Quick Question: A New Hope

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eXSBass
Hello

What's that song played by the Max Rebo gang in A New Hope, when Luke and Obi go into the cantina?

Cheers, and if anyone is kind enough to share it i'll be most grateful. Just shout us a PM or a link on this page.

Thanks alot.

yerssot
I don't think it has any official name... just cantina band or something messed

Morridini
Was Max Rebo in ANH?
And the Cantina band is played by some Bith or something.

yerssot
Max Rebo... Bith... it's all the same stick out tongue

TheElectricFox
Max rebo was the fat blue elephant dude from ROTJ, the song is simply titled "Catina Band I&II" appearing on the soundtracks. The band had no name but i think in EU they had one??

mossman
The Bith band seen in the Cantina in ANH is Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes .
Within the SW universe, the first track we see them performing is called Mad About Me. Not sure what the second one is called.
In the real world, the recordings be found on the ANH soundtrack special edition and are simply titled Cantina #1 and Cantina #2.

Max Rebo and the Rebo Band were Jabba the Hutt's house band in ROTJ.
In the original version of the film, Max, Sy Snootles and Droopy McCool performed the wonderful Lapti Nek and a further instrumental which accompanied Chewbacca's incarceration and was also heard briefly as the Sail Barge heads out for the Dune Sea.
For the Special Edition of ROTJ in 1997, the band had been padded out with CGI clowns such as Joh Yowza (a Yuzzum who was actually already in the scene as a puppet, creating a massive continuity blunder in that Joh can be seen bopping away briefly by the Palace entrance stairwell to his own performance) and Lapti Nek was replaced by the awful Jedi Rocks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.