and can be highly destructive in their lives" was a made up statistic.

I have smoked before, but I don't smoke regularly. Like I said before, too expensive for such mild results.

laughing common dude you know i was illustarting the point that meant MOST people. i wasn't trying to make someone think thatw as a real statistic dude, common stick out tongue how would you catagorize something that broad in a scientific study anyhow??? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Afro Cheese
according to you they do better with their gift BECAUSE of the drug addiction not despite, recognize the difference.
I am saying wether they are a comedian or not a comedian i would rather not see them suffer drug addiction. However less i may laugh at their jokes Yeah but they aren't on drugs because they want to be funnier, that's jsut a side effect. I doubt they say "Hmm.. I'm running out of ideas for my act.. maybe I should take up smoking crack."

moviejunkie23
so then your saying thats not even a good reason for people to do drugs then right?

Afro Cheese
laughing common dude you know i was illustarting the point that meant MOST people. i wasn't trying to make someone think thatw as a real statistic dude, common stick out tongue how would you catagorize something that broad in a scientific study anyhow??? roll eyes (sarcastic) Yeah, my post wasn't really being serious either. I saw you making up statistics so I made up my own.

moviejunkie23
wasn't supposed to be a "statistic" it was more like " nine times out of ten when i drink i end up with a bade hang over" it doesn't mean you did the math and calculated that it was precicley 90 percent of the time. Its just a figure of speech smile

Afro Cheese
so then your saying thats not even a good reason for people to do drugs then right? Of course it's not a good reason for people to do drugs. I never said that. My whole point was this from the beginning: You said that you wondered how many great minds have been warped by drugs, and I pointed out that a lot of entertainers almost seemed to be enhanced by it. Just pointing out that a lot of your favorite songs, movies, comedians, etc. have probably in some way or another been influenced by the artist's drug habbit.

moviejunkie23
Of course it's not a good reason for people to do drugs. I never said that. My whole point was this from the beginning: You said that you wondered how many great minds have been warped by drugs, and I pointed out that a lot of entertainers almost seemed to be enhanced by it. Just pointing out that a lot of your favorite songs, movies, comedians, etc. have probably in some way or another been influenced by the artist's drug habbit.

yea and i don't diagree fully on that, and i think we both agree that its not worth the bad effect on the entertainer

Afro Cheese
wasn't supposed to be a "statistic" it was more like " nine times out of ten when i drink i end up with a bade hang over" it doesn't mean you did the math and calculated that it was precicley 90 percent of the time. Its just a figure of speech smile I know, and mine wasn't a real statistic either, just a fancy way of saying that I disagree with your "figure of speech."

Afro Cheese
yea and i don't diagree fully on that, and i think we both agree that its not worth the bad effect on the entertainer Not if they become dependant, no. I have nothing against experimentation, though.

moviejunkie23
well i think we might actually agree more than we disagree.
Do you think for the average Joe weed can be very harmfull to them mentaly when taken in large amounts frequently?

Afro Cheese
I think it does more to them financially than it does physically or mentally. It may have some mental effects, I don't know. All I know is that my father was a pothead/alcoholic for most of my life and the biggest problem with marijuana was that he would waste all our money on it. Now he's been clean for a few years and he doesn't seem to be any different mentally from anyone his age who wasn't a pothead.

moviejunkie23
i am glad your dad cleaned up dude
yea finances is another issue concering weed. Also booze.

PVS
LETS HERE IT FOR AGENDA-BASED JUNK SCIENCE!!!!!!!

Happy DanceHappy DanceHappy DanceHappy DanceHappy DanceHappy Dance

finti
neither is life

Fearnix
yes

debbiejo

It makes you hungry too...You just might eat something nasty.

Alpha Centauri
If pot is ever legalised, it'll have a warning label like cigarettes. Like this:

WARNING: MAY CAUSE SEVERE EYE OPENAGE. SIDE EFFECTS MAY INCLUDE YOU REALISING HOW YOU'RE GETTING ****ED BY YOUR GOVERNMENT EVERYDAY.

-AC

finti
strange thats how the voting ballots in Norway are labeled

FeceMan
Smoke more, save our social security.

PVS
ignorance is abound in this thread. messed

hayden's minx
Most people that smoke pot are prone to fabricate 80% of the effects. I think I read that in the times a while back.
If you can't have a good timeor relax without pot, then i pity the boringness of your life.

Alpha Centauri
Such a stupid comment to make.

Don't assume people who smoke pot have no lives.

-AC

moviejunkie23
so PVS explain how pot is good for you

Afro Cheese
It's a good pain reliever.

BackFire
Pot can mellow you out, relax you, and, as Afro said, relieve pain. It can also have a very positive effect on artists, letting their mind flow in ways not otherwise possible.

moviejunkie23
and explain to me why it is ignorant to state there are numerous studies that link mental illness to pot.
And explain why it is ignorant to suggest that taking an illegal substance and putting yourself at risk of being put in jail, or having your pot laced with a stronger more dangerous substance.
Please PVS post some studies that proove how weed is a essential for good brain and lung developement as well as great for your attention span.
I don't need to post any "junk science" the studies i looked up to post. I can testify myself how harmfull it is through my own use and watching friends use it.

Alpha Centauri
But the government of course, don't want that.

They want you to drink beer and shit, the drugs that keep you docile and stupid.

The way they like you.

-AC

moviejunkie23
we are not talking about pot for purposes to control pain, we are talking abotu it being used for recreational purposes. Morphine is good for pain, do you recommend using morphine for recreational purposes?? Of course not.
I am glad i started this post, i had a feeling allot of people would downplay weed as a harmless drug.

Afro Cheese
Don't knock morphine till you've tried it, man.

BackFire
Well, as I said, it also causes relaxation and calming. And it allows artists to do things not otherwise possible.

I don't think anyones saying there are NO negative effects of pot, merely, compared to other legal substances, such as alchohal and tobacco, it's negatives are very very trivial.

moviejunkie23
But the government of course, don't want that.

They want you to drink beer and shit, the drugs that keep you docile and stupid.

The way they like you.

-AC

docile and stupid???????
are you sure those aren't two effects of weed??
Many people will testify when on weed it is common to feel laxidasicle (sorry about the spelling) and its not a urben myth that when you smoke enough weed your speech gets slower and your thought process begins to go at slug pace.
The government WANTS you to drink beer? because it keeps you docile??? since when did a couple of shots of rum make you all nice and cuddly????

Alpha Centauri
docile and stupid???????
are you sure those aren't two effects of weed??
Many people will testify when on weed it is common to feel laxidasicle (sorry about the spelling) and its not a urben myth that when you smoke enough weed your speech gets slower and your thought process begins to go at slug pace.
The government WANTS you to drink beer? because it keeps you docile??? since when did a couple of shots of rum make you all nice and cuddly????

To quote Bill Hicks:

"They tell you that pot makes you unmotivated, LIE! When you're high you can do all the things you would normally do. You just realise it's not worth the f*cking effort."

Scenario: Man at ball game. Violent, drunk, obnoxious, right? Is he drunk or smoking pot? Exactly.

The government use many tools to keep people stupid, beer is one.

-AC

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by BackFire
Well, as I said, it also causes relaxation and calming. And it allows artists to do things not otherwise possible.

I don't think anyones saying there are NO negative effects of pot, merely, compared to other legal substances, such as alchohal and tobacco, it's negatives are very very trivial.

thats were we disagree backfire, i don't think they are THAT trivial. and don't get me wrong either, i am not trying to beat on a pulpit and tell people what to do and what not to do, it just makes me sad there is such a misconception that weed is harmless and thus could easily sucker in a group of people thinking nothing bad of it and end up like total pot heads.
It is actually quite funny, i was listening to the radio the otehr day and a talk show host was talking about the negative effects of weed, and these pot heads would call up and ....they....were.....so.....ssllllooooowwwwww. It took them like 10 seconds to say a word and their points were fragmented and simplistic. It was really sad. They sounded like they ahd a labodomy done on their brains.
I don't want people to think they are above those effects when they meddle with weed.

BackFire
I meant the negatives of pot in comparison to the negatives of Tobacco and alchohal are trivial.

Alpha Centauri
Weed hasn't killed anyone.

It's helped many people.

How much more harmless do you wanna get?

-AC

moviejunkie23
To quote Bill Hicks:

"They tell you that pot makes you unmotivated, LIE! When you're high you can do all the things you would normally do. You just realise it's not worth the f*cking effort."

Scenario: Man at ball game. Violent, drunk, obnoxious, right? Is he drunk or smoking pot? Exactly.

The government use many tools to keep people stupid, beer is one.

-AC

so the government uses beer to control the populace and keep them like sheep in a herd eh? Give me an example of this.

moviejunkie23
Weed hasn't killed anyone.

It's helped many people.

How much more harmless do you wanna get?

-AC

i am not trying to be insulting, but i have a feeling you are a great candidate for a avid pot smoker. Your points seem simple and not well thought out, your very vauge and make broad statements without anything to give it any backbone.
You smoke pot don't you?

BackFire
Simple points are often the best.

Pot isn't deadly. A very relevent point considering their are legal substances that ARE deadly.

moviejunkie23
i agree that cigs and booze is not good and has bad effects, backfire, i am merley stating for some reason weed is given a pass, when say cigs and booze everyone knows is harmfull

moviejunkie23
drinking piss isn't deadly, would you like an extra tall glass?

BackFire
Because the harmful effects of cigarettes and alchohal are factual, where as most of the more serious harmful effects of weed (such as mental illness) are still more or less theories, and also very newly discovered.

moviejunkie23
no i agree a simple point can be a good point, but i am getting this gut feeling AC has too much THC stuck onto his brainstem laughing

moviejunkie23
backfire, coomon man, you have a head on your shoulders, you must have seen in your own life weed being a destructive force in someones life. Be honest here, think about it
Because as for me i have seen countless occorances

BackFire
No, I haven't.

I know many people who do weed, and all fo them are perfectly normal and heading towards a successful life.

Now, like I said, I know weed does have some negative effects, point is is CAN also have positive effects as well, and in my mind the positive effects outweigh the negative effects of pot.

Alpha Centauri
I've never ever smoke pot in my life. I've never smoked in my life.

So why do I defend pot smokers? Coz pot isn't harmful, at all.

I lost people to lung cancer through cigarette smoking. Had they smoke weed, they'd be here. Weed grows naturally upon our planet, it's illegal. Tobacco is legal and governments cash in on it while people die. It's pathetic.

Pot doesn't kill, proof? It hasn't killed. There you go. It's not harmful.

As for the beer thing, look at America. The evidence is staring you in the face. Beer kills brain cells.

-AC

Draco69
Yep. I was right. Pot does cause a large amount of controversy.

moviejunkie23
lets ask a question here. its a hypothetical
If you were studying for a big test and you wanted to retain as much information as possible. Your life depends on this test. Now you have awile to study for this test to retain the information. Now, knowing full well your life may depend on this test, would you choose to smoke weed continually while studying for the test and while taking it

ragesRemorse
Random article with fake information? roll eyes (sarcastic) Riiight. It is all fake information, one big scam by doctors, scientists and researchers all around right Slipknot? Lol whatever makes you sleep better at night.

Well, to slipknots benefit, Pot is often exaggerated upon. Of course no drug is good for you aside from Acid. Marijuana is so bad, because it is illegal. The physical and psychological effects Marijuana has on the body are less than that of alcohol. I'm not trying to say Pot should be anymore accepted than alcohol, but it shows you the rationale the system has. Just like alcohol, pot is Just as addictive to impressionable minds, but no more than alcohol. As for being a gateway drug...Bullshit, it is Just the most common and accessible.

Pot blocks receptors in your brain from receiving certain signals. The bad thing is, after you quit smoking pot, the effects usually don't fully set in, for a few months down the road, and can last a year.

moviejunkie23
If you were studying for a big test and you wanted to retain as much information as possible. Your life depends on this test. Now you have awile to study for this test to retain the information. Now, knowing full well your life may depend on this test, would you choose to smoke weed continually while studying for the test and while taking it

would anybody like to answer the question?

ragesRemorse
What does that question have to do with anything? Most of the people who use pot, use it recreationally (free time), not when they are doing important tasks that require focus. Just like every other recreational activity.

PVS
people who know nothing at all about pot love to play 'expert' and describe its 'deadly' effect, armed with all the misinformation drilled into their heads in ther junior high school d.a.r.e. meetings.

and moviejunkie, i never said it was GOOD for you. please, dont put words in my mouth. it helps nothing and proves nothing erm

finti
because that would be the same as saying that there are numerous studies that link being born with that of mental illness

PVS
would anybody like to answer the question?

i was strait edge through high school and squeaked by with a 2.3 g.p.a.
in college i was stoned most of the time and graduated with a 3.4.

this is not bullshit.

my point? did pot help? i dont think at all. but it certainly didnt hurt. when it came time for exams i laid off the bong and hit the books. failure to prioritise is not a result of a weed, but of the irresponsability of the individual. you dont need pot for that.

Alpha Centauri

What in the hell?

Why do you take weed and put it into a completely one sided hypothetical?

Of course I wouldn't. Because I don't smoke weed. Would I take a substance? No. Because while they are harmless and do great things for your mind, they are substances in which case you should just sit back and enjoy it. When doing work, I don't like to sit back and enjoy.

Pointless hypothetical.

It's like saying reading books are bad, would you read while driving?

-AC

finti
to get it simple, whats not bad for you, it is your choice if you wanna use pot or not so whats the hassle..........all you have to do is say no

PVS
Originally posted by finti
to get it simple, whats not bad for you, it is your choice if you wanna use pot or not so whats the hassle..........all you have to do is say no

well apparently many people here would love to say 'no' for us, as they crack open a budweiser and toast to the death of the 'devil weed'

PVS
It's like saying reading books are bad, would you read while driving?

ridiculous sounding....but the exact same logic that some of these people put into their arguements.

Alpha Centauri
It's true though. It's like the above hypothetical.

Weed is bad, to prove it, I'll place it into a situation in which, if used, weed will look bad.

-AC

finti
thing is if I smoke a reefer it is my choice its not like me doing it would have an effect on other peoples life , so to those who dont like it or approve stick your noses back to where it belong before it ends up sombodys ass crack

PVS
Originally posted by finti
thing is if I smoke a reefer it is my choice its not like me doing it would have an effect on other peoples life , so to those who dont like it or approve stick your noses back to where it belong before it ends up sombodys ass crack

YOU'RE POISONING YOUR BODY WITH THAT SHIT!!!!

*takes shot of tequilla*

HOW DARE YOU DO DRUGS

*chugs from beer bong*

YOU'RE JUST GONNA END UP RETARDED!!!!!

*beats wife and kids*

finti
so all off a sudden I am POTUS

PVS
well, bush chose alcohol and cocaine...and behold the effects

moviejunkie23
do you gusy realise that there are allot of teenagers that read these posts. They will read what you have to say and say, see there is really no harm in smoking weed, just like what finti, AC, PVS and Backfire said. How do you know weed isn't going to be the first step for harder drugs for them. How do you know they may be one of the people to experience difficulties because of the drug. But remember they were told by people that pot was harmless, pot was a safe drug. And its obvios there are not a shortage of people that are saying it here. People should know the risks before they do something. You all are making seem as innocent as watching a movie. Its a mind altering drug that is very potent. I for instance suffered severe paranoia when i smoked, some people are like that. Now shoudn't people be aware of the risk of that happening. I have had friends addicted to weed as well so please say its not addicting, you think you should be condoning a drug that could land someone in jail and prevent proper brain growth and cause problems in life as OK?

PVS
yes, blame a plant. it embeds subliminal messages into an otherwise normal brain which say 'hey....why not have a bit of heroine? a line of coke perhaps?' what a load of horseshit.

moviejunkie23
Just because you don't have a problem with the drug doesn't mean other people have not. And saying that weed is fine because weed is FINE FOR YOU gives people the impression its fine period. Facts is it has been very harmfull for many people and it doesn't help much when people tell them before they started smoking how harmless it was

Alpha Centauri
How do you know weed isn't going to be the first step for harder drugs for them.

Does drinking alcohol lead to taking smack? Does smoking lead to popping X? No. Don't try that 'Taking one illegal drug leads to the rest' BS.

If there are any teens reading this, don't dive into drugs unprepared or unresearched. Be responsible or suffer for your actions, don't **** it up for everyone.

Take mushrooms.

-AC

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by PVS
yes, blame a plant. it embeds subliminal messages into an otherwise normal brain which say 'hey....why not have a bit of heroine? a line of coke perhaps?' what a load of horseshit.

You are telling me that it is not uncommon for most people that do harder drugs that they started off with weed? there are many people that needed something more potent after weed for awile so they moved on to something more potent. Its a gate way drug, don't play denial

Alpha Centauri
Why are you insisting weed leads to harder drugs?

My Dad drinks, my Mum smokes.

They're not gonna become crackheads anytime soon.

Stop being silly.

-AC

moviejunkie23
Does drinking alcohol lead to taking smack? Does smoking lead to popping X? No. Don't try that 'Taking one illegal drug leads to the rest' BS.

If there are any teens reading this, don't dive into drugs unprepared or unresearched. Be responsible or suffer for your actions, don't **** it up for everyone.

Take mushrooms.

-AC

Then don't drink, i don't. But everyone is aware of the harmfull effects of booze. It seems the denial is taking place not with crack , herione, booze, its taking place with weed.
and AC might i ask why you don't smoke?

PVS
i never said it was 'fine' or 'good' or 'healthy' like you love to pin on me. weak dude.

i said its not deadly, it wont cause brain damage. its NOT addictive, but rather habit forming. there is nothing addictive about it.

as far as your grandstanding guilt trip, more weakness erm
only one anti-pot member of this KMC community has my respect. his name is draco and he doesnt drink and feels alcohol and cigarettes should be banned. i dont agree with him, but at least he's not a narrow minded hypocrite. that i respect.

Afro Cheese
do you gusy realise that there are allot of teenagers that read these posts. Maybe if more teenagers would get high, they wouldn't go shooting each other every time one of them gets a wedgie on the playground.

PVS
this thread is bullshit anyway. just ignorant people who like to play 'expert' and the rest try to talk sense into them. but any arguement is just met with repeated tired disproven dogma. its so lame and boring erm

Alpha Centauri
Then don't drink, i don't. But everyone is aware of the harmfull effects of booze. It seems the denial is taking place not with crack , herione, booze, its taking place with weed.
and AC might i ask why you don't smoke?

Because booze kills, tobacco kills. Weed doesn't.

Weed DOESN'T KILL, it HASN'T killed. It HAS positive effects. It's as harmless as you will get. The "harms" if you can even call them such, are not even worth mentioning. They're so minute.

I don't smoke because I don't like the idea of smoking anything. I personally choose not to.

-AC

moviejunkie23
i have shown you nothing but respect.
i have not insulted you and called you "narrow minded" or a "hypocrite" even though i don't agree with you PVS
I don't know why your so angry with me. I have to ask myself maybe your feeling a bit offensive because you have smoked a few times?
I am stead fast in my belief because i have seen it in people around me and its not to hard to see the effects on allot of people. It means something to me because i don't want people to be duped into something that could potentially be harmfull to them.

PVS
You are telling me that it is not uncommon for most people that do harder drugs that they started off with weed? there are many people that needed something more potent after weed for awile so they moved on to something more potent. Its a gate way drug, don't play denial

i dont play anything.
you are playing expert and demonising people who smoke pot.
that means i, and many take it personal. wtf right do you have to judge what you dont know? you dont know shit about this pal. so save your stories of some friend of a friend who got addicted to pot and biting his nails because its weak and irrelevant.

i had a friend who couldnt spend a minute without being stoned, or f**ed up in some way. the weed didnt cause it, but his own unhappiness. he started out by doing nitrous oxide hits from whip cream and butane cans. any drug is a 'gateway drug' including alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, antihistamines, model glue, ANYTHING that gets you f***ed up. use some goddamn logic man!!!!!!!!!!

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by PVS
i dont play anything.
you are playing expert and demonising people who smoke pot.
that means i, and many take it personal. wtf right do you have to judge what you dont know? you dont know shit about this pal. so save your stories of some friend of a friend who got addicted to pot and biting his nails because its weak and irrelevant.

i had a friend who couldnt spend a minute without being stoned, or f**ed up in some way. the weed didnt cause it, but his own unhappiness. he started out by doing nitrous oxide hits from whip cream and butane cans. any drug is a 'gateway drug' including alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, antihistamines, model glue, ANYTHING that gets you f***ed up. use some goddamn logic man!!!!!!!!!!

well maybe i was weak and irrelevant then when i smoked weed. because i did for about 3 years, and towards the end of it i had panic attacks and paranoia. At one point i thought my friend was a undercover cop. It was not fun. Sure i am weak minded whatever. But is it possible lots of weak minded people like me may take the line your giving them and begin to smoke pot because they were told it was harmless??? that isn't fair to them, they should know the potential of what they are getting into

PVS
thats means its not right for YOU

some people react violently with alcohol, MANY people turn into monsters when they drink. murderers, rapists, wife beaters, drunk drivers, assault, robbery, vandalism everyday EVERYWHERE. so should i be forbidden from having a beer?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>