Darth Vader vs. Spider-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Good battle, I think.

who?-kid
Yes a very good. A short one too wink.

Draco69
????

So who wins? erm

who?-kid
The guy without a lightsaber, oh crap, I forgot his name...

Draco69
Jango Fett? Han Solo? Chewbacca? Don't leave me in suspense! wink

who?-kid
No it was C3PO. That droid has a mean right hook.

Draco69
More of a bitchslap really.

skizo
Darth vader is cooler he wins yippeeeee

FieryBalrog
darth vaders pinky can beat spiderman

StrawNilla
The only way Darth Vader wins is through his TK. Without that he's out of it.

colossus17
the guy has asthma....spiderman is one of the most agile characters in marvel....how is a guy with asthma dressed in a black plastic box.....gonna get him.....

Draco69
Force-choke. He once choked a guy lightyears away.

juggernaut74
Lord Vader.

He is just too damm evil.

Wickerman
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Lord Vader.

He is just too damm evil.

-_-

ahem....yes, i'd say the Force Choke would pretty much put Spiderman out of the game. Pretty much nothing Spiderman can do can't be countered by the force.

~wickerman~

Beyonder
Spiderman. Yeah Vader can take him out with a force choke, but Spidey is faster and can probably knock Vader out in one blow to the head. Vader's fast, but Peter'll dodge his lightsaber and clock him. Vader ain't as fast or more deadly than Doc Ock's tenticle, Lizard, Scorpion, Venom, or Carnage.

If Vader pulls out Force choke right off the bat, Spidey right off the bat can web his face and yank his head off. Force choke isn't an instant kill; Spidey's spider sense is more than capable of warning him.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Beyonder
Spiderman. Yeah Vader can take him out with a force choke, but Spidey is faster and can probably knock Vader out in one blow to the head. Vader's fast, but Peter'll dodge his lightsaber and clock him. Vader ain't as fast or more deadly than Doc Ock's tenticle, Lizard, Scorpion, Venom, or Carnage.

If Vader pulls out Force choke right off the bat, Spidey right off the bat can web his face and yank his head off. Force choke isn't an instant kill; Spidey's spider sense is more than capable of warning him.

do you have any idea of how the force works? JJedi have precognition through the force. They can sense where attacks are coming from and where their opponents are gonna move. For chrissakes, they dont just dodge bullets. They deflect them with their lightsaber, and a good jedi is impenetrable practically. Spidey is never gonna touch Vader. Ever heard of Force Push? Its basically telekinesis. Force Pull. Force Lightning. They can imbue themselves with supernatural speed through the force.

Darth Trinew
Have you,Draco, not know that Vader can choke someone far away

Draco69
???? Huh?

Cosmic Cube
He said, Have you not know that Vader can choke someone far away.

Get it?

Darth Trinew
thanks for the translation. Anywyas, Spidey cant defend a psionic choke.

Draco69
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube

Get it?

Ah. Bad grammer, he has.

Spidey's speed may pose a threat.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube

Get it?

oh.

answer's 42.

Ketchuptome
Darth Vader would win. All he got to do is force gravity, force choke or/and force push and pull. big grin

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Draco69
Ah. Bad grammer, he has.

Spidey's speed may pose a threat.

You got it! He was imitating Yoda. You're a sharp one. wink

Darth_Janus
Spider Man has danger sense and flexibility. Darth Vader can choke his non-Force using ass into submission from at least sighting distance. Spider Man can't be faster than the Force itself.

Beyonder
Um yeah okay if he can anticipate someone's attack, why the hell didn't he anticipate Han blasting the hell out of his cruiser during A New Hope?

Anticipating? When? Some raises the gun and pulls the trigger, and raises his hand and blocks. Quick reaction or a sense sort of like spider sense.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Beyonder
Um yeah okay if he can anticipate someone's attack, why the hell didn't he anticipate Han blasting the hell out of his cruiser during A New Hope?

You're following an x-wing that's about to f**k the whole orbital station. You notice the guy inside it has a LOT of potential for becoming a jedi. You also notice something strange about him...he "might" be your son. You're concentrating. Han Solo shoots at you wink that's how.

But seriously now, Darth would pretty much own the guy from the first seconds of battle. As for the speed, how's that gonna help Spidey when he's in the air being choked? As for the webbing, Vader can simply force it away. Bye bye Spiderman.

~wickerman~

jinzin
seriously.....just for a comparative example watch the clone wars.....look at how mace windu handles...I mean HANDLES....that entire android army with his use of the force.....consider vador's ability to use it BETTER.....consider vador's better fighting ability..........mind tricks....etc etc......if you friggin spidey fans still think the wall crawler has a chance because he can shoot webs.....you're out of your damned minds....and this settles it....

Wickerman
Originally posted by jinzin
seriously.....just for a comparative example watch the clone wars.....look at how mace windu handles...I mean HANDLES....that entire android army with his use of the force.....consider vador's ability to use it BETTER.....consider vador's better fighting ability..........mind tricks....etc etc......if you friggin spidey fans still think the wall crawler has a chance because he can shoot webs.....you're out of your damned minds....and this settles it....

Jinzin, you can wrestle me anytime wink (we call it greco-roman fighting here). You're saying what i wanted to say but more intelligently. Thanks thumb up

~wickerman~

Xplosive
Darht Vader wins.

jinzin
lol...no problem.....never done greco-roman (isn't that primarily upper body?).....mainly just collegiate...

Wickerman
lol...no problem.....never done greco-roman (isn't that primarily upper body?).....mainly just collegiate...

Yep, basically upper body. Like a primitive Judo but without the legs so much. More headlocks, etc.

~wickerman~

jinzin
hmm. ok. I should probably check that out....I suck with my legs anyways... well in wrestling anyways....martial arts is another story altogether......anyways......where the hell did that come from? laughing out loud

oh yeah...and vader still kick's spidey's ass......he doesn't even need the force.....just a big vat of bug-spray.....in fact that's how spiderman's losing all his battles on here from now on......

who?-kid
With the Force : probably Darth Vader, but I am not entirely convinced.

Without the Force : don't make me laugh. An old guy in a life support system with a sword against Spider-Man big grin.

jinzin
lol...without force? ......yet everytime we take the webs away from spiderman we have to hear you guys cry about THAT. lol....but even without it.....vadors a top level warrior class......among countless star systems.....spiderman's been stalemated by mere humans.....
BUT WITH IT?????? are you kidding????? laughing out loud

dude unless you think spiderman can take on an emperial droid army....leterally thousands of them and win much less survive.......you've gotta ****ing be kidding.....

who?-kid
Okay, how is Darth Vader gonna beat Spider-Man without the Force ? I really wouldn't know it. Darth Vader has a WEAKNESS hanging all over his body (his suit).

A few good punches (if that) and that suit of him is in 1000 pieces.

jinzin
one slice of lightsaber and peter's through....he's not dependent on the entire suit for survival....just mobility...but even then...one clean swipe...it's all over...

who?-kid
One clean swipe... you do realize that 90 % of Spider-Man's enemies - who he has been fighting for years now, countless fights - only need ONE good shot/punch/swipe/stab...

If everything was so simple wink.

jinzin
yes i do....BUT a TON of those enemies has never had any formal training.......if vadors a top ranking warrior class in a universal system of comparison....what does that tell you?

Wickerman
The "without the force" thing is ridiculous. And it's not like taking Spiderman's webbing. it's like taking his superstrength/speed/agility. Darth Vader without the force but with a light saber vs. Spiderman only with webbing and a red and blue outfit stick out tongue
Or, if you don't like that, Darth vader without the light saber vs. Spiderman without his webbing. And Vader wins in both instances.

~wickerman~

jinzin
really though wickerman it's all the delusional spiderman fanboys have to cling onto when he's hoplessly outmatched....taking away his opponents powers.....then they can keep their spidey wet dreams alive and well....

Wickerman
spidey wet dreams

laughing This one's gonna keep me laughing all day long.

~wickerman~

MERCILOUS
I think someone was assumming that a light sabre in Vader's hands couldn't stop webbing for some reason.

Wickerman
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
I think someone was assumming that a light sabre in Vader's hands couldn't stop webbing for some reason.

who would even care Merc? when he just force it right back on Spidey?
defeated by his own webbing O_o

~wickerman~

who?-kid
yes i do....BUT a TON of those enemies has never had any formal training.......if vadors a top ranking warrior class in a universal system of comparison....what does that tell you?
Top ranking lol. If you would compare him to some Marvel/DC-characters, he wouldn't even make it in the top 50 list of best fighters.

A sharp knife and some telekinesis/mind-tricks. You need more than that to defeat Spider-Man.

(Let the Star Wars fanboys begin the bashing !).

juggernaut74
It dont take a SW fanboy to realize that Vader would murder Spiderman.

who?-kid
Yeah, like he "murdered" Fett in the comics lol. One would think he would have NO problem whatsoever with a bounty hunter...

(Now someone is going to say I don't know what I am talking about, that Fett is THE bounty hunter, feared in all the galaxy, that Darth Vader was only playing with him, that the Force was on strike that day...)

juggernaut74
Well I dont read SW comics.

I go by the movies.

Wickerman
Originally posted by who?-kid
Top ranking lol. If you would compare him to some Marvel/DC-characters, he wouldn't even make it in the top 50 list of best fighters.

A sharp knife and some telekinesis/mind-tricks. You need more than that to defeat Spider-Man.

(Let the Star Wars fanboys begin the bashing !).

Yes, up against pretty much any telepath or telekinetic with a lot of power, he'd be beaten. Also, some of the big names in DC and Marvel could take him down. Spiderman however couldn't. This has been proved in this thread, but if you don't want to believe us, don't.
Until you come up with an explanation as to WHY Spiderman wouldn't lose, or at least present a battle scenario, your points won't be considered.

~wickerman~

juggernaut74
Vader could take away his agility and stabilize him with the force and then proceed to choke him or crush his balls.

who?-kid
Well I dont read SW comics.

I go by the movies.
If you go by the movies, than Darth Vader is as good as dead. In the comics he was - at least my impression - much more powerful.

In the movies, he walks around looking tough and impressive, but he doesn't do that much, if you think about it.

juggernaut74

In the movies, he walks around looking tough and impressive, but he doesn't do that much, if you think about it. Thats casue he dont have too.

Everybody in the Galaxy is afraid of Vader.

Wickerman
Thats casue he dont have too.

Everybody in the Galaxy is afraid of Vader.

You're wasting your breath. unless i see a valid acceptable battle scenario in which vader loses, it's pretty clear what the outcome is.

~wickerman~

who?-kid
Thats casue he dont have too.
Sorry, that's not good enough.

To be honest, if we go by the Vader of the movies, I think even Zorro could take him. What are the most important things he does ? Well, he fights with an old man (who lets himself be killed), he fights a young, unexperienced "Jedi" and he fights this Jedi a second time (he loses).

Wow, he sure has got what it takes to beat Spider-Man.

Wickerman
Sorry, that's not good enough.

To be honest, if we go by the Vader of the movies, I think even Zorro could take him. What are the most important things he does ? Well, he fights with an old man (who lets himself be killed), he fights a young, unexperienced "Jedi" and he fights this Jedi a second time (he loses).

Wow, he sure has got what it takes to beat Spider-Man.

"Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman."

Also, don;t say "Vader can;t beat Spiderman cause he doesn't have what it takes". Think of a battle scenario and post it, thereby showing us all the error of our ways. show us how allmighty Spidey wins this.

~wickerman~

who?-kid
Originally posted by Wickerman
"Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman."

Could you please specify what exactly in Star Wars was PIS ?

Wickerman
Could you please specify what exactly in Star Wars was PIS ?

His battle with Obi Wan

~wickerman~

MERCILOUS
Dude, Episode 4 was a budget film, the sword fights took second priority to the space combat. Vader is fully capable of fighting like any of the jedis in episode 2 except better.

juggernaut74
Well perhaps we can see Vader in action on Thursday. Happy Dance

who?-kid
His battle with Obi Wan

~wickerman~
If you say so lol... big grin

I just saw an old man in a life support system talking tough and trying to kill an even older man.

The second time he fought (Empire strikes back), he has trouble with a young unexperienced "Jedi" (No no, you don't get it, he was playing with him, he didn't want to hurt him - forget the hand lol - he was going easy on him !"wink

The third time, he was beaten.

Again, will someone convince me how movie Darth Vader would stand a chance against SM ?

MERCILOUS
Nah, Anakin is but a potion of Vader's greatness. You should probably multiply what you see by 2 and then it might give you an idea of what vader's suppose to look like in a fight.

juggernaut74

Again, will someone convince me how movie Darth Vader would stand a chance against SM ? Vader could take away his agility and stabilize him with the force and then proceed to choke him or crush his balls.

Wickerman
Again, will someone convince me how movie Darth Vader would stand a chance against SM ?

We already have. You're either blind or cannot counter our idea. Now....we've given you battle strategies. Now YOU tell us how SM would beat Vader, otherwise your point that "Spiderman can't be defeated by an old man in a plastic suit" is moot.

~wickerman~

who?-kid
We already have. You're either blind or cannot counter our idea. Now....we've given you battle strategies.
Hm, well you gave "something", but I wouldn't call it battle strategies.

How about a good punch ? Has Darth Vader ever been hit by someone who can lift 10 (these days 15) tons ? Can his life support system take that kind of damage ? Maybe barely... Can HE take it ? I seriously doubt it.

It's only plastic ? Lol, the more I read here, the more chance SM has of winning.

MERCILOUS

Hm, well you gave "something", but I wouldn't call it battle strategies.

How about a good punch ? Has Darth Vader ever been hit by someone who can lift 10 (these days 15) tons ? Can his life support system take that kind of damage ? Maybe barely... Can HE take it ? I seriously doubt it.

It's only plastic ? Lol, the more I read here, the more chance SM has of winning.

still no battle strategies? how many times do these guys have to ask you? And now you resort to jokes...

tsk...tsk...

who?-kid
I already gave one : a good punch. Can't you read ?

You can say what you want, but Vader won't know the difference between a Sith and a cow when SM hits him with all his power.

Since when has Spider-Man trouble hitting someone ? And some web in Darth Vaders eyes won't hurt either wink. By the time he has removed it, SM has thrown him through a brick wall.

DarkCrawler
Yeah, Spider-Man wins.

MERCILOUS
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

So the force doesn't matter? Can spidey actually get by the force in any way shape or form?

Wickerman
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

So the force doesn't matter? Can spidey actually get by the force in any way shape or form?

Now now mercilous, i think it's time we conceeded. I've been proven wrong. Spiderman punches out Vader and wins. Let's let this die since you can see it's useless hmmm? All the logic here has died a long time ago and all dreams of battle strategies with it.

~wickerman~

MERCILOUS
That sounds like a fine idea Wickerman.

who?-kid
Now now mercilous, i think it's time we conceeded. I've been proven wrong. Spiderman punches out Vader and wins. Let's let this die since you can see it's useless hmmm? All the logic here has died a long time ago and all dreams of battle strategies with it.
Logic ? An old man with low level telepathic abilities, some telekinesis and a sword will beat Spider-Man ? Well sure lol, if you say so big grin

Fact remains DV can not take a powerpunch of Spider-Man. But hey, it's okay to ignore this little detail wink.

whobdamandog
Logic ? An old man with low level telepathic abilities, some telekinesis and a sword will beat Spider-Man ?

You forgot to mention the cybernetic arm..theres no way a "superhuman" punch will be able to injure someone with "human" level durability and a cybernetic arm...laughing laughing

Draco69
Good Lord. Didn't think this thread would be THAT popular

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Draco69
Good Lord. Didn't think this thread would be THAT popular

With the new movie comming out in the next week or so all the Starboys(Starwars fanboys) are getting they're gear ready and surfing the net to brush up on their knowledge. Come on now man...you should know that...big grin

who?-kid
Originally posted by whobdamandog
You forgot to mention the cybernetic arm..theres no way a "superhuman" punch will be able to injure someone with "human" level durability and a cybernetic arm...laughing laughing
Oh yeah, I forgot about that adamantium crushing arm... damn, Spidey will have lots of trouble with that arm...could it be that... I was wrong ? Does Vader have a chance after all ?

DarkCrawler
Spider-Man could rip that arm away and beat Vader to death with it. laughing out loud

who?-kid
But... but... Vader has The Force !!

Next Venom_girl
Man, I love Spidey but I could see how this goes.
Spidey: "Hey what's with the bucket head--- ACK!"
Vader: Asthmatic breathing then *crushes throat w/ force powers*

who?-kid
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
Man, I love Spidey but I could see how this goes.
Spidey: "Hey what's with the bucket head--- ACK!"
Vader: Asthmatic breathing then *crushes throat w/ force powers*
Yeah, that is indeed a plausible scenario. Here's another one:

Spidey : Hey, what's with the bucket head ?
Vader : How dare you to (a quick webline from Spider-Man, a quick yank and Vader has developed a new ability : flying through a wall)

Duration of the fight : 1,5 seconds.

The MISTER
Darth Vader is on such a high level of power and skill that spider-man and many who would easily beat Spidey would fall to his evil manipulation of the force. No movie has yet captured how powerful this guy really is. If you've seen Yoda fight in the second prequel then imagine a larger more powerful evil version and that would be a good description. Insanely Badass

jinzin
"To be honest, if we go by the Vader of the movies, I think even Zorro could take him"

if you honestly believe that......good luck on gaining back your validity.....

jinzin
damn....even mister can admit to it....

whobdamandog
I've watched the original Star wars Trilogy..and parts of the first two episodes of the new Trilogy. (I couldn't bare watching the entire movies for Episodes I and II, they were waay to bad IMO) So far from What I've seen of the Jedi's..I'm not too impressed. I've heard that they are portrayed as much more powerful in the books however. Maybe that's the Vader Draco was referring to when originally posting this topic.

jinzin
watch the clone wars....you will be

FieryBalrog
Yeah, that is indeed a plausible scenario. Here's another one:

Spidey : Hey, what's with the bucket head ?
Vader : How dare you to (a quick webline from Spider-Man, a quick yank and Vader has developed a new ability : flying through a wall)

Duration of the fight : 1,5 seconds.

yea, that makes sense. A jedi who can deflect multiple phaser bolts with a lightsaber continuously will have trouble with a piece of c-grade webbing laughing

vader just an old man in a suit? Whats spidey but a young nerd in an uglier outfit?

jinzin
thank you balrog....your sensical logic...is most appreciated...

Ketchuptome

Are you saying Wolv, Daredevil, FF and others never had training blink
Not to mention villians.

jinzin
one I was thinking of badguys....two wolverine has tagged spidey on all three occasions they've actually fought...three the FF never want to hurt spidey in their confrontations...while he has something to prove...and four daredevil (unless it's a pressure point or extremely timed/well placed shot) isn't taking down SM in one blow.....horrible examples sorry man....but.....horrible...

The MISTER
If this thread continues much longer it will give spidey fans a bad rep. Please believe me on this. The hulk would be decapitated by a force thrown lightsaber. Spidey would dodge, at the most ONE attack. The old movies do a worse job of depicting Vaders abilities than Spidey's saturday cartoon.

jinzin
"If this thread continues much longer it will give spidey fans a bad rep"

cause they have such a good one already....

who?-kid
Originally posted by whobdamandog
I've watched the original Star wars Trilogy..and parts of the first two episodes of the new Trilogy. (I couldn't bare watching the entire movies for Episodes I and II, they were waay to bad IMO) So far from What I've seen of the Jedi's..I'm not too impressed. I've heard that they are portrayed as much more powerful in the books however.
Exactly. That what I have been saying all the time.

Movie Jedi/Sith/Darth Vader/Whatever : not in the same league than your average Marvel character. This is not up for debate, because I haven't seen ONE thing that made me think :Wow, Spider-Man better watch out, no way he can beat those Force-users !

If I had noticed something, I would admit it.

Now the SW-books/cartoons/comics, that's another story. It's true that the SW-characters are indeed more powerful than their movie-equivalents.

The MISTER
"If this thread continues much longer it will give spidey fans a bad rep"

cause they have such a good one already.... laughing

The MISTER
Exactly. That what I have been saying all the time.

Movie Jedi/Sith/Darth Vader/Whatever : not in the same league than your average Marvel character. This is not up for debate, because I haven't seen ONE thing that made me think :Wow, Spider-Man better watch out, no way he can beat those Force-users !

If I had noticed something, I would admit it.

Now the SW-books/cartoons/comics, that's another story. It's true that the SW-characters are indeed more powerful than their movie-equivalents. wink

bertran
This thread is ridiculous!! I've read every post in it , and there must be 5 or 6 instances of posters accusing anyone who thinks SM would win of being a Spidey fanboy. Holy, Pot calling the kettle black, Batman!!
I've only been checking this site out for a couple months but in that time I've yet to see a better example of the very definition of fanboy than the Vader-fanboys from this thread!
My God, do you Vader-lovers even bother to read over your post before posting it? Fanboy isn't even a strong enuff term for you. I'm thinking more like Vader-worshippers, or Vader-lapdogs, take your pick.
All the Vader lovers are saying that Vader would use the force to paralyze SM, or that he would force-choke Spidey.
That is nuts....first off, if Vader can paralyze his opponents why didn't he immobilize Luke in Empire?
And perhaps he could force-choke Spidey, but it would not be instantaneous, in fact it would take a hell of a long time to put Spidey down in tha manner. In that time, Spidey would have hit Vader so hard and so often, that Jar Jar Binks would feel it.
And don't start with the crap that Spidey couldn't hit Vader. That is bunk! Do you seriously think Spidey couldn't get around that light saber?!?!
Man, this thread is one of the crazier ones I've seen.....

The MISTER
Originally posted by bertran
This thread is ridiculous!! I've read every post in it , and there must be 5 or 6 instances of posters accusing anyone who thinks SM would win of being a Spidey fanboy. Holy, Pot calling the kettle black, Batman!!
I've only been checking this site out for a couple months but in that time I've yet to see a better example of the very definition of fanboy than the Vader-fanboys from this thread!
My God, do you Vader-lovers even bother to read over your post before posting it? Fanboy isn't even a strong enuff term for you. I'm thinking more like Vader-worshippers, or Vader-lapdogs, take your pick.
All the Vader lovers are saying that Vader would use the force to paralyze SM, or that he would force-choke Spidey.
That is nuts....first off, if Vader can paralyze his opponents why didn't he immobilize Luke in Empire?
And perhaps he could force-choke Spidey, but it would not be instantaneous, in fact it would take a hell of a long time to put Spidey down in tha manner. In that time, Spidey would have hit Vader so hard and so often, that Jar Jar Binks would feel it.
And don't start with the crap that Spidey couldn't hit Vader. That is bunk! Do you seriously think Spidey couldn't get around that light saber?!?!
Man, this thread is one of the crazier ones I've seen.....

Maybe you're right but I doubt it. To be honest my Star Wars knowledge is choppy at best but I've gathered enough about the Jedis to know that they are the most feared warriors of their UNIVERSE. I'm guessing that would mean that a huge intelligent savage alien with more primal strength and abilities than Spidey would get slaughtered by Yoda and Yodas only real comp would come from another jedi. Have you ever seen a Jedi with a lightsaber get comp from any non-jedi creature? That's all I'm going on here, not some great love for star wars. Just seems logical to me. Sh*t I've never even read a whole Star wars book or comic so does make me a die-hard fanboy? If what you're tring to say is that Spidey would whip the movie version you can't really be sure that Spidey could counter the force like a jedi can and that really wouldn't make sense if he could.

Sorry man I wish Spidey could win but that really wouldn't make much sense sad big grin

who?-kid
Tell me about it.

And the worst thing is, the Darth Vader fanboys are the first to call anybody who disagrees with them, a fanboy who is blind for facts.

Darth Vader is one of the coolest movie villains EVER. I like him as much as the next guy. But saying he beats a stronger, faster guy who is more experienced in fighting powerful opponents than Darth Vader will ever be (ever checked out the villains list of SM ?) with a spider-sense, a web and high durability is bollocks.

Some people really think Darth Vader is lightning fast, all knowing, the best fighter in the galaxy and nigh indestructible.

Think again...

Low level telepathy and some telekinesis aren't enough. And depending on a life system you are wearing all around your body isn't gonna help you either. One blow and Spider-Man crushes it.

The MISTER
Tell me about it.

And the worst thing is, the Darth Vader fanboys are the first to call anybody who disagrees with them, a fanboy who is blind for facts.

Darth Vader is one of the coolest movie villains EVER. I like him as much as the next guy. But saying he beats a stronger, faster guy who is more experienced in fighting powerful opponents than Darth Vader will ever be (ever checked out the villains list of SM ?) with a spider-sense, a web and high durability is bollocks.

Some people really think Darth Vader is lightning fast, all knowing, the best fighter in the galaxy and nigh indestructible.

Think again...

Low level telepathy and some telekinesis aren't enough. And depending on a life system you are wearing all around your body isn't gonna help you either. One blow and Spider-Man crushes it.
I don't know man, I'm definitely not a really big fan of Star Wars but I remember Yoda lifting a spaceship out of the swamp and if Vader has that much control as well how could Spider-man do anything to him?
seriously. smile

bertran
Hey The Mister, you hit upon my point exactly. I admit that I am basing my opinion of Jedis (in particular Vader) solely upon the 5 Star Wars movies. I have never read a Star Wars comic, nor have I read a Star Wars novel.
My point is that the Darth Vader that is portrayed on the big screen would be Spiderman's be-atch. For fun, no doubt about it.
Yes, Yoda lifted the X-wing. But a) that was Yoda, in the movies Vader does nothing of the sort.
b) feats of that magnitude using the force require time and intense concentration, 2 things that would be sadly lacking in any fight v. Spidey.

B

whobdamandog
My point is that the Darth Vader that is portrayed on the big screen would be Spiderman's be-atch. For fun, no doubt about it.

No truer words have been stated in this thread..I think we might as well just end this debate right here.

Quick Freeze
dude, how is this lasting so long
before spider-man even thinks he's getting choked to death

bertran
Thank you whobdamandog!!!
Finally, a voice of reason!

B

jinzin
oy.....okay here's a lesson in jedidom for all you delusional guys that think spiderman being physically stronger and faster in this fight will give him a prayer in beatin vader......

the force makes a jedi the perfect warrior in every aspect... Aside from the fact that the force allows the fighter to sense incoming danger as AND before it happens, is also makes the jedi incredibly precise in aim and execution. with the force jedi's have been able to throw literally hundreds of droids into the air at a whim, lift and move entire gunner ships (litteraly hundreds of tons of weight), they can use the force to crush solid steel in the blink of an eye, as well as manifest it into invisible orbs that can be thrown to act as a pressure cannon. The use of the force can amplfy their speed and agility to superhuman levels, they can even seemingly fly using their levitation manipulation, also their strength/durability seems to be increased as well. using the force, the fighter doesn't even need to see an opponent to anticipate the oncoming attack and counter it, it also helps to pinpoint the volnerable spots open to their attack. the manipulation of the force, increases the fighting ability of the jedi and can also be used in very effective methods of persuasion during jedi mind tricks.....

basically.....spiderman's strength and speed.....while impressive to some certainly won't be impressive to vader......seriously watch clone wars....see what mace windu does to an ENTIRE droid army....multiply his power by about 2 to 3 and then you're looking at about the ballpark of what spiderman's dealing with.....tell me.....why the **** do his spider powers matter at this point?

leonidas
didn't kenobi openly admit that the force gimmicks only work on weak-minded? now i know your penchant for NOT picking spidey in any thread jinzin, but even you can't think spidey is weak-minded? most of the other great force powers require a great deal of concentration - time he wouldn't have. and crushing steel in a blink? not sure about that claim . . .

damn, we do dance around spidey a lot, don't we . . . smile

MERCILOUS
That's only true for the mind tricks.

As for the steel in the blink of an eye thing, it's well within jedi power. Just cause they didn't show it in the movie (a budget film with low tech special effects) doesn't mean it's not true.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by leonidas
didn't kenobi openly admit that the force gimmicks only work on weak-minded? now i know your penchant for NOT picking spidey in any thread jinzin, but even you can't think spidey is weak-minded? most of the other great force powers require a great deal of concentration - time he wouldn't have. and crushing steel in a blink? not sure about that claim . . .

damn, we do dance around spidey a lot, don't we . . . smile

force persuasions only work on the weak minded. Force choke, push, etc have nothing to do with mind.

leonidas
<<Just cause they didn't show it in the movie (a budget film with low tech special effects) doesn't mean it's not true.>>

and just because they don't show spidey beating wolvie to a bloody pulp in a book, doesn't mean IT'S not true . . .

hehheeh

MERCILOUS
The difference here is that vader actually accomplish said feat. Not to mention that the budget is the same in a comic book no matter what happens inside.

Wickerman
<<Just cause they didn't show it in the movie (a budget film with low tech special effects) doesn't mean it's not true.>>

and just because they don't show spidey beating wolvie to a bloody pulp in a book, doesn't mean IT'S not true . . .

hehheeh

You're just being extremely silly right now. They didn't show Superman sneeze a galaxy in the movies did he? But he did in the comic books. They didn't show Wolverine put a claw in Sabertooth's brain in the movie did they? But they did in the comic book. Etc. etc. etc. This whole Vader vs. Spiderman thing is getting out of control. This should've ended from page one, but some people just don't want to accept that their super-incredi-hero would be able to lose to a guy in a black outfit with a bucket for a hat. For God's sake people, spiderman would lose...you are in what is called DENIAL

Now, i've seen ASBOLUTELY no battle scenario on behalf of the Spidey fans. All i've seen were "Duh, dey be stupeed SW fans duh, dey no be knowing Spidey za best duh" not in those words, but that's the impression anyone gets. This forum is for logical INTELLIGENT debating. Not teenage fanboys with crushes on guys in spandex.

If you have no knowledge of the characters this debate is about, then don't post. I'm sure you know a lot bout Spiderman, but unfortunately if you're guiding your responses about Vader solely on the movies, then my friends, you're waaaaay wrong.

Also, calling the dude an old guy with a toy sword and a plastic outfit that has asthma is cool with me, cause i don't love the guy that much. However, the character that is Darth Vader, as old and silly as he may be would indeed wipe the floor with ol' wise@ss petey. We've given you battle scenarios, ideas, FACTS. You just say Vader is too old and weak to withstand a punch from Spiderman....
This leads me to believe you're either idiots or have the attention span of a 3 year old girl.

~wickerman~

The MISTER
That's only true for the mind tricks.

As for the steel in the blink of an eye thing, it's well within jedi power. Just cause they didn't show it in the movie (a budget film with low tech special effects) doesn't mean it's not true.

That's exactly right, the pathetic depiction of what Vader was, was truly to blame for Spidey fans believing that this powerful jedi to be beaten with physical force. Vader was downplayed in the movie and people got the wrong idea about him. I know I did.

But truly the same thing happens to Spider-man, the only difference is that's what makes some people like him, so only true fans of Spider-man get pissed.

If Spidey can dodge a hail of bullets fired at him from multiple directions then why would he get hit by things that move much slower than that. Spider-man getting surprised, cheap-shotted,ambushed,trapped, or hit by characters that can't possibly move as quickly as lasers, blasts, and bullets is sometimes just unexplained in his comics as if he never had spider-sense. Humanizes Spidey but pisses off his fans.

Now I see the same thing happening to Vader and everyone's surprised. If Vader was supposedly in a death match with luke and what was displayed in that fight was truly the extent of both of their powers, why would anyone think a jedi can hang with Wolverine, Spiderman, Cyclops, Cable, Thor ,or anyone who has a slight speed and strength advantage on the methodical slowpokes in the movies.

movie depiction Vader obviously loses against many foes
True Vader slaughters over half of the Marvel Unizerse

Clumsy, humanized Spidey gets hit by chumps.
True Spidey has few equals. smokin'

who?-kid
Originally posted by The MISTER
It's cool that you agree with me that movie Vader isn't all that impressive => Vader Fans everywhere, show me a pic in the movies or some really impressive fight scenes that will convince me that DV has a good chance against Spider-Man after all. I asked this before... nobody replied.

What is this "True Vader" crap ?

Suddenly, the not so impressive Darth Vader from the movies (who is the original by the way) is what ? A fake one ? And the more powerful Darth Vader from the comics/cartoons/novels (all "somehow" official, though not always in continuity) is suddenly the real one ?

Okaaaay....

Feeble Force
Vader would force choke spidey to death. Then he would go get some lovin from mary jane and force choke her when hes done.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Feeble Force
Vader would force choke spidey to death. Then he would go get some lovin from mary jane and force choke her when hes done. sad

Wickerman
Originally posted by whirlysplat
sad

Course not. But if you've been going out with Spidey and got married to the guy....wouldn't you need some decent rumpin? big grin
(ps: she'll be in love with vader cause once you've had black....you can't go back wink )

~wickerman~

leonidas
<<You're just being extremely silly right now.>.

yes wickerman, i know. that's why i was laughing.

<<Now I see the same thing happening to Vader and everyone's surprised. If Vader was supposedly in a death match with luke and what was displayed in that fight was truly the extent of both of their powers, why would anyone think a jedi can hang with Wolverine, Spiderman, Cyclops, Cable, Thor ,or anyone who has a slight speed and strength advantage on the methodical slowpokes in the movies.

True Spidey has few equals. >>

too which i mostly agree. outside the movies though, my knowledge of vader is limited, hence my very limited views on this thread. if his telepathic powers are as great as some round here think, he WOULD beat spidey. i've never seen anything in any movie that would indicate such. he might try to choke spidey, but that choke scene took quite a while to happen - and i'd wager he couldn't keep that hold with spidey stuck to him like glue and bashing his helmet in. there were plenty of opportunities for the 'real' jedi powers to be demonstrated in the movies, but they rarely were. if there is evidence of vader's 'true' power, i'd like to see it (apologies if it's been shown in this thread - it's too long to reread), otherwise, based on what i know of vader, it's gotta be spidey.

Wickerman
<<You're just being extremely silly right now.>.

yes wickerman, i know. that's why i was laughing.

<<Now I see the same thing happening to Vader and everyone's surprised. If Vader was supposedly in a death match with luke and what was displayed in that fight was truly the extent of both of their powers, why would anyone think a jedi can hang with Wolverine, Spiderman, Cyclops, Cable, Thor ,or anyone who has a slight speed and strength advantage on the methodical slowpokes in the movies.

True Spidey has few equals. >>

too which i mostly agree. outside the movies though, my knowledge of vader is limited, hence my very limited views on this thread. if his telepathic powers are as great as some round here think, he WOULD beat spidey. i've never seen anything in any movie that would indicate such. he might try to choke spidey, but that choke scene took quite a while to happen - and i'd wager he couldn't keep that hold with spidey stuck to him like glue and bashing his helmet in. there were plenty of opportunities for the 'real' jedi powers to be demonstrated in the movies, but they rarely were. if there is evidence of vader's 'true' power, i'd like to see it (apologies if it's been shown in this thread - it's too long to reread), otherwise, based on what i know of vader, it's gotta be spidey.

PM Jinzin about it. I'm sure he'd be willing to give you plenty of references of Vader annihilating armies of droids. Either way, i already admitted that if Spiderman gets into hitting range it'll be very tough. However, i don't see any way of him being able to even approach Vader. Don't put aside the precognition Vader has which is pretty much like Spidey's danger sense. Or the Force push and lift. He'll most likely make sure Spidey never comes within hitting range while still concentrating enough to choke him.

He doesn't even have to choke him btw. That's just ONE option. Another one would be simply force pull/push him into a wall...bash the little spider big grin

~wickerman~

leonidas
i'm not sure we're really debating - i don't know enough to do so with confidence. your scenario's are certainly possible, just not based on what i've SEEN of the character. i like DV as much as the next guy, and high level telepaths and tekes can certainly give spidey trouble. again, my assumptions are based strictly on what i've seen in the movies.

jinzin
"Now, i've seen ASBOLUTELY no battle scenario on behalf of the Spidey fans. All i've seen were "Duh, dey be stupeed SW fans duh, dey no be knowing Spidey za best duh" not in those words, but that's the impression anyone gets. This forum is for logical INTELLIGENT debating. Not teenage fanboys with crushes on guys in spandex.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA laughing out loud

"We've given you battle scenarios, ideas, FACTS. You just say Vader is too old and weak to withstand a punch from Spiderman....
This leads me to believe you're either idiots or have the attention span of a 3 year old girl"

stop man you're killin me hahahahaha! laughing out loud

"Vader would force choke spidey to death. Then he would go get some lovin from mary jane and force choke her when hes done."

is wayne brady...I mean...."is darth vador gonna have to choke a *****?"

PLEASE EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT TRUE JEDI PERFORMANCE AND DOESN'T WANT TO BUY A BUTT LOAD OF COMICS NEW AND OLD TO FIND OUT: WATCH STAR WARS: CLONE WARS........YOU GUY S WILL UNDERSTAN WHY SPIDERMAN WON'T WIN AFTER WATCHING THIS.....TRUST ME...

Next Venom_girl
EDIT Nevermind.

jinzin
what the hell are you talking about?

bertran
jinzin......you use the movie to prove your point (mace windu...android army...bla...bla....bla) but the fact is that if you use the movies as a barometer of vader's powers you are f****d. Vader does NOTHING in the movies! So, sorry, but you can't have it both ways. If you are upset that the movies depict Vader as a puss, fine, but don't then rely on the movies for your pro-force argument.
Fact is, Vader is Spidey's plaything!

Wickerman
Fact is, Vader is Spidey's plaything!

laughing I just love well thought-of responses like this one. To equal this statement in intelligence and explanatory notes: "Spiderman is wickerman's plaything"

~wickerman~

jinzin
wow i guess the point that vader has more control of the force than mace just went right over your head didn't it? don't worry though a lot of staunch spiderman fanboys have this same affliction so you're not alone....

bertran
Wickerman, you obviously didn't read my entire post, or more likely; you decided to ignore it. My point is this: Throughout this thread, there have been 2 trains of thought. One being: let's compare Vader from the movies to Spidey. The 2nd being: No, no, the movies don't portray Vader as he "truly" is. We must go to the comics/novels to get a true grasp on his powers.
My take has been from that start that I only know Vader from the movies, and as such, yes, Vader would be Spidey's rag doll.
That being said, perhaps comic/novel Vader is significantly stronger.
Whatever, it doesn't matter, because in my last post I was trying to point out that jinzin was using Mace Windu's power from the movies to validate Vader's power, and yet he admits that the movies aren't a fair depiction of Vader.
I'm just saying that either the movies are valid or they are not.
If they aren't: then you can't use Mace Windu's performance in "Clones" as an indicator of Vader's power
And if they are: Then who gives a rat's ASS what Mace did, because this is a Vader v, Spidey thread, and the fact is that in the movies, Vader has done nothing to show that he is even a 5 second battle for Spidey.
So pick your poison Vader fanboys, cause you can't have it both ways.

B

bertran
jinzin, i see that you just posted...
you say that Vader has more command of the force than Windu, but in the movies ther is absolutely no evidence of that.

jinzin
aside from the fact that vader was predestined to be the chosen one and had a ridulously high level of it's use before his jedi training.....or the fact that it's been stated his use of the force was unrivaled except by the power of yoad and the emporer in the comics.

jinzin
"Whatever, it doesn't matter, because in my last post I was trying to point out that jinzin was using Mace Windu's power from the movies to validate Vader's power, and yet he admits that the movies aren't a fair depiction of Vader."

hmmmmm movies from the 70's and early 80's with limited budget and special fx......vs. movies/cartoons made today with a much higher budget and farrrrrr superior fx.....geee I wonder why....

bertran
"its been stated" .... whoopdee do. the fact is , and you know you can't dispute it, or else you would've already, is that at no point in any of the 5 Star Wars movies do we have any evidence of Vader doing anything even remotely close to what you say Mace Windu does in Clones.

Ergo....either you stop using the movies as proof of Vader's powers, or admit that "movies-Vader" is Spidey's punching bag.

jinzin
wow.....I just did dispute it....you guys want spiderman to use his powers how he is supposed to have them right? well then give vador his powers......just because a movie made in the 70's couldn't support the abilities of the character...all the sudden he can't do the things....his character has proven to do later on in tie ins? ooooooook....that's ****ing ridiculous....

but I'll indulge you.....or not...

force choke=dead spidey...nah I don't think so.....

The MISTER

It's cool that you agree with me that movie Vader isn't all that impressive => Vader Fans everywhere, show me a pic in the movies or some really impressive fight scenes that will convince me that DV has a good chance against Spider-Man after all. I asked this before... nobody replied.

What is this "True Vader" crap ?

Suddenly, the not so impressive Darth Vader from the movies (who is the original by the way) is what ? A fake one ? And the more powerful Darth Vader from the comics/cartoons/novels (all "somehow" official, though not always in continuity) is suddenly the real one ?

Okaaaay....

The reason that I said true Vader is because the movie depiction was the opposite of true, that being false. Just like Spidey's old tv SHOW (not the cartoon) the movie vader was not the real version any more than that Spidey or Hulk show was a genuine presentation of them. You know you'd burn anyone who tried to use those shows to support an argument against them! So why pretend that the movie vader was genuine when we all know he wasn't? Still a Spidey fan here but there's no shame in losing to Vader. cool

who?-kid
And if they are: Then who gives a rat's ASS what Mace did, because this is a Vader v, Spidey thread, and the fact is that in the movies, Vader has done nothing to show that he is even a 5 second battle for Spidey.
So true.

who?-kid
The reason that I said true Vader is because the movie depiction was the opposite of true, that being false. Just like Spidey's old tv SHOW (not the cartoon) the movie vader was not the real version any more than that Spidey or Hulk show was a genuine presentation of them. You know you'd burn anyone who tried to use those shows to support an argument against them! So why pretend that the movie vader was genuine when we all know he wasn't? Still a Spidey fan here but there's no shame in losing to Vader. cool
Sorry, but you are as wrong as one can be.

The TRUE Vader - if there is a true Vader - is the Vader of the movies. That's when it all started : the movies. The comics, the novels, the cartoons... they all are spin offs of the movies, sometimes not even in continuity.

The only true Vader, the "Darth Vader to rule them all" is the first and original Vader. You can't decide for your own which Vader is the so-called real one because it suits your purposes. The first one, the original one and the most known one is obviously the true one.

The MISTER

The TRUE Vader - if there is a true Vader - is the Vader of the movies. That's when it all started : the movies. The comics, the novels, the cartoons... they all are spin offs of the movies, sometimes not even in continuity.

The only true Vader, the "Darth Vader to rule them all" is the first and original Vader. You can't decide for your own which Vader is the so-called real one because it suits your purposes. The first one, the original one and the most known one is obviously the true one.
You make a good point. smile But in the movie he only battled jedi. Since he fought no non jedi how can we be sure that they didn't negate each other drastically?

who?-kid
You make a good point. smile But in the movie he only battled jedi. Since he fought no non jedi how can we be sure that they didn't negate each other drastically?
Well, only an old Jedi and a young unexperienced one to be more precise wink . That's why I keep saying that movie Vader is not in the same level than Spider-Man. Not even close.

The "other" DV-incarnations, well, they would give him more trouble, that's for sure. I never denied that.

See you wink

The MISTER
Well, only an old Jedi and a young unexperienced one to be more precise wink . That's why I keep saying that movie Vader is not in the same level than Spider-Man. Not even close.

The "other" DV-incarnations, well, they would give him more trouble, that's for sure. I never denied that.

See you wink
Well I don't know man, Obi wan was old but still alive after some cataclysmic event and Luke was trained by Yoda and desired by the emporer even more than Vader. All I'm trying to say is that the first three movies left out so much info that 3 prequels could be made. That's a lot of info. I see what you're saying though and I agree that if what you saw was what you got then the slow methodical Vader would lose. But if that were the case then I don't see why the Empire would consider 2 people ( Luke and Lea ) to be the only worthy threats in the entire universe.

Sometimes there are unseen forces at work in a battle between two jedi
( I guess ) smile

Wickerman

Ok, cool. So we're talking about the "lame darth vader" vs. the initial spiderman in the comics? The one that had trouble with cops? Or should we put the lame DV against the Spiderman from the toon show from the 90's that a fat guy (kingpin) would give trouble to in 1v1? Or maybe the Spiderman that had to go against villains like "The Walrus"?

Point is, if you wanna put the "lame DV" against spidey, trust me, the initial spidey and even later incarnations won't last long.

ps: i STILL haven't seen any strategies from the Spider supporters other than "DV is no match for Spidey" and this and that.

~wickerman~

who?-kid
Ok, cool. So we're talking about the "lame darth vader" vs. the initial spiderman in the comics? The one that had trouble with cops? Or should we put the lame DV against the Spiderman from the toon show from the 90's that a fat guy (kingpin) would give trouble to in 1v1? Or maybe the Spiderman that had to go against villains like "The Walrus"?

Point is, if you wanna put the "lame DV" against spidey, trust me, the initial spidey and even later incarnations won't last long.
~wickerman~
Hehehe, the old "let's all focus on the not-so-great-fights of Spider-Man" trick. Sorry dude, no offense, but better people have tried that.

You want the strongest Darth Vader ? Fine, you got him. I choose the strongest Spider-Man, who can hold his own against the Hulk and beats Firelord, Titania, Rhino and Iron Man to a pulp - to name a few.

Wickerman
Hehehe, the old "let's all focus on the not-so-great-fights of Spider-Man" trick. Sorry dude, no offense, but better people have tried that.

You want the strongest Darth Vader ? Fine, you got him. I choose the strongest Spider-Man, who can hold his own against the Hulk and beats Firelord, Titania, Rhino and Iron Man to a pulp - to name a few.

no offense taken dude thumb up however, you were the one using the "let's all focus on the not-so-great-fights of Darth Vader" . I was simply extrapolating on that thought.

Ok, be my guest and use him. Now...waiting for a battle scenario. Cause about 6 pages ago we provided one.

~wickerman~

who?-kid
no offense taken dude thumb up however, you were the one using the "let's all focus on the not-so-great-fights of Darth Vader" . I was simply extrapolating on that thought.
~wickerman~
Wrong. I used the REAL Darth Vader, not the comic/novel Darth Vader who is just an upgraded version. I didn't deny or ignore a thing. The other incarnations of Darth Vader would give SM a lot more trouble, I already said that.

And why are you complaining ? I already gave a fight scenario. Read the entire thread instead of polishing your Darth Vader altar wink

It's not like YOU are pulling one plausible fight scenario after the other out of your ass big grin

Wickerman
Wrong. I used the REAL Darth Vader, not the comic/novel Darth Vader who is just an upgraded version. I didn't deny or ignore a thing. The other incarnations of Darth Vader would give SM a lot more trouble, I already said that.

Yeah, and i used the REAL Spiderman...you know, the one from the same day and age as the Darth Vader one.

And why are you complaining ? I already gave a fight scenario. Read the entire thread instead of polishing your Darth Vader altar wink

oops...sorry, didn't notice you giving me a fight scenario....could you please quote the post in which you did? Cause i can't really find it.

It's not like YOU are pulling one plausible fight scenario after the other out of your ass big grin

I just posted one, yes. However, seeing as how i'm not aware of any of your posted fight scenarios, i see that as one more than you smile .

And i don't have a DV altar btw. I actually like Spidey a bit better than DV. But i try to be as non-biased as possible.

~wickerman~

who?-kid
Yeah, and i used the REAL Spiderman...you know, the one from the same day and age as the Darth Vader one.
Hm ? I don't know if I follow you...

I am ALWAYS neutral my young padawan. But it's not my fault there are so many threads created in which Spider-Man faces the not-that-impressive-characters wink

Use the force big grin

Wickerman

Use the force big grin

The force of laziness is great in this one sad

~wickerman~

leonidas
<<The TRUE Vader - if there is a true Vader - is the Vader of the movies. That's when it all started : the movies. The comics, the novels, the cartoons... they all are spin offs of the movies, sometimes not even in continuity.>>

i tend to accept this argument. if we are sticking solely to what we've seen in movies, i'm not sure how vader wins. i keep hearing about the force choke. a couple problems i have with it are these: (1) when he did it the first time, it took a while for the guy to die - ie it was no where NEAR instantaneous. and that was just a regular guy. and (2) DV didn't have spidey pounding on his helmet in that scene.

i just don't think the choke scene was done convincingly enough to make me believe he could either use that power at will (ie in the middle of a huge battle) or that it could put someone as strong as spidey out quickly enough. DV could hurl things at spidey, but he's seen that gimmick thousands of times, dodges and attacks. DV's quick with the saber, i'll grant, but i hope we're not saying he's quicker than spidey.

so here's the scenario: they're in some huge domed ring. DV has nothing to hurl at spidey so he tries a force choke. it begins to work - spidey sensing he might be in trouble attacks DV, dodges the saber gets his hands on him and pummels him. OR, he snags DV with a web, spins him around and around and lets him go sending him crashing into the dome ko'ing or nearly ko'ing him - either way breaking the choke.

DV has one chance in this fight - his telepathic abilities must be strong enough to grip and hold spidey so he can actually manipulate spidey's body - freeze him, throw him. and i don't think jinzin's argument about mace hurling droids is valid because i've always been under the belief that people with strong wills can fight the force influence. otherwise, jedi's would never use sabers - they'd just throw and force choke any human force sent against them - ie stormtroopers and the like. since that doesn't happen, there must be a REASON it doesn't happen. i tend to believe it's because jedi's can't affect sentients AS easily as they can mechs. again, i like DV, but based on what i've seen of him, i don't think he can beat spidey.

Wickerman
Alright, once and for all. All this "Vader from the movies is weak" does NOTHING other than to show that you know nothing about the character in general and thusly use only that knowledge to talk stuff out of your ass. You know it's true.

However, seeing as how you're the first IMO to offer a response containing a battle scenario, i'll talk bout it:

so here's the scenario: they're in some huge domed ring. DV has nothing to hurl at spidey so he tries a force choke. it begins to work - spidey sensing he might be in trouble attacks DV, dodges the saber gets his hands on him and pummels him. OR, he snags DV with a web, spins him around and around and lets him go sending him crashing into the dome ko'ing or nearly ko'ing him - either way breaking the choke.

1. Unless Spiderman can walk on air, he's not going to even come close to striking distance. Why? Force push. Again, if you don't know about DV don't comment. If he can move a star destroyer (i migth have it wrong, but an incredibly large destroyer or something similar) with Force push, he can certainly do it to Spiderman. He can also hold him in the air. So the moment the wallcrawler starts moving towards him, he'll be choking AND in the air.

DV has one chance in this fight - his telepathic abilities must be strong enough to grip and hold spidey so he can actually manipulate spidey's body - freeze him, throw him. and i don't think jinzin's argument about mace hurling droids is valid because i've always been under the belief that people with strong wills can fight the force influence. otherwise, jedi's would never use sabers - they'd just throw and force choke any human force sent against them - ie stormtroopers and the like. since that doesn't happen, there must be a REASON it doesn't happen. i tend to believe it's because jedi's can't affect sentients AS easily as they can mechs. again, i like DV, but based on what i've seen of him, i don't think he can beat spidey.

You're under false belief. Force push, choke and the others have nothing to do with the weak mind. Only mindtricks do. Like convincing Spiderman he's already won and having him forfeit by leaving.
And yeah, they do throw and force choke any human force sent against them. but they prefer to have their own army that can do that while they sip Marguaritas (exaggerating but you get the idea).

And again, i don't care what you think based on what you've seen of him, because you don't have enough knowledge to continue this discussion.

~wickerman~

X-Logan
Darth Vader would destroy Spider Man,easily.

IRTMU-Dragon
As soon as Vader sees spiderman, cant he just hold him in mid air with the force and wrap his arms around him so he cant shoot web, then just slice off his head?

leonidas
<<You're under false belief. Force push, choke and the others have nothing to do with the weak mind. Only mindtricks do. Like convincing Spiderman he's already won and having him forfeit by leaving.
And yeah, they do throw and force choke any human force sent against them.>>

really? wickerman, you've done the old 'i have no real evidence so i'll insult and rant until you believe me', trick. when has any jedi mind choked or force throttled an army of stormtroopers? you mean they'd rather saber all of them? luke is supposed to be stronger than vader - he couldn't even do a thing to jaba the frickin' hut! not to mention nearly getting eaten by a flippin' dinosaur!! and kenobi nearly had his ass handed to him by boba fett!! and kenobi ultimately stalemated DV.

<<i don't care what you think based on what you've seen of him, because you don't have enough knowledge to continue this discussion.>>

you're just not understanding, are you: i am (and many others are as well) basing this entire debate on (ready for this because i know it's been said MANY times in this thread . . .)

I'M BASING THIS ON WHAT I HAVE SEEN IN THE MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!

if there is a 'secret' vader (ie) a DV shown in comics and novels to be more powerful than 'movie' vader - i readily admit that perhaps THAT vader (the secret one if you're keeping score wickerman) might be able to demolish spidey. nothing of 'movie' DV leads me to this assumption however.

'movie' vader v spidey -> spidey
'secret' vader v spidey -> ??????

clear enough. (and i said if there were more to DV than the shows my knowedge was limited - hence my debating purely on what i've SEEN. whether you care about it or not.

who?-kid
In the comics, his power is not very clear, to say the least. Darth Vader once had serious trouble with a second-rate villain as Boba Fett.

The Force was on strike that day I guess.

who?-kid
<<'movie' vader v spidey -> spidey
Exactly. Compared to Marvel characters, movie Vader is a joke. Other Vaders are more powerful, true. But that's still not a guarantee for a victory.

Like Darth Vader is gonna hit Spider-Man with all he's got (force chokes, mind tricks, telekinesis, whatever) the minute he spots him - a Spider-Man standing preferably a few hundred meters away also, so that Darth Vader can take his time to use the Force big grin

The MISTER
<<You're under false belief. Force push, choke and the others have nothing to do with the weak mind. Only mindtricks do. Like convincing Spiderman he's already won and having him forfeit by leaving.
And yeah, they do throw and force choke any human force sent against them.>>

really? wickerman, you've done the old 'i have no real evidence so i'll insult and rant until you believe me', trick. when has any jedi mind choked or force throttled an army of stormtroopers? you mean they'd rather saber all of them? luke is supposed to be stronger than vader - he couldn't even do a thing to jaba the frickin' hut! not to mention nearly getting eaten by a flippin' dinosaur!! and kenobi nearly had his ass handed to him by boba fett!! and kenobi ultimately stalemated DV.

<<i don't care what you think based on what you've seen of him, because you don't have enough knowledge to continue this discussion.>>

you're just not understanding, are you: i am (and many others are as well) basing this entire debate on (ready for this because i know it's been said MANY times in this thread . . .)

I'M BASING THIS ON WHAT I HAVE SEEN IN THE MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!

if there is a 'secret' vader (ie) a DV shown in comics and novels to be more powerful than 'movie' vader - i readily admit that perhaps THAT vader (the secret one if you're keeping score wickerman) might be able to demolish spidey. nothing of 'movie' DV leads me to this assumption however.

'movie' vader v spidey -> spidey

clear enough. (and i said if there were more to DV than the shows my knowedge was limited - hence my debating purely on what i've SEEN. whether you care about it or not.
Tight Work! big grin

leonidas
<<Tight Work! >>

thanks, but give it time. some DV fan will flame it. i'm looking forward to the rebuttal. smile

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>