Thing vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
The Thing VS The Professor Hulk

Ok heres the scenario. Everyone knows how much Ben cares about Suzie, right? and everyone knows that when someone tries to hurt her he flips out right? Well, here's the story. Professor Hulk killed Suzie right in front of Ben, who had to watch cuz he was chained to an adamantium wall with adamantium shackles. So Ben's eyes are now Red with anger and he wants to kill Professor Hulk and starts threatening him and crap as to being to scared to release him. So Hulk finally releases him and they go at it. Does the Thing, no that he's insanely over-the-edge with anger, beat down the Hulk, or does the Professor Hulk still get the better of him?

juggernaut74
Oh no not this again.

dawsey28
Professor Hulk killing Suzie?

Prof Hulk wins.

colossus17
why cant people admit that thing will never beat HULK........never......people try to paint scenarios in favor of the thing..but it dosent matter....he will never beat him.....just like i will never beat juggernaut......

juggernaut74
Originally posted by colossus17
just like i will never beat juggernaut...... This is true Happy Dance

colossus17
its a given that colossus cant beat juggy..and i admit it.....he is a mystical being.....and the thing will never beat the hulk....he is way to strong....way more durable....faster..has a healing factor....the longer the fight the less chances the thing has of staying alive...

Wynndar
Thing has beaten the Hulk.

Draco69
With the help of his teammates.

Wynndar
no...he demolished the Hulk in FF#320, dont be ignorant...how many Hulk Thing fights do u own? He also beat him in Hard knocks number 4.

Draco69
I read it. It was Spiny Thing vs. Gray Hulk. Not Professor Hulk. Not a contest.

armandovalles
he still won. lol.

Cosmic Cube
In the latest "Tales of the Thing," Savage Hulk forces Thing to apologize for something he didn't even do. And Thing acquiesces, too. Thing fighting Savage Hulk is no contest.

But this isn't Savage Hulk. I believe that Thing could give the Professor quite a fight.

Draco69
Originally posted by armandovalles
he still won. lol.

Of course he won. Dr. Doom messed up Gray Hulk's brain and Spiny Thing was an upgraded Thing. So he won. Under normal circumstances he would lose.

armandovalles
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
In the latest "Tales of the Thing," Savage Hulk forces Thing to apologize for something he didn't even do. And Thing acquiesces, too. Thing fighting Savage Hulk is no contest.

But this isn't Savage Hulk. I believe that Thing could give the Professor quite a fight.

Hulk did not force him to say sorry, they were totally even the entire fight. Thing just said he was sorry cuz he wanted to prove to himself that he wasnt a monster.

FieryBalrog
a fight between spiny thing and a messed up grey hulk proves zilch...

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by armandovalles
Hulk did not force him to say sorry, they were totally even the entire fight. Thing just said he was sorry cuz he wanted to prove to himself that he wasnt a monster.

Thing had to resort to calming Hulk down. He said sorry because he didn't want Hulk to wreck him.

Hulk says,

"Hulk want to be left alone, but puny humans won't let him. So puny humans say sorry to Hulk, or they will pay. Thing will say sorry, too."

Thing replies,

"Okay. Sorry."

Darth Trinew
Prof Hulk is way to smart

Wynndar
Originally posted by Draco69
Of course he won. Dr. Doom messed up Gray Hulk's brain and Spiny Thing was an upgraded Thing. So he won. Under normal circumstances he would lose. ...Doom used a neuro scrambler to keep Hulk off of him...Hulk had recovered by the time he fought the Thing. That was not a factor...i think u misunderstood the comic if u read it.

armandovalles
Originally posted by Darth Trinew
Prof Hulk is way to smart

I realize he's smart. But when it comes to strategy, i think the Thing would normally have the advantage because of his military experience.
But in this scenario whenThing is insane, i think the roles are reversed as the Hulk would have to use his head in order to prevail against the rampaging Thing and if Hulk didnt use his head in this situation, i think Hulk would get pummeled.

long pig
I don't know about you but how big of a freaking rip off is Hulk ? He's a green Grundy!
Jesus, Grundy has said those EXACT words before to Wonderwoman.

But yeah, sorry, I miss Grundy sad

Thing only shows Hulk problems because Thing's base strength is same as Hulk's base strength.
But as soon as Hulk gets pissed, Thing gets his ass handed to him.

Thing vs prf hulk is different, they are nearly the same strength permanently, I'd give it to thing, he's just a better fighter than Prof.

Fanboy
Hulk would win because Prof Hulk already beat thing when the HUman Torch burnt down the university.

kgkg
Thor has defeated FF (fight)
Gladiator has defeated FF (fight)

Gladiator > Thor > Hulk / Jugs

Jugs has humiliated the thing

Jugs = Hulk

Hulk will beat the thing for so

Tough Guy
hulk, though benjy shuld not be underestimated as a fighter. a lot of comics have him beaten far to easily at times.

mr.smiley
ben is a tough guy,but with a straight fight with the hulk,hulk will win

K3VIL
Poor Thing fanboys, why you must torture yourself, Hulk will always be better than him, Thing is the golder heart brick guy, Hulk is the brick guy that level anything on his path.
Professor Hulk was around 80-90% of Savage Hulk durability, and he can he grow stronger, slightly slower, but he can, plus he's smarter than Savage Hulk, he'll murder Thing, totally ambushing him.After all he stayed fist to fist with the Juggernaut, someone that the Thing can only prey for crossing the fists with.

Wynndar
I dont think anyone on here fully understands the Hulk or Thing.

Tough Guy
i think i understand both

Wynndar
my bad tough guy...i know that u actually do read Hulk comics

black wolverine
hlku would win he killed thing once already in the fantastic four episode nightmare in green he killed thing and strech made him come back to life

armandovalles
no, he didnt kill Thing, Sue just couldnt hear a heartbeat but thats not cuz he was dead, it wuz cuz his hide is too thick to heara heartbeat threw.

black wolverine
ok dat makes sence but he still owned him badly

Tough Guy
well hulk is the ultimate powehouse, and thing knows this. once hulk is too mad there isnt a lot that can be done about it physically by anyone. ben however is a good fight strategist and thats quite good

Wynndar
Hulk owned him in a cartoon show? what relevance does that have?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Wynndar

cool Most are clueless. Yes The HULK has beaten The THING more times than The THING beaten The HULK.

But in that same sentence it says everything. Ben has and can beat him.
Although odds are The HULK will beat Ben in a close fought victory. But it's not a given that The HULK wins.

By the way all you THING haters. How many other hero's can legitimately say that not too many.

Ben's nobody's fool.

cool

Zahit
RESPECT.

black wolverine
hulk wins

Hulk Power
Of course Hulk wins. He's stronger, bigger, and faster. Also the healing factor. Thing has no chance against HULK.

Tough Guy
in a long fight obviously thing would lose, but the thing is benjy knows this, and also has a good knowlegde of how to fight, even beings more powerful than himself. ( having juggie knock thing out in 3 punches was totally crap writing). if hulk is very mad then physically all need to watch it, but in a normal fight benjy has opportunities with hulk in a lets say calmer state, with his good fighting skills. if hulk starts to lose it then benjy is someones driveway. but then if hulk realy loses it with anyone it is see u later

Scoobless
Thing would kick the Hulk's arse..... no expression

Grimm22
Against Prof. Hulk, Ben takes the majoirty.

In this situation, Ben rips Prof. Hulk in half yes

Accel
Hulk still wins, although it'll be a much tougher fight than they typically are.

Horrificus
"Pineapple Thing" Can beat the Hulk.

Grimm22
Spikey or "Pinnapple" Thing isnt as strong or as tough as Current Thing no expression

galan7777777
hulk would eat the thing alive black_shark

CM-Shazam
poor thing. i wish marvel would amp him up to another level of strength and durability.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Grimm22
Spikey or "Pinnapple" Thing isnt as strong or as tough as Current Thing no expression

I'm not disagreeing. Just asking where it says that.
I thought spikey was the strongest.
Are there any stats on these guys?

Grimm22
Not really no

However, Ben never really gets weaker erm

Current Ben is at least Class 100 (low).

Pinnaple Thing was around 90 tons erm

Grimm22
Originally posted by galan7777777
hulk would eat the thing alive black_shark

This is Prof. Hulk no expression

Their stength is even.

Except, Ben is more durable, skilled, faster and has a spirit that just wont give wink

Prof. Hulk does have a healing factor, but its nowhere near the level of Savage

Jonathanos
no...he demolished the Hulk in FF#320, dont be ignorant...how many Hulk Thing fights do u own? He also beat him in Hard knocks number 4.

In FF #320, Hulk was extremely cocky and didn't really pay attention to Doom telling him that Thing was substantially stronger than before. More importantly, the fight took place during the day. Greyskin experiences constant pain and is weaker during the day. Even with his boosted strength, Thing was worn out by the fight as he himself admitted.

Hard Knocks #4, Hulk was weakened by the Wrecker's ray.

Hulk wins this fight. If he's off his rocker enough to kill Sue, this may as well be Maestro.

Jonathanos

None. Just FYI, the cartoon took a lot from FF #112.

Jonathanos
This is Prof. Hulk no expression

Their stength is even.

Except, Ben is more durable, skilled, faster and has a spirit that just wont give wink

Prof. Hulk does have a healing factor, but its nowhere near the level of Savage

Their strength is not even. In FF Unlimited, Merged Hulk embarrassed Thing. He casually stopped Thing's attack, palmed his face, and planted him face-first to the floor.

They also fought in FF #374 and I didn't get the impression that Thing felt he was Hulk's equal.

Hulk's will is every bit as strong as Thing's.

And Thing is not more durable than Hulk. That's crazy talk.

Jonathanos

Based on what?

Spiky Thing commented that he was "Hulk Class." Post-Spiky Thing compared to Merged Hulk... well, see above.

Dinalfos
Against Prof. Hulk, Ben takes the majoirty.

In this situation, Ben rips Prof. Hulk in half yes

Wrong.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Jonathanos
Based on what?

Spiky Thing commented that he was "Hulk Class." Post-Spiky Thing compared to Merged Hulk... well, see above.

My reason for thinking "Spikey" was stronger, was this:

Thing has fought the Hulk many times before he turned Spikey. So, he knows how strong and tough Hulk is, and can get.
He KNOWS Hulk.

Then, when he turned Spikey, he made comments about being stronger than they Hulk. How he can't wait to fight the Hulk, because now he, (Thing), "is the strongest guy in town."
If anybody knows if he is stronger than Hulk, it would be Ben.
Well, that was my thinking.

Dinalfos
Stronger at base, perhaps. I can believe that, since Grey Hulk was below class 100 at his base and "Spike" is twice as strong as normal Ben.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Stronger at base, perhaps. I can believe that, since Grey Hulk was below class 100 at his base and "Spike" is twice as strong as normal Ben.

He said and thought this before he ran into the Grey Hulk. Before he knew he was grey and weaker.

Dinalfos
Originally posted by Horrificus
He said and thought this before he ran into the Grey Hulk. Before he knew he was grey and weaker.

Well, then he was just being overconfident. Because Thing had been powered up before and he still couldn't outmuscle the Hulk. Sure, it was old Savage, but still....

golem370
Professor Hulk might not be Savage Hulk or Mindless Hulk but he is still above Thing,Colossus.Rage,Rhino and people in that strength level he is still a high level class 100 player.

golem370
The only way Thing lasted so long against Savage Hulk was because he out fight him and outsmart him Professor Hulk is just as good of a fight as thing and he is smarter tougher stronger faster

H. S. 6
I'd give the majority to Prof. Hulk.

Their base strength is around the same, but Hulk's got the edge in durability, plus he's got his healing factor. Furthermore, the Professor will be using his head, while Thing will be mad with rage/not thinking clearly.

Professor Hulk ftw.

Jonathanos

Thing has fought the Hulk many times before he turned Spikey. So, he knows how strong and tough Hulk is, and can get.
He KNOWS Hulk.

Then, when he turned Spikey, he made comments about being stronger than they Hulk. How he can't wait to fight the Hulk, because now he, (Thing), "is the strongest guy in town."

I don't recall Thing ever saying he was actually stronger than the Hulk, only that he was Hulk Class and believed he could handle the Hulk with his new power.

I agree that Thing was stronger in that form than previously but Grimm (poster) said current Thing is stronger now than in his pineapple form.

S.G
Originally posted by long pig
I don't know about you but how big of a freaking rip off is Hulk ? He's a green Grundy!
Jesus, Grundy has said those EXACT words before to Wonderwoman.

But yeah, sorry, I miss Grundy sad

Thing only shows Hulk problems because Thing's base strength is same as Hulk's base strength.
But as soon as Hulk gets pissed, Thing gets his ass handed to him.

Thing vs prf hulk is different, they are nearly the same strength permanently, I'd give it to thing, he's just a better fighter than Prof. Um didn't Hulk come before Grundy roll eyes (sarcastic)

Horrificus
I don't recall Thing ever saying he was actually stronger than the Hulk, only that he was Hulk Class and believed he could handle the Hulk with his new power.

I agree that Thing was stronger in that form than previously but Grimm (poster) said current Thing is stronger now than in his pineapple form.

He said that he can't wait to try out his new body on the Hulk. He then said, "Now I'm the strongest guy in town!"

Tony Stark

He KNOWS Hulk.

rock

#1 Spikey THING was the strongest real non-enhanced (Mephisto) THING by a long ways... Current THING is mid CL100... Spikey was arguably the strongest hero in MARVEL (IE him saying he was "Strongest guy in town" He'd know he has fought them all)

#2 Since when is Banner (Prof. HULK) been known as a expert fighter EVER...? the answer is NEVER! He has 1/100th the fighting skills that Ben has.

#3 Rage and Rhino are nowhere close to CL100...More like CL50-60 at very best...

#4 Prof. HULK is mid CL100 PERIOD. No higher.

wink

Dinalfos
Originally posted by Tony Stark
rock

#1 Spikey THING was the strongest real non-enhanced (Mephisto) THING by a long ways... Current THING is mid CL100... Spikey was arguably the strongest hero in MARVEL (IE him saying he was "Strongest guy in town" He'd know he has fought them all)

#2 Since when is Banner (Prof. HULK) been known as a expert fighter EVER...? the answer is NEVER! He has 1/100th the fighting skills that Ben has.

#3 Rage and Rhino are nowhere close to CL100...More like CL50-60 at very best...

wink

#1 Grey Hulk pwned Spike the second time they fought. Even he can reach Spike's strength level with sufficient rage.

#2 He's not an expert fighter, but Bruce's intelligence allows for a more strategic approach.

#3 True.

#4 There is no such thing as mid class 100. But I know what you mean and it's wrong. Prof. Hulk has an unknown base strength, but it still increases with anger. That means he is stronger than Ben, since his strength is static.

Jonathanos
He said that he can't wait to try out his new body on the Hulk. He then said, "Now I'm the strongest guy in town!"

Which doesn't mean he actually is the strongest guy in New York (a boast) much less the strongest guy on Earth (which he didn't claim).

Grimm22

Hulk's will is every bit as strong as Thing's.

WTF?!?! What the f**k? eer

Yeah its pretty apparent you either know nothing about the Thing or are a Hulk fanboy no expression

Grimm22
Originally posted by golem370
The only way Thing lasted so long against Savage Hulk was because he out fight him and outsmart him Professor Hulk is just as good of a fight as thing and he is smarter tougher stronger faster

Nope no

Unless, Prof. Hulk has more than 25 years of experience in fighting and has mastered numerous forms of combat then there is no way in hell, any Hulk has more skills than Ben no expression

That and Ben is just as strong, faster and tougher than Prof. Hulk

Jonathanos
Originally posted by Tony Stark
rock

wink

1. Thing is not considered Class 100. Spiky Thing did nothing to make me think he was the strongest Marvel hero. His boast means very little unless it's backed up. Otherwise, Odin's omnipotent, Mjolnir's all-powerful, Hulk is stronger than Eternity, etc.

2. It's not Banner-Hulk. This is Merged/Professor Hulk who has traits of all the Hulks.

3. You're underestimating Rhino. He's strong enough to go toe-to-toe with Hulk. Hulk treated Rage like he was nothing.

4. Merged Hulk is high Class 100 when angry. He's also supposed to start out stronger than prior incarnations.

Grimm22
1. Thing is not considered Class 100. Spiky Thing did nothing to make me think he was the strongest Marvel hero. His boast means very little unless it's backed up. Otherwise, Odin's omnipotent, Mjolnir's all-powerful, Hulk is stronger than Eternity, etc.

2. It's not Banner-Hulk. This is Merged/Professor Hulk who has traits of all the Hulks.

3. You're underestimating Rhino. He's strong enough to go toe-to-toe with Hulk. Hulk treated Rage like he was nothing.

4. Merged Hulk is high Class 100 when angry. He's also supposed to start out stronger than prior incarnations.

1. Thing is definitly Class 100 no expression

2. This is Prof. Hulk

3. Ben pwned Rhino when he was at 85 tons. Rhino is an idiot, get over it

4. Once again this isnt merged Hulk

Jonathanos
WTF?!?! What the f**k? eer

Yeah its pretty apparent you either know nothing about the Thing or are a Hulk fanboy no expression

No, if either of us is a fanboy it's you with your claims that Thing is more durable than Hulk.

Hulk waded through a force that flayed off his flesh. He was reduced to practically a skeletal state and still continued moving forward.

Let me know when Thing does something like that.

Dinalfos
Prof. Hulk = Merged Hulk, technically.

Jonathanos
1. Thing is definitly Class 100 no expression

2. This is Prof. Hulk

3. Ben pwned Rhino when he was at 85 tons. Rhino is an idiot, get over it

4. Once again this isnt merged Hulk

1. Not according to Marvel.

2. Yes, I know. You don't know your Hulk incarnations.

3. And this Hulk incarnation kayoed Rhino with one shot.

4. Once again, yes, I know. You don't know your Hulk incarnations.

Grimm22
No, if either of us is a fanboy it's you with your claims that Thing is more durable than Hulk.

Hulk waded through a force that flayed off his flesh. He was reduced to practically a skeletal state and still continued moving forward.

Thats his healing factor no expression

Not his durability.

Grimm22
1. Not according to Marvel.

2. Yes, I know. You don't know your Hulk incarnations.

3. And this Hulk incarnation kayoed Rhino with one shot.

4. Once again, yes, I know. You don't know your Hulk incarnations.

1. Marvel handbooks lie no expression

2. Prof. Hulk is nowhere as powerful as Savage or Mindless no expression

3. Everybody beats Rhino, heck even Punisher did no expression

4. Same as 2

Jonathanos
Thats his healing factor no expression

Not his durability.

I was referring to his will. Let me know when Thing does something comparable. Though if you want to start comparing durability, I will gladly do so.

Grimm22
I was referring to his will. Let me know when Thing does something comparable. Though if you want to start comparing durability, I will gladly do so.

First, thats not his willpower.

Second, Check out the Thing respect thread, then we'll talk

Jonathanos
1. Marvel handbooks lie no expression

2. Prof. Hulk is nowhere as powerful as Savage or Mindless no expression

3. Everybody beats Rhino, heck even Punisher did no expression

4. Same as 2

1. The tonnage numbers lie, yes. But Thing has never been considered Class 100 except in his Spiky state.

2. He has all of the potential of either. He simply doesn't have to get as angry to beat most opponents because he's craftier.

3. So why did you brag about Thing doing something everyone's done?

4. Same as I said earlier. You don't know your Hulks. Merged Hulk is Professor Hulk.

Jonathanos
First, thats not his willpower.

Second, Check out the Thing respect thread, then we'll talk

It is willpower. Wading into a force that is shredding you, ignoring the pain, and continuing forward requires willpower.

I did. Feel free to point to something that puts him above Hulk's durability, though...

Grimm22
It is willpower. Wading into a force that is shredding you, ignoring the pain, and continuing forward requires willpower.

I did. Feel free to point to something that puts him above Hulk's durability, though...

First, even if you were to consider that willpower it isnt anywhere even CLOSE to Ben's level of willpower.

Second, its his healing factor, not his durability!

Jonathanos
First, even if you were to consider that willpower it isnt anywhere even CLOSE to Ben's level of willpower.

Second, its his healing factor, not his durability!

Really? Show me where Thing has endured that level of pain. This should be easy since it's not "anywhere even CLOSE to Ben's level of willpower."

And I'll explain this to you again. I wasn't referring to the Vector incident for durability but willpower. And it does require willpower to withstand pain and that was beyond anything I've seen Thing endure.

But on durability, have you found anything that puts Thing above Hulk yet?

Grimm22
1. The tonnage numbers lie, yes. But Thing has never been considered Class 100 except in his Spiky state.

2. He has all of the potential of either. He simply doesn't have to get as angry to beat most opponents because he's craftier.

3. So why did you brag about Thing doing something everyone's done?

4. Same as I said earlier. You don't know your Hulks. Merged Hulk is Professor Hulk.

1. Handbooks are unreliable, that and Ben is stronger now than he was in his spikey form

3. Because you were saying how awesome Rhino was no expression

4. Yeah and as you said in #2, he isnt as powerful as Savage or Mindless

Grimm22
Really? Show me where Thing has endured that level of pain. This should be easy since it's not "anywhere even CLOSE to Ben's level of willpower."

And I'll explain this to you again. I wasn't referring to the Vector incident for durability but willpower. And it does require willpower to withstand pain and that was beyond anything I've seen Thing endure.

But on durability, have you found anything that puts Thing above Hulk yet?

First, Hulk gets hurt pretty easily, its just hard to tell because of his healing factor

Second, As I said before go to the Thing respect thread, I dont have the time, nor the patience to deal with your lack of knowledge on the Thing

Jonathanos
1. Handbooks are unreliable, that and Ben is stronger now than he was in his spikey form

3. Because you were saying how awesome Rhino was no expression

4. Yeah and as you said in #2, he isnt as powerful as Savage or Mindless

1. Prove that Thing is stronger now than in his spiky form.

3. I was saying how Rhino is strong enough to fight the Hulk while Rage was not.

4. I said no such thing. I said he has the same potential as the savage but doesn't have to realize it because he's craftier. Savage pretty much has to bull his way through. Merged doesn't.

Jonathanos
First, Hulk gets hurt pretty easily, its just hard to tell because of his healing factor

Second, As I said before go to the Thing respect thread, I dont have the time, nor the patience to deal with your lack of knowledge on the Thing

Even Merged Hulk, whom you have little respect for, survived a nuclear detonation at ground zero. Thing? Uhm...

Feel free to start listing attacks that have hurt the Hulk but wouldn't hurt Thing...

I've seen the thread. I have quite a number of FF and Thing comics. I'm not at all swayed.

juggernaut74
Hulk is nothing but a big slow dumb@ss. But he does have enough power to put down Thing with a hard fight. The only reason Hulk beats Thing is cause his strength can increase to unkown levels.

Dinalfos
Uhm, this particular Hulk is not exactly a "dumbass".

Grimm22
Even Merged Hulk, whom you have little respect for, survived a nuclear detonation at ground zero. Thing? Uhm...

Feel free to start listing attacks that have hurt the Hulk but wouldn't hurt Thing...

I've seen the thread. I have quite a number of FF and Thing comics. I'm not at all swayed.

First, Hulk survives nuclear blasts because he ABSORBS the blast.

second, I would like to see Hulk fight the freakin champion who wasnt holding anything back for 3 rounds and still be willing to keep fighting afterwards

juggernaut74
Uhm, this particular Hulk is not exactly a "dumbass". Isn't this the same "dumbass" who got his @ss knocked the f*ck out by a construction worker?

Grimm22
Uhm, this particular Hulk is not exactly a "dumbass".

And he still has little to no skill no expression

juggernaut74
And he still has little to no skill no expression As seen in Hulk #402.

Grimm22
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Hulk is nothing but a big slow dumb@ss. But he does have enough power to put down Thing with a hard fight. The only reason Hulk beats Thing is cause his strength can increase to unkown levels.

Thats pretty much how Hulk beats everyone erm

Strength and healing factor.

Im suprised your defending Thing here stick out tongue

juggernaut74
Thats pretty much how Hulk beats everyone erm

Strength and healing factor.

Im suprised your defending Thing here stick out tongue Well I think Thing can hold his own if not win against Prof. Hulk.

Dinalfos
And he still has little to no skill no expression

True. But let's not overrate Thing here. He ain't no friggin' ninja himself either.

Anyway, prof. Hulk dwarfs Grimm in terms of intelligence, strength, durability, healing and stamina. He may not be an expert in hand to hand combat, but he's a smart strategic thinker. Not that he needs it against someone like Ben, but still.

Grimm22
True. But let's not overrate Thing here. He ain't no friggin' ninja himself either.

Anyway, prof. Hulk dwarfs Grimm in terms of intelligence, strength, durability, healing and stamina. He may not be an expert in hand to hand combat, but he's a smart strategic thinker. Not that he needs it against someone like Ben, but still.

first, they are even in strength, and Ben is more durable.

Second, Ben is a very smart fighter, not near Cap level, but he isnt stupid.

Last, considering that Ben has mastered, Judo, Boxing, Wrestling, Grappiling, ect.. , compared to Prof. Hulk you might as well call him a ninja big grin

Dinalfos

Last, considering that Ben has mastered, Judo, Boxing, Wrestling, Grappiling, ect.. , compared to Prof. Hulk you might as well call him a ninja big grin

They are NOT even in strength. If Ben gives Prof a reason to become angry(by putting up a fight, for example), he will supercede him. Rather Easily.

Also, Ben is NOT more durable, certainly not when Bruce gets angry.

Ben is indeed a good fighter, but he's not a thinker. Science smarts can give Bruce a different kind of advantage during a fight. And btw, you're understimating prof. Hulk when it comes to fighting. He's pretty decent. He's gained a lot of experience over the years.

Horrificus
Prof. Hulk = Merged Hulk, technically.

This is true. Marvel calls Prof. Hulk, Merged Hulk.

Validus

laughing out loud

batdude123
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT.

Hulk would beat Grimm up with his dick alone if he wanted to. Hulk 10/10.

Horrificus

... that's because Nobody has been able to flay the flesh off Ben's bones.

And, I have to say that he has faced the U-foes several times.

no flaying.

Skeets
Originally posted by batdude123

batdude123
Originally posted by Skeets

You know it's true. yes

Horrificus
They are NOT even in strength. If Ben gives Prof a reason to become angry(by putting up a fight, for example), he will supercede him. Rather Easily.

Also, Ben is NOT more durable, certainly not when Bruce gets angry.

Ben is indeed a good fighter, but he's not a thinker. Science smarts can give Bruce a different kind of advantage during a fight. And btw, you're understimating prof. Hulk when it comes to fighting. He's pretty decent. He's gained a lot of experience over the years.

I have to addres the durability and will-power factors here.

When the Void was breaking Hulk's bones, he wasn't looking to good.

When the Champion had busted up half the bones in Ben's body, even as a class 85, he kept coming back for more.

no matter what.

Accel
... that's because Nobody has been able to flay the flesh off Ben's bones.

And, I have to say that he has faced the U-foes several times.

no flaying.
Has any body tried? If not, then that fact is irrelevant.

Accel

When the Champion had busted up half the bones in Ben's body, even as a class 85, he kept coming back for more.

no matter what.
Buddy, you're referring to a Hulk that was reduced to a thumb-sucking baby thanks to the Sentry's calming light aura. It's not really a good reference.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Accel
Has any body tried? If not, then that fact is irrelevant.

yes, Vector has tried.
many times.

no flaying.

Accel
yes, Vector has tried.
many times.

no flaying.
Then something tells me it wasn't the same kind of blast. The one that flayed the skin off of Hulk's body wasn't a heating blast, but one that literally repelled the skin off of his body. On another occasion, Hulk ran right through Vector's powers without any trouble whatsoever.

Grimm22

Input Batman Joke ____________________

Grimm22

no matter what.

Yeah the sentry series...not a good reference.

Still though its insane to say that ANY Hulk is even CLOSE to the willpower of the Thing.

Ben is close to if not on Hal Jordon's level

Jonathanos

no matter what.

Like others said, Hulk is affected by Sentry.

In FF #374, a swipe of Wolverine's claws had Thing hunching over. In Enemy Of The State, a single stab from Wolverine had Thing down. Want to compare that with how Hulk has handled far more severe injuries?

Jonathanos
yes, Vector has tried.
many times.

no flaying.

Show me where Vector tried to flay the Thing.

Jonathanos

They are not even in strength. When they were trapped deep underground and the Hulk and Thing were holding up the cave-in, Thing looked to be straining for all he was worth while Hulk had a smile on his face.

In an issue of FF Unlimited, Merged Hulk casually stopped Thing's punch, and face-planted him. Thing's response: "If I ever was in his class, I ain't no more."

Jonathanos
First, Hulk survives nuclear blasts because he ABSORBS the blast.

second, I would like to see Hulk fight the freakin champion who wasnt holding anything back for 3 rounds and still be willing to keep fighting afterwards

Hulk survives nukes because he's that durable. Show me where it says the Hulk absorbs the blast.

And Hulk would have done better than Thing against Champion.

Dinalfos

Still though its insane to say that ANY Hulk is even CLOSE to the willpower of the Thing.

Unlike actual powers, (like flight, super strength, speed or magic), willpower cannot be truly claimed that easily because everyone can develope it or have bursts of it. Remember, a person can have a lack of will one moment, and the next he's willing to go all the way. The same goes for Thing and Hulk.

What makes you think Banner-Hulk wasn't absolutely hellbent on bracing that mountain long enough? Or what about any other instance where Savage Hulk's base strength wasn't enough?

Btw, you're confusing nuclear bombs with gamma bombs.

Jonathanos
There's no way to say definitively who has the greater willpower. Both will fight until they die. They won't give up.

Horrificus
Show me where Vector tried to flay the Thing.

Vector only has one weapon.
Force.
When he shot the Hulk, the force he produced flayed all the meat off of Hulk.

When he shot the Thing, this did not happen.

You figure out why. It isn't on me to do that. I just showed you what has happened.

But, the "ray" was the same.

Accel
Force.

You figure out why. It isn't on me to do that. I just showed you what has happened.

How do you know the ray was the same? In one confrontation with the Hulk, Vector just used his powers to throw stuff at a charging Hulk. The one that tore off Hulk's skin was a ray that repelled matter, meaning it repelled his skin off his body. His rays aren't all the same apparently.

MightyEInherjar
They are not even in strength. When they were trapped deep underground and the Hulk and Thing were holding up the cave-in, Thing looked to be straining for all he was worth while Hulk had a smile on his face.

In an issue of FF Unlimited, Merged Hulk casually stopped Thing's punch, and face-planted him. Thing's response: "If I ever was in his class, I ain't no more."

Real good point here, I remember the latter comic. Anyone have scans?

Jonathanos
Force.

When did Thing face Vector? Was Vector going all-out? What happened to Thing? Did he get tossed away?

Hulk has run through Vector's TK without harm.

Jonathanos
Anyone know the issue number of this encounter between Vector and Thing?

snoopdogg

laughing Boy you sure are a entertaining person. You should look both ways before crossing the street son.

What's the term? Backpedaling? Happy Dance

Jonathanos
Originally posted by snoopdogg
laughing Boy you sure are a entertaining person. You should look both ways before crossing the street son.

What's the term? Backpedaling? Happy Dance

Show me where I'm backpedalling.

snoopdogg
Show me where I'm backpedalling. If I actually give a sh!t I would. But you know what I am talking about. Let's just leave it at that.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by S.G
Um didn't Hulk come before Grundy roll eyes (sarcastic) Hence why he said ripoff (" Green Grundy", a ripoff of) , for a person who uses sarcasm and calls people stupid, you sure do have poor reading comprehension skills.

batdude123
Um.... actually, no. Solomon Grundy premiered in 1944 as one of Alan Scott's villains. Hulk premiered in 1962. So yeah, Hulk is a Grundy ripoff. erm

snoopdogg
Um.... actually, no. Solomon Grundy premiered in 1944 as one of Alan Scott's villains. Hulk premiered in 1962. So yeah, Hulk is a Grundy ripoff. erm Yea Grundy has a good 20 years on Hulk.

Ricodrayz
Um.... actually, no. Solomon Grundy premiered in 1944 as one of Alan Scott's villains. Hulk premiered in 1962. So yeah, Hulk is a Grundy ripoff. erm yes Hulk even copied the Grundy smash thing. Just because Hulk is more popular doesn't mean he came first.

Grimm22
Ugh, im not going to waste my time arguing with a hulk fanboy. It isnt worth it

Dinalfos
Everybody knows that Grundy came first. Although I do believe it has more to do with coincidence than consciously ripping him off.

Ricodrayz
Ugh, im not going to waste my time arguing with a hulk fanboy. It isnt worth it Omg, because thing can't win the majority we are Hulk fanboys fear

Grimm22
Originally posted by Ricodrayz
Omg, because thing can't win the majority we are Hulk fanboys fear

First, im not talking to you.

Second, Prof. Hulk is very overrated yes

Accel
If I actually give a sh!t I would. But you know what I am talking about. Let's just leave it at that.
Does it have somehting to do with Colossus?
Um.... actually, no. Solomon Grundy premiered in 1944 as one of Alan Scott's villains. Hulk premiered in 1962. So yeah, Hulk is a Grundy ripoff. erm
Yep. Hulk did pretty much develop a Grundy persona.

Accel
First, im not talking to you.

Second, Prof. Hulk is very overrated yes
It's not really overrating him to say he beats Thing.

Grimm22
It's not really overrating him to say he beats Thing.

once again im talking to that fanboy I was arguing with before.

Still though there is no evidince to say that Current Ben would lose to Prof. Hulk

Accel
once again im talking to that fanboy I was arguing with before.
Jon? He seems to be pretty well informed. It's not like he's made any thing up.
Still though there is no evidince to say that Current Ben would lose to Prof. Hulk
I would say just about every one of their confrontations is a good indication, like this one...
http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/7656/ffun4jj7.th.gif

Validus

I would say just about every one of their confrontations is a good indication, like this one...
God what a loser.

Grimm22

Current Ben is stronger than he was then no expression

Second, thats a crap showing, Ben NEVER gives up.

Fanboy
Hulk wins Thing does not even survive this attack.

Jonathanos
If I actually give a sh!t I would. But you know what I am talking about. Let's just leave it at that.

Now THAT was backpedalling. laughing

Jonathanos
Ugh, im not going to waste my time arguing with a hulk fanboy. It isnt worth it

Translation:

You cannot prove that Thing is stronger than his spiky version.

You cannot prove that Thing is more durable than Hulk.

You cannot prove that the Hulk survives nukes because he absorbs them.

You pretty much cannot support anything you're claiming so you adopt a superior attitude, call the opposition fanboys, and hope it covers your tracks.

It doesn't.

Jonathanos
No one knows when Thing and Vector fought?

batdude123
Translation:

You pretty much cannot support anything you're claiming so you adopt a superior attitude, call the opposition fanboys, and hope it covers your tracks.

It doesn't.

Grimm=owned.

Accel
No one knows when Thing and Vector fought?
Apparently not. You can stop asking now.

Validus
laughing out loud

H. S. 6
Translation:

It doesn't.

Good post.

Jonathanos
The reason no one knows the issue number is probably because it doesn't exist. I would like for the person who claimed it happened to admit it.

Tha C-Master
Um.... actually, no. Solomon Grundy premiered in 1944 as one of Alan Scott's villains. Hulk premiered in 1962. So yeah, Hulk is a Grundy ripoff. erm If you are referring to me that is what I'm saying, hence a Green Grundy, saying he was a ripoff of him, if I was saying he was a Hulk ripoff I would have said a grey and white Hulk or something to that effect.
Clear now?

batdude123
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
If you are referring to me that is what I'm saying, hence a Green Grundy, saying he was a ripoff of him, if I was saying he was a Hulk ripoff I would have said a grey and white Hulk or something to that effect.
Clear now?

Yeah, actually it was directed towards Jonathanos.

Tha C-Master
Sorry, gotcha then, it was under me so you know the rest... big grin

batdude123
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Sorry, gotcha then, it was under me so you know the rest... big grin

Yep, I know how that goes. big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>