Every thing I need to know

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Violin Vixen
Okay, you can't think I'm weird but I have never seen the older versions of Star wars. You know the first ones that came out. But I totally love star wars. I only know the very basics about it. So could every one please tell me every thing I need to knoe about Star Was? I've seen the episodes I and II, but it's been a long time. So just tell me every thing. Or at least all I need to know to keep me from being confused when I go see episode III. Thanx! ninja

Captain REX
Why don't you just watch it. no expression

jedi2187
I wonder if I should direct her over to the Star Wars Smiley Theater...

Nah.

Anyhoo, break out the dvd's, and just sit, chill, take it all in and take notes.
After you get done watching ROTS on Thursday, go home and watch the last three.

Then you'll be in like Flint!

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Violin Vixen
Okay, you can't think I'm weird but I have never seen the older versions of Star wars. You know the first ones that came out. But I totally love star wars. I only know the very basics about it. So could every one please tell me every thing I need to knoe about Star Was? I've seen the episodes I and II, but it's been a long time. So just tell me every thing. Or at least all I need to know to keep me from being confused when I go see episode III. Thanx! ninja

Dude... nobody is going to sit here and outline all of the movies for you. Just watch 'em. It isn't torture. Go buy some popcorn... call your girlfriend up... your best bud... pop in the DVD... pump up the surround sound... enjoy!!!

And I cannot stress how much it pains me to hear this type of thing from so called Star Wars fans. If you have not even watched the originals you are not a fan. They were the best ones!!!

I will say this... if you haven't watched the originals, Episode III will leave you begging to see what happens next... hopefully! wink

smile

Mist
wouldnt ep3 spoil a lot though? like the twists from the OT will be revealed....

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Go buy some popcorn... call your girlfriend up... your best bud... pop in the DVD... pump up the surround sound... enjoy!!!
smile

Um hate to break your bubble but.........Violin Vixen is Female.

(just thought you'd like to know big grin )

jedi2187
Originally posted by LightSaber_Part

Even more bad news...

(SPOILERS AHEAD! WATCH YOUR HEAD!)

Clark Kent is Superman.
Ever take a photo of S-Man and draw glasses on his face? I'm amazed Lois hasn't caught on yet...

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by jedi2187
Even more bad news...

(SPOILERS AHEAD! WATCH YOUR HEAD!)

Clark Kent is Superman.
Ever take a photo of S-Man and draw glasses on his face? I'm amazed Lois hasn't caught on yet...

er.......good point....................but I'm not getting what your trying to get across. confused

jedi2187
er.......good point....................but I'm not getting what your trying to get across. confused

Sorry 'bout that. Trying to be humorous while under the influence of allergy medicine isn't as easy as I thought it would be.
To help people understand the obvious:

Vixen= female

Kent= Superman

Palpatine= Maul.

Waitaminute......

DarkYoda

image enters DarkYoda's head... ponders for a bit...

I stand by my first statement. big grin

laughing laughing

jedi2187
Awesome wink

LightSaber_Part
OK, Know I get it. (I never herd of the word/name Vixen before) embarrasment

astrofan428

laughing laughing

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

jedi2187
OK, Know I get it. (I never herd of the word/name Vixen before) embarrasment

Don't sweat it bro, it can happen to anyone. Water under the bridge.

Violin Vixen
Dude... nobody is going to sit here and outline all of the movies for you. Just watch 'em. It isn't torture. Go buy some popcorn... call your girlfriend up... your best bud... pop in the DVD... pump up the surround sound... enjoy!!!

And I cannot stress how much it pains me to hear this type of thing from so called Star Wars fans. If you have not even watched the originals you are not a fan. They were the best ones!!!

I will say this... if you haven't watched the originals, Episode III will leave you begging to see what happens next... hopefully! wink

smile

I still like to think I'm a fan. And i have seen the first one. I just never really had the chance to really get into star wars. but I do like it. But know that I am really starting to enjoy star wars a lot more I probably will make time to actually watch them.

jedi2187
You are a fan, VV. No matter if this is your very first viewing of SW, or your 1000th. You've got the enthusiasm and you're having fun, which is what SW is about.
I'll try and compose for you a brief synopsis later on (barring unforseen reality stuff like chores and eating) of the first two flicks so you can get up to speed.
In the meantime, swing by starwars.com and check out their Epi. 1 and 2 section to help pass the time.
smile

Violin Vixen
Thanx! I'll check out that site. And you are so right. I am a fan. May be not the biggest but every thing you said was totally true!

LightSaber_Part
Yes, listen to master jedi2187 you must yes

and hey I'm happy to meet any SW fan big grin

astrofan428
Yeah you get the strange opportunity to be on of the first to see the SW movies in the correct order.

Hope you enjoy it.

Ken Kenobi
Watch the Original Trilogy before watching ROTS, PLEASE!!! ROTS will spoil everything about the Original Trilogy.

Texansfan05
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Watch the Original Trilogy before watching ROTS, PLEASE!!! ROTS will spoil everything about the Original Trilogy.

In some way's Ken is right there are cool twists that would be spoiled seeing Episode 3 first. But I think seeing it 1-6 would be cool as well .
so violin vixen i'd support either way you viewed the 6 movies.

Lord Yoda
it would be less confusing seeing them in order, but if you saw the OT first it would make ROTS a hell of a lot better yes

theshakl
nah dude! don't watch the OT!!! YOU ARE ONE OF THE FIRST WHO WILL BE ABLE TO WATCH THEM WITHOUT HAVING SEEN WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN 4, 5, AND 6!!

contrary to what others are saying, i suggest you watch episode 3! then as soon as possible after, watch episode 4! it will be a great experience for you that hardly anyone has had the chance to have!

watch ep. 3 then 4........it only makes sence...

DON"T WATCH the old ones YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
watch 3 first!

Eleonora

laughing laughing

Which was......?

ps. I think it's better to watch the OT first, makes the new ones more emotional.

Violin Vixen
Well, i really can't watch the first ones like so many of you are telling me. Not right away at least. And seeing ROTS won't ruin anything I don't think. I know all about star wars just never really watched before. You know? But I will definitly watch them.

ab2421
A surprise may be ruined for you if you watch III before IV-VI but at the same time, maybe not... George Lucas said that he intends for the films to be viewed from 1-6... so why dont you catch up on 1 and 2.. (better yet, try and watch them) go see III. ... and THEN go watch the originals...

jedi2187
Well, i really can't watch the first ones like so many of you are telling me. Not right away at least. And seeing ROTS won't ruin anything I don't think. I know all about star wars just never really watched before. You know? But I will definitly watch them.

Good to hear, VV!
I was raised on the OT, so I envy you for seeing the saga this way (not knowing what the next three chapters will bring you). Wish we were there to watch it with you cool

bILLYgOAT

REPORTED
for being a NOOBUS

now fuc off

stop starting sh!t threads,

jedi2187
Originally posted by bILLYgOAT
Edit

I find your lack of faith disturbing....http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/sly.gif

Don't forget, you were a 'noob' once yourself.

astrofan428
Edit

So because she is a new person and is asking an polite question you have to come give her shit.

Is that all you come here for is talk shit to new members who start threads that you dont find interesting?

bILLYgOAT
ok
my mistake

sorry

go ahead
JEDI217 & astrofan428
and write out that nice LONG history of star wars for Violen Vixen
please publish it here on the forum just incase Violen Vixen can't type www.starwars.com

evil face

randi_jedi
You know, I was thinking. (rare thing for me to do) But a lot of people are saying that she should watch RotS and then the OT b/c its a chance to see them in order like most of us haven't. Well, from now on, thats proally what gonna happen. New fans watching them 1-6.
Would you (had you the opportunity) watch 1-6 or the way we grew up 4,5,6,1,2,3? If you had friends that had never seen any of it or children of your own, how would you expose them to the two trilogies?
I honestly have no idea. I randomly liked SW then the OT came back out in theatres and got me hooked. I honestly like the new movies and would have to say that my kids would watch the stuff like I did. The OT keeps the story line intersting and the new flicks are fun to look at.
Just thought I would see what everyone else thought...If anybody is interested.

Texansfan05
Edit

I'm new to and I'm glad that most of the more experienced member's show people more respect then you bILLYgOAT.

jedi2187

Texansfan05
posted by jedi2187

Sio Bibble (ha!) sends a distress message, but it was a collect call, and the idiots on the starship accept the charge, so Sidious is able to establish a trace.

laughing laughing laughing

Violin Vixen
OKay. Thanx. I don't think I'll be coming back here any time soon.

jedi2187
OKay. Thanx. I don't think I'll be coming back here any time soon.

Whoa, WAIT! Was the story that bad, or was it because of bILLYgOAT?

Texansfan05
V.V. If your mad about bILLY gOAT I don't think that many people at KMC would say what he said, you shouldn't let one a-hole bother you.

WindDancer
Edit

Don't do again biLLYgOaT! That was totally out of line. no expression

Lord Yoda
Don't worry about Billygoat, most people aren't jerks here. and i find your question very intriguing. thumb up smile and tell someone if billy or someone else is being a jerk.

jedi2187
I already pm'd and emailed VV, but she hasn't responded.
Oy.

jedi2187
Hmm, all right. VV may be back, or not (and if not, I wish her well). But in case she does, here is my final quick take.....

Episode 2: The Gist

The Naboo Express lands on a Coruscant platform and explodes, immediately prompting Ford to recall all other 2002 Naboo Express models off the market. Padme is unscathed and makes it (along with her Harajuku legion) to Palpatine's office, to meet up with the SuperChancellor and the Jedi council.
Obi-Wan and Ani make it to the luxury suite of the Betty Ford Posh Clinic to meet up with (ugh) Jar-Jar, whose Basic language had not improved at all in 10 years passing.
Obi-Wan and Ani make pleasantries to Padme, although Ani had trouble getting his feeling across to her
("Hi, I'm Anakin. I'm your density."
"My what?"
"Oh...I mean, 'destiny'."wink

Jango Fett hooks up with an assassin, who fails to kill Padme, fails to kill the Jedi, and fails to stay alive. Loser.

Concerned deputized agents of the law, Obi-Wan investigates who the weirdo was that started this whole rhumba. Ani and Padme with R2 in tow head to Naboo to make sure the senator is safer there. Ani this time remembers to bring the baby oil.

Obi-Wan heads to the library and meets the librarian that still gives me the heebie-jeebies every time she shows up on screen. Clueless as to the whereabouts of the 'removed' planet Geonosis, Kenobi consults Yoda and the entire cast of the Mickey Mouse club to figure out that someone erased the planet from the archives (way to go, Matlock.)

Insert flirty love scenes of Ani and Padme here.

Kenobi goes to Kamino, and forgets to pack an umbrella. He meets up with Jango, sees the clones in production, meets Boba, fights, almost falls into the ocean, and FINALLY chases Slave 1 through an asteroid belt. Man, doesn't this guy ever rest?

Ani has bad dreams after his late night snack and has visions of his mom (no, not THAT kind. Pervert.) He, Padme, and R2 head to Tatooine. Watto leads them to the Lars homestead , where they tell them that she's been taken by the Sand People. Ani pursues, but comes too late and does his own reenactment of Michael Douglas' "Falling Down" (own it on video!)

Kenobi lands on Geonosis and is captured by Count Dracu- - uh, Dooku.
Ani buries his mom, takes off with Padme, R2 and 3PO (without asking the Lars if he can take him! What's up with that?) and land on Geonosis, where they are captured. R2 and 3PO get separated.

All three are taken out to the arena to be executed by creatures from 'Masters of the Universe', but are saved by the Jedi, whom are attacked by the droid army, which are assaulted by the army of the Republic.
Everyone follow me? Good.

Jango loses his head (literally), Padme tells Ani that she loves him, and the Clone Wars begins.
Ani and Kenobi corner Dooku.. for about 30 seconds, and then Ani, being a Skywalker, charges in first and gets beaten up later. Obi-Wan does his best to defend himself, and Yoda comes to save their hindquarters.

Dooku meets Sidious, the Jedi lick their wounds and Ani and Padme get hitched in West Virginia. Or is that Italy?

astrofan428

("Hi, I'm Anakin. I'm your density."
"My what?"
"Oh...I mean, 'destiny'."wink

Nice! laughing

Texansfan05

Kenobi consults Yoda and the entire cast of the Mickey Mouse club to figure out that someone erased the planet from the archives (way to go, Matlock.)

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.