Hercules vs Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Hercules

VS

Captain Marvel (Shazam!)

Who wins?

Draco69
Cap. Marvel.

dawsey28
Captain Marvel. He can fly and has speed on side.

And while Hercules in Marvel and DC are different, CM has the strength of Hercules.

leonidas
<<CM has the strength of Hercules.>>

i might as well tell you before draco does . . . he's only got a PORTION of herc's strength. but he still has an awful lot of other stuff on his side. loathe as i am to admit it, i think CM would take a hell of a beating but be the one standing at the end. unless he's foolish enough to simply stand in front of herc and fight hand to hand. herc would beat him based on strength and experience alone in a straight up fist fight..

juggernaut74
Originally posted by leonidas

i might as well tell you before draco does . . . he's only got a PORTION of herc's strength. That still hasnt been proven yet wink

dawsey28

i might as well tell you before draco does . . . he's only got a PORTION of herc's strength. but he still has an awful lot of other stuff on his side. loathe as i am to admit it, i think CM would take a hell of a beating but be the one standing at the end. unless he's foolish enough to simply stand in front of herc and fight hand to hand. herc would beat him based on strength and experience alone in a straight up fist fight..

I've heard that before, but it doesn't matter anyways. Hercules in Marvel is different from Hercules in DC.

He's not foolish, he has the Wisdom of Solomon.

You are right CM wins.

Draco69
What you mean? I've proven this hundreds of times. Do you really think an Earthbound wizard could fully muster all of the gods' power into one being? No. He couldn't.

Zeus's lightening has been known to destroy galaxies themselves and tear creation asunder. So Billy Batson clearly doesn't have ALL of Zeus's Power does he? If he did he would be unstoppable.

juggernaut74
Well if he has only a portion of Hercs strength how can he stalemate Superman in a armwrestling match?

Or go toe to toe with Superman trading blows.

Unless Herc is stronger than Superman.

Can you show me a bio that says a "portion". Cause all of the ones I read say "the strength of Hercules"

leonidas
<<That still hasnt been proven yet>>

that sounds like draco's battle to fight. think i'll bow gracefully out of this one . . .

<<He's not foolish, he has the Wisdom of Solomon.>>

but he's still just a kid and has often acted the part of a child in the past. the whole wisdom of solomon seems to me to be a bit muddled at times . . .

be that as it may, as i said, i do agree CM would EVENTUALLY win . . .

dawsey28
I know. I'm not arguing with you. I am agreeing with you.

In fact, I have mentioned that CM is a kid in many threads.

Draco69
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Well if he has only a portion of Hercs strength how can he stalemate Superman in a armwrestling match?

Or go toe to toe with Superman trading blows.

Unless Herc is stronger than Superman.

Can you show me a bio that says a "portion". Cause all of the ones I read say "the strength of Hercules"

You're gonna bring up the armwrestling match again and again aren't you? Shazam simply is not as strong as Supes or WW. I've proven this.

The Thing and Namor can also go toe to toe with the Hulk. It doesn't mean they're equal.

Explain this: If Captain Marvel has ALL of Zeus's power, how can Zeus still be a God? Or even alive? Zeus's lightening has torn creation asunder, given life to new gods and removed whole dimensions. Cap. Marvel doesn't have that power. THINK about it. If he has ALL the gods' power he would be unstoppable.

The wizard only managed to garner (and ask) for a portion of the gods' power because it was all they would allow.

juggernaut74
Let me answer it this way.

It says the strength OF Hercules. Not Herucles' strength.
It says power OF Zeus. Not Zues' power.

Get what Im saying?

leonidas
<<I know. I'm not arguing with you. I am agreeing with you.
In fact, I have mentioned that CM is a kid in many threads.>>

umm, draco, was was responding to the OTHER guy . . . response orders got a bit mixed because we're all posting at the same time. but i'm glad you agree. smile

armandovalles
i think CM kicks his ass, but i just wanted to see what everyone else thought. And by the way CM has the "strength of Hercules", thats just a mythical misconception.

Draco69
Let me answer it this way.

It says the strength OF Hercules. Not Herucles' strength.
It says power OF Zeus. Not Zues' power.

Get what Im saying?

No. We're getting into grammer now? Sorry dude. I know you like CM but you're overrating him.

He has a PORTION of Hercule's strength and a PORTION of Zeus's power. Where do you think he gets his power from? The gods that's who. The wizard didn't give him his powers. He just channeled it from the gods. Everytime he says Shazam the gods channel their power into him and he becomes CM.

You need to reread CM's history.

Draco69
<<I know. I'm not arguing with you. I am agreeing with you.
In fact, I have mentioned that CM is a kid in many threads.>>

umm, draco, was was responding to the OTHER guy . . . response orders got a bit mixed because we're all posting at the same time. but i'm glad you agree. smile

?????

Draco69
Originally posted by armandovalles
i think CM kicks his ass, but i just wanted to see what everyone else thought. And by the way CM has the "strength of Hercules", thats just a mythical misconception.

Yes it is. He has a blasted portion people.

juggernaut74
Yea but you say that he acually had Zeus' power.

In reality he does not.

armandovalles
he has Zeus' power to throw and shoot lightning bolts!

Draco69
Yea but you say that he acually had Zeus' power.

In reality he does not.

I didn't say that. He has a PORTION of Zeus's power. Particually his lightening.

Where do you think he gets his power? Is his power of, strength of, and wisdom of, just for show. I think not.

You really need to read his history. You have it completely wrong.

juggernaut74
Exactly how much of Hercules' strength does he have then?

And why do you overlook the armwrestling match? They were clearly equals in strength.

leonidas
<<?????>>

er, that should have been directed at dawsey. sorry draco. damn, you guys post fast . . ..

Draco69
Exactly how much of Hercules' strength does he have then?

And why do you overlook the armwrestling match? They were clearly equals in strength.

How much? No idea. Clearly not as much as Hercules does. The gods are greedy bastards. They wouldn't give most of their power to a mere mortal.

Because it's crap. Wonder Woman is stronger than Cap. Marvel. Zeus and Athena said so even. So the story is crap. Unfortunately its your only "evidence". And I've disproved it.

juggernaut74
Just because you say its crap means you disprove it?

Got it wink

Draco69
*sigh* You're seriously annoying me now. You're either in denial (most likely) or you refuse to recognize the facts. Wonder Woman is stronger than CM so......come on you can do it.

juggernaut74
Your annoying me too. Where is there written proof in a comic or a bio that says portion?

Being your a Ivy leaguer shouldnt be that hard.

leonheartmm
marvel wins.

Draco69
Your annoying me too. Where is there written proof in a comic or a bio that says portion?

Being your a Ivy leaguer shouldnt be that hard.

Demeter, the goddess of agriculture and fertility, and avatar of Gaea, divinely blessed Diana with an inborn strength whose source is Gaea herself. Like the source from which she draws it, Wonder Woman's strength is nearly limitless. She has been observed assisting in the movement of entire heavenly bodies, catching cavernous-sized asteroids, supporting the weight of bridges, hefting entire railroad trains, subway trains, ships and aircraft. (JLA #58, 75; JLA: A LEAGUE OF ONE; JLA/TITANS #1, 3; WONDER WOMAN #24,110, 144, 175).

It is said that Superman is the only being stronger than she (ACTION COMICS #761; JLA #96; WONDER WOMAN #102,103).

One day when Billy was ten years old, he was led into a subway tunnel by a mysterious man. Deep in the subways, the mystery man led Billy to the ancient wizard Shazam, and then vanished! Shazam gave Billy the task of fighting evil and injustice in the world, to carry on his legacy. To accomplish this, Billy had only to speak the wizard's name, and he would be given the power he needed to help him in his fight. The old wizard showed Billy the names of six gods and historical heroes that had agreed to grant A PORTION of their powers and legendary abilities to a champion the wizard Shazam would choose one day:

Solomon's Wisdom,

Hercules' Strength,

Atlas' Stamina,

Zeus' Power,

Achilles' Courage, and

Mercury's Speed.

Captain Marvel is just gets a fraction of the powers of the gods bestowed upon him by the magic of the wizard Shazam. Diana on the other hand has faced the full brunt of the forces in which he derives his power from.

No offense Juggernaut74 but the fact that the wizard gave A PORTION of the gods' power to CM is key fact of his history. Like Batman's parents getting shot. I think you don't have much knowledge of CM's history. It's fairly obvious.

dawsey28
LOL at the Ivy Leaguer comment. Come on guys don't end up on each others ignore list.

At one time CM and Superman were equal in strength. But now they are not.

I have an comic that IS Superman vs Captain Marvel. It is old, though so I'm NOT getting it out to post scans. Sorry, you just have to trust me.

They stalemated in that comic. Which is an older comic. But todays Superman defeats todays Captain Marvel.

These fights are current characters. So there you go.

Draco69
Why does everybody hate the Ivy League? sad We didn't do anything to you guys...

juggernaut74
I dont think you see the big picture.

All I ask is where I can read it myself. I noticed you didnt leave any issue numbers or anything.

Hey WW maybe stronger thats fine. All I need is credible evidence that he has only a portion of Hercs strength. Im sorry but I am not taking your word for it.

dawsey28
I don't hate the League. I was just laughing b/c of the Tony Stark incident.

juggernaut74
I dont hate Ivy Leaguers either.

Draco69
I dont think you see the big picture.

All I ask is where I can read it myself. I noticed you didnt leave any issue numbers or anything.

Hey WW maybe stronger thats fine. All I need is credible evidence that he has only a portion of Hercs strength. Im sorry but I am not taking your word for it.

No you don't see the big picture. If Wonder Woman is STRONGER than Captain Marvel than why the heck would you think that Captain Marvel is equal or stronger than Superman? It doesn't make sense. It verges on the edge of fanboyism dare I say it.

Issue numbers. Hello. Look above in the quotations. There's like a dozen issue numbers. confused Ooooooookay.

If you want to read it yourself go read the Ultimate Guide to Wonder Woman and the same with Superman. They'll tell you they're both stronger than CM.

Credible evidence? Read is friggin history. I seriously don't know why people get this wrong. The wizard himself said he was giving a portion of the gods' power to Billy.

Read up on his history. Seriously. CM is a cool character and all but you're overrating him. I've even seen some people saying he can beat Silver Surfer and Parallax. Which is prepostrous.

leonidas
CM's history is convoluted at best. i've checked dozens of sites and have seen lots of info. even read somewhere that CM was supposed to be six different characters originally. i have come across info that says he gains ASPECTS of the gods' powers, hence the reason i've never debated draco's point. in defense of the others, it is commonly stated that he HAS the strength, he HAS the wisdom, etc. . .

it really is easy to understand the confusion. i mean even the guy's ORIGIN has been rewritten several times! not to mention the legal battles with the name CM. and traditionally his strength has been said to 'approach or equal but not surpass' superman's strength and as evidenced by their battles it is clear they are indeed close.

all that's not to say i disagree with draco - rather it's to say i can see why most aren't aware of the true nature of his powers.

juggernaut74
Well we are not getting anywhere so lets just move on.

CM beats Hercules mainly cause of his speed advantage and flight ability.

Draco69
Stupid Pre-Crisis. Screwed everything up.

leonidas
<<Stupid Pre-Crisis. Screwed everything up.>>

maybe it was POST crisis that screwed it up . . .

Draco69
Eh. Writers all the same. Poor Darkseid was neutered.

leonidas
<<Eh. Writers all the same. Poor Darkseid was neutered.>>

agreed. and at least POST crisis has had some consistancy - though even poor POST crisis CM has had his origins mucked with. criminy, how do they expect us to keep up?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Draco69
One day when Billy was ten years old, he was led into a subway tunnel by a mysterious man.

um....... embarrasment ...... this doesn't sound like a good idea to me...... did he mention puppies or sweets?

Originally posted by Draco69
Deep in the subways, the mystery man led Billy to the ancient wizard Shazam

i believe the term for this is "gang rape"

laughing

Draco69
You're funny guy Scooby. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.