Who ordered the Clone Army and why ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dspol
Hi,

I just watched Episode II and I'm a bit confused... Who ordered the Clone Army and what was the plan behind this move ? Jango being connected both to the Clone Army and to Dooku, I assume the Siths ordered it, but pretended it was ordered by the Republic. In that case, I assume the army would by fighting for the Siths. Or, in the end of the movie, it appears the Clone Army is fighting for the Republic... What did I miss ?

Thanks

yerssot
please use the search button

Darth_Janus
What our friend here means to say is that there is a Search button up above. I know, it's miniscule. But it exists. Before posting, it is usually prefered that you search to make sure you aren't making a thread that has been made before. For example, this particular thread I have seen like five or six times since February. If I see General Grievious versus Maul one more time I might have to check with my doctor to ward off homicidal urges.

No, just kidding on that last part. I never check with my doctor.

The actual answer to your question is pretty much anyone's guess. The other threads usually de-evolve into a bunch of "Hey, I think it was Dooku!" and "hey it was maul you n00b". You get the picture. For your own sanity I suggest not even looking at those threads and just contenting yourself with the idea that George Lucas hadn't made Sifo-Dyas a large point of the plot and even if he unintentionally did, he isn't about to explain it.

Hopefully that sums it up. Have fun.

Darth_Janus
Oops. I reread your post, since I skimmed it beforehand... a fault of mine.

SPOILER ALERT!...

That's required. But staying spoiler free in this place is about as logical as looking for a nun in a whorehouse. Anyways.... The idea behind the Clone Army was for the Sith to present (innocently enough) an army bred and made for the Republic. However, this army, as we find out later on, will be the bedrock on which the Empire is founded and the Jedi exterminated.

dspol
Thanks !

Darth_Janus
You're welcome.

jango fatt
MAY 2005!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to KMC
And first think twice before ya start a lame thread like this one
rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Darth_Janus
Be nice. There's already been a policy on backseat modding. Your input wasn't needed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.