Favorite zombie movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eggmayo
Are the best zombies:
1 Romero's 'Living Dead' trilogy zombies
2 'The Evil Dead' zombies
3 Lucio Fulci's zombies
4 'The infected' 28 Days Later.

Cinemaddiction
"Evil Dead" zombies. They look like something Mike Judge would have conjured up. They have a unique look.

Dario Argento
1. Romero's and Fulci's
2. Evil Dead
3. 28 Days Later

BackFire
the 28 days later zombies ar ethe only ones I found kinda scary, partly because they're more believable and far more ferocious then the others. But I have a soft spot for Romero's, they are almost sweet.

BarmyBrummie
the ones in 28 days later are the only zombies that have ever really freaked me out for the same reason as backfire

eggmayo
Yeah thats what i thoguht. Everyone knows that the 28 Days LAter zombies are the most evil, however

THE_DOOM666
THE BEST zombies are THE TALIBAN when they wake up in the MORNING eek!

HockeyHorror

Evil Dead
1. Why did you not include the Return of the Living Dead zombies? They are the funniest of all.

2. Evil Dead contains no zombies. People are possessed by demons. There is a difference. A zombie is a dead person who is reanimated. This is completely different than an evil spirit (demon) entering a live person's body and taking over. The Exorcist is not a zombie movie.....nor is The Amityville Horror 2.....nor is The Evil Dead.

eggmayo
i completely forgot the return of the living dead zombies, they are hilarious.
Also, i included the evil dead as zombies cos thats what it says on the back for some reason.
"one by one the friends are turned into evil zombies intent on killing the others." no wonder i got it cheap!

samhain
Romero's zombies all the way. The ones in 28DL are good but I don't consider them as zombies, Romero's zombie are the archetypal zombies by which all others are compared.

DeNiro
Evil Dead even thought there not zombies

Jason420
yeah i chose 28DL because the were kinda scary but they werent zombies in the movies it said they were full of uncontrollable amount of rage

Freddy_vs_Jason
i love the look of zombies when thier faces are REALLY white and they have these REALLY dark-brown rings around thier eyes and they have no pupil, just whiteness in thier eye, you usaully don't really see that in zombies these days, usaully they just look like normal people, that aien't scary at all

SlipknoT
So, what is your favorite zombie movie?

Michael Myers 1
i said day of the dead cuz thats the only one i saw and shouldnt you tel us which dawn of the dead you mean? (old and new)

BackFire
The original Dawn of the Dead

SlipknoT
I mean the original Dawn of the Dead in the poll

Cinemaddiction
Evil Dead. The makeup would be what would seal the deal for me.

BackFire
Evil Dead is not a zombie movie.

Evil Dead
Bahahaahaaahaaa

This exact same poll was posted last month............I posted the exact same thing as BackFire just did.

- searches for last months thread on same subject -

EDIT:

I just bumped up that old "best zombies" thread...........Cinemaddiction chose Evil Dead in that one also. Crazy stuff.........

Evil Dead
B U M P

badkittykitty
Day of the Dead for me but I really like both dawn of the dead movies.

The Redeemer
Anyone seen Andrea Bianchi's BURIAL GROUND? These zombies ARE the business!!! thumb up

WindDancer
^Yup I seen it, is a good zombie movie. I like the way the zombies looked on this film. Specially when they get shot. No blood, just ooze and mud (which makes interesting since they are dead so the blood is gone)

I voted for Dawn of the Dead. I like Day of the Dead too but I just voted for Dawn. Recently I saw a zombie movie from Japan called Junk. It has some pretty cool looking zombies.

dean7879
dissapointed that no one mentioned let sleeping corpses lie....top qiality zombie film

WindDancer
I want to see that movie. I heard of it before but never got a chance to watch it. Sounds like a cool zombie flick.

Dejio
"Not a zombie"? Dead needs to be reanimated, huh? Then what do you think of Henrietta, the old lady at the cellar?! She's dead, and she really looks reanimated to me! And how about Ash's girlfriend? Her head was severed from her body. I'm pretty sure she's dead. Yet she still walks..just like a zombie. And by your definition I believe she IS a zombie.

If one movie on the list can be debated on if it's a zombie movie, it's "28 Days Later". Those guys are infected only by 'Rage' and are very much still alive. They can be killed pretty much like any other living being. Except they have extreme tolerance for pain. Just like Al Pacino in the ending of 'Scarface'. smile

Lord Shadow Z
Evil Dead does have 'zombie-like characters' but it's not predominately a zombie film, the zombies aren't the main focus in the film because Evil Dead shows other nightmarish creatures as well.
The others however (apart from 28 Days Later-because I haven't seen it) are zombie films because they have the main focus on zombies and not much else.
But my favourite is Dawn of the Dead because although it has cheap effects and laughable(in a good way) scenes the zombies are really f***ing scary.

Skorn254
I hvent seen some of these but of what ive seen id hve to Resident Evil. smokin'

ladygrim
no affence but i think there are to many ruddy cheesy zomby movies out ...its got to the piont that they are not unique they are predictable are to similar to the last set of zombie movies.... which to be is a bore ....

blood_mage
i find all of the movies the same(they r all good) but i have to choose it have to be dawn of the dead new & old because they r so funny devil

Mr Zero
I vote for Al Pacino in Scarface.

PRO-PAIN
Romero's Dead trilogy is my fav...

Followed closely by Fulci's Zombie, and The Gates Of Hell...

dean7879
romero trilogy....return of the living dead and let sleeping corpses lie

§nakehead
28 days later kind

eggmayo
ok, even if 28 days later and evil dead are not zombie films, that is mainly the way there handled. even if technically the 28DL creeps are not zombies, it is not going to start a new horror genre called infected movies is it?

Voorhees
I would have to say that the Dead Trilogy by Romero and Zombie are my fav zombie movies. There are tons more that i like but it would take me a long time to write them all. But out of the Dead Trilogy i'd have to say that Day of the Dead is my favourite.

MildPossession
28 Days Later, like others have said, is not a zombie film, the people don't even die, just suddenly get into a violent rage.
Still a decent film though.

Anyone checked out the Australian zombie movie Undead?
The acting is stupid in most, but the action and gore is fun and decent, cool zombie movie.

Cinemaddiction
Hasn't been released here in the States, yet.

We get that, and "Shaun of the Dead" this year.

MildPossession
I have had Undead sometime on dvd, Shawn of The Dead is out in september on dvd here. Can't wait.

Out of the list above I like all of those, but I voted for Dawn of The Dead.

jenlaine
have to stay with the classics and a chosen few remakes. Lucio Fulci's 'Zombi' has to be considered one of the allttime undead classics, along with Romero's 'Day of the Dead' ( come on- who doesn't like Bud). one eye

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.