What to do when viruses invade WINDOWS?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morbid4Daniel
Yeah, im having virus trouble. I previously started a thread somewhat like this but this is a little different. I have like a bazillion virus programs and they detect things and all but my computer is slower than a damn slug if it were trying to travel around the United States and back. It constantly locks up too. Norton pops up every once in a while and tells me I have a trojan virus in different files and some of them are in windows (it shows the file locations) but WHAT CAN I DO if I cant delete stuff in windows? My brother's computer is beyond fast and Ive tried transferring some of his programs to mine but it doesnt work properly. I just dont know what all I can and cannot delete (besides WINDOWS files, I know you cant delete anything in the windows folder) but I just dont know how to get to all those hidden files that stack up and things like that. My computer sucks balls. Can anyone help me? Im in desperate need of help to get my computer back the way it was the first day I brought it home.

dark1365
Take a magnet to your hard drive. Start with a clean slate.

yerssot
when you do a virusscan, you'll get three options:
Delete, Quarantine, Abort (or Cancel)

pick Quarantine, if that doesn't work, pick delete

Clovie
FORMAT C smart

Morbid4Daniel
What does formatting the Cerm Drive do? And How?

Ken Kenobi
It formats it. stick out tongue

Morbid4Daniel
Shaddup. Lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.