Student and Teacher: Romantic Relationships?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
I know a 18 year old girl (senior) who got into a relationship with a 24 year old teacher. Honestly it is a little unorthodox however I don't see it as immoral or anything.

Also people this for high school to graduate students having romantic relations with their teacher/instructor/professor.

Discuss.

KidRock
Originally posted by Draco69
I know a 18 year old girl (senior) who got into a relationship with a 24 year old teacher. Honestly it is a little unorthodox however I don't see it as immoral or anything.

Also people this for high school to graduate students having romantic relations with their teacher/instructor/professor.

Discuss.

If she is 18 and hes 24, who cares? If the student is say 15 or even 16 then I can see a cause for concern.

Curl_Up&Dye
i dont think its fair to everyone else, cause he's/she's sort of got an unfair advantage.

however, the movie 'Loser' shows a good depiction of what could happen when you date a teacher.

Oh yeah and let's not forget 'The Graduate'.... although Mrs Robinson wasnt a teacher, you might want to check to see if your teacher has a hot daughter that you might fall in love with, before you start banging her. Because that sort of makes them flip out sometimes.... you know.

Afro Cheese
I wish my teachers were 24.

Curl_Up&Dye
lol some of mine are.... but theyre all fat cows and/or mentally deficient

Draco69
Young teachers annoy me. They try either try to "clique" with the popular students or they "clique" with the unpopular students. Either way they treat people differently.

Afro Cheese
I just like the fact that they don't know what they are doing yet so the students have more control over what goes on.

Draco69
True. We once got a physics teacher to give us the answers to a test. smile

Afro Cheese
Ha.. last year this lady who was like an American history teacher gave the whole class answers to an exam. She let them take the exam and then when it was over she said "ok class lets check our answers." She wasn't new though, she was old. In fact, they forced her to retire.

Imaginary
Well here student-teacher relationships are illegal, even if both parties are over the age of 16.

silver_tears
One of my better friends' goal in life is to bang a professor roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ou Be Low hoo
Hahaha...I'm a 25 year old teacher. Only poor teachers -whether they are young or not -show favoritism in a class. Also, if you are able to manipulate your teacher into doing what you want to do then, he/she must be pretty weak and lacking in the ability to create positive discipline.

As for the student - teacher relationship thing...it's wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. Teachers are answerable to parents and such a scenario would be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo unprofessional. If it's at university, then the students are more independent and responsible for their studies, so I think it's slightly more acceptable...but I still wouldn't go there...It's just so ugh.

Imaginary
Originally posted by Ou Be Low hoo
As for the student - teacher relationship thing...it's wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. Teachers are answerable to parents and such a scenario would be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo unprofessional. If it's at university, then the students are more independent and responsible for their studies, so I think it's slightly more acceptable...but I still wouldn't go there...It's just so ugh.

That's why it's illegal here, as well as the fact that while the teachers are trusted with looking after the children as they're the legal guardians while they're at school and it'd be... odd. Ou Be, what age group do you teach?

Ou Be Low hoo
12-14 year olds...They are like riding a roller-coaster...UP-DOWN-UP-DOWN-UP-DOWN-UP-DOWN...You never know what's coming next...

IceWithin
Originally posted by Draco69
Young teachers annoy me. They try either try to "clique" with the popular students or they "clique" with the unpopular students. Either way they treat people differently.

Not necessarily true, I had a 24 year old student (female) and she was really nice to everyone, and she treated everyone equally.

theReject
I liked my young teacher. We didn't really do much in his class now that I think about it...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.